PDA

View Full Version : There seems to be a misunderstanding...

Tonya
03-11-2004, 06:52 AM
There seems to be a misunderstanding on what a water bowl is for. Sarah seems to think that we place them out for her leisure. She has a tiny water bowl (a teacup) in her crate. She dumps that over and then plays in the water. And then yesterday, she got into the big dog's bowl. All four legs were in it and she was splashing and playing. It made a huge mess, but it was so cute! I wish I'd had the camera ready. I was able to catch an aftershot of her soaking wet paws though.

Anyways, do you think one of those water bottles for rabbits would work in her crate?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/p3190e48743e6d2ad976d9b0bf54f2c37/f9607298.jpg

wolfie
03-11-2004, 06:58 AM
Aww! Silly Sarah! :D

I don't see why you couldn't use a water bottle. They actually sell water bottles for dogs (big ones - but since Sarah is so little a rabbit one might work. :))

lute
03-11-2004, 08:42 AM
aw.that's so cute!
my pom would rather lay in the deasert then even be close to water!

robinh
03-11-2004, 09:49 AM
I had one of those upside down bottles in Molly's crate when she was little and it worked great. I had to show her how it worked but once she figured it out, she was fine.

Kirby likes to smack the water in the dish with his front feet - still. Drives me crazy.

ramanth
03-11-2004, 11:18 AM
I'd say give it a try! My Grandma used a water bottle in her small dogs crate. :)

jenfer
03-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by robinh
I had one of those upside down bottles in Molly's crate when she was little and it worked great.

Chilli (not Gigi) has been using one for years, it works great for her. Gigi just use a plain water bowl.

Cincy'sMom
03-11-2004, 03:55 PM
What a goof :)

My friend had a simliar problem with her cocker puppy. She found a bowl at Petco that could attached to the side of the crate so she couldn't knock it over.

My Peanuts
03-11-2004, 03:59 PM
HA HA HA! That is so funny! I have never used a water bottle, but I have heard they work well.

Lissa
03-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Layla 'digs' in her water bowl till there's no water left and then rolls in it. Then she jumps in bed with me soaking wet. :rolleyes:

K9soul
03-11-2004, 09:11 PM
That's so cute.

My Willie used to stick half his snout into the water whenever he drank, and every time he lifted his head, rivers of water would dribble out all over the floor :D.

Tonya
03-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Lissa
Layla 'digs' in her water bowl till there's no water left and then rolls in it. Then she jumps in bed with me soaking wet. :rolleyes:

That is exactly what she does! And Teddy used to do that too.

RobiLee
03-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Hehehe....she is so cute! Thats too funny. Katie always played in her water when she was a pup too. Of course she was a big pup and always made a big mess!! I'm so glad she no longer does that. Katie has a water bottle in her crate and has no problem with it. It is one of the best things I bought for her and cheap too. Now I don't have to take up any space in her crate for a water bowl.

Sarah is just adorable. More pictures please!

Robin :)