PDA

View Full Version : No more cats :(

DogLover9501
03-13-2004, 10:05 AM
lol this morning I asked my dad if I could adopt another cat :p and he went bizzurk, Im guessing its a definate no:(

We only have 1 cat lol, and he doesn't do anything:p Just sleeps and eats and is 6 years old, and what hurt is one more cat? ;)

I will ask once more lol on our way to clicker training, wish me luck;)

PayItForward
03-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Sounds like your dad made the right decision.

Your original cat at 6 years old is very young for a cat and will live (hopefully) another 14 years or so.

If you are bored of one cat the answer is NOT to get another one.

DogLover9501
03-13-2004, 06:33 PM
I am not bored of him, I definatly did not mean it in that way, and I hope it didn't sound like that, but you have more than one cat right?

I have 3 dogs but were never bored of them, Id just like to adopt one to save another life, and add a new eddition, I don't think people have more than one animal because they got bored of them.

PayItForward
03-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Yep we certainly have more than one cat !!

I am very pleased you are not bored of your cat and yes if you can safe another life that is great.

But if your dad says no, a new cat might have to wait until you are out on your own.

How is the clicker training going ?

DogLover9501
03-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Yeah I agree, will have to wait!

Clicker training is going great :D, thanks for asking!

PayItForward
03-14-2004, 03:07 PM
I 'heard' that you can clicker train cats !!!!

I wonder if it works ?

DogLover9501
03-14-2004, 03:53 PM
You can clicker train anything!!

Right now they are actually clicker training WILD dolphins, whales anything, they have actually gotten dolphins to CLIMB into a net their selves and pee in a cup to test them!!!

AND They are also using clicker training on children :o they use them in some gymnastics, ballet..etc.

They are also clicker training small ponies to be guide ponies, and so many other things, my trainer told me about these, also about a website about other things they're doing with clicker training, I will find it and then post it here if you'd like to read more about it.

DogLover9501
03-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Ah, also I should ask--what would you want to teach a cat to do? lol

PayItForward
03-14-2004, 04:12 PM
I would love to read about clicker training, I would love to see the link, If you find it.

As for cats, I still wonder if it works. Maybe on Milo he is the cleverest cat we have.

PayItForward
03-14-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501
Ah, also I should ask--what would you want to teach a cat to do? lol
LOL. Too true , maybe I should buy a clicker for them to better train us !!!