PDA

View Full Version : Who does needlework?

catnapper
03-13-2004, 12:25 PM
I have this great program where I can download a photo and turn it into a counted cross stitch pattern. I haven't played with it in a long time... and am, quite frankly, bored. Do any of you stitchers want to send me a photo of your pet and have me turn it into a pattern for you? All I'd need to know is what finished size you'd like, what type of fabric (aida or linen), what count (14, 18, etc) and how many different colors you wanted for the finished product.

Actual stsitching is up to you:D

Cincy'sMom
03-13-2004, 12:29 PM
What a neat idea!!! My mom used to do a lot of cross stich, and taught me how, but I have never been good about finishing anything :( Maybe my dogs would motivate me!! I don't know enough about size and fabrics...let me talk to her, and then maybe I'll send you some pics!

Thanks for the offer!

trayi52
03-13-2004, 12:41 PM
I used to do cross stictch all the time! Been quite a few years, which one is smaller, the 14 or the 18? I would really like to do one of Grover and Mario.

catnapper
03-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I used to do cross stictch all the time! Been quite a few years, which one is smaller, the 14 or the 18? I would really like to do one of Grover and Mario.

18 count is the smaller... the count represents how many stitches per inch. So 18 count = 18 crosses per inch (aren't I a wealth of knowledge?:p )

I used ot prefer 18, but my old eyes just don't work they way they used to.

trayi52
03-13-2004, 03:25 PM
How do I send you Pictures? Just post them here?

And about the different colors, I just wouldn't know. I guess let you decide.

Truffles
03-13-2004, 04:05 PM
only time i come around a needle is when i get blood levels check which is very often :rolleyes: and when i have surgery of course :p

marylyn

wolf_Q
03-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Hmmm...I don't do cross-stitching, but my mom and aunt does!

Maybe I can force them into doing a Nebo pic for me! Thanks for the offer, I'll get back to you with a pic! :D Is there any certain resolution you need the photo in?

catnapper
03-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Is there any certain resolution you need the photo in?

Resolution doesn't matter... of course, the better the original picture, the better the finished result:)

Amber
03-13-2004, 06:28 PM
like what will you make it in? a little cloth piece? or somthing?

I'd like to have one! :D

Denyce
03-13-2004, 08:16 PM
I do tons of cross stitch. I think I posted to you on one thread asking if you were working on a Teresa Wentzler project. The one you had next to you sort of looked like one in the picture. I have sooo many projects just waiting for me to start them. Lately I have been so busy that I sit down in the evenings to stitch...place one or two stitches and end up falling asleep. :o

Denyce

catnapper
03-13-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Amber
like what will you make it in? a little cloth piece? or somthing?

I'd like to have one! :D

All I would do is make that chart... if you've never done cross-stitch, its the diagram you follow that tells you where to place the stitches on the fabric. Its easy, depending on the fabric you use and how many different colors. Most beginners try to stay small and as few colors as possible... with an animal, the least I'd use is about 10 colors.

dukedogsmom
03-14-2004, 06:58 AM
That is such a good idea! I don't do much cross stitch but having one of Duke would be really nice. I'll have to think about what pic I want to submit. Thanks!