PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is the PRETTIEST dog

SuperLab123
03-10-2004, 09:37 PM
what type of dog do you think is the prettiest.. not nesesarily the best or smartest or friendliest just the prettiest! thanks for voting!:D

GoldenRetrLuver
03-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Every person is going to have their own opinion.

BCBlondie
03-10-2004, 10:12 PM
I tend to like herding dogs and herding dog mixes (such as gsd mixes that are longhaired, border collie mixes, corgi and aussie mixes, etc). But I've seen gorgeous huskies, dobermans, etc. It really depends on the dog though and it depends on what the person likes. I don't think there is a prettiest dog though because each person has his or her own likes, so in their eyes their dog is the prettiest but other people like their own dogs. :)

SuperLab123
03-10-2004, 10:15 PM
yes, i agree, but i wanted to get an opinion, every dog is truly beautiful!:D

GoldenRetrLuver
03-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by SuperLab123
yes, i agree, but i wanted to get an opinion, every dog is truly beautiful!:D

Oops, I didn't mean to come off snappy. I'm sorry if I did. :)

Karen
03-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Here at Pet Talk, we know every pet is special. What might be beautiful to one person might be unattractive to another, but we know each and every pet is the most beautiful to his or her owners!

Kfamr
03-11-2004, 05:02 AM
If we're going by looks only, from the poll I voted Mutts.
Pit Bulls rate right up there with mutts, for me.
But -- I could careless what the dog looked like, as long as it's got a good personality :)

Tonya
03-11-2004, 07:02 AM
I vote Huskys as the Prettiest. Poms are the cutest. And Weimreiners the most stunning. :D

Pam
03-11-2004, 07:09 AM
POODLES! :cool: :p

Lissa
03-11-2004, 11:15 AM
I voted other. There is no way I could ever pick! Like BCBlondie I too tend to like herding dogs and herding dog mixes but then there are rotties and dobbies, greyhounds, great dane, great swiss mountian dogs...I could go on for ever! :D How am I ever going to decide on just one dog for my next one...I might just have to get a couple :rolleyes:

K9soul
03-11-2004, 11:43 AM
I had to vote other too, because so many dogs have hit me as just beautiful, of all different mixes and breeds, and I just can't pick one that would be the all-most beautiful breed or type :)

Also I'd rate huskies as one of the breeds that more often strike me as beautiful, but you stuck them with chows, and I don't always like how chows look as much :p. I think chow mixes are often prettier than purebreds, and I like how the females look more than the males with their really bulky faces. Just personal preference though.

Often it also depends on the situation. Some of the pictures I take of my dogs, Tommy will stand out to me in his beauty, and other pictures, Tasha will stand out to me more. It just depends on expressions and so on. I just could never choose only one!

My Peanuts
03-11-2004, 12:25 PM
I'd love to vote for a little dog because that's what I've always had. Harley is 24 lbs and he is the biggest dog I've ever owned. That being said, I had to vote for the Huskies! I think they are all beautiful, but Nebo is the best looking dog I have ever seen! :D

tikeyas_mom
03-11-2004, 12:31 PM
i had to vote for Husky, because I find siberian huskies to be the most beautful dogs in the world i just love them, and their graceful loving nature. they are great dogs.

ParNone
03-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Based on using the word "pretty", the only one on your list that comes close to me is poodle or other, because that word brings to mind your more phu phu dogs. Now if you'd used "cute", I'd have said scruffy terrier or scruffy mutt. For "elegant", I would have gone for something like Afghan Hound or Whippet. For "gorgeous", Huskies or Collies. For "so odd, they're cute", Bulldogs or Bull Terriers. For "handsome", Labs or Goldens. For that "Mr. Universe look" Great Danes or Pit Bulls. And I could go on, but I won't. :)

Par...

K9soul
03-11-2004, 02:57 PM
That's very well put Par, and I guess actually kind of what I was trying to say hehe. Tommy's loving gaze can tug at me sometimes, whereas Tasha's sleek running or cute little sleepy furball tug at me other times. Shepherds and huskies are striking in their resemblence of wolves, which I think are beautiful creatures, but there are so many different nuances to mean "attractive" or 'good looking' :D

primabella
03-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Very well put Par. :) I ditto that.

wolf_Q
03-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
I'd love to vote for a little dog because that's what I've always had. Harley is 24 lbs and he is the biggest dog I've ever owned. That being said, I had to vote for the Huskies! I think they are all beautiful, but Nebo is the best looking dog I have ever seen! :D

Awww thanks! :D

It's not hard to know my answer, I'm obsessed with siberian huskies. There's many dogs besides huskies I find absolutely gorgeous though!

Amber
03-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by ParNone
Based on using the word "pretty", the only one on your list that comes close to me is poodle or other, because that word brings to mind your more phu phu dogs. Now if you'd used "cute", I'd have said scruffy terrier or scruffy mutt. For "elegant", I would have gone for something like Afghan Hound or Whippet. For "gorgeous", Huskies or Collies. For "so odd, they're cute", Bulldogs or Bull Terriers. For "handsome", Labs or Goldens. For that "Mr. Universe look" Great Danes or Pit Bulls. And I could go on, but I won't. :)

Par...

DITTO!

all dogs are beautiful

binka_nugget
03-11-2004, 05:52 PM
I have an obsession with long coats but Pits also just "WOW" me. My top choice is, obviously, the sheltie. I just love the colors, the fluffyness, those gorgeous eyes and everything else about them. :D

*LabLoverKEB*
03-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Golden retrievers

Every breed of dog is beautiful! :)

Dog1,Cats2
03-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Gotta agree, there's lots of pretty dogs - and each one is beautiful in their own way. How about my favorite, the American Eskimo dog???? My Sascha sure is a cutie - and since there's so many answers mentioning Huskies; she's kind of like a little white Huskie!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p2a50bcb119353867e4cce2a54dffc79f/f9d93a65.jpg

Freckles
03-11-2004, 06:49 PM
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel:)

dukedogsmom
03-11-2004, 08:33 PM
I have a fondness for the good old mixed dogs. Duke is German Shepherd/Chow. If I really had to choose, I'd choose German Shepherd.

Moose
03-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Wow...this is a tough one. As others have said, there are so many...any my choice in a dog is not based on their looks.

However...you did ask. ;)

I absolutely love any type of mutt...but I'm a real sucker for any type of Husky mix...especially Shepherd/Husky mixes. Ah...gorgeous. :eek:

RobiLee
03-11-2004, 10:33 PM
This one is just too tough. I couldn't vote. I just can't pick one breed. I am completely fascinated by all dogs and their looks.

Robin :)

guster girl
03-13-2004, 08:31 PM
I think Afghan Hounds are some of the prettiest dogs. :) And, maybe Irish Setters.

Desert Arabian
03-13-2004, 09:23 PM
Prettiest dog= Silver Labrador CLICK HERE (http://www.silverlabs.com/)

anna_66
03-15-2004, 08:34 PM
I voted of course for chow/husky (how could I not:p).

But of course I think that many of them are pretty, even my Angus boy is pretty (in my eyes).

Now if we were talking about puppies, for some reason I have a passion for chocolate labs!