PDA

View Full Version : kitty games

felinefanatic
03-11-2004, 05:14 PM
My kitty "Billy" is very lazy, but there is one game he loves we call it magic carpet ride.All I have to do is put him on the small rug ,often he gets on himself and waits for his free ride to begin,then I pull the carpet all around the house at high speed. He does'nt have to do anything except hold on tight! Billy especially loves it when we hit the corners at top speed,he rarelly ly falls off. But best of all Billy does'nt over exert himself ,of supreme importance to a lazy cat like Billy!!

that feline fanatic

rkidsrcats
03-13-2004, 10:15 AM
Sorry I didn't see this before now....YES! Percy Peapod LOVES this game. And we call it "magic Carpet ride" too. Before we moved, we had wood floors in the house, so he would ride all over. He gets really flat and laid out on the rug, or towel, or whatever we are dragging and loves to go fast down the hallway, around the corner and by that time, we have quite a following. Its a parade really. Anyway, I'm glad to hear someone else does silly things like this with their cats!

jaqi
03-13-2004, 03:40 PM
When Checkers was smaller he let me drag him around the floor in a cardboard box, I'd tie a string to it and pull him. Same basic idea. Anymore he jumps out, but I can still carry him around in a bag! (He may have grown-up-kitty dignity, but there's still a kitten in there somewhere.)

ActionCat007
03-16-2004, 07:30 PM
Katie loves to be pushed around the house in a box, she will jump in any kind of box and wait for me to give her a ride.
SHE IS SO CUTE!! :)

DJFyrewolf36
03-26-2004, 05:05 PM
My roomates cat, Charful likes to perch on the old broken office chair *I assume it hasnt been thown out because of the cats lol* and spin it around. She will actually get the chair spinning if no one is around to give it a starting push. This cat will sit on this thing like a merry-go-round for hours!

cutekittens4u
04-10-2004, 10:15 AM
My catz, i have 4 of them, I have a little stick with a feather attached to the end and i bob it up nad down and they jump in funny ways straight up! It's so fun and cute!

Lennie B.
04-13-2004, 09:32 AM
Vinny loves to play the "foot in the tummy" game. The idea is to place one's foot (preferably bare) on his tummy while he is stretched out on the carpet, and start to rub it back and forth. Vinny goes into ecstacy mode, writhing around and stretching every part of his body that can be stretched, right down to his toes. After he has had his full of that, he rolls over and grabs the foot with all four paws as if to disembowel it. The object is to see how long you can leave your appendage in his clutches before he starts to dig his claws in- this is not as dangerous as it sounds because Vinny is by nature quite a gentle guy, and because he's smart enough to know that the minute he gets too rough the foot disappears and the game is over. :D :D :D

joanofark
05-10-2004, 09:05 PM
My kitten, Kally is very energetic. When I am on the couch she will come over and attack my foot until I get up. Then she takes off running towards the stairs. She allways stops at the bottom to make sure I am chasing her. She hides in the same spot every time(Behind the T.V.). She dosent know I can see her from above. I hide were she cant see me then she comes creeping out thinking I can't find her. When I jump out at her she hunches up and starts to run sideways???:confused: Then does a flip, lands on her back, and puts her calws strait up in the air ready to fight! They are so cute when they are little!

kittykay
06-03-2004, 08:58 AM
There's that beautiful Vinny again. Not only beautiful but full of fun too!

catmandu
06-08-2004, 10:16 AM
The Games that The Found cats love the most , are the Cat Dancer , and Tghe Spring Toy , that Kim sent. And The Visitor Siamese love that Spring Toy!

Heather JC
06-29-2004, 01:42 PM
Even at 8 years old, Missy loved to play. Around 10 every night was our play time, and if I was busy on the computer she would hound me to come and play with her, or sit wistfully in the living room gazing at me, willing me to come. She was an expert soccer player with a little sponge ball, or anything that she could propel along the floor or into the air. More often than not, mice and balls would disappear all over the apt. having been chased under furniture, or swatted high up in the air and landing in the most unusual places. She loved for me to bounce a sponge ball at her for her to chase and swat back to me. Or she would sit high up on her seat at the top of her scratching post and I would toss balls at her and she would hit them back to me with either of her front paws -- never missing a shot! She was so quick with those paws. She had a wide variety of handmade toys filled with catnip, which she absolutely adored and after rubbing them all over her head, she would fling them high into the air and catch them. Another of her favourites was the beam of a laser pointer, which she became obsessed with. As soon as she heard the faint click of it when I activated it, she would be in a frenzy looking for the little dot of light on the floor or walls or ceiling.
On the wild side, she loved to catch June bugs out on the balcony and stun them. They would later come back to life and she would recycle them for some more fun.
She loved to lie in hiding and ambush me when I would walk by, racing out and touching my ankles with a paw. I would give a little yell, and this seemed to delight her. Another of our games we played together was peek-a-boo around corners. She absolutely loved this pastime. Each of us would position ourselves around a corner, and then take turns peeking at each other, until finally she would come charging towards me to scare me. She would come at a full gallop around the corner and then put on her brakes. And I would ruffle up her fur, and whirl her around in my arms.
In the early years she loved to watch TV -- game shows, wildlife shows, figure skating -- anything with motion -- but also the 11pm news with Canadian CTV anchorman Lloyd Robertson ---- don't ask me why! Must have been the sound of his voice intrigued her. With the Wheel of Fortune, she would stand on her hind legs with her paws on the screen trying to catch the wheel as it spun.
I bought her a cat video filled with birds, squirrels, and chipmunks, and she would sit and watch it in its entirety -- a full 20 min. and quite often try to figure out where the critters were in the TV., going around to the back of the set to seek them out.
How she could make me laugh! And how I miss her antics!

felinefanatic
06-29-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Heather JC
Even at 8 years old, Missy loved to play. Around 10 every night was our play time, and if I was busy on the computer she would hound me to come and play with her, or sit wistfully in the living room gazing at me, willing me to come. She was an expert soccer player with a little sponge ball, or anything that she could propel along the floor or into the air. More often than not, mice and balls would disappear all over the apt. having been chased under furniture, or swatted high up in the air and landing in the most unusual places. She loved for me to bounce a sponge ball at her for her to chase and swat back to me. Or she would sit high up on her seat at the top of her scratching post and I would toss balls at her and she would hit them back to me with either of her front paws -- never missing a shot! She was so quick with those paws. She had a wide variety of handmade toys filled with catnip, which she absolutely adored and after rubbing them all over her head, she would fling them high into the air and catch them. Another of her favourites was the beam of a laser pointer, which she became obsessed with. As soon as she heard the faint click of it when I activated it, she would be in a frenzy looking for the little dot of light on the floor or walls or ceiling.
On the wild side, she loved to catch June bugs out on the balcony and stun them. They would later come back to life and she would recycle them for some more fun.
She loved to lie in hiding and ambush me when I would walk by, racing out and touching my ankles with a paw. I would give a little yell, and this seemed to delight her. Another of our games we played together was peek-a-boo around corners. She absolutely loved this pastime. Each of us would position ourselves around a corner, and then take turns peeking at each other, until finally she would come charging towards me to scare me. She would come at a full gallop around the corner and then put on her brakes. And I would ruffle up her fur, and whirl her around in my arms.
In the early years she loved to watch TV -- game shows, wildlife shows, figure skating -- anything with motion -- but also the 11pm news with Canadian CTV anchorman Lloyd Robertson ---- don't ask me why! Must have been the sound of his voice intrigued her. With the Wheel of Fortune, she would stand on her hind legs with her paws on the screen trying to catch the wheel as it spun.
I bought her a cat video filled with birds, squirrels, and chipmunks, and she would sit and watch it in its entirety -- a full 20 min. and quite often try to figure out where the critters were in the TV., going around to the back of the set to seek them out.
How she could make me laugh! And how I miss her antics!

felinefanatic
06-29-2004, 03:26 PM
:D :D Hi Heather, I really enjoyed reading about your extremly playful kitty Missy.What wonderful memories she has given you!:)

QueenScoopalot
06-29-2004, 05:33 PM
My ever so comical black siamese Chip is such a clown cat. He loves potty rolling....I'll be scooping the poop and he just can't wait to get in and start his chirping and rolling. He loves to race me upstairs too. I'll be heading up one set of stairs,and I'll hear Chip behind me with his pigeon cooing...then when I'm almost to the top he'll fly by me and gurgle as if to say I WON! I tell him all the time 'Chip...you cheat...you've got four legs'! He gives me this sweet look and gurgles GlurggggBrrOOWW! He's crazy, and I'm crazy about him! :D :p :D

Snickerslove
07-19-2004, 12:34 AM
i no this has nothing to do with the subject but how u sert a pic into ur Signature? u below the ________________________ line???

tictic
07-26-2004, 09:25 AM
Both Ken and Selphie loves to chase feet.:D

My Pee-chan loves to play Hide and Seek. That is so much fun. When he tries to catch me, I can't explain for the life of me how can I jump our bar in just one leap. LOL.