PDA

View Full Version : I/we don't have that here!!!!

RICHARD
03-10-2004, 06:19 PM
I have an idea for a thread.......

I am just tossing this out to see if it is a good idea.....

Miss Meow has just asked about ranch dressing again......It's not her fault....It's us rude Americans keeping all the good stuff to ourselves..

But my question is...
Would anyone be interested in particpating in a
Human/Pet Treat Exchange?????

There are so many great foods out there (We have to limit this to powdered/freeze dried or boxed non perishables).

My idea is to begin a package with a food item that someone is interested in..In the package would be a notebook where you can record your thoughts, paste a pic of you or you cats enjoying your treats and ????

It would be sent to one person at a time and if you know of something that you are interested in you can post a message about it.....

I know that some people have shown an interest in a vitamin paste that is available in Europe...Ranch dressing in Oz.....

Thoughts???

Rottieluver45
03-10-2004, 07:34 PM
That sounds interesting!
So...it would be like a chain letter-except with food?!

So say I want cheez its, someonewould send me cheez its and i would send a picture of me eating them and something that someone else want and that they dont have and hey`d do the same thing as I did?

Is that right?

lbaker
03-10-2004, 07:42 PM
ewww, you actually WANT Cheez-its? How about Velveeta? ewww Good for fur-kid pills maybe. Want American? How about Scrapple? But don't send back Haggis please. Uh Oh, may be getting trouble here... again. DANG! Oh Richard, you get me in soooo much trouble when I'm in a weird mood :eek:

Rottieluver45
03-10-2004, 07:49 PM
I LOVE Cheez-its!!! Mmmmmmmmm!

dukedogsmom
03-10-2004, 07:53 PM
I want Irn Brew from England. That's one tasty soda. So different.

Cincy'sMom
03-10-2004, 09:19 PM
What an interesting idea!!! My not sure how all the logistics may work out...running out of something as it is passed out, long delays between stops, as life sometimes get busy...but definatly worth thinking about!!

catnapper
03-10-2004, 09:30 PM
We can get TastyKakes and fresh-from-the-factory Hershey's chocolate... believe me, there is a huge difference when its fresh:D We also can get honest-to-goodness Amish Shoofly pie.

I am addicted to tea - both hot and iced - and have always wondered what real English tea tastes like.

My husband wants to know how someone from Scotland could send fresh fish and chips... complete with newspaper.:) He had some when stationed over there in the Navy and would love more.

PJ's Mom
03-10-2004, 10:15 PM
I want real Australian vegemite. :D

Miss Meow
03-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Sounds like fun!

I am drooling over the memories of Nomilynn's Candian dill pickle chips right now! :)

This could be a goer, especially if we use lighter items. The postage on cans and big jars adds up very quickly.

Ugh, who mentioned haggis? Can I not pair up with you please? :D ;)

I don't have to eat the pet treats, do I? ;)

Nomilynn
03-10-2004, 10:17 PM
I need Amy to send me some apple beer from Utah :p

Catnapper - I would be happy to send you some Good Host Iced Tea. It tastes nothing like regular tea.. it's WAY better. I could also send you some Murchies Tea, which is the VERY best and the only kind the Queen will drink when she visits Victoria (I don't know if that's true, but it sounds good :p)

Nomilynn
03-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Sounds like fun!

I am drooling over the memories of Nomilynn's Candian dill pickle chips right now! :)

Hehehe.. you need some more!!! :D

My dad LOVED the licorice, by the way :)

Karen
03-10-2004, 11:16 PM
I had one bite of Haggis when I was in Scotland - it wasn't bad. I was visiting my former boss and his wife, and we went out to eat - I think she got haggis purposefully so I could try a bite! :) Can't think of anything from some other part of the world I'm particularly hanking for, but it's just begun maple season here - there will be maple sugar candy available in stores a little while, but it's only for a little while, too! What with Fedex and all the Just-in-time economic forces at work, and iving in an ethnically mixed urban-ish area, I have a wide varety of food choices available!

RICHARD
03-11-2004, 02:28 PM
lol,

The basic premise is a food and a animal treat...
something small and not too heavy....

I was thinking requests would be neat, but the tea sounded like a good idea..

OR,

We could start the thread and just have people sign up for it in turn......The treats would be a mystery...That would be fun....candy, like Karen's
maple sugar candies sound great!!!!

More thoughts??

Miss Meow
03-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Sounds fun to me :)

How about someone mentions a food they like or haven't tried, and someone responds that they can do it? They do a swap.

So, for example, I could send PJ's Mom some Vegemite (you sick puppy ;)) and she could send me something.

Surprises could be fun too. Someone could say they're a chocoholic, and someone else sends them a surprise pack of local goodies :)

etc etc

Cincy'sMom
03-11-2004, 04:07 PM
I think it sounds like fun, but I do think a one on one swap, or a swap like the gift exchange is done would work best. I may have misread, but I thought the original idea was to have the same material continously circulate, and that was where i wasn;'t sure they logistics would work out...

We have lots of local Ohio stuff that I'm not sure can be purchased other places...Tony Pacos (made famous by Klinger on MASH), Dietsch's chocolate, Skyline Chili.....

RICHARD
03-11-2004, 05:39 PM
lolololol,

I am sorry, I tells jokes better than explain concepts....

The first plan would be to start with a package... example, tea and a small pack of animal treats......sent with a spiral bound book....

The recipient would enjoy their treats and send it to the NEXT person with a different set of treats in the package.....after recording a note or a picture of them or the pets enjoying the treat....

That way the cost is kept small, the package is kept moving and we all get a chance to experience different things......

Now if there might be something that someone hears about and is interested in they could PM or make arrangements to make a swap outside the project.

That way we can keep the shipping costs down and the notebook going.......

CM,

The original PT Gift swap is a good idea...I was just looking for a twist on that project, something that people would look forward to and by keeping it low cost and low tech a little bit of fun for the people in the 'string'..

Fox-Gal
03-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Skyline Chili.....

Oh yes, Skyline Chili!!!!! :D :D I haven't had that in years. I use to live outside Kenwood Ohio, and loved Skyline Chili. Every time I go back, we always stop and get it. They do sell it here but it's frozen. :p :mad: But Skyline Chili wouldn't be a good item to ship.

I like the idea of this, I just hope, if it works that everyone does their part, it would only take one person to mess the whole thing up. :( It would be fun to see how many states, countrys this one package goes to.

One ? , what happens to the note book once it reaches the last person?

wolf_Q
03-11-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
I need Amy to send me some apple beer from Utah :p

Hey, that I can do...;) Course it only comes in either glass bottles or cans, so I hope it would break or explode! :eek:

I may have to get some more interesting Canadian chips. ;) I've only found one brand of dill pickle chips that compares, the rest are not very good!

If anyone likes Hot Cocoa, there's a great brand of gormet hot cocoa that's made in Utah, Stephen's.

Pink/fry sauce is the only other thing I can think of...hmm...Idaho Spuds candy bar too. Nothing very exciting here!

My brother gave me some chocolate from Switzerland sometime, I'd love some more of that! mmmmm

Rottieluver45
03-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Chocolate!!!

I think I`m getting it now and it sounds like a great idea! When can we start? :D

dukedogsmom
03-11-2004, 08:25 PM
I think it would be fun to have one person to send stuff to. I could send someone some freshly made citrus candy. There's a place in my town that makes it daily. It's fun to go there for samples :)

PJ's Mom
03-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Does this mean I don't get my real Aussie vegemite? :(

:D

Moose
03-11-2004, 10:39 PM
That sounds like an awesome idea! I love it!! :D

AmberLee
03-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Sounds like fun. Count me in.

lbaker
03-12-2004, 06:44 AM
What do we do with the spiral notebook? Why put it on display at Thursday's of course! We could also send it along to a few of the PetTalkMeetings for others to sign and enjoy! Maybe? My Maryland is most famous for crabcakes but they don't ship well. Lots of other goodies though.... surprizes are F-U-N :D There was a book that was getting passed around not long ago (I last loaned to WolfLady at the LA bar-b-que) that everybody signed before passing it along again. It was called "Pack of Two". WolfLady, do you still have it or have you handed off?

catnapper
03-12-2004, 06:53 AM
I love this idea and have been sitting on the edge of my seat ever since I heard I could possibly get authentic English Tea.

I honestly don't know what I could send... I live in an area where there's a lot of interesting things. I can't tell you how many times a factory or store here has been shown on the Food Network on one of their shows as a "place to be"

gini
03-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom

http://jenn.aurdev.com/vegedance.html

Maybe this will cheer you up and perhaps Miss Meow or The Captain can oblige you with a nice jar of vegemite.

(nice being a relative term).

Corinna
03-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Richard sign me up for The world famous wild huckleberry treats from Glacier Park.
We have just about any thing you can imagine chocolates , bbq sause , honey, and not ediable but soaps.
This sounds like a Flat Jack type of thing, maybe we could each send along a pic of our crews along with it.
sounds like lot of fun. you could make the list and e-mail it to each person as we do for X-mas cards. that would make the sending list easier for every one.

PJ's Mom
03-12-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by gini
http://jenn.aurdev.com/vegedance.html

Maybe this will cheer you up and perhaps Miss Meow or The Captain can oblige you with a nice jar of vegemite.

(nice being a relative term).

Haha! That's cute. Thanks. :D

Felicia's Mom
03-12-2004, 11:03 AM
This sounds like fun.

Do you want food from here that is not sent to other places? Is there a way to find out what that is. As far as I know, everything grown or made here is shipped elsewhere.

RICHARD
03-12-2004, 12:07 PM
lol,

I think we have to sit down and think about the BEST way to do this.....

Either a chain letter or

Have people put down what they would like to receive and somehow figure out a way to accomodate
everyone!!

Fox-Gal
03-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
What do we do with the spiral notebook? Why put it on display at Thursday's of course! We could also send it along to a few of the PetTalkMeetings for others to sign and enjoy! Maybe?

That sounds like a good idea.

I was thinking that maybe when the whole thing is over with, the book should be sent to Karen and Paul as the founders of P.T. Just for them to have as a "legacy" of P.T. and all the people they brought toghter. Just a thought. It just seem someone special should have the final book.

Cincy'sMom
03-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
Oh yes, Skyline Chili!!!!! :D :D I haven't had that in years. I use to live outside Kenwood Ohio, and loved Skyline Chili. Every time I go back, we always stop and get it. They do sell it here but it's frozen. :p :mad: But Skyline Chili wouldn't be a good item to ship.

Unfirtauntly, freah from the store wouldn't ship well...but it does come in cans here too. Not quite the same, but we live about 2 hours away from the closest resteraunt, so it works for us :)

Miss Meow
03-14-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom

PM me your address, and I'll happily send a jar. One less jar here, the better ;) :D

PJ's Mom
03-14-2004, 02:36 PM
PM me your address, and I'll happily send a jar. One less jar here, the better ;) :D

Really? I'd be happy to pay you for the postage!! :D

Thanks! :D

slleipnir
03-14-2004, 02:46 PM

You guys don't have dill pickle chips?? Or just the brand? If so, what brand? :p

captain
03-15-2004, 08:07 PM
PJ's Mum - maybe gini could "share" it with you.
I LIKE Vegemite ............ :D

:p - I know of gini's UNDYING LOVE (read HATE) of Vegemite.

Count me in - happy to work with the Devine Miss Meow!

Miss Meow
03-15-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
You guys don't have dill pickle chips?? Or just the brand? If so, what brand? :p

I can't remember {blush}. They got eaten too quickly! Big white bag with green pickles on them, something with Dutch in it???

Michelle, good to see you back! Glad you have some computer time before evil forces send you to sandgroper and crow territories ;) Let me know if you are stopping at the Haigh's factory in AdahLOIDE :)

NoahsMommy
03-16-2004, 12:38 AM
Sounds fun to me :)

How about someone mentions a food they like or haven't tried, and someone responds that they can do it? They do a swap.

So, for example, I could send PJ's Mom some Vegemite (you sick puppy ;)) and she could send me something.

Surprises could be fun too. Someone could say they're a chocoholic, and someone else sends them a surprise pack of local goodies :)

etc etc
I like this idea! It sounds fun!!!

Does it have to be food? What about something your state/county is known for?

Corinna
03-16-2004, 09:45 AM
well Richard since you came up with the idea ,sounds like your in charge . When can we start ?

gini
03-16-2004, 10:53 AM
I'm not on this thread for a day or two and you have me sharing vegemite with Miss Meow and PJ"s Mom. Did I ask for vegemite?

GAG!

Thanks, Michelle - stirring up trouble again eh?

;)

RICHARD
03-16-2004, 11:40 AM
After further review.....I think that we can run this this way....

Since it will take too long to circulate a notebook, Maybe we can just have people pair off with their food requests...That way everyone gets instant gratification and everyone gets what they want and we can post our thoughts immediately.

If you crave something, or can fill someone's order.......let the person know and make arrangements!

lbaker
03-16-2004, 11:53 AM
"instant gratification" .... now you're singing my kind of song :D

RICHARD
03-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Miss Meow...

I guess I will start off this project by sending you some Ranch Dressing...

I want to warn you...You will be getting an envelope with white powder in it......

Not anthrax-just ranch dressing!:rolleyes:

And do you have Temptations over there?

lbaker
03-20-2004, 05:46 AM
Temptations? Aren't they from MoTown?? Anyone like smoked oysters? New Aulins chickory coffee?

PayItForward
03-20-2004, 05:53 AM
I'll send the English Tea to Catnapper

lynnestankard
03-20-2004, 08:32 AM
This sounds fun!

I'll send Catnapper's hubby his Fish and Chips - sorry not from Scotland - but from the best place - the north of England!!

Did I hear Dill Pickles - oh I'm drooling here - I still have beautiful dreams of the ones Naomie sent - and we still don't get them here either.

Good idea Richard.

Lynne

Nomilynn
03-20-2004, 08:16 PM
the chippy "brand" is Old Dutch. I sent Amy (Wolf_Q) dill pickle and ketchup ones. Apparently she had a hard time making them last too ;)

dukedogsmom
03-20-2004, 08:22 PM
How about everyone make their wish list of what they would like and we all could send to different people? We would have to make sure no one got left out, though.

Felicia's Mom
03-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Where do we send our wish list? What is the limit (both in price and size)? Does it have to be made here?

Aspen and Misty
03-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Middles Worth BQ chips! Only PA has them and they are the BEST!!! I love them, mmm mmm!! If you've never had them, you NEED TO!!

LOL,
Ash :D

Miss Meow
03-21-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Miss Meow...

I guess I will start off this project by sending you some Ranch Dressing...

I want to warn you...You will be getting an envelope with white powder in it......

Not anthrax-just ranch dressing!:rolleyes:

And do you have Temptations over there?

Richard, I specifically put anthrax on my wish list. Can you please label both white powders separately? ;)

Your offer of ranch is gratefully accepted :) We don't have Temptations here, whatever they may be! Is there anything on your wish list from Oz?

I'm sending some Vegemite and other treats to PJ's Mom :)

Felicia's Mom
03-21-2004, 02:32 PM
??:confused:

Barbara
03-21-2004, 02:38 PM
I would like to participate and I can put in the world famous Gimpet paste for cats- but I still don't have any idea how it should work!;)

gini
03-22-2004, 12:00 AM
Richard and I are both from California - so ask away! Is there anything specifically from Southern California that you are just dying to have? We will try our darndest - but it is a little difficult to ship movie stars - you can understand how difficult they can be!

I am up for any exchange - it should be a lot of fun.

Miss Meow is shipping Vegemite over here......oh no!!

Barbara
03-22-2004, 02:38 AM
Nobody here will ask you to send Arnie back:D :D :D

RICHARD
03-22-2004, 11:25 AM
Well,
Let's see what everyone likes or wants,
post what you would like to receive.....

and let's work on it as we go along...

We can match people up as we go along!!

Cincy'sMom
03-22-2004, 04:46 PM
Anyone in Tenneesse willing to send me Corky's BBQ sauce?

Corinna
03-22-2004, 05:26 PM
I want either sanfransico sourdough or alaska sourdough the really really sour stuff.

RICHARD
03-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
I want either sanfransico sourdough or alaska sourdough the really really sour stuff.

Mix or fresh???
--------------------------

Barbara,

I am willing to trade some Temptations for some
vitamin paste!

Interested?
---------------------------

Anyone from Tennessee??

------------------------

Felicia's Mom,

I am sorry about the confusion...I wanted to start this out as a chain letter but...........

I think that the best way to do this is post something that you like, want to share or think that you would like to have sent to you....

I know that certain requests can't be filled because of locale, weight, or availibility...
But there are some things- chips, small canned foods, small food items that can shipped without fear of breakage, spoiling, etc....not everyone's wish will be filled and not everyone's offer will be taken up.

But I think if we all keep posting and looking at what there is to be offered, we can make this work!

It will just take some time, effort and a little work on everyone's part!!!

I think about 15-20 bucks should just about do it.
and a 2-3 pound limit (1-1.5 kilos) should be fine.

Corinna
03-23-2004, 04:40 PM
fresh loaf of course

RICHARD
03-23-2004, 05:13 PM
I think we have a way to make this work....

Bartering....

Miss Meow wanted to send me some chocolate in exchange for her treats.....

I am willing to have my chocolate sent to PJ's mom
along with the Vegemite, So if PJ's mom wants to post something she has or is willing to send someone we can move along......

--------

Nomi and Lynne,

Hold that thought for a second!

RICHARD
03-23-2004, 05:15 PM

--------

Nomi and Lynne,

Hold that thought for a second!

Nomi,

If you send Lynne those chips and Lynne gets Catnapper some tea.........

Karen
03-23-2004, 05:25 PM
What can I send where? ;)

RICHARD
03-23-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Karen
What can I send where? ;)

Karen,
If i remember correctly yours was Maple Sugar Candy?

Catnapper, Corrina and Cincy's Mom, Barbara, Gini and Felicia's Mom...

DukeDogsMom and Aspen and Misty....

If you all see something or want to offer something up...........:)

We can do this!!

trayi52
03-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Cincy'sMom,
Next time I go to the store I will look for the Corky's BBQ sauce, and see if I can get it here in this little one horse town.

Willie

catnapper
03-23-2004, 07:26 PM
I'm really looking forward to real English tea! I don;t know what someone would want from my area, but we certainly have lots of great things to eat.

Cincy'sMom
03-23-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Cincy'sMom,
Next time I go to the store I will look for the Corky's BBQ sauce, and see if I can get it here in this little one horse town.

Willie

Thanks Willie! I have only bought it at the resteraunts in Memphis and Nashville, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is at the grocery store!!!

Probablly the most local things I can offer are Tony Paco's Hot dog sauce, or pickles and peppers, Dietsch's chocolate, Ballerich's potato chips or some dog treats from the local bakery...

Nomilynn
03-24-2004, 12:56 AM
I can send some chips to Lynne again :D It won't be until a couple weeks though - I'm really REALLY busy for the next little while.

I do have a problem though.. I can't think of anything I would like :confused: Anyone have any suggestions about a signature item from their areas? I don't like spicy, I like chocolates, I LOVE tea and hot chocolate, so there's a couple ideas :)

Barbara
03-24-2004, 02:58 AM
Richard: Temptations against vitamin paste would be great. (I hope California allows the import of any stuff that can be eaten);)

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 03:14 AM
There's always nifty stuff here in the Southwest. Prickly pear jam, candy etc. Jalapeno candy. chili fixins. Stuff like that... So that may be an option for someone. :)

lynnestankard
03-24-2004, 04:18 AM
If Naomi is sending me some more dill chips can I send her some gorgeous chocolate? If that's a goer - do you prefer milk chocolate or plain (dark) chocolate Naomi? Or maybe some of each? :) :) :)

Lynne

Miss Meow
03-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by heinz57_79
There's always nifty stuff here in the Southwest. Prickly pear jam, candy etc. Jalapeno candy. chili fixins. Stuff like that... So that may be an option for someone. :)

I am the world's biggest chilli-head (no comments, Richard ;)). Can we do a swap? :)

Is there anything you'd like?

Naomi, I'll be hitting you up for a chip vs licorice swap in a few weeks if you're interested!!! :D

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 02:41 PM
If you like chili, there's a company out here that makes a "kit" called "Ass Kickin' Chili Fixins" It's got all the seasonings n stuff in a nifty little pouch. DAMN good chili! hehe I'd be totally willing to do a swap... I'm trying to think what my aussie friend's mom used to make that I loved and I'm drawing a blank. I've got a bit of a sweet tooth... any suggestions? :)

lbaker
03-24-2004, 02:43 PM
OH MY, HOORAY I just thought of something rather local that would be perfect for anyone that likes home-made caramels!! Valati's Caramels come in vanilla or chocolate, with or without nuts, chewy or hard (the hard aren't really hard, they sort of crumble in your mouth and are a personal favorite of mine). They also come in a mixed box, a bit of everything. Oh joy, oh rapture... just the very thought makes my eyes glaze over ;)

Karen
03-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Karen,
If i remember correctly yours was Maple Sugar Candy?

Catnapper, Corrina and Cincy's Mom, Barbara, Gini and Felicia's Mom...

DukeDogsMom and Aspen and Misty....

If you all see something or want to offer something up...........:)

We can do this!!

Okay, when it begins to appear in stores - should be any day now, as this IS sugaring season - I'll ship some out. Who wants some? It's swweeeeeettt!

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 03:01 PM
Mmmmmm.... caramels............ :p **drrrroooolllllll**

dukedogsmom
03-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Heinz57......I would love some prickly pear jelly! And if you've got a sweet tooth, how would you like some freshly made citrus candy? It is so good! We need to have someone make a list of our names and what we have to offer. It's too hard to remember who has what:p Who would be willing to take up that task? I could do it Friday night if everyone wants to pm me with what they have to offer. And, some maple candy sounds good as well.

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 03:31 PM
I don't think I've ever had citrus candy.... sounds interesting... :) And it sounds like I may have to make a run to the Chili Co. to fulfil a shopping list. hehehe

Miss Meow
03-24-2004, 03:39 PM
... I've got a bit of a sweet tooth... any suggestions? :)

I can do chocolate treats like Violet Crumbles, Kit Kats, Freddo Frogs, Maltesers, Natural Lolly Co Sour Snakes, and you can't live without having eaten a Polly Waffle ;)

Gosh, maple sugar and citrus candy sound divine, too!

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Ooooh... i remember violet crumbles... i LOOOOOVE violet crumbles!! But what the heck is a polly waffle???? lol

heinz57_79
03-24-2004, 04:20 PM
i could go for maple candy too... I've always loved that stuff!

trayi52
03-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Cincy'sMom, I think I have found some of the Corky's Barb B Q sauce!! I'll let you know, have to go to the particular store in a nearby town. I will keep you informed!

Willie:)

Felicia's Mom
03-24-2004, 08:17 PM
I agree with dukedogsmom that we should have lists. Both of what we want and what everyone has in their area.

catnapper
03-24-2004, 09:01 PM
I've been wracking my brain, and all I can come up with is the following:
*Zerbee's burnt potato chips (I am not a chip kinda gal but LOVE these.)
*Dieffendorf's potato chips (my hubby's friends in South Carolina devour these.)
*Unique pretzels (these are very yummy hard pretzels and come in all sorts of different flavors and the traitional flavor)

I'd love to send an authentic Philly cheese steak but they wouldn't ship too well;)

Cincy'sMom
03-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Cincy'sMom, I think I have found some of the Corky's Barb B Q sauce!! I'll let you know, have to go to the particular store in a nearby town. I will keep you informed!

Thanks Willie!! I'm patiently waiting to hear!!!

RICHARD
03-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Felicia's Mom
I agree with dukedogsmom that we should have lists. Both of what we want and what everyone has in their area.

Cool...

Sorry about the the confusion.....

lynnestankard
03-25-2004, 12:06 PM
[i]............. and you can't live without having eaten a Polly Waffle ;) [/B]

.....marches off - stage right - singing 'Polly waffle doodle all the day.......... :eek: :o

Lynne

aly
03-25-2004, 12:26 PM
Hehe, I was reading opinions at this site on Polly Waffles since I had never heard of them. Pretty funny....

http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/aaasmt/index.php/url_indprod?ltrev=10&xlc=94

lbaker
03-25-2004, 01:04 PM
OK, here goes.... I would love some realllllly good, somewhat unique B-B-Q sauce (meaning not your garden variety chain grocery store stuff you see) now that it's gittin to be spring and cookout season. I have amazing caramels to pass along. Heinz57_79 - you like caramels, have you anything to trade with someone that could get me some BBQ sauce? Or is this not the way it's going to work :confused: I'm confuzzled....

aly
03-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Laurie,

There is a very unique BBQ chain in Texas (and 2 in NM). They sell sauce and I'd be happy to get you some if you're interested.

Check out their website http://www.rudys.com/index.html

It is quite an experience to go there - and its something I can't explain. You'd have to be there :D

lbaker
03-25-2004, 01:29 PM
Aly that sounds wonderful!! Now what would you like? If I can't get it maybe I can trade caramels for something for you. Whatever, it's a great excuse for me to send a little surprise for Lolly and Reese ;)

Miss Meow
03-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by aly
Hehe, I was reading opinions at this site on Polly Waffles since I had never heard of them. Pretty funny....

http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/aaasmt/index.php/url_indprod?ltrev=10&xlc=94

Ha ha ha! I have never seen that web site before. The old Polly Waffle is a love/hate relationship it seems :)

Cincy'sMom
03-25-2004, 04:11 PM
OK, here goes.... I would love some realllllly good, somewhat unique B-B-Q sauce (meaning not your garden variety chain grocery store stuff you see) now that it's gittin to be spring and cookout season. I have amazing caramels to pass along. Heinz57_79 - you like caramels, have you anything to trade with someone that could get me some BBQ sauce? Or is this not the way it's going to work :confused: I'm confuzzled....

I could get you some BBQ sauce from Cincinnati's famous Montgomery Inn if you are interested...

Rio and Me
03-25-2004, 04:34 PM
You got Twiglets over there?
They are so nice
Ky and Rio

Nomilynn
03-25-2004, 10:07 PM
Lynne - pickly chips in exchange for chocolate sounds heavenly! I like milk chocolate, with or without caramel and/or with or without almonds. But it has to be milk! ;)

Nicole - Sounds like a deal! My dad loved the licorice :) I can't wait to be able to send him more. Prepare for pickleness! ;)

Do you want to sample any other flavours? Want to try ketchup? Salt and Vinegar? Let me know!! :D

Amy - I'll send you some chippies if you can send me apple beer :p That is, if you can devise a way to get it here in one peice!!! hehehe :)

Felicia's Mom
03-26-2004, 09:35 AM
I haven't posted for a while, but I am still interested. I want to send a food product common here, but not in other parts of the country/world. That is hard to do because I have always lived here.

On Saturday I plan to look for jams, candies and other items. I will post them when I get home.

I could send a box of cereal.

lbaker
03-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Would any non-US P-talkers like some Cracker Jacks? Not very fancy but if you don't have them in your country I could send some. I happen to love them (the toy in the box is fun too) ;) Light weight, easy to send, not expensive and YUMMY! hmmmm, do they still make Screaming Yellow Zonkers :confused: similar to Cracker Jacks but the box was more fun :p

slleipnir
03-26-2004, 11:43 AM
I could send something from Canada..not sure what ppl are looking for though..I'd like to try stuff too that we don't have here but again, not sure about anything..O_O

RICHARD
03-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Would any non-US P-talkers like some Cracker Jacks? Not very fancy but if you don't have them in your country I could send some. I happen to love them (the toy in the box is fun too) ;) Light weight, easy to send, not expensive and YUMMY! hmmmm, do they still make Screaming Yellow Zonkers :confused: similar to Cracker Jacks but the box was more fun :p

I saw Screaming Yellow Zonkers awhile back!!
They come in bags now!!

:(

http://www.lincolnsnacks.com/Zonkers/zonkers.htm

Candy coated popcorn, peanuts and a prize, That's what you get in Cracker Jacks!

Nomilynn
03-30-2004, 09:37 PM
bumping this up.. I'll be mailing off chips as soon as my next pay day :)

trayi52
03-30-2004, 09:52 PM
Same here, I got the sauce for cincys mom, just have to wait. And I don't have an address to send it to. LOL, I love this idea, it is just the best!!!!!

guster girl
03-30-2004, 10:33 PM
I may be late on this, but, I'd like to participate! I was reading the posts, but, could someone help me out to understand what I need to do to participate?

Miss Meow
03-30-2004, 10:35 PM
Vegemite and candy are on the way to PJ's Mom :)

Candy (no Vegemite :)) to heinz57_79 in the next few days.

Swap with Nomilynn in a few weeks, when we both have money again! ;)

Felicia's Mom: are there any things you'd like to try?

heinz57_79
03-31-2004, 12:38 AM
Damn dentist apt. kept me from head to Tubac today, Meow... Will head down ASAP tho. :)

Anyone else want anything of a Southwestern nature?

Corinna
03-31-2004, 12:48 AM
Gp girl it has kind gotten alittle confusing to me too, but If you post what you would like hopefully some one will post you back. I'm still waiting to hear about good old fashion klondike sourdough loaf of bread or california style the round really sour kind. I have huckleberry jam or such to send . these are the little blue wild ones not the red ones.

Too bad you can't mail a Maid rite from Iowa:D have fanily in Traier and Beemon

wolf_Q
03-31-2004, 12:58 AM

Amy - I'll send you some chippies if you can send me apple beer :p That is, if you can devise a way to get it here in one peice!!! hehehe :)

Which would mail better...a glass bottle or a can? Anyone know? ;) The bottle could break and the can could explode...hmm. Didn't I send you some sort of diet soda last time?

I'd like some more nummy chips. What other good junk food is unique to Canada?

trayi52
03-31-2004, 01:05 AM
Amy what does the apple beer taste like? Is it something like the new smirnoff, (how the heck do you spell that?) that is sour apple?

Just wondering, I like apple wine but haven't seen any before. LOL, I had to make this myself!

wolf_Q
03-31-2004, 01:17 AM
It's non-alcoholic.....I honestly don't know what to compare it to as I've never had an alcholic drink LOL.

Cincy'sMom
03-31-2004, 01:29 AM
Same here, I got the sauce for cincys mom, just have to wait. And I don't have an address to send it to. LOL, I love this idea, it is just the best!!!!!

Oh yeah!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I completely forgot to check this thread!

Iwill PM you my address...anything you would like in return?

trayi52
03-31-2004, 01:31 AM
Oops! Sorry Amy. I can't drink anymore because I am on an antidepessant that would not mix well with alcohol. So I really have to be careful.

Now its just Thursdays for me!

Felicia's Mom
03-31-2004, 10:29 AM
I can send kolaches, fresh from our Czech bakery.

Also jams and spreads including:
strawberry
strawberry/rhubarb
raspberry
gooseberry

Horseradish

(there is more but I am at work and the list is home).

I was going to a Maid Rite last Saturday. Instead I went to see about the kolaches.

As far as what I would like to try:
1. Cheddar cheese from England. or any cheese that ships well.
2 powdered coffee/cocoa mix.

RICHARD
03-31-2004, 11:15 AM
Miss Meow and Barbara,

Packages to be sent out this friday..:)

Guster,

Post something you would like to try or something you may be interested in trading......

Corrina,

Let me look around for some Cali sour dough....we do have some down here........I thought you were interested in the San Fran kind only!

Give me a day!

Barbara
03-31-2004, 12:26 PM
Wow - here is someone really working at it. Ok I see that I get mine out early next week:)

Nomilynn
03-31-2004, 08:12 PM
Amy - probably glass would be safer. Last time you sent me Diet Mtn Dew and it was in a plastic bottle.

I don't know what else I could send you.. hmm.... I will have to think about that and let you know. Do you like Iced Tea? I could send you some really yummy mix that tastes NOTHING like cold regular tea :p It's really sweet and more like juice. Mmm... yummers. What about chocolate stuff? I could send you some Murchies hot chocolate.

trayi52
04-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Amy, (Cincy'sMom) I have the sauce boxed up, so now all I need to do is get to town and send it. I am going to try and do that today, or hopefully by Monday anyway.

Willie:D

Cincy'sMom
04-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Amy, (Cincy'sMom) I have the sauce boxed up, so now all I need to do is get to town and send it. I am going to try and do that today, or hopefully by Monday anyway.

Guess we'll be having ribs for dinner next weekend!! Again, thank you so much, Willie!! If you can think of anything you want please let me know!!!

lbaker
04-03-2004, 06:39 AM
Oky Dokie, let's rock and rollll :D First one that says they want caramels gets 'em! Aly? Do you eat reallly sweet things? RobinH, didn't you say you like caramels (warning.. not for sugar intolerant people). They are chocolate or vanilla or mixed, with or without nuts and exquisite.
Laurie

p.s. Richard, you haven't said what YOU want and you started this silly, fun thing :p

gini
04-03-2004, 11:04 AM
I AM THE FIRST!!! Aren't I?

Laurie, what can I get for you in California?

Chocolate with nuts, please!

lbaker
04-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Gini, they are YOURS! I'll send them on Monday. I can still send some junk food (Twinkies? CrackerJacks? Screaming Yellow Zonkers?) to those on the "other side of the pond" if anyone wants any. I still could use some, uh.. anything that anyone wants to send :rolleyes: Some special treats for the House of Orange will be included in the package Gini, so don't let the qats open it first :p

aly
04-04-2004, 01:56 AM
Hey Laurie,

I have some stuff to send you. I should hopefully get it mailed on Tuesday!! :)

Nomilynn
04-04-2004, 12:45 PM
As far as what I would like to try:
1. Cheddar cheese from England. or any cheese that ships well.
2 powdered coffee/cocoa mix.

Oh I didn't even see this! I would be happy to send you some yummy stuff from Murchies up here. It's great coffees and cocoa - I sent some mocha coffee to Zippy and she loved it!

What kind of flavours do you like? Do you like strong, mild, dark, etc? Let me know :)

What are kolaches? I keep thinking of golashes (sp?) like those big rubber gumboots :o

Uabassoon
04-04-2004, 12:52 PM
I don't know why I didn't respond earlier, but I've always wanted to try maple candy. Anyone one from the vermont area? :)

Felicia's Mom
04-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Nomilynn:

I like mocha coffee. Actually I like them all, as long as it can be made by putting some in a cup and adding hot water.
International Coffees and some made by Foldgers are sold around here.

Kolaches are a pastrey, a round bun. The top center is indented, and filled with a jamlike substance.

I wanted something that wasn't common everywhere. They are made in our Czech Bakery. The Czech spelling is kolace.

Blustang24
04-05-2004, 11:10 AM
OOOH!!! I LOVE Marmite from England!!! And fruit pastels and typhoon tea and golden shred and silver shred and cadbury's drinking chocolate! Lyle's Syrup is good with that pudding dish! MMMM MMM Good!!!! LOL Can you tell I like english stuff? :)

OH YEAH....To anyone in the UK...IN the stores over there do you still have those Orange, Lemon, & Lime gummy slices sprinkled with sugar? I can't remember the name of them for the life of me!

Silly me...I forgot Malteasers!

RICHARD
04-05-2004, 11:14 AM

p.s. Richard, you haven't said what YOU want and you started this silly, fun thing :p

World peace.

UA,

I think Karen offered Maple Syrup candy!!

trayi52
04-05-2004, 12:07 PM
I mailed mine today to Amy, hope you get it soon Amy.:)

Willie

Cincy'sMom
04-05-2004, 03:51 PM
I mailed mine today to Amy, hope you get it soon Amy.:)

Willie

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can't wait to get it!!!

RICHARD
04-05-2004, 04:20 PM
corrina

about your bread.

Do you want it whole or sliced?

Blustang24
04-05-2004, 06:55 PM
I'm not sure what everyone may want from Florida. Let me know if you're interested in something. I'm from here, so I don't always think of things only we have.

Valerie's idea of Citrus candy is good..I might have to come visit you and get some. :) Or have you bring some at the next meeting. :)

I can send citrus, salt water taffy(but I'm sure there's other places to get it), and there's bunch of stuff at the shops near the beach. I can't think of them all! I'll have to go Friday and make a list. :)

Also, I know this is food related, but if someone thinks of something they want from Florida (Tampa Bay/Clearwater area specifically) that's not food related just PM me. :)

Karen, is there anything you would like to have? (again, I can let you know of more stuff this weekend). That Maple candy and caramel sounds SOOOO good!! :)

Corinna
04-05-2004, 07:04 PM
whole of course !! How do you want your huckleberrys syrup, jelly, candy, or bbq sauce?

lynnestankard
04-06-2004, 04:37 AM
Sorry for the delay! :eek:

Nomi - will get your package in the post Friday. :)

Lynne

RICHARD
04-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
whole of course !! How do you want your huckleberrys syrup, jelly, candy, or bbq sauce?

Whatcha got in the way of world peace?;)
Let me look for a bakery in the area...

RICHARD
04-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Miss Meow and Barbara,

I set my boxes aside to do the final taping/sealing....

I came back to find them open and the contents strewn about the floor.

I thought it would be tacky to send out cat food packets with teeth marks and holes in them......

One of you MAY end up with a white cat stuffed into their box......ignore him.....just put him outside and close the door, O.K.??:rolleyes:

Karen
04-09-2004, 02:23 PM
I keep checking, the maple sugar candy hasn't hit the stores quite yet, but when it does, I'll compile a list and mail stuff out!

Blustang - my mother-in-law once mailed an alligator home to her kid brother from Florida - they probably don't allow THAT any more, huh?

Karen
04-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I don't know why I didn't respond earlier, but I've always wanted to try maple candy. Anyone one from the vermont area? :)

It's not just Vermont, silly! Sugar maples are all throughout New England! As I stated in my previous posts, once it appears in stores - should be any day now - I'll buy the lot and send stuff out!

Blustang24
04-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Karen

Blustang - my mother-in-law once mailed an alligator home to her kid brother from Florida - they probably don't allow THAT any more, huh?

LOL Probably not, but it's worth a try! lol

Actually I try to keep my distance from them...too many of them and too little of me! lol Just let me know if there's anything you can think of.

Unfortunately I didn't make it to clearwater today, but I am tomorrow. I got caught up with a new kitty.

RICHARD
04-09-2004, 03:58 PM
lololololol,

Just thought of something....

FRITO FEET...

Ladies and gentleman from around the world......

NOW is the time to find out what cat toes and those fried corn treats known as FRITOS have in common!!!

Fritos come in three mouth watering flavors-
Lime and chili, regular and nacho cheese.....

Let me know!

lbaker
04-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Dogs have "regular" frito feet silly, except maybe Southern dogs have cajun frito smells??? Don't know :confused: When my mom & dad were dating in college (old days) he played football and went to FL with the team and asked mom what she wanted as a souvenier sp? She said "bring me back a gator" (name of the FL team) sure as sh#@ he brought back a 7 inch alligator and it lived in the dorm :eek: Gini, did you get your package today?

trayi52
04-09-2004, 05:26 PM
I was wondering if Amy (Cincy'sMom) got hers yet too. I sent it out Monday. I was hoping you had got by now Amy.

Willie

Cincy'sMom
04-09-2004, 06:40 PM
We did get the BBQ sauce yesterday, Willie. Thank you so much!!! I used for dinner on Pork chops last night!!

Sorry I didn't get a chance sooner to let you know...been pretty busy here! Thank you , thank you, thank you!!

gini
04-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Laurie, I was gone most of the day with my neighbor and when I returned there was the FEDEX attempt to deliver.

I can go in person tomorrow and try to pick it up myself, which I might do.

I was so bummed I wasn't here................

I will keep you posted.

RICHARD
04-12-2004, 05:12 PM
I have almost replaced all my damaged items.....I always thought dogs were the most destructive animals on the planet..
;)
-------------------------

Corrina,

I am trying to find a bakery that makes fresh sour dough......I have not forgotten...

--------------------------

Hey Gini,

whatcha get???

Corinna
04-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Thats ok it is worth the wait. I will be sending you a surprise on the 20th. (payday)

Miss Meow
04-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Miss Meow and Barbara,

I set my boxes aside to do the final taping/sealing....

I came back to find them open and the contents strewn about the floor.

I thought it would be tacky to send out cat food packets with teeth marks and holes in them......

One of you MAY end up with a white cat stuffed into their box......ignore him.....just put him outside and close the door, O.K.??:rolleyes:

Cool, I'll take him!

I have a Siamese who eats library books, and a Dachshund who ate part of Shane's boat shoes (priced a new pair Saturday - $275 OUCH). May as well take in Eddie, too! :D

I have sent PJ's Mom's parcel. JC, yours is coming soon!

gini
04-14-2004, 11:05 AM
I received my package from Laurie!!!

I felt just like a little kid because it was filled with surprises!

Rascal, Annie and Emma would like to say Thank You Auntie Laurie - for our toy balls. Ha - we have placed them strategically all over the house so Mom will trip on them.

She is too busy eating her chocolate caramels and peeps to notice though.

PJ's Mom
04-14-2004, 02:06 PM
I have sent PJ's Mom's parcel. JC, yours is coming soon!

I got it today. Yay! :D

RICHARD
04-26-2004, 01:11 PM
I got my package from Barbara on Saturday!!

Thank you for the goodies and the card!!

I will fill everyone in on the details later on!!

Nomilynn
04-26-2004, 01:18 PM
I got my stuff from Lynne, too!!! :) I posted a thread about it but it's been buried.. I will be shopping and mailing by either the end of this month or the first couple weeks in May. I have to have dental work done today :eek: so I have to wait to see what the financial damage will be!!!

RICHARD
04-27-2004, 11:15 AM
On saturday I got Barbara's package!!!

It had a tube of vitamin paste, a package of mint cat treats and another package of heart shaped cat treats....

I opened the heart treats and gave a few to the Edster...He loved them! That was the only thing I opened.....I went next door to show my mom what Edward was sent and she kept asking me what the treats were.....

I finally had to admit to her that I didn't know....I only know some words German!!

Edward says,

Thank you to Filou, Tigris and Barbara for everything, Especially the card!!:D

heinz57_79
04-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Miss Meow.... Appologies!! I've been slacking... well, ok, not slacking... drugged! Had all 4 wisdom teeth yanked last week and have been on pain pills and all sorts of nifty stuff and haven't felt like doing much of anything besides dying on the couch. :) I promise promise promise I will get to Tubac and get everything within the next week or so.

And since I haven't gotten gotten there yet, anyone else fancy something southwestern? :D

Miss Meow
04-27-2004, 04:35 PM
Miss Meow.... Appologies!! I've been slacking... well, ok, not slacking... drugged! Had all 4 wisdom teeth yanked last week and have been on pain pills and all sorts of nifty stuff and haven't felt like doing much of anything besides dying on the couch. :) I promise promise promise I will get to Tubac and get everything within the next week or so.

And since I haven't gotten gotten there yet, anyone else fancy something southwestern? :D

Owwwwww :( You look after yourself and take all the time you need, you poor thing!

Your stuff is still at home. I keep snacking on things, then adding to them - I'll drag my bottom to the post office next week, too :)

lbaker
04-27-2004, 07:05 PM
Miss Meow, would you like some snacks like stupid things like CrackerJacks or Twinkies? They are very silly but yummy.. if you like junky, sweet stuff? Do you like caramels? Some of the ones I can get here are SUPER, just ask Gini :cool: And all right you guys, cicadas are about to pop out in the ground in two weeks... I've read different ways how to fry, saute, steam, bake them... have to something... there are going to be kazillions of them.... anyone want any?? I know, YUK, bugs.. but sometimes it works :rolleyes:

trayi52
04-27-2004, 08:22 PM
This is such a great thread!! I love it!

Miss Meow
04-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Miss Meow, would you like some snacks like stupid things like CrackerJacks or Twinkies? They are very silly but yummy.. if you like junky, sweet stuff? Do you like caramels? Some of the ones I can get here are SUPER, just ask Gini :cool: And all right you guys, cicadas are about to pop out in the ground in two weeks... I've read different ways how to fry, saute, steam, bake them... have to something... there are going to be kazillions of them.... anyone want any?? I know, YUK, bugs.. but sometimes it works :rolleyes:

I'm in! Give me a couple of weeks to organise myself, and let me know what you like :) I like anything fun or caramel or fizzy (anything, really!)

No thanks to bugs. ;)

Karen
04-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Okay, I finally have a source for the maple sugar candies! Whew! Sugaring season was a little tricky this year, that's all - we've had a weird spring!

So ... as this thread is now soooooooo looooooong, whoever wants maple goodness mailed to them, PM me with your mailing address by, let's see - Saturday, May 1 and I'll send some out!

Karen
04-28-2004, 02:50 PM
Just bumping this up ...

RICHARD
04-28-2004, 07:17 PM

No thanks to bugs. ;)

You don't HAVE to eat them.....
http://www.purdue.edu/UNS/bugbowl/bugbowl.index.html

:eek:

But for some people would that be considered, "playing with your food?"

Miss Meow
04-28-2004, 08:25 PM
You don't HAVE to eat them.....
http://www.purdue.edu/UNS/bugbowl/bugbowl.index.html

:eek:

But for some people would that be considered, "playing with your food?"

No, that would be considered, "being completely gross."

:)

Felicia's Mom
04-28-2004, 08:43 PM
I still don't what to send or who to send it to. I think what I'll do is buy candy some made around here. Then pick a name off the Christmas list.

Sirrahsim
04-28-2004, 10:10 PM
I don't know if people are still active in this thread, but I live in Japan and can get all sorts of interesting drinks and candies. I happen to LOVE pocky and toppo- Pocky is like a little light pretzel stick dipped in chocolate or maple or strawberry flavored stuff and Toppo is the same pretzel type thing, except the flavoring is in the middle. I think Toppo also comes in hazelnut, but I'm not sure.. Authentic Japanese sushi wouldn't ship well, would it :rolleyes: If there is anything anyone wants to try let me know and I'll try my best:) Would it be a good idea to start this over in a new thread? this one is soooo long.

Sirrahsim
04-28-2004, 10:14 PM
oh yeah, I know that the Seiyu (walmart owned store over here) has lots of different types of cat treats, but all of the lettering is in Kanji,so I can't make heads or tails of what is actually IN the treats. Anyone feeling lucky and want to try:D

wolfie
04-28-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Sirrahsim
I happen to LOVE pocky and toppo- Pocky is like a little light pretzel stick dipped in chocolate or maple or strawberry flavored stuff

Mmm... I love pocky too!!! :D

RICHARD
04-29-2004, 12:51 AM
I still don't what to send or who to send it to. I think what I'll do is buy candy some made around here. Then pick a name off the Christmas list.

anything you would like from crazy california?

ANd why does a box take so long to go overseas?

Sirrahsim
04-29-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by wolfie
Mmm... I love pocky too!!! :D

Ohhhhh they have Pocky in the states too? That's what I get for moving across the world, I don't even know what we have in the states anymore:rolleyes: cars and computers, do they have THOSE in the states?:rolleyes: what about indoor plumbing?:rolleyes: I've been in Asia too long and it hasn't even been a year yet:D :D

Barbara
04-29-2004, 03:57 PM
On saturday I got Barbara's package!!!

It had a tube of vitamin paste, a package of mint cat treats and another package of heart shaped cat treats....

I opened the heart treats and gave a few to the Edster...He loved them! That was the only thing I opened.....I went next door to show my mom what Edward was sent and she kept asking me what the treats were.....

I finally had to admit to her that I didn't know....I only know some words German!!

The heart treats have salmon in them. They are Filou's favorites. The cat mint treats are good for playing alos because they are little round balls. The vitamin paste is something most cats here are crazy about. If F+T get it they look as if they were drinking from a bottle with Tigris having the double lick frequency:D

I am now waiting for Eddie to arrive here! I have 2 nawtee boys, so I can easily deal with a third:D

wolfie
04-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Sirrahsim
Ohhhhh they have Pocky in the states too?

Only in the asian import stores. :) I stock up when I go! ^_^

trayi52
04-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Yummy, Pocky sounds really good. I love anything with chocolate!

Felicia's Mom
04-29-2004, 08:42 PM
anything you would like from crazy california?

ANd why does a box take so long to go overseas?

I said Christmas list so I could find an address. (Yes, I still have last years list).

I'll think about what I would like.

Nancy

RICHARD
05-04-2004, 11:36 AM
I have a very nice selection of Hot Sauce/Tabasco if anyone is interested!!:eek: ;) :D

captain
05-04-2004, 05:36 PM
HOT SAUCE!!!!

YUP - what would you like from here, kind Sir Richard???

Miss Meow
05-04-2004, 05:45 PM
I'd love hot sauce too - maybe we can do a twin order?

Cincy'sMom
05-04-2004, 05:51 PM
I recieved my wonderful BBQ sauvce (thanks again, Willie :) ) , but have not sent anything to anyone. Any requests from Ohio?

trayi52
05-04-2004, 08:08 PM
What do you have, I have no idea. I know you can send me one of your babies!! How about Sadie?;)

Cincy'sMom
05-04-2004, 09:30 PM
What do you have, I have no idea. I know you can send me one of your babies!! How about Sadie?;)

After careful consideration, I have to say NO! to your request of Sadie (and the other two aren't options either!)

Nomilynn
05-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Do we have any updates on this? I haven't forgotten my promises to people, I've just been so busy and so BROKE (read: dental work!!! :eek: ) but I'm hoping next month I'll be able to get everything off. I got a beautiful package from Lynne, anyone else get their things? :)

lynnestankard
05-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Glad the package arrived OK Naomi - don't pig out!! :D :eek: :D

Lynne

Miss Meow
05-25-2004, 05:12 PM
Felicia's Mom has sent a parcel to me and Captain, and I hope it's going to be here any day now. There is one from us on the way to her :)

RICHARD
05-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Felicia's Mom has sent a parcel to me and Captain, and I hope it's going to be here any day now. There is one from us on the way to her :)

MM,
you haven't got your's yet???

I'd even meet you halfway:D

Looking to send Corrina bread on friday!

Miss Meow
05-25-2004, 06:33 PM
MM,
you haven't got your's yet???

I'd even meet you halfway:D

Looking to send Corrina bread on friday!

Not yet. When did you send it? I hope you left extra food in the package for Eddie as he'll be a bit skinny when he gets here ;)

Corinna
05-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Richard I'll get your huck things out on Friday as well.

RICHARD
05-26-2004, 03:38 PM
Not yet. When did you send it? I hope you left extra food in the package for Eddie as he'll be a bit skinny when he gets here ;)

About three weeks ago!!

Edward, the fat pig, will probably eat the box, the postman and anything he can get his hands on.

Thanks Corrina!!

captain
05-30-2004, 07:21 PM
Richard,

I have not forgotten the "HOT SAUCE" .............. it is coming.

Please PM me your address ........

Miss Meow
05-30-2004, 07:25 PM
Felicia's Mom, thanks for the Oreo Bark! It's sweet, but very nice and different to anything we have here. :)

Barbara
05-31-2004, 10:54 AM

I thought Eddie was in the package for me. *pout*

Miss Meow
05-31-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
I thought Eddie was in the package for me. *pout*

He's on a round-the-world ticket so we can have a little Eddie share thing going. The only downside is that we won't have Richard's wonderful stories for a few months ;)

Felicia's Mom
05-31-2004, 07:52 PM
Miss Meow, I'm glad you got the Oreo Bark okay.

Corinna
05-31-2004, 09:09 PM
I didn't make to it to the post office Friday Richard but will tomorrow. I added a little sumpun for Eddie.

Felicia's Mom
06-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Thank you Miss Meow and Captain! I got the box of candy you sent me! What I have eaten is very good.:D

RICHARD
06-15-2004, 03:52 PM
I am sorry I have not replied sooner......

It's been a goofy week and a half!

CORRINA!

OH MY GOD.

I have been dragging my feet about sending you just 'bread' - Now I must out-do your package..

I received some jam, some soap and the cutest bear on a leash!!!

The jam I understood, the soap, I needed (God do I smell THAT bad???) The bear made me laugh....I had a close encounter with a bear a few years ago that left me pretty shaken for a week afterwards....

Your generousity is overwhelming....

What I need to know is if you own a bread maker or make your own hand made bread????

----------------------------------

P.S.

The "terrorist" packages are on their way once again.....

I sent Miss Meow and Barbara their packages.... a package of MM's ranch dressing sprung a leak......

They were went back and I re wrapped them and they are on their way!!!!

captain
06-28-2004, 07:08 PM
RICHARD, ADDRESS VIA PM PLEASE ................. Hot Sauce a'waitin!

Killearn Kitties
06-29-2004, 05:41 AM
Please excuse me being three months late, but ...

Blustang24, I can send you a package with some the stuff you mentioned if you want to send me your address.

Dukedogsmom - Do you really like Irn Bru? I can probably find some in plastic bottles that would ship better than a can, if you want to give me your address.

dukedogsmom
06-29-2004, 07:17 AM
I love Irn Bru! I would really appreciate that. What would you like in return? The citrus candy is wonderful and it's freshly made every day. That will give me a good excuse to go there. They have samples out all of the time. If you're interested, I can tell you what all flavors they have.

Killearn Kitties
06-29-2004, 07:31 AM
I would love to try some citrus candy!

Barbara
06-29-2004, 07:48 AM
Richard, after I came back from the US, your package was here (I tried to wrap this information into my last haiku but it looks as if it didn't come over:( ).

The boys are so happy. They want Temptations not just as a snack but for regular dinner:)

Thanks for the hot sauce as well. This will help me to spit fire from time to time:D

dukedogsmom
06-29-2004, 08:46 AM
There's all kinds of flavors. They don't have a website. I was going to have you go look. I'll name a few and get a brochure on my days off. Key Lime is one of my favorites. There's orange with pecans on top, tangerine, honey bell tangelo(have a tree in back yard of that one) pink grapefruit. All those listed are the jelled kind. There are also s ome candies that are hard but kind of creamy. Peppermint(very good) lime, something with pretzels in it. There's also chocolate covered orange peel. It's to die for. And there's regular candied orange peel. Maybe I'll just send you a sampler. But, tell me your favorites because I can't get them all for you :p

Miss Meow
08-25-2004, 05:52 PM
~* bumpity *~

Just resurrecting this to see if anyone has anything they want to try, want to swap? :)

Nomilynn
08-25-2004, 08:35 PM
If it ever gets there, I have sent you something, and also something to Lynne :)

Uabassoon
08-25-2004, 10:24 PM
I forgot about this thread! I know I really wanted to try some maple candy, but at the time it wasn't in season (I think). But if that is floating around somewhere I would LOVE to try it.

Karen
08-25-2004, 10:31 PM
I never did send out the maple candy, my apologies to everyone. It was a weird spring, and my "soyrce" didn't have any, and then neither did the replacement "source" - but I'm GONNA find and send some out. I have another recently-located potential source ...

Miss Meow
08-25-2004, 10:31 PM
If it ever gets there, I have sent you something, and also something to Lynne :)

If you are replying to me, you have made me one happy camper! :D I'll keep an eye out and definitely reciprocate!

Nomilynn
08-25-2004, 11:00 PM
If you are replying to me, you have made me one happy camper! :D I'll keep an eye out and definitely reciprocate!

I was talkin at ya ;) They said it could be six weeks, so it may be another 3 weeks before you see it :)

Miss Meow
08-26-2004, 12:06 AM
I was talkin at ya ;) They said it could be six weeks, so it may be another 3 weeks before you see it :)

You have made me so happy. All I'm expecting in the mail at the moment is my missing rhinestones and a whole heap of boring uni material. A secret parcel from the north is the best! :)

Nomilynn
08-26-2004, 12:30 AM
You have made me so happy. All I'm expecting in the mail at the moment is my missing rhinestones and a whole heap of boring uni material. A secret parcel from the north is the best! :)

Only thing is.. it might be to the wrong address - I took it off the Christmas card list but wasn't that your mom's or something? eep! Either way, I'm sure you will get it :)

Corinna
08-26-2004, 02:28 AM
Glad someone found this thread I had forgotten about it . Richard if you sent a package I didn't get it . We have been having postal problems Planes going down in the storms . Richard I thought you might share the soap with Mario>:D
If anyone else wants Huckleberry stuff let me know soon as of Sept 26th I am unempolyeed until April.

lynnestankard
08-28-2004, 01:40 PM
**Bump**

BIG 'Thank You' Naomi - parcel arrived this morning - needless to say I'm sat here happily chomping my way through a pack a dill pickle crisps - I'm in Heaven :D :D

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
rite mum - shift over

Anty Nomi - This is Bagel an I juz wantz to sez Fank Youz Very Much for dat luvverly boxxie youz sented uz - youz know dat one wiff dem ringy ballz in it. We've all bin in and played - I ate de boxxie too - yummy.
We got our new frend - he lives next door - and hez called Murphy
to com an play wiff uz - he liked the ringy ballz too.

So Me an Ketchum and Dan sendz lotz of noze kizzies to You and Nutmeg and Tilly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Lynne