PDA

View Full Version : New book im reading... Read it?

CamCamPup33
03-10-2004, 05:13 PM
This new book that im reading is *SO* amazing! :D

It's called 'Romiette and Julio'.. It's a 'remix' to Romeo and Juliet.. Well you know how in the real story of romeo and juliet, its all kind of well.. Confusing? In this story, it's in our time, like how romeo and juliet would be if they lived here now.. Here's a little overveiw on the story... They are only 16, living in a school with gangs who don't like it that Romiette and Julio have become friends, because Romiette is black and Julio is mexican, and they have sort of 'fallen for eachother'.. So the gangs are giving them a pretty rough time about their friendship/realsionship ssort of thing..

It's a really good book so far, I started to read it in my 4th hour, and asked the teacher to borrow the book, and i have been reading since i have got home at about 5:30.. Well it's 6:16 now ;) Im on page 147 :p It's by Sharon M draper, I also read her other books 'Tears of a Tiger' and it's sequal 'Forged by fire'..

Has anyone read this book? If not i highly reccomend it if you dont understand the real romeo and juliet.. :p

Kfamr
03-10-2004, 05:17 PM
I love the original Romeo and Juliet, in English and 'Shakespearian'. It's my favorite book.

I HATED the modern version movie of Romeo and Juliet, so not sure how much i'd like that book.

bluekat
03-10-2004, 05:21 PM
I've never read Romeo and Juliet, but I've seen the movie and I know what its about. The book sounds interesting though, I'll look for it:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Romeo and Juliet is a GREAT story, I personally like it in the Shakespearian language. It's so well written.

GoldenRetrLuver
03-10-2004, 06:40 PM
Haven't heard of that book before.
I love the real Romeo and Juliet story though. Last year for a field trip, we went to go see a bunch of different plays called "Shakespearience". It was so much fun! :) They showed Romeo and Juliet, MacBeth, A Midsummer Night's Dream, and a few others.