PDA

View Full Version : What's your fav fruit?

slleipnir
03-13-2004, 04:02 PM
I love fruit O_O I have a lot of favs..but almong the top would be apples (golden delicious) banannas and grapes..I think. What about you?

popcornbird
03-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Mango (I LOVE mango!!!), cherries, strawberries, nectrines, apricots, peaches, plums, grapes................etc.

Truffles
03-13-2004, 04:08 PM
hmmmmmm favorite fruit aye?????well i'd have to say strawberries i love strawberries.

i can't stand cherries they taste like cough medciene :p

marylyn

Karen
03-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Love berries - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cherries, apples, pears, grapefruit and oranges ... okay, pretty much all fruit - inluding pomegranate!

jenluckenbach
03-13-2004, 04:41 PM
red grapes, bananas, peaches and plums when properly ripe, pears overly ripe, WATERMELON, died pineapple (can eat this like candy)........and others

Moose
03-13-2004, 04:56 PM
Mmm...watermelon. --drools--

Kfamr
03-13-2004, 05:13 PM
I love it all..
I really can't pick a favorite.

Amber
03-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Kiwi
Strawberries
Grapes

wolfie
03-13-2004, 08:54 PM
I love mangos too popcornbird! I also like most other fruits.

RICHARD
03-14-2004, 01:53 AM
tomatos!

BitsyNaceyDog
03-14-2004, 08:21 AM
My favorites are bluebarries, raspberries, oranges, grapefruit, strawberries, bananas, apples, peaches, oh I love so many!!

I don't like mango or pomegranate, but I know a few birds, rats and a monkey who do. :)

catnapper
03-14-2004, 08:23 AM
Watermellon rules!

Then Pineapple.... only fresh, none of that canned stuff (blechhh)

Cataholic
03-14-2004, 09:31 AM
I love all fruit, and have suffered the stomach pains many times over since I have no will power.

Funny, though, while I love pineapple, I prefer the canned over fresh. The fresh makes my mouth break out...:eek: :eek:

bluekat
03-14-2004, 09:44 AM
I like a lot of different kinds...like strawberries, cherries, peaches, watermelon, grapes....and some others:p:D

Rachel
03-14-2004, 09:55 AM
I don't know of a fruit that I don't like, and do eat several servings a day. Right now in the house we have fresh bananas, strawberries, oranges, pears, green grapes, apples and (Yes, Richard, they are a fruit) tomatoes. We also have some canned peaches and frozen blueberries. We always have cranberry juice, grape juice, and orange juice on hand as well. I love smoothies made with fruit, fruit juice, and milk. I can't say I have a favorite, but I do appreciate those which I don't get very often, such as raspberries or blackberries.

BitsyNaceyDog
03-14-2004, 10:21 AM
oh, I forgot... I don't like watermelon.

amoore
03-14-2004, 10:32 AM
I love all fruit...so it would be hard for me to say which one fruit I love the best.:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-14-2004, 02:18 PM
I LOVE Cherries! They are only in season for a very short time here, so I eat them until I am sick of them!!

popcornbird
03-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic

Funny, though, while I love pineapple, I prefer the canned over fresh. The fresh makes my mouth break out...:eek: :eek:

Me too! I *love* canned pineapple, and dried pineapple.........can't get enough of it, but the fresh, too, makes my mouth break out. I like it, but my mouth feels wierd after eating it, so I stick with canned and dried.

guster girl
03-14-2004, 03:27 PM
I love fruit.....it's so hard to pick favorites. Let's see......fuji apples, bananas, cantaloupe, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, peaches, plums, pears, oranges (navel and mandarin), cherries, blackberries, pomegranate, avocados.....Fruits are my favorite! :)

Pam
03-14-2004, 03:32 PM
It is easier to say which fruit is not my favorite and that would be pineapples. They are just too sweet for me or something. I am just not a big fan of them. I like the common fruits, apples, oranges and bananas and look forward to summer fruit when it is available locally too. There is nothing like a juicy peach or yummy cantaloupe or a JERSEY TOMATO (yes Richard, I do believe tomatoes are considered fruits!) ;) :p

carole
03-14-2004, 07:18 PM
I go ape over bananas, but also enjoy strawberries, watermelon,Rock Melon, pineapples, apples, pears, not so keen on citrus fruits or peaches or nectarines, unless in tin form., and I only like seedless grapes, the green ones we have here.

Logan
03-14-2004, 07:28 PM
I truly love them all (except Coconut, if that's considered a fruit). Probably I love fresh peaches, apples, bananas** , watermelon, oranges and fresh pineapple the best. But I also love grapefruit, grapes, avocado, blueberries, cantalope, and like Rachel, I love tomatoes (especially in the summertime, right off the vine). :)

Good question, EssTer! You have our mouths watering now**(especially love these when they get too ripe to eat, that's when we get Banana Nut Muffins or a loaf or two of the wonderful Banana Bread made with Karen and Soledad's recipes!

Felicia's Mom
03-14-2004, 07:52 PM
My very favorites are:

1. watermelon
2. apples (esp. Granny Smith)
3. all grapes

tutebugs
03-14-2004, 08:08 PM
I like clementines, peaches and pears

auggie
03-15-2004, 06:11 AM
I love all fruit.
Unfortunately my very favorite’s - currants and gooseberries are not available in Texas.
If anyone knows of a place where I can mail order them let me know.

BitsyNaceyDog
03-15-2004, 12:55 PM
fruit
n. pl. fruit or fruits
The ripened ovary or ovaries of a seed-bearing plant, together with accessory parts, containing the seeds and occurring in a wide variety of forms.

veg·e·ta·ble
n.
A plant cultivated for an edible part, such as the root of the beet, the leaf of spinach, or the flower buds of broccoli or cauliflower.

to·ma·to
n. pl. to·ma·toes
A widely cultivated South American plant having edible, fleshy, usually red fruit.

I truly love them all (except Coconut, if that's considered a fruit).
co·co·nut
n.
The fruit of the coconut palm, consisting of a fibrous husk surrounding a large seed.

Looks like by definition both tomatoes and coconuts are fruit. :)

pitbullmommy
03-15-2004, 01:48 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE FRUIT!
I work at a fruit company shipping fruit. I like oranges ( Navels,red navels, HONEYBELLS, temples,and valencias) I like tangerines(honey tangerines ARE THE BEST, sunburst tangeringes are ok too) I also like grapes, apples, pears different berrys also. I dont like any fruit that is fuzzy on the outside like kiwi or peaches. And I am really picky where i get my fruit, I will only buy it from a fruit stand. it is really fresh then. and i will not buy fruit from a grocery store.
I think my number one fav. is HONEYBELLS they are a VERY juicy,sweet fruit it is a mix between a dancy tangerine and a duncan grapefruit.

Tonya
03-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Apples with peanut butter! That's what I always eat before I work out.

jenfer
03-15-2004, 03:02 PM
1. Watermelon
2. Oranges

I will eat the other fruit too, but watermelon & oranges are my absolute favorite. No Durians though, those are yucky!

tikeyas_mom
03-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Raspberries!!!!! WAHOOO

green_chameleon_girl
03-15-2004, 06:06 PM
mmm oranges and banana's!:D