PDA

View Full Version : Arson attack at my son's school

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-12-2004, 05:17 AM
I am SO mad and upset right now. This morning we found out that last night The British School of Bahrain was set alight in a "suspected" arson attack. Most importantly NO ONE WAS HURT OR KILLED, but it breaks my heart to think about what has been lost. (This is the school my Son goes to) BSB is a small school, with only one main building, housing most of the classrooms and all the admin, library etc. Unfortunately this building is close to the road, and as empty soda bottles were found in the playgound, a petrol-bomb attack is the most likely cause. The English and Art rooms are totally gutted, all the other classes on this floor are badly smoke-damaged, and the ground floor is wrecked by water damage.

The school is closed tomorrow (remember Thursday and Friday is the weekend here), and by Sunday they hope to have Porta-Cabins set up in the playgound to continue teaching. (Although this is only a short-term solution, as the temperature here climbs to over 50 C over the next couple of months).

All the kids lockers have been destroyed, and all the Year 11 GCSE material has been totally destroyed. We also just puchased PCs with the proceeds of all of last year's Fund Raising, and they are probably all water-damaged too!

They are waiting for structural engineers to make sure the building is safe before anyone can go back inside.

I am going down tomorrow morning to see if I can help with the clean-up.

I am so glad this didn't happen during the school day. It has really rocked us all, as we felt so safe here, even during the war there weren't many problems. But now this puts things in a different light altogether!

Vio&Juni
03-12-2004, 07:06 AM
Who would do that?

Awful!

Randi
03-12-2004, 07:45 AM
That is absolutely terrifying - what is this world coming to!! :(

G.P.girl
03-12-2004, 08:39 AM
That's terrible!

bad things have been happening at my shcool too.the other day someone stole a car fromand old lady who lives near the school and they parked it sideways in the driveway where the buses go in and took the wheels off. so the buses had to drop us off on the street.
And some kid was caught with drugs. they were trying to keep it quiet and nobody else really knows about it, i only know because the kid thought my friend was the one who ratted him out.

And somebody at the highschool i'm going to next year, which is just a block away from my school, was caught with a gun in school! i thought the school shere were supposed to be really good and thongs like that didn't happen:(

ramanth
03-12-2004, 09:30 AM
How terribly sad. :(

I hope they find the aweful people who did that. :mad:

Cataholic
03-12-2004, 09:31 AM
How terribly sad and frightful. Thank God no one was injured. But, still, the thought. :(

gini
03-12-2004, 09:55 AM
This is so upsetting because when something like this happens - everybody loses.

Thank God no one was hurt. I hope they can find out who did this.

Corinna
03-12-2004, 09:58 AM
how sad! Why would anyone do something so bad? Hope things get back to normal soon.

popcornbird
03-12-2004, 12:14 PM
That is horrible. :( Why would anyone do such a thing to a school? Crazy world..........:rolleyes::mad: