PDA

View Full Version : One month anniversary...

Moose
03-13-2004, 01:26 PM
Well, it's official...Zoey has been a happy member of our family for a month [well, a little over a month...we brought her home on February 7th].

I feel so blessed to have been chosen by her, and none of us could be any happier. Each time I see her, I can't help but smile. I adore the happy wiggle she gets through her whole body when she sees us...the huge smile we are greeted with each morning and every night...and the undying loyalty she has already shown to us. All of which make me feel as if I am the luckiest person in the world.

She's an angel...and I feel that there is no better match for me.

A little more than a month ago, I was lucky enough to be blessed with one amazing Labby-boy...and now I thank God every night for two fantastic pups.

I found this online and it brings tears to my eyes everytime I read it. It's so true...and Zoey fits it perfectly. I love my darling girl.

Love Your Doberman

A Doberman is a sensitive dog, keenly alert to your feelings and wishes. If someone visits you, whom you do not like, watch the dog for he will be watching your visitor. You become a part of him and he becomes a part of you. The only tragic part of owning a Doberman is that part of you that is buried when he dies.

Each Doberman is different, yet each exhibits "Doberman characteristics of mind and disposition." Called "the dog with the human mind", the Doberman will do just about anything but talk, and often a doberman will hold quite a length conversation with you about something which is important to him at the moment. Probably the most distinguishing thing about a Doberman is the speed of reaction.

Where another dog is doing one thing, a doberman will do ten. They learn through watching. They learn through trial and error, and often seem to reason things out. Though deeply loyal, they are clowns who have minds of their own.

Talking about Doberman ownership is a little like trying to explain a family relationship, for a Doberman demands and takes a full place in your life. A Doberman either trains you, or is trained by you, and for most of us, it is a little of both. You can't put a Doberman away, forget about him and take him out when you want to show him off.

A Doberman isn't built that way; he wants to be with you, to help you, torment you, love you and guard you. And, he will work out ways to get what he wants.

A Doberman is an affectionate animal; but his affection is noble. You can't bribe a Doberman with a pat on the head. He doesn't enjoy "just being petted" the way other breeds do. He wants to be close to you, to have your hand on his head, to rest his head on your knee, or to sit on your shoe with his back to you. He won't leave you for a stranger who offers to scratch his ear. Scratching an ear may be nice, but it isn't as nice as resting his rump on your shoe.

Seldom do you find a "licking" Doberman. A single kiss - a touch of the tongue, a touch of his nose to your ear - that is his way of special greeting. To lick (unless you have a wound that needs healing would be too undignified for most Dobermans.

Yet, with his black eyes, short tail and graceful body he can tell you more plainly how special you are than could all the licking and rubbing or petting in the world.

A Doberman is an energetic dog with the firmness of the strong. He will let a baby teethe on his ears and nod with pleasure. He will take his six year old mistress walking to show her off and guide her with the mature judgment that knows it is well to let a six year old have her own way unless it is dangerous.

A Doberman is a sensitive dog, keenly alert to your feelings and wishes. If someone visits you whom you don't like, watch the dog, for he will be watching your visitor.

After he has been with you for a few years, you will find often you don't need to speak a wish.

He will know and respond. You become part of him, and he becomes part of you; and the only tragic part of owning a Doberman is that a part of you is buried with him when he dies.'
--Frank Grover

...taken from: Love Your Doberman (http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/6623/doberman1.htm)

We love you, Zoey.

trayi52
03-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Brooke, everything said is true! You would not believe how my RB Pax was. She would ''deflea my hand'', never let anybody near me that she didn't trust. She wanted to ride in the car with me everywhere I went. My god, how that made me miss her. The most loyal friend I have ever had. She knew when I felt down and depressed, she knew my every feeling. She protected me, and if I didn't put my hand on her she would keep nudging my hand until she got her head under my hand. Oh my god how I miss her.

Did you know she brought a baby pig back to life by licking it until it came too?

Brooke you have a great, and loyal dog. She will be there when you need her, she will train to do what you want her to do. How lucky you are to have her. I just don't think you will ever find a time that you are sorry that she came into your life.

I have so many stories of Pax, all good, some funny!

I say Congratulations on picking such a wonderful breed as a Doberman by the name of Zoey.

Willie

Lissa
03-13-2004, 01:46 PM
That just confimed my desire for a doberman. Now I want one more then ever. That loyality. I also want something that is friendly but protective. I loved that story!

Moose
03-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Brooke, everything said is true! You would not believe how my RB Pax was. She would ''deflea my hand'', never let anybody near me that she didn't trust. She wanted to ride in the car with me everywhere I went. My god, how that made me miss her. The most loyal friend I have ever had. She knew when I felt down and depressed, she knew my every feeling. She protected me, and if I didn't put my hand on her she would keep nudging my hand until she got her head under my hand. Oh my god how I miss her.

Did you know she brought a baby pig back to life by licking it until it came too?

Brooke you have a great, and loyal dog. She will be there when you need her, she will train to do what you want her to do. How lucky you are to have her. I just don't think you will ever find a time that you are sorry that she came into your life.

I have so many stories of Pax, all good, some funny!

I say Congratulations on picking such a wonderful breed as a Doberman by the name of Zoey.

Willie

Willie, Pax sounds like he was just an amazing dog. I would love to hear more stories about him. :)

Moose
03-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Lissa
That just confimed my desire for a doberman. Now I want one more then ever. That loyality. I also want something that is friendly but protective. I loved that story!

If you ever do get one, I promise you won't be disappointed. :D I've honestly never been around a dog that is more loyal than her. I love the feeling...it's just amazing.

Kfamr
03-13-2004, 02:03 PM
If I could, i'd post that one smiley that says "this thread is useless without pictures." :p

trayi52
03-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Brooke, you do need to post some pictures. Afterall this is an anniversary!

Willie

Moose
03-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
If I could, i'd post that one smiley that says "this thread is useless without pictures." :p

:p:rolleyes::p

DogLover9501
03-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Awwwww!

Is that her in your avatar?? When do we get pictures?? :p

ParNone
03-13-2004, 02:17 PM
I was just going to ask "where's the pictures?" :)

Great write up. Makes you want to go right out and get a Doberman. Weeeellllll, If I didn't love Collies so much, that is.:)

Par...

Moose
03-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by ParNone
I was just going to ask "where's the pictures?" :)

Great write up. Makes you want to go right out and get a Doberman. Weeeellllll, If I didn't love Collies so much, that is.:)

Par...

:D:D Hey, you could always get one of each. ;):p

primabella
03-13-2004, 03:47 PM
Happy one month anniversary. That just zoomed by! :p :eek: I hope to see some pictures of Zoey soon. :D

Moose
03-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Thanks Liana!

No kidding, it feels like it's only been a few days!! lol

amoore
03-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Happy One month aniversary to zoey and mom!:) I am so glad Zoey has such a loving mom:)

Brook I am so happy for you and Zoey finding each other.:)

Moose
03-13-2004, 10:58 PM
Thanks amoore. :)

jenfer
03-14-2004, 12:34 AM
Happy Anniversary. Time really flies when you have a puppy dog at home. ;)

Moose
03-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Thanks Jen. :)

dukedogsmom
03-14-2004, 06:45 AM
Congrats! Glad you're so happy. We still need pics!! We have yet to see her.

wolfie
03-14-2004, 07:22 AM
One month already! Congrats!!!

I'm sure you already can't imagine life with out her. ^_^

Moose
03-14-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by wolfie
One month already! Congrats!!!

I'm sure you already can't imagine life with out her. ^_^

I really can't! :p

Moose
03-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Congrats! Glad you're so happy. We still need pics!! We have yet to see her.

Thanks!

I know...will you be coming to the meeting in Florida? We will be bringing her with us...so hopefully you guys can all take some pics with your digital cameras for me...and you can all meet her, of course. ;)