PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Moments

Twink
03-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Ok, after so much growling and griping about my vet lately, I feel like happy stories. :) Tell me about the moments when your cat has done something or looked at you a certain way, and you thought, "THIS is why this cat is the very most special cat in the whole world." And yes, if you have 20 cats, you can think the same thing about all of them for different reasons. All in the same day. :)

Rizzo had one of those moments last week, and it still makes me smile to think about it. One of my favorite things about him has always been that he's very communal and family-oriented. He doesn't play favorites. He loves both of his parents, and is never happier than when he can lay on both of us at the same time.

So one night last week, I was getting ready for bed, and my husband and Rizzo were already there. Rizzo was laying at the foot of the bed, not touching Seth or anything, quiet. I climbed into bed and read a book for a while. Then I put the book down and rolled over to lay my head on my husband's shoulder for a minute. The INSTANT that my head touched down, Rizzo started purring his loudest, happiest purr. It's like he was just soooo happy that his people love each other. It gave me the warm fuzzies like you wouldn't believe. :D

After a minute, of course, Rizz decided he wanted in on the snuggle-fest, so he got up, balance-beamed up my leg, tried to lay on my hip, overbalanced, rolled off, got grumpy and went off to hunt his seal. :rolleyes: But hey, that's another thing I love about him!

:D

Any good stories out there? *bats eyelashes*

Denyce
03-12-2004, 03:20 PM
Every night when we go to sleep Deirdre will curl up on my pillow with her head resting on my head. Katiebug will then lie down on my hip until she slides off and then snuggles up against my back. In the middle of the night I usually have to get up to use the restroom. I will get back into bed and pull Deirdre down off the pillow to huggle/snuggle with me. She will lie facing me with her head on the pillow and her paws wrapped around my neck. She will fall asleep so deeply you can barely feel her breath. Of course I have a hard time sleeping like that because I have to keep my hubby from rolling over and squashing her but it is worth it to have her trusting so much to fall asleep so deeply while holding onto my neck:D

Denyce

sirrahbed
03-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Dylan is *always* by my side. The other day I was sitting on the couch looking down at him while he slept, wondering how someone would give him up because he was too fat and that nobody wanted him, generally feeling mushy and just thinking how happy I was to have him in my home and part of my life. It was like he read my mind - even in sound sleep - he looked up straight into my eyes - with his huge round sweet eyes and stared at me for the longest time, licked my hand, and went back to sleep next to me. I sat there and cried!

jenluckenbach
03-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Biddy begging can melt a heart of stone. Not only does he sit up and remain in the begging postion for what seems like hours, he will look right at you and tilt his head to the right and then to the left. SOOOOOO Cute!!!

Laura's Babies
03-12-2004, 09:13 PM
The other day I layed down on the sofa for my nap, I always cover my face when I go to sleep. Giz came up purring and walked up my body on top of the cover , purring and proceeded to pull the covers off my face.. I laughed so hard, I gave up the nap to love on her. Today when I laid down I didn't know where they were so I said rather loud, "OK, I am laying down to TAKE MY NAP!"..and her she came purring with Amy following. They curled up on the sofa with me and "we" took our nap. Did I take a cat nap?

slick
03-12-2004, 09:40 PM
I guess the best moment for me was right after I adopted Max and Speckles. Speckles came around right away but Max would not let me get near him for 2 wks. He hid behind the TV and I had to place a food dish beside the TV for him.

I was so frustrated and crying that he wouldn't warm up to me so my friend at work said, "just ignore him and he'll eventually come around."

After 2 wks, I was in bed crying because Max was so unhappy and I didn't know how to fix it. All of a sudden, I felt a thump on the bed and Max strolled up on the pillow beside me. I had my arm out with my palm facing upward and Max settled in buried his facie in my hand and purrrred up a storm. He stayed there all night and I cried most of the night but they were tears of happiness.

Isn't it funny how even in real life if you ignore the man and play hard-to-get he comes running......:D :D

trayi52
03-12-2004, 10:16 PM
Awww, what some cute stories! Slick that was just so sweet about Max!!

My sweetest time is when I go to bed of a night, I always know Grover will come and cuddle with me, so I close my eyes and wait. Sneak a peak and she is sitting on the nightstand watching me. Then I close my eyes, and pretty soon I feel her step on the bed and then she begins the ritual of licking my face. She licks my eyes, my nose, neck and even my lips. Then she snuggles as close as she can get and I put the cover on her and she will sleep like that all night. I love that feeling, it is the best feeling in the whole world to me. I get those warm fuzzies too with my sweet little cat by the name of Grover.

Willie:)

RedHedd
03-13-2004, 12:43 PM
I catch those sweet moments quite often lately as my two are getting much closer to each other every day. Yesterday morning while I was getting ready for work, I stepped out into the hallway and there were the two cats, both in meatloaf paw to paw facing each other with a little white toy mouse between them. It was such a beautifully precious "morning moment with mousie." I wanted to take a pic, but I knew the camera would completely disrupt them. All day I would reflect back on their special cuteness.

And the other day when Mishi was lounging on the bed in the sunshine and I went to take a nap with them. Mitzi came up to join us in a sweet snuggle session and then she licked Mishi with her teeny little tongue. That was a first for her; she's never licked him before. It was SO sweet!