PDA

View Full Version : Gone to Iraq

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Well, Drake and I said good bye to Andrew this afternoon at 2:30, He is on his way to Iraq and will be there until August or maybe even longer :(

I feel terrible for Drake. He knows something is up since I have been crying all day long. I made Andrew leave a few unwashed t-shirts for Drake to be able to cuddle with. But I am certain Drake will not eat much for a few days and will sleep right in front of the door waiting for his daddy.

Keep us in your thoughts....

EssTer
03-12-2004, 09:43 AM
I'm sorry to hear that... but I understand bith of you, I lived without my dad about 2 years, because he was in Iceland...I'll keep you both in my thoughts... all will be OK;)

Albea
03-12-2004, 09:49 AM
Souraya,
you, Andrew and Drake will be in our thoughts, with wishes for a quick and safe return.
Hugs.

Corinna
03-12-2004, 09:51 AM
All three of you in our prayers . chin up you have Drake to keep you company. Poor Andrew doesn't .

Kona & Oreo's mom
03-12-2004, 09:52 AM
We'll be thinking of the three of you and hoping that the time until August passes quickly.

tatsxxx11
03-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Oh Souraya....:( How difficult that must have been for you and Drake, saying goodbye:( I'd be crying my eyes out too. I know how much you two will miss him and how worried you will be for his safety. The good thing is, you and Drake have each other there to lean on and love on and talk to:) I'm sure Drake will appreciate having Daddy's shirt to sniff:) I have to admit, there have been times when I've sniffed my husband's shirt too when he's gone and I'm lonely. Any chance he'll be home for leave sometime before August? That would be a something to look forward to. We're here for you Souraya. Please, dry your tears and go give Drakester a big hug and kiss. Thinking of you and I'll be keeping Andrew in my prayers. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Cinder & Smoke
03-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Hi God ~

You prolly already got sum calls on this,
but a few extra Prayers nebber hurt.

Would You Please keep a sharp eye on Drake's Dad - Mr Andrew?
He's gonna be flyin his HoptyKopter round Iraq fur a while -
an he'd sure like to have You ridin as Co-Pilot inna udder seat!

While You're wrappin Your GodsPawz round him, please include
Drake an his Mom - their gonna wurrie an miss Andrew reel bad.

Please keep da Whole Fambly Safe - and Andrew's Fellow Soldiers, too!

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

RobiLee
03-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Oh Wow. How hard that must have been. All three of you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and be strong. Andrew will be safe and you and Drake will do just fine. You know where you can find some quick company when you need some. We are always here for ya at Pet Talk!

Hugs...Robin

Karen
03-12-2004, 11:27 AM
It is very hard, I know. Every person with a loved one in the military lives with the knowledge that their loved ones could be sent to dangerous places at any time. Know that Andrew will be in our prayers, as will you and Drake. That thick fur will absorb lots of tears, it's okay. Big hugs to all three of you!

trayi52
03-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Souraya, Please know that Andrew, you and Drake are in my prayers for Andrew's safe return. I am so sorry that you two are going to be without Andrew for so long. I know it will even feel longer to you and to Drake. Drake will love having the shirts to sleep on and will have Andrew's smell on them. That will comfort him. You and Drake just do alot of cuddling together and console and comfort each other.

I will be praying for Andrews safe and quick return.

Willie

Logan
03-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Oh, Souraya, I am sad for all three of you. I hope these months will pass quickly for you. But being in a new home, in a different country is tough, I'm sure. Explore Germany, show us lots of pictures, and know that we are all here for you, any time.

All of you are in our prayers. :)

Love,
Logan

pitc9
03-12-2004, 01:24 PM
I pray time goes by very fast for you all!

You, Drake and Andrew will be in my prayers!!

ramanth
03-12-2004, 01:41 PM
*HUGS*

I hope and pray that Andrew comes home sooner than later. Be strong for each other.

lizbud
03-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Oh Souraya.

I was hoping so much that Andrew wouldn't have to go
there.:( I hope the time passes quickly & he comes back safe
and sound to you & Drake. You all will be in my thoughts and
prayers daily. Hugs to you from me & Smokey.

primabella
03-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Good thoughts being sent to all three of you. I'm sorry to hear about Andrew leaving. :( I hope he makes it back quickly and safely.

shais_mom
03-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Sending you hugs across the way Souraya!! And Draker.
Keeping Andrew in my prayers!

sisterdog
03-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Keeping you, Drake, and Andrew in my prayers. I grew up in a military family and remember the concern of those times when my Dad was TDY in Thailand when the secret war beyond VietNam made being in a neighboring country not so safe.

Cincy'sMom
03-12-2004, 06:03 PM
We will keep Andrew in our thoughts and prayers.

KYS
03-12-2004, 08:56 PM
Souraya,
Sending you, oodles and oodles of good thoughts and hugs.
I know this is hard for all of you.
(((^..^))) Karen

Pam
03-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest

Keep us in your thoughts....

Consider it done! I hope the time goes quickly for you until you can all be reunited as one big happy family again. (((hugs)))

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-13-2004, 04:50 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words and prayers.

Andrew hasn't called yet, but I know that he didn't get on the flight he was supposed to. Not enough seats! So, he had to catch a flight to Kuwait City and then from there to Iraq. I am sure he was exhausted by the time he got there. He was suppposed top leave at 4 PM, but ended up waiting till 9 PM to take off!!

Last night was tough. I didn't sleep well and Drake spent most of the night at the front door whining. He came and cuddled when he would hear me cry. He is a sweet heart.

On the brighter side, I have a job now and start on Monday. It couldn't have come in a better time. I didn't want to have an excuse to mope around and through myself into a depressive state. I am on a contract till October. I had my training and certification course last week. I will be preparing taxes at the tax center on post. It is all done with the computer, but I had to get certified for the software and learn all my tax laws! My boss is a very good friend of ours. He told me that I could bring Drake in after lunch everyday! I will bring his crate and out it in the break room incase Drake is getting in my way while I am helping a client.

Drake has a new girlfriend! Her name is Nikita and she is a GSD. The wife of another officer who left with Andrew owns her. They have met at the park a few time and get along well. So, Anna and I are going to meet every Friday afternoon after work for Drake and Nikita to play.

Trying to keep myself busy. Once again, thanks everyone!

dukedogsmom
03-13-2004, 06:55 AM
We'll pray that he stays safe and won't have to stay there too long. I sure admire/respect all the people involved for fighting for our and other's freedom. I can say right now that I don't think I'd be that brave. I hope you and Drake can comfort each other and maybe the months will pass by quickly. Take him for walks and post pics for us and we'll help you through it.
Just now read what you wrote above. Glad you've got a job and you can bring Drake to work! That is great. I would love to have Duke at work. And we will look forward to pics of Drake and Nikita.

lbaker
03-13-2004, 07:32 AM
Keep you three in our thoughts Souraya? There isn't a day that goes by that I (and I bet most everyone here) don't think of you. Those thoughts usually bring a HUGE smile to my face and I daily look at my Drake pictures in my special folder. At work we have tech support, at PetTalk we have HeartSupport. You are not alone in this, we love you :)
Laurie

sabies
03-13-2004, 08:43 AM
Souraya we're all thinking of you. Glad to hear you got a job, that will really help keep your mind off Andrew in Iraq. How wonderful that Drake can come for part of the day!

ChrisH
03-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Souraya, I will be keeping the three of you in my thoughts and prayers. {{Hugs}}

I guess the new job will help some, especially being able to have Draker there with you part of the day. :)

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Drake and his girlfriend Nikita! :D

Chris

EssTer
03-13-2004, 09:06 AM
I'm glad that Drake has a girlfriend(Hope see pics soon:D ) and I'm glad that you have a job now..:)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-13-2004, 11:38 AM
I'll keep you all in my prayers too. My cousin has been in Iraq for almost a year. He was supposed to be home last month but has been delayed for some reason. I think he's training his replacement or something. Anyway, prayers are on the way for all our people over there and in Afghanistan too.

Sudilar
03-13-2004, 07:32 PM
Souraya, I will be keeping you, Andrew and Drake in my prayers. I'm glad you have a job that you can bring Drake to!! Glad to hear that Drake has a new girlfriend (especially a GSD)!! Will be waiting for pictures!
Hugs to you and hope that the time Andrew is away flies by quickly.

amoore
03-13-2004, 07:45 PM
I know that must be very hard on you, Drake, and Andrew.

You will be in my prayers and hopes That time will go fast and for Andrew's safe return.

anna_66
03-15-2004, 08:25 PM
I can't even imagine how you are feeling knowing Andrew is going to be gone so long:(

It really is great that you were able to get a job so you can keep your mind busy with that & not worry so much about Andrew. And what great news that you can bring Draker to work with you! I bet he loves it!

{{{HUGS}}}

Anna