PDA

View Full Version : For those of you in school...

catnapper
03-10-2004, 08:06 PM
We found this great website where you can go in and give your teachers a grade... be nice about what you say:)

My husband is a teacher and has heard that administration (pricipals and super-intendants) actually check out this site when they are looking to hire new teachers from other school districts. We went and checked it out (my husband has an excellent rating :) ) and rated several of our kid's teachers. We made sure we gave a ton of teachers good grades who deserve them.

Click on the link below:
rate my teachers (http://ratemyteachers.com/index.jsp)

G.P.girl
03-10-2004, 08:45 PM
whoa! that's cool! i rated my teachers!

Cookiebaker
03-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Wow! Cool Website!

This led me to look for the webpage for "my" highschool. It's so sad!! :( It's only been 10 years since I graduated, and yet there are only 10 teachers left that were there when I was there. All the rest (about 100) are all new.

Moose
03-10-2004, 09:03 PM
What an awesome website! I went to the page for my high school...jeez, it made me feel so old. lol. I rated all the teachers I had...and liked. ;):p

Kfamr
03-10-2004, 09:08 PM
-Grins-

GoldenRetrLuver
03-10-2004, 10:57 PM
Awesome! :D

popcornbird
03-10-2004, 11:00 PM
I love that website! My brother told me about it. He always looks at teacher ratings (I think on that website) before he registers for classes at his university. :p He tries his best to avoid bad teachers. :p

bluekat
03-11-2004, 03:48 PM
LOL, I found out about that site a few weeks ago on the news:p The school boards want to ban it or something lol. But I went and rated my teachers, its such a cool site!:D

catnapper
03-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
LOL, I found out about that site a few weeks ago on the news:p The school boards want to ban it or something lol. But I went and rated my teachers, its such a cool site!:D
Yup the schools want to ban it because they aren't comfortable with kids rating their teachers... if a kid really has it out for a particular teacher, they could really ruin his/her reputation. But I think for the most part, the students are accurate and fair in grading them... or at least as fair as the teacher is to them!:D

We went and graded all of my kids teachers and basically BLASTED two of them that have tormented my kids from day one. Funny thing is that they got the same reviews from other kids, so it doesn't matter... the truth is the truth and the teacher's reputation gets out one way or another.

Kfamr
03-11-2004, 04:26 PM
I think it's a good site. I've noticed most of the rotten teachers have gotten low ratings. There's nothing I've seen in the comments that I haven't already heard in school, or experienced with the teacher myself.

Amber
03-11-2004, 05:37 PM
Thats Cool!

binka_nugget
03-11-2004, 06:14 PM
I LOVE that site!

Of all the ratings I've read about my current teachers, they seemed accurate. Generally, everyone thinks of certain teachers the same way.

Last year, our gym teacher said that he saw the site and noticed that someone commented on how little we ran. So the next day, he gave us an extremely long run just because of that. It sucked but the comment was accurate.