PDA

View Full Version : Lost Cat Poster

PayItForward
03-14-2004, 02:57 PM
How to find a lost cat with a ready made lost cat poster.

http://www.piftails.com/Solo_LostCat.html

Still working on printing problems :(

If you paste the below line ....

http://www.piftails.com/images/BamBam_1.jpg

......into the photo box, you'll get a beautiful picture of BamBam on the poster.

I plan to add scroll bars and saving/printing buttons to make the poster more user friendly.

Again I would welcome comments, bear in mind this is just a draft version.

Randi
03-14-2004, 03:20 PM
PIF! That is an excellent way of doing it. :) I only have a few comments - many cats hide under cars, especially if it is cold outside, so bringing a torch and looking under cars would probably also be a good idea. :) And perhaps two photos of the cat on the poster, one from the front, and one from the side.

sirrahbed
03-14-2004, 03:28 PM
You are putting alot of very good work into this site. I will keep checking back. I hope I never have to use the "lost" poster but it is a great idea. The "before you freak out" suggestions are very good. Both my daughter and I have freaked out over lost kitties and BOTH were eventually FOUND in the lining of bed box springs - just as you mentioned. In the meantime, I have the site bookmarked and am watching the progress. Blessings on your efforts!!

PayItForward
03-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Mmm Two photos, good idea. I'll go and try that.

I am lucky my cats avoid the road but you are right I have seen my neighbours cat under her car.

Do you think there is too many fields that need filling in to create the poster ?

PayItForward
03-14-2004, 03:32 PM
Thanks Debbie for the kind words :D *blush*

I also hope I never have to use it but I wanted something other people could use.

As the last thing you would want to do if you lost a cat was to mess about trying to make a poster, yourself.

Randi
03-14-2004, 03:42 PM
No, I don't think there's too many. The more info, the better and depending on the field and font size you use, it won't take up much space. :)

It's really a great idea and done very well!! People who loose their cat are usually so upset and confused, so they can't think straight and make a poster like this.

PayItForward
03-14-2004, 04:19 PM
Thanks Randi. :D

ChrisH
03-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Jenny, that is excellent! It covers everything and takes minutes to do, much needed time saved when trying to find a lost pet. I am especially thinking of when Bella, my son's family cat went missing and the time it took me make a poster.

Well done, great site!:)

Chris

PayItForward
03-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Thanks Chris, It will be better when you can print it properly to an A4 sheet.

Laura's Babies
03-14-2004, 08:04 PM
For babies like Amy or other handicaps: Special conditions, needs or problems where you can type that in...

PayItForward
03-15-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
For babies like Amy or other handicaps: Special conditions, needs or problems where you can type that in...

That is the additional information box. But I'll write some suggestion alongside. I might rename it special needs ?

catcrazylady
03-15-2004, 09:03 AM
What a wonderful idea!! I too have been checking on your website and I think it is great! I know I haven't joined but it's just because right now I can't even keep caught up on PT!! Hopefully someday that will settle down.
Keep up the good and informative work!!!

PayItForward
03-15-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
What a wonderful idea!! I too have been checking on your website and I think it is great! I know I haven't joined but it's just because right now I can't even keep caught up on PT!! Hopefully someday that will settle down.
Keep up the good and informative work!!!
You don't need to join (although you would be welcome) as I have no intention of leaving Pet Talk and our mayor Karen doesn't mind me posting my articles here to get feedback. (Thanks Karen :D )

So you'll not miss anything, as long as you keep visiting Pet Talk ;)

kimlovescats
03-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Great job! I love the suggestion about leaving articles of clothing, etc. with the "scents of home" around!!! :)