PDA

View Full Version : "Cracked" me up!!

RICHARD
03-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Fan pulls down ref's shorts and pants

A Belgian referee says he'll never officiate another match after his shorts and pants were pulled down during a game.

Jacky Temmerman, from Wondelgem, was refereeing a game between Youngs Stars Eeklo and FC Zelzate when a fan ran onto the pitch.

The 20-year-old supporter, who plays for another local club KFC Eeklo, pulled down Mr Temmerman's shorts and underpants.

Mr Temmerman told Het Laatste nieuws: "I looked very nice in front of a few hundred supporters. That man made a fool of me.

"I will never dare to show up for another match. They can look for another idiot who is prepared to stand with his ass naked for 20 euros a game."

Marnix Speekaerts, the coach of Young Stars Eeklo, said he had never seen anything like it in his life.

He said: "Sometimes supporters spit on the referee but we never saw a fan come on the field and do something like that. I hope he will be severely punished."

The fan, who was recognised as a player and coach of young footballers, said he didn't know what came over him.

He faces a possible lifetime ban from the Belgian Football Association.

---------------------------------------

Where is Janet Jackson when you need her???

slick
03-12-2004, 04:53 PM
The guy must have felt like an a**:D :D

guster girl
03-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Nice. hee hee, but, yeah, I would hope he's banned. Geez.

Cheshirekatt
03-14-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Fan pulls down ref's shorts and pants

He said: "Sometimes supporters spit on the referee but we never saw a fan come on the field and do something like that. I hope he will be severely punished."

Frankly I think I'd rather be 'pants-ed' than spit on. :rolleyes:

Remind me to never officiate a game.....

lol

Logan
03-15-2004, 09:21 AM
:eek: Poor guy!!! I've heard of harrassing the refs before, but isn't this going a bit too far???? :eek: In fact, just this weekend, during our statewide Methodist basketball tournament (junior girls - Helen's team), a few of our "dads" got carried away, and rightly so, but they were so vocal, the ref finally stopped the game and had the scorekeeper kick them out of the gym!! My husband was one of them!!! :o :o :o

catnapper
03-15-2004, 09:43 AM
Ut-oh, my 14 year old daughter is taking classes to become a referee... should we make her wear suspenders when she's the referee of a game of 7 year old players? Those kids can get nasty too.