PDA

View Full Version : Josie's day :)

slleipnir
03-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Jo had a good day today, and I'm happy that she is happy lol so I'm posting this pointless thread

Usually when I take the dogs to the cottage for a run, I take both of them. But today I decided just to take Jo (Zeke always nips and wants to play when she wants to sniff and stuff) Anyway, she looked so happy :) And best of all, she saw a dog and...PLAYED with it!!! YAY! I'm so proud of her ^_^ Incase you don't know/forgot, shes been extremely aggressive towards other dogs :( Esp big ones. She saw him and stopped, then stared at him. I thought forsure she was going to run off and start a fight..but she didn't! Do you think she's only like this around Zeke maybe because of him? I haven't taken her out by herself (and saw a dog when she was offlead) in a while so I wasn't sure. So why would she do it with Zeke around? Could she feel she needs to protect him? Or maybe he makes her in a bad mood :rolleyes: Anyway! I'm so proud of her!

tatsxxx11
03-14-2004, 01:47 PM
Good girl, Josie!:) I'm so glad you got to enjoy some one on one time with your mom AND your doggie pal! And I'm thinking the medic. must be helping your seizures...no news is good news!:)

Audrey, I don't know why she would only be dog aggressive with Zeke in tow. How was she around other dogs before Zeke came to you? Could be that she is taking some signals from him when they encounter other dogs or that pack mentality kicking in. How does Zeke react to other dogs? With and without Jo? Might just be the signals she's getting from the "other" dog, or it's size as you say; likes some, not others. Did she ever have a particularly bad encounter with another dog? Well, I'm not much help. I've asked more questions than answered! Anyway, I'm so glad you two had such a special day! Give both of those cuties a hug from me!

slleipnir
03-14-2004, 01:53 PM
She use to love playing with other dogs before we got Zeke. It was shortly after we got him she stated to be aggressive. She doesn't seem to mind smaller dogs..as much anyway lol. Zeke is great with other dogs unless Josie picks a fight, then he joins in with her in doing whatever to the other dog.

And yup, seizure meds seem to be doing their job so far! But it might be to soon to tell yet

ChrisH
03-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Aww, that's great! Good girl Josie!:) :)

micki76
03-14-2004, 05:49 PM
You know, Millie is aggressive like that with other dogs if Chester is around. If she’s by herself, she’s usually different. I know it has something to do with Chester being around, but I don’t know quite what it is.

ramanth
03-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Good girl Josie!! Sounds like she had a fun day of playing. :)

anna_66
03-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Sounds like a little one on one did Jo some good!

I'm glad to hear she got along so well with the other dog and was even playing:)