PDA

View Full Version : Fire in rescue farm

Corinna
03-11-2004, 12:08 PM
I posted this on the thursday forum ,but feel the need to do it here as well.
Freinds of mine run a private animal rescue farm and therapy program for troubled kids. Lee rescues all types of animal , and works with seveal area organaztions that treat kids with all kinds of problems . They bring the kids out for several hours a week to spend with the animals.
Well Tuesday afternoon they had a fire which took out the house and barn. (which also housed a private food bank for this small community) These folks have such big hearts all the money they make goes to the farm and animals so no insurance on the house.
Some folks on the thursday forum wanted to know how they could help as all the food went up in flames. The local bank has set up a fund for the animals.
First interstate bank, Critters for kids,
# 2 MAIN , KALISPELL,MT 59901

Luckely only one small house dog was lost. The local communitty has filled in for the family, so it's the animals that need help. It you feel that you would like to help any thing helps and would be apprecate by this terrific family.

RICHARD
03-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Thanks for posting this...

ramanth
03-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Should checks be made out to 'Critters for Kids'?

Corinna
03-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Yes or to the bank but it would be easier house keeping for them if made to Critters for kids. Thanks to all who are going to send something. I don't know if the bank will keep a list so that we can send thank yous > So from myself and the Gardners thanks . Mostly the animals say thanks. If any one wants to read the articles there were in the WWW.dailyinterlake.com the dates were 3/10 and 3/11 I'll try to put a link later as I'm off with another friend to try and get a used moble home donated to them. so they can be close to the animals .

Corinna
03-11-2004, 08:14 PM
:rolleyes: