PDA

View Full Version : Winter the rabbit just died.

sasvermont
03-11-2004, 05:33 PM
I cannot even type right now. I came home to a dead rabbit. She seemed happy this morning. She didn't look like she struggled...in fact had a little basket in her front paws, stretched out......like rabbits do....

I have to go get my thoughts together. What a horror this pet thing can be.....

SAS:eek:

Freckles
03-11-2004, 05:39 PM
SAS, I'm so sorry.
I've just been catching up on today's posts so was really shocked to see this posted just minutes ago.:(

Karen
03-11-2004, 05:45 PM
How terribly sad! Such a sweet young thing, an angel so soon! My thought and prayers will be with you.

Sweet white Winter,
bunny so soft
angels must return to heaven
but we will miss you here.

Pam
03-11-2004, 05:49 PM
Oh SAS I am numb! I know the feeling all too well though as my Whitney (standard poodle) left me in the same way several years ago. Totally healthy in the morning and dead on the sofa when I returned from work that night. I wish I could be there to help you through this. What a horrible thing. I know how shaken you are feeling right now. ((((hugs)))))

Cinder & Smoke
03-11-2004, 05:52 PM
:(

So Very Sorry, SAS.

{{{Hugs}}} to you.

Rest In Peace, Dear Winter Bun...
We're going to Miss You. :(

/s/ :( Phred

tatsxxx11
03-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Oh Sally:(:(:( Oh, no, not Winter:( I can't believe your suffering so soon the loss of another furkid:( I'm without words. I know how devastated you're feeling right now and my heart goes out to. Rest in peace precious bunny:( Sally, I'm so, so sorry. {{{HUGS}}}

Vermontcat
03-11-2004, 06:06 PM
SAS, I am so shocked!:(
We will miss Winter the Wabbit.:(

Here is the only photo that I have of Winter from our visit on Saturday.
My daughter managed to get a photo of her behind the futon.
http://users.adelphia.net/~mandzsawyer/images/dustbun.jpg
RIP sweet bun-bun.:(
Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

popcornbird
03-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Omg! :( I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It is always difficult to lose a pet, but when its so sudden, it makes things even worse. :( RIP Beautiful Winter. :(:(

slick
03-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Oh No, not Winter :( :( How could this happen???

My heart is breaking for you SAS and we are all crying along with you. All I can think of is that God must have needed Winter for a special task at the RB.

RIP sweet Winter. It was a pleasure knowing you.

Hugs to you SAS.

catland
03-11-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I was just reading Vermontcat's post earlier today of her visit with you. How very sad.

Rest in peace sweet Winter.

Miss Meow
03-11-2004, 06:40 PM
I'm so sorry.

I was only looking at VermontCat's pictures this morning. Can't believe that Winter isn't with you any more. Rest in peace, little bunny.

sasvermont
03-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Well, at first I couldn't believe it. She seemed so fine this morning. I have emailed the House Rabbit Society to let them know. I will just deal with it. I almost feel as though animals come here to die. I don't know what went wrong, but it has broken my heart again. Winny wasn't the sweetest of bunnies, but she was getting better each day, friendlier that is. She never seemed ill to me. Everything was normal. Obviously she was not well.

I will consider taking her body to the Vet but will probably not do that since she was my only rabbit and there is no chance that she will give any other rabbit an illness....etc.

Rest in peace sweet widdy Winny. This just doesn't seem terribly fair to have another pet die so soon. It is so tough on the heart.

Juni will miss Winny.

I will clean out the room this weekend, after thinking about what happened for a couple of days.

Thanks for listening. My heart aches.

SAS

wolf_Q
03-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Oh I'm so very sorry to hear about Winter. {{{Hugs}}}

trayi52
03-11-2004, 07:13 PM
SAS, I am so sorry to hear That Winter has passed on. I remember when I first seen Winters picture I actually thought she was a little toy bunny, she was so cute. I hate to hear this so bad.

R.I.P. Sweet beautiful Winter.

Again I am so sorry this had to happen so suddenly, Winter will be missed, and {{{{Hugs to you SAS}}}}

Willie

jenluckenbach
03-11-2004, 07:19 PM
OH SAS, I am so sorry to hear this dreadful news. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

Logan
03-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Sallyanne, Pam emailed to let me know of this horrible news. I am so very sorry, not only for Winter, and Juni, but for you, my friend. I can imagine that your heart must be in a thousand pieces at this time. It just isn't fair the horrible misfortune that has fallen on your home this last year. I'm so very, very sorry. :(

We love you and are here in support.

Logan

Corinna
03-11-2004, 07:36 PM
So sorry for your loss of Winter. What a cute wabbit I miss my angoras too. But now they have a buddy to play with.

catnapper
03-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Oh my heart goes out to you! I am so very sorry to hear this dreadful news.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I am so very sorry, not only for Winter, and Juni, but for you, my friend. I can imagine that your heart must be in a thousand pieces at this time. It just isn't fair the horrible misfortune that has fallen on your home this last year. I'm so very, very sorry. :(

I couldn't have said it better. :(

I was just enjoying the pics that VTCat posted from her weekend visit. I'm am so very sorry SAS. I can't imagine why you are being tested so. I adored Winter and even though we didn't see her or hear about her a lot, I'm going to miss her. She is the first angora bun I've ever seen, and I can honestly say I've never seen a cutie bunny.

Rest in peace Winter. I'm sure Sophie will be the first to greet you and show you around RB, and now you get to meet your sweet brothers, Graemer and Gabe.

{{{{hugs}}}} to you SAS. I can only imagine how heavy your heart is right now. :(

shais_mom
03-11-2004, 10:13 PM
OMG,
SallyAnne, I can not imagine what you are going thru! How shocking. My heart breaks for you.
I am so sorry.
Godspeed sweet Winter.

BastetsMum
03-11-2004, 10:43 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss Sas. My condolences.

Steffi N
03-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Sallyanne, I am so sorry to hear about Winter. {{HUGS}} for you and pets for Miley, Juni, and Chloe.

krazyaboutkatz
03-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Sallyanne, I'm so sorry to hear about Winters passing.:( She was such an adorable unique looking bunny and will be truly missed. RIP sweet Winter. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

jazzcat
03-11-2004, 11:11 PM
I'm so sorry.:( She will be missed by all. I've never seen a bunny as beautiful as her.

Rest in peace sweet beautfiul Winter.

rg_girlca
03-11-2004, 11:28 PM
OMG, Sas, my heart is breaking for you. I am so, so sorry to hear this terrible news. Words escape me right now.
Rest in Peace dear sweet Winter. The cutest little bunny I have ever seen. You will be truly missed.

Nomilynn
03-11-2004, 11:49 PM
Oh, god Sas, I am so so so sorry.. I'm so sorry for this :( :(

gini
03-12-2004, 12:12 AM
What can I say that would help? All I know is that every single one of us is right with you and grieving for you.

My heart just breaks that you have had so much sadness this past year - more than a person can ever handle.

SAS, my deepest sympathy to you right now - I wish that I could remove some of your pain and tears.

Gini

Vio&Juni
03-12-2004, 01:41 AM
So sorry to hear this sad news!

My heart aches!

Kirsten
03-12-2004, 02:22 AM
Sas, I'm so sorry that you have lost your Winter. :(

Kirsten

Rachel
03-12-2004, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont
. This just doesn't seem terribly fair to have another pet die so soon. It is so tough on the heart.

SAS

No, it is not fair at all. You have had far too much sorrow. Winter was a beautiful bunny and her life was enriched with love and care during the time she lived at Camp Vermont. Take comfort in knowing her last months were filled with all the things any bunny could ever desire. Obviously, there was no way to know that there was a problem and even if you had known, there might not have been any means of intervention.

Good bye little Winter. Sophie will take care of you. She is a good bunny and will show you around the RB.

Randi
03-12-2004, 06:46 AM
Oh, I'm so very sorry to hear that Winter has passed on. :( She was such a beautiful bunny.

Rest in Peace, sweet Winter.

Hugs to you, Sallyanne.

catcrazylady
03-12-2004, 07:31 AM
OH NO! I'm so very sorry for your loss. Winter was the first Angora bunny I had ever seen. She was so beautiful! I'm sure you will miss her terribly! God Bless you for giving her such a wonderful life in Camp Vermont.

Godspeed beautiful Winter, what a beautiful addition you will be at the bridge.

sasvermont
03-12-2004, 08:04 AM
I received these very kind words from the House Rabbit Society folks - where and from whom I got Winny da Wabbit....

"Sallyanne please do not stress over wondering what you missed or could have done. I do understand that you can not help but wonder. Over the years I have come to except that often there is no "concrete" explanation. I know its easier to except if we can put a specific cause to something. I just try to take comfort in the love that was shared. It sounds as if Winter passed in such peace and serenity. All should be so lucky. Mona"

I think now that I am talking about Winny here at work, it is dawning on me how much I DID talk about her and there is no doubt, she was loved by many people, from afar, but many people.

RIP sweet Winny da Poo Poo....

SAS

Edwina's Secretary
03-12-2004, 08:25 AM
SallyAnne....I am so sorry. No one should be burdened as you have been.

Godspeed Winny the Wabbit!

moosmom
03-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Oh SAS, I'm so sorry to hear about Winny. I wish I had some words of wisdom, but unfortunately I don't. If it were me, I would consider having a necropsy done just for my own peace of mind and to know what really happened. It would give me closure. But everyone is different.

Please accept my condolences.

RIP sweet Winter.

Cataholic
03-12-2004, 10:00 AM
SAS,
I am in shock. I am so sorry about Winny. What an awful tragedy. Please know you are in my thoughts. I truly feel your sorrow.
RIP, Winter.
Johanna

Kona & Oreo's mom
03-12-2004, 10:29 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Winter's sudden passing. My condolences to you.

RedHedd
03-12-2004, 11:31 AM
OMG! Rest is peace beautiful fluffy Winter. What a shock. Say hi to my Goldie at the RB, little Winny. :(

sasvermont
03-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Winny was grooming the stuff animal (her favorite friend other than Juni).....Rest In Peace sweet one.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/p8dee3a8207a93b479cb1c46d5579eddd/f95e3479.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
03-12-2004, 12:47 PM
So sad! Winter you left way too soon!
((HUGS)):(

PayItForward
03-12-2004, 12:52 PM
{{{Hugs}}} to you Sallyanne. :(

I am so sorry you have lost sweet Winter. :(

She was the fluffy bunny I have ever seen with fantastic ears.

I hope she has a great time meeting her cat brothers on the Bridge.

ChrisH
03-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Oh, SAS, I am so, so, sorry to hear the sad news about your beautiful Winter.

Rest in Peace sweet Winny.

Hugs
Chris

Twink
03-12-2004, 03:19 PM
I am so, so sorry to hear this news. Winter was so unique and beautiful. She brought smiles and delight to everyone here with every new picture, and I know she must have brought the same to you every day. It's so sad that she had to leave you so soon, and without warning.

RIP, sweet Winny.

Killearn Kitties
03-12-2004, 03:52 PM
I am so sorry to hear this sad news today. The photos here of Winter are absolutely beautiful. She looked a fun, fluffy girl and it is so sad that she was taken from you too soon.

Rest in peace sweet Winter.

smokey the elder
03-13-2004, 09:03 AM
I'm very sorry about beautiful Winter. The first time I saw her picture I thought she was a stuffed rabbit, she was so perfect!

Cincy'sMom
03-13-2004, 02:04 PM
I was shocked and sadden to find a link to this thread in cats general....how sad for you and the kitties. Winter was such a beautiful bunny and we "knew" her for such a short time. I hope she is peace at the bridge.

RIP dear Winter.

Aspen and Misty
03-13-2004, 04:24 PM
I just found this thread and can't keep myself from crying. Such a cute, adorable bunny. She looked so sweet and special. How lucky she was to have a mom like you ::hugs::

Ash :(

koxka
03-13-2004, 06:18 PM
SAS , I'm so sorry you lost Winter.:(
She was a dream bunny.She will be never forgotten.

lizbud
03-13-2004, 06:55 PM
SAS I am so very sorry.:(

Rest In Peace sweet little bunny Winnie.:(

sasvermont
03-14-2004, 07:55 AM
Good morning.

Thank you everyone, for such kind words.

I am ok with Winny's death, now. I have cleaned her cage, toys and room and have found nothing to give me hints on what went wrong. I was figuring that I would find eaten carpet or something, but nothing. Her litter box was used on her last morning, since I had just changed the box lined with newspaper. So from every indication, her bodily functions were normal.

Rest in Peace sweet Winter. You were loved.

By the way, Juni spent about an hour in Winter's room, looking for her and then once I cleaned the room, they all just gave up trying to find her. Animals are better at understanding things than we are, I am afraid. I can only imagine Juni thinking "well, Mom, bring on the next furry critter for me to rub on".......

SAS

:eek: :)

Rachel
03-14-2004, 10:04 AM
SAS, your post has me at bit weepy once more.

As I look out the window and see all the signs of spring, the thought came to me...winter is gone. Such an uncanny time for your Winter to depart.

Winter is gone.

Rottieluver45
03-14-2004, 12:53 PM
Oh Sas! I`m so sorry for your loss! :(

RIP Winnie!

green_chameleon_girl
03-16-2004, 10:12 PM
:eek: I was just showing my mom pics of her today:( :( :( *cries* aww im sorry for your loss of such a sweet rabbit!!:(

Barbara
03-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Sallyanne, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how close to your heart these four-paws can come. I hope that the three girls can be a bit of a comfort:)

Tonya
04-17-2004, 01:04 PM
Rest in Peace, Winter. You were (and still are) my favorite PT bunny.

lat192004
04-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Know how you feel. I had a 12 year old cat die suddenly of kidney disease. I had to take him to the vet to be put to sleep. My eyes were moist, it hurt. I immediatley went up to the shelter and adopted Angel. You should do the same, go get another. Sorry for your loss.:(