PDA

View Full Version : Homeowners Insurance

rip93
03-11-2004, 09:15 AM
I am getting a bit concerned about insurance for the home since I picked up my German Sheperd. I have read numerous post about people having problems Getting insurance for there homes because of the German Sheperd. Anybody here have any issues getting insurance? Can you recommend any providers that wouldn't have a problem with GSD's. He isn't registered wiht the akc. I was thinking I could tell my current insurance provider he is a mut if the question ever came up. Thanks.

rip93
03-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Bump

trayi52
03-11-2004, 08:37 PM
Here in Tennessee, they always ask if you have a dog of any kind that might bite somebody. Seems like they hate Rottweilers and Dobermans here. I guess it could make your insurance go up alot.

Our homeowners insurance is so expensive! I can't remember who we have it with either. I don't even know if it is because we own a Rottweiler. I think the reason that our insurance is so high, is because there have been so many fires in our neighborhood. Seems we have a firebug running around setting fires to houses and even a church that is right up the road from us! So that doesn't help our insurance out any.

Otherwise I just don't know what to tell you. Sorry I couldn't help you.

Willie

wolfie
03-11-2004, 10:25 PM
State Farm doesn't discriminate by breed. Here's a thread from a few weeks ago that might help:

Good dogs, bad dogs and homeowners policies (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=44442)

trayi52
03-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Thanks Wolfie, I might try that myself. Of course if we could get rid of dern firebug...