PDA

View Full Version : A stray dog came to my house.

amoore
03-13-2004, 06:09 PM
A stray dog came here three days ago, a beautiful medium-sized black and white colored long-haired dog. She would not let me close to her all the first day. She was so skinny and dirty! I put some food out and watched her eat after I went back into the house.

The next day she hid in the garage and I showed her the food I had for her and gave it to her. By evening she let me pet her. She got even more trusting the next day. She started following me all over the yard. As I petted her I noticed a huge infected growth around her female parts. It was awful looking! Well, I started calling everyone around here to try to see if anyone had lost a dog of her description. But no one had. I posted a sign at the vet's office also. I wanted to find the owners so they could get her to the vet's office right away. And I was falling in love with this sweet-natured dog.

I fixed her a nice clean bed in a a dog house and we brought it close to the house. She seemed to have the need to be near us. She went in it and laid down in her fresh clean bed.

Oh, I hope no one comes for her. She has already got me hooked!

(day 3)

I decided to name the stray dog "Pandy" after a panda bear. I took Pandy to the vet today. We weighed her and she weighed 30 pounds (after eating ravenously for three days). She is still just skin, bones, and fur. The vet told me that she has a breast tumor. He says that she has had it for awhile. He wanted to know if I would want to spend a lot on her for surgery or just have him put her to sleep. He offered me a discount price since she is a stray. It would cost over $300 dollars to cut the tumor off. He said because the tumor had been let go so long that she would die without surgery (it is the size of a baseball and draining from infection.) I said that I could not have her put to sleep. He gave me some antibiotics and sent us home. The surgery is to be done Monday. He also said I could bathe her.

I took her home and gave her a warm bath. She was loaded with fleas and ticks. I combed out all the tangles and lumps that were left from the infection, and from being lost so long. I think I cried the whole time I was cleaning her! Thinking.... how could someone have treated her so badly?

She already knows how to heel and she has had leash training sometime in her life. She sits when I tell her to. She is a really good dog. Anyway it was a pretty depressing day.

The vet thinks someone may have dumped her because of the large smelly draining tumor. He is going to write me out some papers on the bad condition we found her in. Just in case her owners come and try to claim her, he says they will have to reimburse us for the cost of treatment.

My Saturday has been filled with trying to care for Pandy. Please wish Pandy good luck! I will post pictures as soon as they are developed and scanned.:)

DogLover9501
03-13-2004, 06:13 PM
:( Poor Pandy, people are so cruel!

Im glad you got her cleaned up, and checked out at the vet, and am glad your going to try and help her, maybe she was sent to you so she could get better:D

Pandy and you will be in my thoughts, I hope all goes well.

Karen
03-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Thank you so much for caring for this sweet sweet girl. Our prayers will be with you all on Monay, that she does well in with Sir Jury, and there is a positive outcome.

Love and good food to you, Panda dear.

trayi52
03-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Ann, Panda knew to come to you. She knew you and Andy would spend your last penny to help her. I hope everything goes okay for sweet little Panda.

I know that you guys are having a hard time anyway, your hearts are so huge. I am so proud of my sweet sister and sweet brother-in-law Andy.

I love you two. Keep me and all of us posted about Panda. You know we have to know everything here!!!

Willie

amoore
03-13-2004, 06:55 PM
You should see how beautiful she is after her bath! The water was brown, and there was a layer of red mud in the bottom when we drained the tub. Now her coat is snow white and the black spots shine. Andy and me both are in love with her. After what the vet said we doubt that anyone will claim her. We have contacted all our neighbors for three miles around. Does this sound like we are getting attached?

You should see her following Andy around! Andy has a sweet little smile on his face.

Thank you all for the well wishes for Pandy.
:)

micki76
03-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Aw Ann, I love y'all! Thanks for taking her in! It certainly sounds like she needs the surgery and I'm so happy that y'all are going to go ahead with it. You could also contact a rescue organization and see of they would help with paying for her surgery. Just a thought.

I hope all goes well on Monday and please, ket us know how she does. It's not cancerous is it?

Cincy'sMom
03-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Thank you for saving this sweet girl!!! She sounds perfect!!! I do hope noone claims her...anyone who left her that way isn't worth the mud you washed off her, and certainly should not be able to get her back!!

Best wishes for Sweet Panda Bear! Can we see some pictures?

slick
03-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Poor Pandy.....how could people be so cruel :mad:

Bless you Ann for taking in this sweet little girl. Please give her some smoochies from me.

Prayers on the way that the sir jury goes well.

Cincy'sMom
03-13-2004, 07:49 PM
I just had anoter thought...you may consider calling your local animal control to alert them you found this dog. They may want to do a report to strengthen your case should the owners turn up. Having never called myself and not knowing rules or procdures, you may want to pose it as a "hypothetical" first to be sure they would try to claim the dog and take her from you. Maybe Aly would know more about Texas rules regarding this?

amoore
03-13-2004, 08:05 PM
We won't know if the breast tumor is malignant or benign unless part of it is sent off. Hopefully all will be removed and it's not the kind that spreads.

Another thing I have worried about is that she could possibly be bred. We just don't know. The vet said he would rather wait until this surgery heals to spay her if she needs it, so as not to risk infection of the abdominal cavity. We will get Pandy a pregnancy test in her pre-surgical bloodwork on Monday.

Thanks everyone for your care and support. Pandy says thankyou too. I hadn't mentioned she has brown eyes, very striking with the white coat and black spots. And she has those little freckly spots like a Brittany. She has a short muzzle and may be some kind of stock dog or hunting dog mix.

luckies4me
03-14-2004, 11:36 PM
Ann, I wish you and Pandy all the luck in the world and hope tomorrows surgery goes well for this sweet dog. I am so happy to hear you are possibly keeping her and getting her surgery done. Hopefully she isn't pregnant and can be spayed after she recovers. Are you sending in a sample of tissue to be tested? I think at this point it would be a good idea and can help a cruelty case should something come up and someone wants to press cruelty charges or something along those lines.

Please update us when you hear more tomorrow. I can't wait to see pictures! :D

gini
03-14-2004, 11:51 PM
Ann, have I told you lately how much I like you? No? Well, let me tell you now.

Bless you, bless you for taking sweet Pandy into your life and into your good care. You and Andy are the angels that she was looking for and needs so badly.

She must be hurting..........and I will pray that the surgery goes well.

Pet Talk - it is where you come when you need to be reassured that there are some GOOD PEOPLE left.

Corinna
03-14-2004, 11:54 PM
Many prayers for Pandy from here. I had blind liver and white springer as a teen her name was Pandora pandy for short. Please post those pics soon! I still miss my loveing girl.

clara4457
03-15-2004, 12:50 AM
What wonderful giving people you and Andy are. What a lucky girl Pandy is to have found you. It sounds like fate has brought you together. You might want to apply for financial assistance to IMOM. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.imom.org/fa/

Bless you for helping the girl get a new leash on life. :)

Lilith Cherry
03-15-2004, 03:23 AM
Oh bless you for rescuing her!
She sounds like a real treasure and I hope the surgery goes well for her. Often the very best dogs are "found" ones:D

ChrisH
03-15-2004, 04:23 AM
Poor Panda. Bless you for taking her in and caring for her. Sending prayers and positive thoughts that surgery goes well today.

{{BIG hugs}}
Chris

amoore
03-15-2004, 08:34 AM
Pandy is at the vets office now. She was bleeding from her tumor this morning. It is not a good sign for her.

She was wagging that tail even as sick as she is. When we pet her she leans on us with all her weight trying to snuggle against us.:)

we were told this morning that she is a full blooded English setter. A man looked at her and says his is just like Pandy. He even thinks it could be related to his dog.

Thanks so much for all your support, kind words and prayers. I will get back to you on her as soon as I can.

I did not take the film yet to be developed afraid to leave her for long. As soon as I get back from walmart they will be posted. I guess Pandy will be my new digital camera. She is a pretty one.:)

catnapper
03-15-2004, 08:52 AM
Good luck today on your surgery, sweet Pandy.

dukedogsmom
03-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Poor Pandy! I am so glad that she chose your house to stop at. I hope she'll be ok. How cruel and uncaring some people can be.

Logan
03-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Good for you, Ann!!! :) :) It makes my heart sing just to know that this sweet girl found you and that you cared enough to have her seen, bathed, and now hopefully a new lease on life with this surgery. Please keep us posted on how it goes today. We will definitely have Pandy in our prayers.

Logan

ramanth
03-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Poor Pandy! :( It's so wonderful that she found you though. I hope her surjury goes well and that she heals up soon. Look forward to pics! She sounds lovely.

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Ann! You are so wonderful for taking in Pandy and making sure she receives the care she needs. Hope her surgery today will be a success. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

Will you be keeping her? How does she get along with the rest of your crew. English Setters are gorgeous dogs! She must be awfully skiny if she weighs 30 lbs. I am sure that will change with your looking after her :)

Please keep us updated.

trayi52
03-15-2004, 11:40 AM
I can hardly wait to hear how she is doing, I am a new aunt to Pandy. I will be thinking of her, you and Andy until we get some good news.

I am also looking forward to some pictures of Pandy. She will be in my thoughts and prayers for sweet Pandy.

Willie

tatsxxx11
03-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Bless your hearts Ann and Andy for being Pandy's rescue angels!:) You're the best!! Can you imagine how wonderful that bath felt??? Not to mention the meals, the clean, soft bed and the LOVE!!! It's unimaginable to think that someone could be so cruel and heartless, abandoning her in her time of need:( Keeping fingers and paws crossed that all goes well with her surgery today and that you get an encouraging report. She has endured so much suffering and now it's her turn to experience the joys of life and the love of a caring, devoted family. Can't wait to see her pictures:) {{{HUGS}}}

micki76
03-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by amoore
I guess Pandy will be my new digital camera. She is a pretty one.:)

What a fantastic Digicam! I wish I had one just like it! ;)

Any word yet from the vet?

amoore
03-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Pandy Made it !!!!!! :D She is sleeping now. They said she has a lot of staples but looks much better! Andy is picking her up at four today. I have to wait for the Phone man.:(

I cleaned all her bedcloths and put her another pillow for added comfort.

I did not get to walmart to get the pictures developed onto disk because of the phone man delaying me.:(

I will as soon as I can.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support! :)

I want to keep her and give her a better life. I think she chose us somehow. That makes her speacial. :)

luckies4me
03-15-2004, 02:53 PM
That's great news! :D I am so happy to hear she did fine in surgery. What a loving family she now has. I can't wait to see her pictures!

ChrisH
03-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Great news! :) :D

Can't wait to see those pictures either! :)

Will be keeping her, and you, in my thoughts and prayers.

Chris

trayi52
03-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Great news!! I bet Andy can't wait for quitting time to come so he can pick her up.

I am really happy Pandy done so well with the surgery. She is going to have a great home with you and Andy, because I KNOW you two will have her so spoiled.

Willie

tatsxxx11
03-15-2004, 04:41 PM
What happy, happy news, Ann!:) Yay, Pandy's coming home!:) What a lucky, lucky pup to have found you and Andy! No wait, you guys are the lucky ones!!!:) I'll bet Pandy will be so excited to see you; to be home again! It definitely was a match made in heaven. Please give her a hug for me. Can't wait to see her pictures! (Wicked phone man!:p )

K9soul
03-15-2004, 04:45 PM
What a wonderful story Ann, bless your heart in being this pup's guardian angel. I bet she will turn it around and be your guardian angel now! Can't wait to see the pictures of her. I'm very glad to hear she's doing well from her surgery.

Keep us updated! :)

trayi52
03-15-2004, 04:56 PM
K9soul, I never thought of it that way! But she may become Ann's guardian angel!

She may be like the little one you lost, Ann that saved you from the bad guy that came into your house and tried to hurt you. This little angel may be you angel coming to be your protector.

jazzcat
03-15-2004, 05:00 PM
This is the first time I've seen this story but bless you for helping Pandy. I'm so glad she made it through the surgery.

As for the new camera, I'd take a furry companion any day!

sabies
03-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Thank you for helping Pandy, you and Andy are wonderful people. It sounds like you have a nice vet too. I hope Pandy recovers nicely. Looking forward to pictures!

gini
03-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Ann, what great news! I bet you can hardly wait to get her home and spoil her to pieces!

We will all be sitting on pins and needles until we can see a picture of her.

DogLover9501
03-15-2004, 07:32 PM
:D Glad she did well!!

Of course she was chose you, she was sent to you, she just showed up one day! ;)

Cant wait to see her!

Cincy'sMom
03-15-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm so glad the sweet Panda Bear made it through surgery today. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a long healthy life!

anna_66
03-15-2004, 08:01 PM
What a wonderful person you are to take in this sick sweetheart!

I hope all goes well with the tests. Please keep us updated on Pandy:)

trayi52
03-15-2004, 10:23 PM
Ann, is she home? How was her homecoming? Was she glad to get home?

Keep us updated, we demand updates!!

Your sis,
Willie

amoore
03-15-2004, 10:25 PM
She is getting around fine. She has a drain tube and a lot of staples. The vet says he don't think I have to worry about her test comming back as cancer because none of the rest of her breast had any sign of tumor growth. But we will know tomorrow.

I couldn't give her much food tonight the vet was afriad she might get sick. She of course thinks she should have more food. Loverboy did not seem to be frightened of her. He did the nose kiss thing with her.:) Pandy looked surprized!

The pictures will be developed tomorrow. I am hopeful that someone can identify her breed for me so I can study her special needs or habbits. I looked at some pictures of English setters and her ears are too short to be that. Unless they are some that has short ears? Her muzzel is sort of like a chow to me but no black in her mouth. I think she is a bear by the way she eats and wants to bury her food. LOL!

The other good news is she not pregnant. He could not tell yet if she has been spayed . The area were the spaying would have been done was too damaged for him to tell. If he don't find out the next time we go in for her staples to be removed. We will be getting her spayed next.

Thanks for for all your kind words and prayers. I really appreciate all of you. I know if you met pandy you would all love her.:) She would love all of you.:)

micki76
03-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Yay!!! Good news!!! I'm so glad she's home with you! :) I hope the vet is right and you get good news from her tests. I can't wait for pictures, though I think you should let Andy believe she's an English Setter! ;)

CathyBogart
03-15-2004, 10:50 PM
I just found this thread, I'm so glad she found you! I can't wait to see her. She is one lucky pup.

amoore
03-15-2004, 10:51 PM
Thanks Micki, Andy did seem pretty happy about that! He said that guys male dog looked just like Pandy except the dog was taller and had more fat on him than Pandy.

I can't wait to get the pictures! Andy did want to go get them tonight but he had such a tooth ache I thought he should lay down. I hung out with Pandy.

She gets the tube removed Thursday. He gave her some pain meds also. She gets her staples out next week sometime. It says on her paper the next 7 to 10 days.

Thankyou so much!:)

Logan
03-16-2004, 07:15 AM
What wonderful news! Give her a gentle hug from me, please. I hope she will be feeling better every day!!!! :D

Lilith Cherry
03-16-2004, 09:40 AM
that's wonderful news!! I hope she soon will bouncing around like a puppy and feeling happy and healthy again.

amoore
03-16-2004, 09:56 AM
She is already acting like she feels better than she did before the surgery! She was funny this morning. She carried her chew bone ot and burried it! LOL! My beautiful mostly white pandy has mud all over her nose!:rolleyes:

She seen me this morning and her tail was wagging 90 miles an hour! :D

gini
03-16-2004, 10:33 AM
This is a love story that beats anything you could see on the television.

I pray that she will be 100% A.O.K. by next week.

A Stray? Sounds to me as though she has a solid future in a forever home.

aly
03-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Oh thank you so much for saving this sweet dog and fixing her up. I am so glad you decided to keep her. It sounds like love at first sight :)

Where in Texas do you live (sorry I forgot if you've said it before). The reason I ask is because if another situation like this comes up, you can always call me. I have a lot of rescue contacts and also know some good vets who give discounts for fosters/strays. It sounds like your vet is being wonderful!!!

I LOVE the name Pandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amoore
03-16-2004, 10:51 AM
She does have a forever home. She is pretty happy! She barked at a noise last night! The first time I have heard her bark! I think she has decided to look after her home. :) I ran to see if she was hurt and she wagged her tail and looked proud of herself.:)

amoore
03-16-2004, 10:59 AM
I live west of Abilene. I only worry now that someone that left her in such bad shape could come and see she has had her bad trouble taken care of and want to take her from me.:( The Vet assures me they didn't want her or they would not have done her that way. I am a worrier.:(

tatsxxx11
03-16-2004, 06:26 PM
OMG!!! Bless you beautiful Pandy girl!:) You really ARE home! I can't say it better than Gini! What a love story:) I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well, precious Pandy! I cannot wait to see her pics!:) Hugs to you, brave, beautiful Pandy!

Logan
03-16-2004, 07:21 PM
I live in between Abilene and sweetwater. I only worry now that someone that left her in such bad shape could come and see she has had her bad trouble taken care of and want to take her from me.:( The Vet assures me they didn't want her or they would not have done her that way. I am a worrier.:(

I don't blame you for worrying at all, Ann. Any chance your vet would continue the "good" deals and microchip her for you? Just in case......

She sounds darling. I can't wait to see her pictures. :)

micki76
03-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Ann, I left work without hearing from you about her tests. Any word yet?

amoore
03-16-2004, 07:56 PM
Micki- Pandy checked out fine.:)

We just got home from Wal-mart and the first roll of Pandy pictures is developed and on a CD. I will try to get a few on here later tonight. First into the computer, then pictureit, then photobucket, then copy one at a time and into PT. Whew!

lute
03-16-2004, 07:58 PM
she is such a lucky dog. i can't even imagin what she's been through,she's been through so much with you in just a few short days! i cant wait to see pics!

micki76
03-16-2004, 08:00 PM
YAY for Pandy!!! Excellent news!!!

Can't wait for pictures! I'm going to bed early since Abby's back at home. I hope you get at least one on here for me before 10:00.

Pleeeeeeeeaaaassssseee! :D :p

amoore
03-16-2004, 09:27 PM
http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/2pandy_day_2.jpg

This is the second day, she was dirty and and sick. She broke my heart looking at me this way.

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/3_Pandy_day_2.jpg

:(http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/Pandy_day2.jpg

trayi52
03-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Ann, she is so beautiful, dirt and all. I am so glad she found you and Andy.

I bet she looked different after she got some good food in her, and she had a nice bath.

Willie

amoore
03-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Here is Pandy shaking off after her bath.:)

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/Pandy_day_4_after_bath.jpg

micki76
03-16-2004, 09:44 PM
OMG!! She's so cute! :D :D :D :D :D

I can't see the pic in our 2nd post, though.

Lissa
03-16-2004, 09:50 PM
I want to give her a big ol' kiss on that adorable face of hers. What a sweetheart! She has that I want some love look on her face, though I'm sure you've taken care of that by now! Love that little black spot over one eye, how cute!:D

amoore
03-16-2004, 09:50 PM
This is after her bath also. On day 4.

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/2_Pandy_day_4_after_bath.jpg

amoore
03-16-2004, 10:22 PM
http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/3Pandy_day_4_after_bath.jpg

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/4_Pandy_day_4_ab.jpg

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/5Pandyday_4_ab.jpg

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/6_Pandy_day4_ab.jpg

She is still wet, and she don't sit atill for photos very good. :) I think she looks so pretty!
Any guesses to what breed she is?

Lissa
03-16-2004, 10:26 PM
A beautiful American Mutt? :D I'm horrible at guessing breeds, but she is seriously beautiful! I have to say it again, I want to kiss that cute little face!:D

amoore
03-16-2004, 10:38 PM
http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/7Pandy_day_4ab.jpg

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/5Pandyday_4_ab.jpg

That is all for now. She has gained 5 pounds since the photos on saturday. and that tail is up now after getting rid of that tumor. I will take more pictures soon. ( I bought more film tonight.) Her pretty brown eyes did not show up as light of brown as they are. She looks so much better than any of these pictures now.

She did not want me to leave her to go to town. I have not left the house since she has been here so she did not think I should leave.:)

Logan
03-16-2004, 10:46 PM
I'm glad I stayed up late tonight, because seeing Pandy mad it worth it!!!! :D Ann, she is lovely!!!! :) And I know that each day with you will make her more beautiful. I have no idea "what" breed she is, but I truly feel that it doesn't matter at all!!!!! What a blessing you and your husband are for this precious girl!!!!! :)

amoore
03-16-2004, 10:49 PM
As you can tell I'm not very good at picture posting and my camera is not good at getting the correct colors.

I thank you and Pandy thanks you all for you nice words and all your support.

I will take more pictures tomorrow, now that I have more film. Pandy's coat is really fluffy and silky. These pictures were all taken while it was kinda damp.:)

I think she is all american sweetheart breed.:D

trayi52
03-16-2004, 10:59 PM
I think she is so beautiful! She is an all American Sweetheart breed! She is going to be so spoiled!

I really love that spot on her behind, it looks like a heart or some special undies.;)

I thought your pictures look great, by the way.

Willie

amoore
03-16-2004, 11:22 PM
Thankyou, Willie. She is what some would call humble and loving. Her eyes are a brown that shows up better than they show in these photos.

She wanted to go to town with us. A little girl that did not want to stay home without mommy.:)

She crawled into my lap today, couldn't get all her body into my lap, just her head and shoulders. She was so cute! :D She just groaned while I was petting and hugging her.

I was so happy her test came back good! I told her about it but she was rubbing her head against me and groaning. I don't think she heard me. :D

jazzcat
03-16-2004, 11:31 PM
She's beautiful and I'm so glad the tests came back good!

Could she have a little Border Collie in her?
Whatever, she is just plain adorable!!!!:)

trayi52
03-16-2004, 11:41 PM
Hey if you get tired of her, send her to me!!;) I know, I know fat chance of that. I guess I will have to just settle for pictures.

You realize you are going to have to change your Sig????
LOL. Make room for Pandy.......

Willie

binka_nugget
03-16-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Could she have a little Border Collie in her?

I see a little border collie as well. She's just STUNNING! Bless your heart for taking in this girl. I'm glad things are going good. Give her a kiss for me would you?

amoore
03-16-2004, 11:45 PM
I don't know yet. I think Andy misunderstood what breed the guy that has one just like Pandy said. English something. So he is going back and asking again tomorrow.

She is sweet, whatever she is. She can't get enough loving.:D She makes it hard for me to leave her to go to town or anywhere. :) I think she is trying to make up for lost time.

Thank you, jazzcat I think she is adorable too.:)

amoore
03-17-2004, 01:29 AM
Yes Willie, you have some work on your hands .... you have got to make me a new sig! lol! You have got to put Pandy in there now!

Pandy will be waiting for a good hug and kiss from her aunt.:D

Thank you Binka, I will be happy to hug and kiss her for you.

Whatever breed she could be, she is very needy (to be loved)! It is a puzzle to me that anyone could throw her away over money. She still follows me all over the yard and wants to be petted as much as she can get! :D

gini
03-17-2004, 02:05 AM
I had a visit from my niece this evening, so I am late getting to this thread to see Pandy.

Ann, she is just beautiful. It breaks your heart that she is so needy - it is almost as though she wants to make up for all of the lost time of devotion that she missed.

Please wrap your arms around her for me and tell her how beautiful she is - and safe, secure and guaranteed as much loving as she can handle. That is, if she doesn't wear you out.

It sounds as though she just wants to be constantly reassured.

Bless her heart..........I hope you are ready for the constant devotion she is going to show you both.

Now you and Andy need to brush off your wings once in a while you know! Two Texas Angels!

delidog
03-17-2004, 06:22 AM
What a Wonderful thing you have done saving Sweet Pandy!!!!
a GREAT thing for you & her both!!!!

She is Gorgeous...I agree...her breed is probably American Sweetheart!!!!

Thank You for doing the right Thing!!!!!
Despite what her last owners did!!!!!
Cannot wait for more Pics!!!!

Hugs and Treats for that Special Girl!!!

lbaker
03-17-2004, 08:06 AM
Part English Setter part Border Collie and 100% American Sweetheart and living with two Texas Angels.... something IS right in this world :D

ramanth
03-17-2004, 08:15 AM
She's beautiful!!! I love that spot around her right eye. :D

Glad her tests came back fine and that she's getting better. Has she met Tiny yet?

amoore
03-17-2004, 08:26 AM
Thank you all sooo much. I am so happy I have all of you in my life.

I feel lucky that she came here. I was not looking to own another dog. But now I know she is what we needed.

She has a breast gone and 29 staples also the drain tube. She still feels better than she did! She was not following today! She was leading with her tail up and wagging!:)

Tiny is still afraid of her and freaks out if Pandy comes near her. I hope she gets better about that. Pandy would not hurt her, But Tiny is frightened by her large size.

Jojo doesn't seem to fear her at all. I think they like each other.:)

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Pandy is beautiful!! I am glad that she is doing well after surgery and that her tests came back with good news!

Hugs to your sweet fluffy Pandy!

ChrisH
03-17-2004, 09:51 AM
Oh, she is just so beautiful and totally adorable!! :) :)

So glad to hear her tests turned out fine and how she is feeling so much better, and so at home there with you!!:)

Hugs and kisses to sweet Pandy:)

Chris

p.s. could it be that the breed Andy heard the guy say be English Shepherd? (despite the name a totally American breed!) The only thing is that they don't usually have so much white in their coat. My own first thought was a Brittany Spaniel but the U.S. and Canada don't accept a white an black coat (there are some pics of the brown and white here (http://www.americanbrittanyrescue.org/midwest/midwest.html), (check out Snack and Sam especially.)

amoore
03-17-2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the link, I went there and saw some that resemble Pandy.

Andy is going back to see the guy today and have him tell him again what breed his dog is.

I think she is the biggest dog I have had in years! The last large one was a dobe male dog.

Thanks again everyone.

Corinna
03-17-2004, 10:36 AM
I agree she looks like border collie/english setter. 100% sweetie.

CathyBogart
03-17-2004, 10:46 AM
That is one BEAUTIFUL doggie! She look so much better already, it's absolutely amazing! She landed in the right place.

I guess you'll need a new sig pic soon! ;)

amoore
03-17-2004, 11:03 AM
Thank you, I wish you all could meet her! You would see how loving she is. :D

Yes I have got to get her on my siggy! :) It was a week ago today I first saw her! I was sitting at my computer and saw something white walk by the window and I jumped up and ran out and saw her. A lot has happened in a week, for Pandy and us.:)

Tina
03-17-2004, 11:27 AM
She is so pretty!! She is so lucky that she found you:)

I'm glad to hear that her test came back ok.

wolfie
03-17-2004, 01:23 PM
She's so beautiful! It's wonderful that you found her and were able to help her. :)

Cincy'sMom
03-17-2004, 03:43 PM
What a beauty!!! You guys are so awesome for helping her!!!

RobiLee
03-17-2004, 05:40 PM
What a wonderful and loving story. I'm so happy for you and Pandy. She is a real cutie! What a great person you are for taking her in and saving her. I too think she looks like she has some border collie in her, but I really like the name American Sweetheart the best. She is adorable! Give her a hug from me, please!

Robin :)

lbaker
03-17-2004, 06:08 PM
She is definately getting hugs from some of the best PetPeople in the Universe. This is a GOOD thing that's happening, from all of us, THANK YOU DEAR ONE.

QueenScoopalot
03-17-2004, 06:23 PM
I just found this thread too! What a very lucky girl Pandy is!! She fell into the right home that's for sure ;) She looks very much like a border collie to me. I had one for many years that was rescued next to a busy commuter line (train tracks) with 6 newborn female pups! I had the old gal and the runt of the litter for many years before she went to the Bridge. Highly intelligent breed! Kisses to gorgeous little Pandy from my gang and me! :)

sabies
03-17-2004, 07:36 PM
She is beautiful and looks so sweet. I'm so glad she found you.

mugsy
03-17-2004, 08:23 PM
I just saw this thread also. She is beautiful. She looks like she could be full Border Collie. Does she have a tail? I'm so glad she found you instead of someone who would have put her down. I truly do believe that everything happens for a reason. You guys are lucky she found you.

Thank you for saving her life. She will reward you a thousand times over. You guys are added to my list of heroes!

I'm so happy her tests came back negative and all will be well.

amoore
03-17-2004, 09:37 PM
She had a busy day. Pandy watched me trim bushes and led me to the brush pile to dump the clippings, wagging her tail all the way!:D She kept rushing me to get the wheelbarrow full She was making sounds like she was talking. :D She wanted to get those clippings to the brush pile.

She has not even bothered the wild bunny that comes in the yard! I am amazed by that! Happy about it, also.

She got a bee sting above one of her eyes, poor baby. :(

I like it that she could be Border Collie. She is getting prettier every day.

She is still eating like she can't get enough. She is looking good where the surgery was done. I changed her bedding tonight and she went in and went to sleep. :)

I will give her hugs from all of you and she would give you all snuggles if she could.

anna_66
03-18-2004, 08:17 AM
All this in as little as a week...PHEW!

It really sounds like she's doing well with you and the rest of the family:D She's beautiful!

Give Pandy some lovin' from me too!

gini
03-18-2004, 08:22 AM
Ann, I don't think any of us can get enough of Pandy stories.

I just love reading about what her day was like with you. Doesn't it break your heart when they eat like there will never be another meal?

It must warm your heart so to see her so happy - I know that it does ours.

catmandu
03-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Ann , your Friends at the Found Cat Hotel , also thank You , for saving Pandy , from the Cruel People that were probably some form of Puppy Mill scum , and discarded Pandy , when something went wrong , with her Pups.Gos Bless You ,,and may the Lord give Pandy , the Health , that she deserves!

amoore
03-18-2004, 10:32 AM
http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/1.jpg

Here is the Bunny that lives in the yard. Pandy has not even bothered it yet! Is that great or what?

She chased some hunting dogs off this morning out of the yard. Maybe she was protecting her bunny and cats? LOL!

Thank you all. I will give her a hug for you all.:)

Thank you Gary, You helped me out a lot about getting the vet to give her a discount price for her surgery. Thank you from Pandy.

gini
03-18-2004, 10:54 AM
Oh, how dear is that?

amoore
03-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Every day she amazes me! She is so perfect! If this is a dream don't wake me up! She is a great doggy!

Thank you gini . Pandy and I both thank you.

luckies4me
03-18-2004, 12:41 PM
She looks more Aussie to me than Border Bollie, but she is a beautiful dog! :D

amoore
03-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Cass, I thought that too when I first saw her. She is beautiful whatever she is. I will be glad when she gets completely well. Her stomach with all those staples looks sore. :( Poor baby.

mugsy
03-19-2004, 07:38 PM
Anymore updates on Pandy??? I got really hooked!

gini
03-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Me too, your stories about Pandy are much better than the stories they are telling over at Thursdays;)

amoore
03-19-2004, 10:24 PM
I have been trying to get my e-mail stuff done. I changed computers and e-mail address, and it has been hard!

Pandy got her drain tube taken out today. She is so frisky today and running around looking great! She is truly feeling a lot better! She did not want me to work on getting this computer going, she wanted me to take her for her walk!

She is looking so much better! She is a talker to she sounds like she is trying to talk with a human voice! Such a funny Pandy!:D

She has to go in the middle of this week and get the staples taken out and get her shots. (We don't know if she has ever had any). I will see when he thinks he can do her spaying then. I can't wait to get that done!

Thanks again, everyone! Pandy is just getting sweeter.:)

amoore
03-20-2004, 09:33 PM
I have new pictures that I am going to post tomorrow of Pandy! I still have to resize them.

I can't wait for you to see her after she has gained some weight back and is feeling better!:)

dukedogsmom
03-20-2004, 09:36 PM
I just now saw the first pics. She's so cute. How someone could just abandon her is beyond me. Will look forward to the new pics.

micki76
03-20-2004, 09:39 PM
O/T, but I loveyour signature, Val! :D

dukedogsmom
03-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Thanks! I just made it tonight. I found this pic from one I made in January and knew it would be a great sig.

trayi52
03-20-2004, 09:49 PM
Ann, I can't wait to see the new pictures of her! Hurry and resize and get those pictures up.

Val, I love your new sig! It is beautiful! I love the pawprints and the color!!

Willie

micki76
03-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I love the pawprints and the color!!

I know, it looks like tile. Ooooo. Wouldn't that be cool tile, like for the bathroom or laundry room around the utility sink? :D :D :D

Hubby says... No.

luckies4me
03-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by micki76
O/T, but I loveyour signature, Val! :D

I just thought the same exact thing! :D It's sooo cute! :D

I can't wait to see the pics Ann! :)

micki76
03-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Yes, Ann. We want some more pics. :) Soon!

gini
03-21-2004, 12:20 AM
Well, Ann, did you get the message loud and clear that we can all hardly wait to see the latest pictures of Pandy?

This is such a lovely story - even without pictures - please just keep the details (even small ones) coming.

I think that there has been enough sadness on Pet Talk and to hear of Pandy's shrewd selection of a new home - and how she was accepted - loved - taken in for veterinary care - is just exactly what we all need to hear.

Thanks Ann, for taking Pandy in, loving her and sharing her with all of us.

amoore
03-21-2004, 12:18 PM
http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/pandy1.jpg

This is the picture of her after surjery. Not a pretty picture. Poor baby.

amoore
03-21-2004, 12:25 PM
these are pictures we took yesterday of Pandy.

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/pandy21.jpg

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/pandy22.jpg

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/pandy17.jpg

Cincy'sMom
03-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Awww!! Her belly looks so painful! I'm sure she will feel bterr soon though, now that she igetting theloving care she deserves! She's beautiful :)

amoore
03-21-2004, 01:00 PM
http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/pandy_15.jpg

This shows her pretty brown eyes and of course her dirty nose.:p
She buries her food that she doesn't eat to hide it from other creatures.:) Funny Pandy!:D

countrycowgirl
03-21-2004, 01:07 PM
Pandy is the cutest little dog!!!! :D I am so glad that she is doing better!!:D :D She looks G-R-E-A-T:D !!!!

gini
03-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Just look at those beautiful eyes - and that cute nose is one I could easily kiss - dirt and all!

amoore
03-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Thank you all! Pandy is even sweeter than she looks! I hope you can stand more pictures.

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/pandy11.jpg

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/pandy19.jpg

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/pandy9.jpg

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/pandy10.jpg

luckies4me
03-21-2004, 01:40 PM
Aww, she is so cute! :D I love her!

amoore
03-21-2004, 01:48 PM
All these compliments are appreciated! You make us feel great!:D

gini
03-21-2004, 01:54 PM
She looks so soft and don't you love the marking on her bum?

trayi52
03-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Ann, she is so beautiful! I love that little dirty nose and would kiss it dirt and all. Her poor little tummy does look painful. You will have to e-mail some of her photos to me.

She is right at Andy's feet! She must love her daddy. The more pictures the better!

Willie:D

mugsy
03-21-2004, 03:56 PM
She is absolutely adorable. She's smaller than I thought she was. And, you know I can NEVER get enough of pictures.

The_Duck
03-21-2004, 04:23 PM
I read part of this last night, but didn't have a chance to reply before mom said it was bed time. I think its great what you guys have done for her and you KNOW that nobody's gonna object to more pictures. We'll take them by the role. She's a beautiful and you both are very lucky to have found each other. My best wishes to you all.

~Danyel

QueenScoopalot
03-21-2004, 04:43 PM
Never enough pictures of Pandy!!!:D :D :D She is the prettiest girl, and very lucky too. She reminds me so much of my border collie who went to RB many years ago. Pandy has the same expression my girl had....pure intelligence all the way! Does she herd any of the others yet? I used to adopt guinea pigs & small critters for Genaro (long story...I didn't name her that) and she took such delight in watching over them! I called them her T.V and when I let them out to excersize my old gal used to carefully guard them against the other dogs and cats. Boy I miss her. She knew the difference between a ball, a stick & a frisbee and never tired of playing. :)

dukedogsmom
03-21-2004, 05:00 PM
She looks like such a sweet soul. I'm so glad that you're taking such good care of her. Her stomach does look very painful. I hope she gets well soon. She seems to have a great attitude about life, though. What a great dog!

RobiLee
03-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Pandy is adorable and I am in love with her! Gosh, I'm so glad she found you or you found her. She is one lucky little girl. There is no way I could have turned that sweet face away. I think I'm a little jealous that she didn't come to my house..hehe

Robin :)

mahayana
03-21-2004, 05:40 PM
Hmmmm...where to start? I guess, thanks for all the support. It has been an amazing eleven days since Pandy arrived here and Ann took pity on a starving stray.

The first time I saw Pandy, she was laying under an old bench in the carport, and Ann pointed out what looked like part of her intestines hanging out of her abdomen. We thought she might have been attacked by coyotes, and were really surprised to learn what an out-of-control abscessing breast tumor is, from the vet. It was rotting and draining, and the vet assured us that it would not dry up or go away. It had just outgrown the blood supply, and would lead to blood poisoning shortly, that would kill her.

You've heard most of the rest of the story; the staples will come out this week. We never really considered letting her die. Some animals are far too connected (I don't know if that is the right word?) with humans to not be saved. I know we had an emotional connection with Pandy in her sad hurt state, almost immediately. And it grows.

One thing I wanted to say is about her breed. She does look very much like a Border Collie, with a few exceptions. Maybe someone could clarify these anomolies for me?

When she is alert, her ears stand up. Unless they have been docked, these are not BC ears.

Her tail is up and curled when she runs. Is this a BC characteristic?

Finally, the texture of her coat is unusual in my experience. You can see how fine it is some of the pictures. It is very soft and silky, something I am not familiar with except in certain toy breeds. Are there other medium-sized dogs with this trait?

Just wondering. Again, thanks everyone.

QueenScoopalot
03-21-2004, 06:31 PM
In answer to your questions, many border collies have erect ears, and there's two coat types, medium & very soft, and short coated. I did a quick search and there's 1000's of sites for BCs! here's 2 that have good comparison pictures. http://www.bcrescuetexas.org/adoption.html If you scroll down there's a similar marked dog to Pandy named Baxter, and below that is Drew who as you'll see has VERY erect ears, and that alert look. Also there's a lot of pics here...http://www.cbcr.org/about_bcs.html Check out success stories, and breed characteristics. With borders it varies widely! Kisses to Pandy from my herd (and me) :)

K9soul
03-22-2004, 10:30 AM
Oh she's so beautiful. This is a rescue story to touch even the hardest of hearts. I just love seeing pictures of her, and hearing all about her.

To me, she looks like she could be a border collie/aussie mix, but BCs, in my experience, can look very different from dog to dog. Whatever breed or breeds she is though, she is a total sweetheart, and I still think she will be a total blessing to you, as you have been to her. I think you were meant to come together :)

Linda York
03-22-2004, 10:38 AM
:D :D What a happy, beautiful story. I have followed this and just had to post. You and Andy are truly angels. This little girl was sent to you. She needed you, and you her. You can see the gratitude and love in her face. She is beatuiful. And already seems devoted to you both. The upside of the very ugly people that are in this world (the ones that dumped her) are the people like you and Andy. You are heros. You are definatly her hero, just look at the way she looks at you. Yours is truly a great story with a beautiful happy ending. Thank you for sharing. Your story put a smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart. :D
Way to go Pandi in finding your forever home!!
Way to go amoore (and family) for opening your hearts and being heros to this beautiful little girl.
:) Bless your happy family.

jazzcat
03-22-2004, 11:21 AM

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/pandy21.jpg

In this picture she looks like a she has little husky in her with that broad nose and head shape. Also the picture with her tail curled up makes me think that. She looks primarily border collie though.

I'm glad she is doing so well. Love seeing the pictures of her. She looks so happy and appreciative of everything you are doing for her.

Christiansmommy
03-22-2004, 12:04 PM
Yeah, maybe border collie/ husky? I agree, her face looks kinda husky like, and her body shape...and the fact that she is fluffy. We may not know the breed, but we do know she is one lucky pup to have walked into your yard that day...glad it all worked out so well...she is adorable! ANd just seems soooo happy :)

Great story!!

Robyn

amoore
03-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Thankyou all so much! She has been a blessing to us. We did not even know we needed This sweet loving little Panda bear till she came to us. She is so devoted and loving! I have been amazed by her, in so many ways!

She took to the name Pandy like it was meant for her ! She likes me to hug her and call her my panda bear! :D

She acts like she feels great! Walks around happy like. But I still worry about her.

mahayana
03-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Part of the worry is the way the surgery is healing. I just looked at the "awful" picture again, and it looks much better comparatively. Pandy lost her left rear teat, and the vet kind of stretched the skin over to suture there. Now the stretched place is swollen and hot, and the right rear teat is swelling like it has milk in it. I really thought of taking her in to the vet this morning, may do it tomorrow if things don't look better. But Pandy seems happy, I guess this discomfort is nothing compared to the tumor.

Anyway, the happy ending is not far off! I hope...

QueenScoopalot
03-23-2004, 05:59 AM
Redness and swelling (and the hotness you describe) is indicative of an infection! I hope the vet who did the initial surgery prescribed antibiotics as a precaution. It sure sounds to me as though Pandy may need to be looked at. Hope that she's healing well. Kisses to the pretty girl. Jan

mahayana
03-23-2004, 06:22 AM
No redness, or any external signs of infection. The stapled places look fine. Not to second-guess the vet, but maybe the drain should have stayed in longer? I will cut work and take her in this morning. Abdominal surgery may just heal this way, but maybe different medicine or additional procedure to drain the site are needed. We'll let you know what we find out.

mahayana
03-23-2004, 05:56 PM
The vet put Pandy on Clavamox, and wants to wait till next week to take out the staples. Pandy has gained 5 pounds since last visit. She is 34 pounds now. The vet took her temperature ( it is normal) and explained that the swelling was just fluid which she should reabsorb. He also said that the abdominal cavity was a place that had favorable conditions for infection, so we got some new medicine. Thinking about it, I don't recall him saying he thought there was any infection...oh, well.

QueenScoopalot
03-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Way to go Pandy! Glad she's filling out and enjoying the good life. Also it never hurts (in most cases) to give her a round of antibiotics especially after such major surgery. I am rather suprised she wasn't sent home with some after her ordeal. :confused: :eek: :confused:

amoore
03-23-2004, 08:05 PM
I was surprised about that too. Poor baby she was in such a bad mess! I do not know how she lived with such a terrible tumor!

I think she will be ok as long as she is watched closely.

trayi52
03-23-2004, 08:24 PM
Yeah and I know how you are Ann, you won't take your eyes off of her!

I know you will take good care of her, so I'm not worried about Pandy at all. She is in the best of hands now. Yours and Andys!

Love to you sis,
Willie:)

mugsy
03-23-2004, 08:24 PM
She will be in my prayers. She is a survivor!

amoore
03-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Thankyou Tray and Mugsy. She makes sure one of us has our eyes on her. She is so loving and beautiful!

Nomilynn
03-24-2004, 01:21 AM
Wow I just came across this story and post - how wonderful for Pandy and for your family to find such a sweet girl! This is a very heartwarming story :) Great job!!! :D

ChrisH
03-24-2004, 06:06 AM
Just been catching up with the news and latest pictures of Pandy. The sweet, beautiful girl has surely captured my heart, and I think all other Pet Talker's too! :) Thanks for keeping us up to date. :)
Keeping her and you in my prayers.

Chris

mugsy
03-25-2004, 11:36 AM
How is our sweet Pandy girl doing today? I hope the antibiotics are helping.

Cataholic
03-25-2004, 12:17 PM
I just came across this thread. WHAT A WONDERFUL STORY!
I fell in love with Pandy, right along with you guys. I am hoping her days of healing are finishing up, and she can get to 100% doggie living. Thanks for being her Angels.

amoore
03-25-2004, 12:18 PM
Thank you, Mugsy. Pandy looks great! The swelling has gone down and she is running around with that big fluffy tail wagging!

Today the turkeys come through the back yard and she did not even bother them! She just watched them. I'm so glad that she didn't chase them!

She is still groaning like she can't get enough petting when we pet her.:D She just turns to butter in my lap.:D

gini
03-25-2004, 12:51 PM
Ann, when you describe how she groans when you pet her - it really gets to me.

It is like she cannot believe her good fortune and groans out loud
in gratitude!

Could you give her a hug and kiss from me today?

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-25-2004, 12:54 PM
What a wonderful story!! I can't believe the transformation from the first photos to the more recent ones.

Bless you for giving Pandy a wonderful home.

amoore
03-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Gini, I would be happy to hug her for you! I think she is in need of love that she did not get before she got here. I will never understand how they could resist her sweet personality! I am so sorry she had to live so long uncared for like that!

I am glad she got here to us. And thank you, Allycats mom. We are so happy she made it here to us, too. She does things every day to show what a sweetheart she is. She has also made me take more walks so I think she could be healthy for me, too.( Besides putting a smile on my face)

I can't thank all of you enough for the kindness and support you have all shown. It means so much to Pandy and us, that you have been here for us. :)

mugsy
03-25-2004, 05:16 PM
Give her a hug for us too!!! I probably missed it, but, did the vet give you any idea of about how old she is? Oh, and I am requesting more pictures please.

mahayana
03-25-2004, 06:38 PM
Part of the Pandy mystery is her age. We really don't know, but her teeth are good, so we assume she is pretty young. Her black patches don't have any gray in them...Ann thinks she has had puppies already, so at least 2 years old? Our vet is a master of ambiguous, yet hopeful, statements. Like a polititian? He wouldn't guess at her breed, wouldn't say yes or no if she is already spayed.

We have to assume she hasn't had her shots, so we will spring for the whole series of shots and tests, when our budget recovers a bit. The last owners didn't leave any collar with a rabies tag, and that is important out in the country where skunks and coyotes are carriers. And everyone needs the heartworm test and pills. Stool sample for other worms? Pandy is going to have to play some catchup, to fit in with the medical regimen!;)

We don't have another roll of pictures ready yet, and guess the digital camera will have to wait a few weeks, too. There are some minor things like the electric bill and the car payment, hah! But speaking of cameras, has anyone taken pictures with a webcam? Someone was telling Ann about a $29 one at Walmart that uses two AA batteries and he claimed it made decent pictures outside...could this be true? We were looking at a Kodak with zoom for $149 at OfficeMax.

Not sure we will be happy with a cheap camera; I use an ancient manually adjustable CanonAE 35mm (bought for a photography class) that takes excellent closeups, and Ann's 38-85 Canon SureShot zoom is also excellent (I think) judging by the results she gets. Strong sense of composition! ( if I am bragging, forgive me).

What digital camera do you like?

mugsy
03-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by mahayana
; I use an ancient manually adjustable CanonAE 35mm (bought for a photography class)

I've got you beat....I own an AV1...so old most people have never heard of it!! lol

Look at the plaque build up and the wear and you can sometimes make a guess. As far as pups, females can have their first heat as young as 6 months, so she may not even be a year old!!

Thanks for the update. She's still in my thoughts and prayers!

mahayana
03-25-2004, 06:59 PM
Ann got a little scare today. A man who lives about 14 miles away inquired at the Vet's about his lost Border Collie, and called here. It is black and white...and brown! And a male!(whew!)

What is the proper etiquette in this situation? I bet someone would "claim" her if we circulated pictures...what is our responsibility to her former owners, at this point? Sounds like the people at the Vet's did not supply this man with a lot of details.

micki76
03-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by mahayana
What is the proper etiquette in this situation? I bet someone would "claim" her if we circulated pictures...what is our responsibility to her former owners, at this point?

Forget etiquette, Andy. Whoever had her before y'all left her with a huge, oozing, tumor that would have taken her life. They don't deserve her, or the chance to claim her! :mad:

She stays right where she is!

QueenScoopalot
03-25-2004, 08:10 PM
When I find pets I think owners may be looking for (very few to date) I never post all the details in the paper, and would also never post a picture. I usually write a basic description of the animal (leaving out the sex even) and write "rightful owner I.D other details". This way I know if it's genuinely the owner of the pet, it's going home, and not to a pitbull arena or lab. Better safe than sorry doing it this way. Pandy is rightfully yours IMO! You saved her life when she wandered tired, hungry, and neglected into your lives! Keep her! If any owner came forward at this point I'd fight tooth and nail to assure she never went back to that home. Mammary tumors are often caused by repeated heat cycles & also being bred. My hunch is she isn't spayed...another black mark against the previous owners.

trayi52
03-25-2004, 08:18 PM
Yeap, I agree you are the rightful owners. If you hadn't stepped in when you did, she would probably be dead by now. So to heck with the other owner. She belongs to you two, end of story!

Willie

mugsy
03-26-2004, 08:51 PM
I would do the dead minimum to avoid guilt! Call the local shelter and put in a found report and put an ad in the paper for 2 days that says, found dog, wandered into yard, please call......

How are the antibiotics working?? I'll bet she's feeling better and better everyday.

Oh yeah, I would charge the owners, if they show up, for the surgery (before they take her) and that will probably solve the problem right there.

dukedogsmom
03-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Don't let her leave you! You're the best thing that could have happened to her. I would post a vague ad and maybe call the shelter like mugsy said, if you feel you need to. However, if it were me, I wouldn't do a thing. She belongs with you. It's obvious she's happy. Too sweet a dog to go anywhere else.

amoore
03-26-2004, 09:31 PM
I hope they don't have the nerve to even claim her after the condition we saw her in! She was so pitiful! I still feel like crying over what she had to go through!

She is so happy now! Her bushy beautiful tail up and wagging as she walks a little ahead of us...

I can't even think about her going back to whoever it was that treated her that way!

:(

trayi52
03-26-2004, 09:47 PM
I have to agree with Val, those people don't deserve her. I would say the would owe you an arm and a leg for what you and Andy have done to that sweet little Pandy!

Hmmmm, I would say with the surgery and the heartache and worry, I would say about 2000 dollars might, and I did say might cover it! Do they really want to spend that much to get her back??? I would think not if they left her go like that in the first place! Talk about not caring, she was nothing but skin and bones when you got her and so very unhappy looking. Now with every picture I see, those eyes just get happier and happier.

Willie

amoore
03-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Thank you Willie, I am a worrier ..you know how I am. That phone call was way too scary for me!:eek:

:(

lbaker
03-27-2004, 03:29 AM
Not to worry Ann, you have plenty of backup if needed.. but I'm sure it won't be. You are she and she is you and you are all together. Let no man (or woman) put asunder what is right. End of story. She reminds me so much of my little Cheeky One that went to the bridge in December I feel like she has come back to share some of her love with you. Enjoy every moment with her. She is beautiful and happy - so are you, how can that be wrong? It can't.
Laurie

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-02-2004, 01:48 PM
Ok, so I'm a little slow when it comes to the dog side, but at least I finally saw this thread and think you and Andy are absolutely WONDERFUL for taking Pandy in and getting her all fixed up! I can't believe how much better she looks in the second set of pics! It's almost like she's a different dog! And not just how she looks, but her stance and her demeanor and everything. She seems happy and self-assured now rather than scared and in pain - poor baby.

She is just beautiful, in body and in spirit, and I'm so happy she found her way to your yard. :)

mahayana
04-02-2004, 07:39 PM
"She reminds me so much of my little Cheeky One that went to the bridge in December I feel like she has come back to share some of her love with you. Enjoy every moment with her. She is beautiful and happy - so are you, how can that be wrong? It can't."

Ahaaaa...reincarnation for good dogs (hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense). So not only is Pandy in better spirits, but maybe better spirits are in Pandy?:D

lbaker
04-03-2004, 06:29 AM
You know something? That makes me finally feel better too :) Give that sweet face a skewchy scritch from her Auntie Laurie please.

amoore
04-04-2004, 02:02 PM
http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v48/amoore/Amoores%20pet%20album/Pandyapril7.jpg

Pandy says thank you Auntie Laurie. :D

I call this picture "Daddy Love." :D

QueenScoopalot
04-04-2004, 02:29 PM
I love the "goth" lipstick she's wearing! It looks so striking with the black along her bottom jaw. :D