PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Annie has a new Mum and Dad

jenluckenbach
03-14-2004, 08:02 PM
Sweet Annie's adoption application has been approved!

Let the celebration begin! :D

Congratulations to the proud new parents, Jenny and Steve!

prettykitty1
03-14-2004, 08:04 PM
yay good luck annie!!!!!!!!!!:D

AmberLee
03-14-2004, 09:02 PM
Good luck and best wishes to the new happy family!

slick
03-14-2004, 09:13 PM
YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!!! I just knew it would work out.........

Safe journey Sweet Annie and enjoy you new furrrever home.

The nice thing about this is that we will continue to get regular updates on how you are doing :) :)

catnapper
03-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Party time! Where's the confetti? Now all we have to do is get sweet Annie over to them!

rg_girlca
03-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Awww Congratulations Sweet Annie and I hope you have a safe trip to your new forever home.
Good job Jen.:)

krazyaboutkatz
03-15-2004, 12:13 AM
This is wonderful news!!! Congrats Jenny and Steve!!!:D

PayItForward
03-15-2004, 01:45 AM
It is 7:30 am and I JUST found out we are the proud parents of a bouncy American kitty. :D :D :D

popcornbird
03-15-2004, 02:17 AM
Wow! Annie's going all the way to the UK? Congrats PIF..........British parents to an America kitty!!!

Jen.............how are you going to get her there?

davidpizzica
03-15-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Sweet Annie's adoption application has been approved!

Let the celebration begin! :D

Congratulations to the proud new parents, Jenny and Steve! Way to go Annie! You are such a sweet girl and I'm glad you're getting a FOREVER HOME! Train your parents well.;) ;)

Kirsten
03-15-2004, 04:37 AM
Annie is going all the way to the UK??? WOW!!!! :D

Have a safe trip, Annie and a lot of fun in your new home! :)

Kirsten

K & L
03-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Wonderful news!!!

catcrazylady
03-15-2004, 08:06 AM
This is incredible!!! Congratulations!!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Cataholic
03-15-2004, 08:15 AM
This is such wonderful news for a Monday morning~

Congrats to Jenny and Steve! And, Jen, of course!

Logan
03-15-2004, 08:58 AM
I don't think I could be happier for any of you, unless I could be Annie's "chaperone" on her flight over there!!!!! :D

catmandu
03-15-2004, 09:12 AM
Sweet Annie will love it in the UK, as they are renowned for thier Fish and Chips. And I hope that the Quarantine , is not too much of a stress , and she has a Good Life. Found Cats Salute Annie , and her New Guardians , and of course Jen , fo being there when Sweet Annie , needed help the most!

PayItForward
03-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
And I hope that the Quarantine , is not too much of a stress ,
Gary,

We are applying for a pet passport for Annie.

This means she will stay with Jen for 6 months & various blood tests and papers need to be filled out.

Then Annie can fly straight to England and NOT be quarantined. :D

QueenScoopalot
03-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Can I stash a dozen or so stowaways from New England? :D :D :D If so I'll head out right now with all my traps! Bon' Voyage Sweet Annie!:)

Barbara
03-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Hey that's wonderful news. The first PT intercontinental adoption:)

Way to go sweet Annie:)

PayItForward
03-18-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
Hey that's wonderful news. The first PT intercontinental adoption:)

Way to go sweet Annie:)
:D

And bless Jen for running around arranging it all. :D

And those wonderful PT people who covered the gap between my budget and the final cost. :D

All we need to do is drive to the other end of England to pick her up in Oct/Nov 04 :D

I hope the travelling goes well :D

Edwina's Secretary
03-18-2004, 03:35 PM
The last cat my parents had was named Annie. She was an inside/outside cat -- a tabby.

I never actually saw her -- except as a rapidly moving backend. She would have NOTHING to do with anyone but my parents.

But she became very affectionate -- with them -- in her old age. Particularly my father. She would sit at the foot of his easy chair and cry for him. He would sit in the chair and she would spend hours happily on his lap.

She lived about 16 years and kept the mice and chipmunks far away from the house all that time.

Happy Trails Sweet Annie!

PayItForward
03-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Sara,

That was a lovely tail (pun intended).

I hope our Annie enjoys chasing our garden mice as much as your parent's Annie enjoyed hunting.

How lovely that she learned to accept affection in her old age. :)

carole
03-18-2004, 04:36 PM
WOW way to go people, gosh I remember reading the proposed idea and wondering if it would come off, but I should have known where PT people are concerned WE make it HAPPEN, amazing, I think Jenny and Steve are very deserving of Annie, and I sure am happy to see this happen, I hope Jen you are ok with her being inside/outside kitty? take it from me she will be just fine or hunky dory as we say in NZ.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PROUD NEW PARENTS TO BE AND SPECIAL THANKS TO JEN FOR HER WONDERFUL SUPPORT AND CARING OF ANNIE.:)

PayItForward
03-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Thankyou Carole, for your kind comments :D

Yes Jen is fine with the fact Annie will be inside/outside.

Annie was born outside and spent the first few weeks of life outside. I think she will like being an inside/outside cat.

I hope that having outside access will be good for Annie.

And as someone from the charity was thinking of sending her back to be a barn cat, she was going to be outside anyway.

At least this way she gets a warm house full of cat siblings and two servants to ignore on a full time basis ;)

Roll on Oct/Nov 04 :D

catnapper
03-18-2004, 04:50 PM
Ahhh, I see Annie made it to your siggy already!!!!:D :D :D :D

PayItForward
03-18-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Ahhh, I see Annie made it to your siggy already!!!!:D :D :D :D Gosh, you noticed fast.

I hope you don't mind me using your photo of Annie :)

catnapper
03-18-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
I hope you don't mind me using your photo of Annie :)

You terrible, horrible person for using that picture!:) Of course I don't mind, after all she will be your cat. In fact, I feel honored that you used the picture.

PayItForward
03-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Cheers Kim :D

Maybe you can give me some pointers for making a better signature. Nothing as wonderful or complex as yours, just something a little better than my old signature.

I like my current kitty collage but Annie isn't on it and Steve made it for our PT christmas cards.

I want to learn to make my own 'proper' signature.

Killearn Kitties
03-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Annie, darling! You are such a lucky girl. You will have wonderful parents and lots of sweet kitty-cats for your brothers and sisters.

(Now, if you could just smuggle Lucas into your cat carier for me please, I'll collect him at Heathrow!!!

PayItForward
03-18-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
(Now, if you could just smuggle Lucas into your cat carier for me please, I'll collect him at Heathrow!!!
Don't you think Jen might notice :(
Unless we dye him grey to blend in with Annie :)

catnapper
03-18-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties

Ooooh, but Jen does had Mao, who would be a lovely compliment to the ladie's grey fur;)

kimlovescats
03-18-2004, 10:43 PM
Congratulations! I hope all goes well with the preparations, and the next six months fly by for you!;)

jazzcat
03-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Wow, things are moving along. I see she is in your sig now.:D

PayItForward
03-19-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Wow, things are moving along. I see she is in your sig now.:D
:D