PDA

View Full Version : question

halliecat
03-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Just wondering? What the heck is a "meezer"? I know what a moggie is but not a meezer!

jazzcat
03-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Siamese cat.:)

jenluckenbach
03-11-2004, 05:25 PM
See, now I never knew what a moggie was (until recently) ;)

RedHedd
03-11-2004, 06:21 PM
LOL! Took me a while to figure that one out too -- meezer as in Sia-MESE :rolleyes: :D :p

halliecat
03-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the info everyone! ReddHedd your explanation is the best! Makes me want to say "Duh" :)

rg_girlca
03-11-2004, 11:44 PM
Okay, I have a question now.

What is a moggie?

sirrahbed
03-12-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Okay, I have a question now.

What is a moggie?

Yeah...What IS a moggie? DUH

catmandu
03-12-2004, 09:02 AM
A Moggie , is a Stray Cat ,in Great Britan , as a mongrel ,is a Stray Dog!

jazzcat
03-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I've always understood moggie to mean the same thing for a cat as mutt does for a dog.

sirrahbed
03-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Thanks Lori! I never heard that term! Guess I have three Moggies:D ...and RB Ernie was a part Meezer :D Well, Dylan *might* be a Maine Coon, but Moggie is fine by me.

ChrisH
03-13-2004, 07:15 AM
I hadn't heard of a meezer until I joined Pet Talk, and it took me a little while to figure it out too. :)

Moggie is commonly used over here for a mixed/unknown breed of cat as, like Catmandu wrote, mongrel is for a dog. Which after getting Ebby, becoming interested in, and learning about, cats, then passing information on to my grandaughter Dannielle, is causing more than a little confusion.

Ok, I hope I can explain clearly. We all know Tuxie, Tabby, Orangie, Tortie, etc are the names of coat patterns not breeds, but we tend to use them a lot in description, so to a 8 year old they may appear to be a breed of cat. I have explained to her, and she does understand but, as most, if not all, of the cats we come across are moggies, she/we do tend to call them by the coat pattens. Such as, 'Look a Tuxie', or 'Nian, is that a Tortie? And, about the kitten she may be having in a few weeks:

Danni. I want a Tuxie
Me. She may not have a Tuxie kitten
Danni. But she's a Tuxie, so she will.
.... I give up:D

And when it come to dogs .... in a place where most dogs are mongrels, it is very hard to answer 'What breed of dog is that, Nian?' :D :D

Not that any of it matters one little bit of course. :)