PDA

View Full Version : man hurt by burger...

RICHARD
03-12-2004, 04:17 PM
US man sues Burger King over hot burger

A US man's suing a fast-food chain because he says he suffered physical disability after biting a hot chicken burger.

Frank Chancellor from Greenville, South Carolina, says the burger he bought from Burger King was so hot it scalded his mouth.

His lawsuit claims the company should give customers fair warning about the temperature of its foods.

It also claims the alleged scalding incident caused symptoms ranging from pain and suffering to physical disability. It's not known how much he's claiming, says News Channel 7.

Congressman Jim DeMint, from South Carolina, says the US needs a law to stop this kind of suit being taken

He's already voted for a measure that would stop frivolous lawsuits when customers make claims of obesity or weight gain against fast-food restaurants.

--------------------------------------

lolololol.....

Looks like HOT dogs are gonna be against the law soon!!
:rolleyes:

Corinna
03-12-2004, 04:27 PM
What the F*** has everyone lost there mind ? Or a bunch of lazy *** Lets sue and not have to work any more. Does no one know how to BLOW on hot food?

Corinna
03-12-2004, 04:28 PM
What the F*** has everyone lost there mind ? Or a bunch of lazy *** Lets sue and not have to work any more. Does no one know how to BLOW on hot food?
What burger king I NEVER get more than lukewarm food.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
What burger king I NEVER get more than lukewarm food.

Lmao, I totally agree with you... WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO? If I burn myself on hot foods, I blame myself. Yes, food IS cooked in a stove, deep fryer, etc. [BIG SURPRISE, THERE, EH?] So it WILL be hot...

*bows head*

Some people...

RICHARD
03-12-2004, 05:00 PM
lolololol.

I was eating an apple and got a piece of the peel caught in my teeth.....I managed to get it out.....

I then rolled the apple over and noticed that half of the little plastic label that goes on the fruit is gone...

where could it be and do I have a law suit???

G.P.girl
03-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

I was eating an apple and got a piece of the peel caught in my teeth.....I managed to get it out.....

I then rolled the apple over and noticed that half of the little plastic label that goes on the fruit is gone...

OMG !! are you serious??? wow! that two lawsiuts right there! one for the farmer who grew the darn apple and made the peel to tough. and then the ' plastic putter on person' for exposing you to all kinds of bacteria! you would be rich! you should get on that right away! hire only the best lawyers. and sue for atleast twice as much as you pay for the lawyer:p

RedHedd
03-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Ah, yes .... I have faith in our justice system .... I call it job security (I'm a paralegal working in civil litigation.) These lawsuits actually get filed! Amazing what some attorneys (not the ones I work with) will do for a buck or a few hundred :rolleyes: ! :D

catland
03-12-2004, 06:32 PM
What did the guy do - bite into it before they had a chance to wrap it and serve it to him.:eek: :eek:

Here's a funny - a local radio show was discussing the absurdity of suing burger joints because they serve large portions of food. A caller said that maybe restaurants need to be treated like servers in bars. (who are responsible if they serve alcohol to drunk people).

The restaurant worker would have to "size you up" and determine if you were too heavy to be served what you ordered.:p :D "um - I'm sorry sir/mam - but I can't serve you that super-sized order of frys - here's a salad instead";)

isis
03-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Ok when you buy from a fast food place, you should expect it to be hot! It's not like they pulled it out of there freezer! Atleast it was cooked!:rolleyes: People these days........

trayi52
03-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Whew! When I read the title to this thread, I thought somebody had found one of my test biscuits and strapped it to a piece of Hamburger meat!;)

Cincy'sMom
03-12-2004, 06:57 PM
When Ralph and I were dating, we were having dinner at his parent's house. His siter, who lived next door called to read us the shocking warning onher chilren's popsicles. I don't recall the exact wording, but basically it said that "popsicles are cold, and could freeze to the tongue or lips. Allow to warm slightly before eating" :rolleyes:

slick
03-12-2004, 07:09 PM
OMG what's the matter with people!!!!!!!

Any fast food place I've been to serves the food luke warm and you have to get them to nuke it for you.

So the other night I was cooking a pizza for dinner and my first bite burned the roof of my mouth. Should I sue Maytag, Delisio, or the grocery store??:confused:

moosmom
03-12-2004, 07:13 PM
I have 2 words...

OH BROTHER!!!!!!!

The only disability I see is his lack of dura matter!

catnapper
03-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Wouldn't things change with these frivolous lawsuits if the LOSER pays? If I knew that I wouldn't lose anything other than time, then I might be compelled to sue if the only outcome was nothing to loose or millions to gain. But if I knew that I'd have to pay a ton of lawyer fees for both the defense and prosecution lawyers I might be a lot more reluctant to sue regardless of how big the win might be.

Hmmm.... it seems that last week when I was shopping, the bill came to $200 and I had severe emotional distress. Could I sue for that?

Pam
03-12-2004, 09:13 PM
A US man's suing a fast-food chain because he says he suffered physical disability after biting a hot chicken burger.

Physical disability?? :rolleyes: I think this guy has an even bigger mental disability. How did he grow to manhood not realizing that food can often be hot? He needs to trade in his lawyer for a good shrink. The guy is nuts.

Sorry about the pain and suffering with the apple Richard. Life sure is hard isn't it? :p

RICHARD
03-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Pam

Sorry about the pain and suffering with the apple Richard. Life sure is hard isn't it? :p

I am still trying to 'digest' my options............:rolleyes:

slick
03-13-2004, 01:33 PM
I am still trying to 'digest' my options............:rolleyes:
Watch out....if you decide to sue the results could be "hard to swallow":rolleyes: