PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait!!!

wolfsoul
03-10-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm so excited about the Van meeting! :D Any updates?

My mom is going to bake some cookies, and I'll bake some cappocino bars. Anything else I should bring?

I'm going to get my hair done so I look purtyful lol. :p

slick
03-10-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm starting to prepare some directions for you to get to Ashley's house. Do you know the Lower Mainland at all???

popcornbird
03-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul

I'm going to get my hair done so I look purtyful lol. :p

Do you compare PT meetings to weddings or something? ;) LOL!! Have fun all of you, and take LOTS of pics, for those of us left out!

wolfsoul
03-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by slick
I'm starting to prepare some directions for you to get to Ashley's house. Do you know the Lower Mainland at all???
I don't lol. I've been there a million times, but I can't remember a thing lol. Jynnelle hasn't even been there, so she's no help either. :p

Do you compare PT meetings to weddings or something?
No way, weddings are boooring! :p

Nomilynn
03-10-2004, 10:55 PM
It should be fun :) Is it a potluck or something? What should Nathan and I bring?

slick
03-11-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
It should be fun :) Is it a potluck or something? What should Nathan and I bring?
Haven't really thought about food. We won't have a BBQ but there are some picnic tables under cover that we can use. I can make a variety of sandwiches and a couple of others can bring salads, etc. We can each bring out own drinks.

Any other thoughts??

binka_nugget
03-11-2004, 06:04 PM
:D It's gonna be so much fun! I can't wait!!!

Jo-jo, I can't get my mom to call tonight cause I lost your number. Could you call me?

And about the hair thing..I don't think mine will be all prettyful for it lol. I'm too cheap to pay for two bottles of bleach and red hair dye..so you guys will have to deal with staring at my very boring plain hair LOL.

wolfsoul
03-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget

Jo-jo, I can't get my mom to call tonight cause I lost your number. Could you call me?

Pfft you just want a reason not to call me. *cries* lol. My mom said I can't call unless it's a weekend because it's cheaper...buuut my number is 250-868-3435 are you to stop being a cheapo and call me lmao.

binka_nugget
03-11-2004, 06:18 PM
LOL!! Darn, you caught me.

hahaha..okay well, I wrote it down so I'll ask my mom to call soon.

popcornbird
03-11-2004, 06:19 PM
Psst...........why are you giving your phone number to all of us? You mean I can call you too? :eek:

:p

Just kidding. ;)

wolfsoul
03-11-2004, 06:21 PM
LOL okies; warn me before she calls lol. I won't be on the bet much tonight, but you never know.

Anyone else can call me too LOL...:D

binka_nugget
03-11-2004, 06:25 PM
LOL I can't warn you..my comp is dead so I'm at the library right now. I'll get her to call maybe 7:00ish? Anyways..gotta go lol. Stupid library time limit.

wolfsoul
03-11-2004, 06:28 PM
LOL I can't warn you..my comp is dead so I'm at the library right now. I'll get her to call maybe 7:00ish? Anyways..gotta go lol. Stupid library time limit.
Okies, seven is good. :)

slick
03-12-2004, 09:15 PM
PCB - I really really wish you could come along....:(

Just to let you know that I've baked some Veggie bickies for the pups and by the time the meeting rolls around I will also have Peanut Butter, Cheese, and Beef Liver bickies all to share with our four-legged friends. :) :)

Jordan, Jynnelle, Naomi: I'v sent you instructions on how to get to Ashley's place. If they are unclear just let me know. I tried drawing a map but I'm afraid my Visio skills are lacking.....

Naomi: after I sent you your's I realized that her house is just up from the Animal Critical Care so I'm sure you know where to go.

slick
03-16-2004, 09:18 PM
bumping this up
It's coming up fast so I was thinking about food again.

Sandwiches: Ham & cheese, egg salad, tomato & cheese, peanut butter and banana (my personal favourite)

I'll also make a pasta salad with shrimp

Can someone bring a green salad????
Can someone bring a dessert of some kind (maybe a bunch of fruit to nibble on)

I can provide paper plates, napkins and plastic cutlery.

These are my thoughts but I'm open to suggestions about other kind of food instead. I need input please. Anyone with allergies??

binka_nugget
03-16-2004, 09:34 PM
I'm not good with food so how about I provide the drinks?

slick
03-17-2004, 08:41 PM
I'm not good with food so how about I provide the drinks?
OK. Let's see for how many people??

Ashley
Tiff
Naomi
Nate
Slick
Jordan
Jynnelle

I think maybe just some juice and pop should do it.

I really hope the weather is going to be good.

Nomilynn
03-18-2004, 10:06 PM
I don't mean to be a pain, but Ashley if you are bringing the drinks can you please make sure that there is diet pop? I can't drink regular due to diabetes and also being on weight watchers. If you can't do it, let me know and I'll just bring my own stuff to drink :)

I can bring a green salad or maybe some veggies and caesar dip. Does everyone like that kind of dressing?

binka_nugget
03-18-2004, 11:09 PM
No problem! I like the taste of diet pop so I'll be happy to bring some.

wolfsoul
03-21-2004, 04:33 PM
I'm bringing double decker brownies and cappocino bars now. :D

I like Caeser dressing Naomi. :)

Hmm...anything else I should bring? I'll bring tons of pictures! I'm going to see if my stepmom can find Leather's puppy pic. It's sooo cute.

aly
03-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Someone better bring their camera and take pics of the meeting!

slick
03-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by aly
You bet. It will be a rather small crowd with only 3 dogs and 7 people but don't worry there will be lots of pics to post at the end of it all.

OK, so the food is taken care of. Naomi, I take you up on the green salad and I like Caesar dressing as well. If you can't get any, I have some in my fridge.

Jordan, that dessert sounds soooo sinful...:D

binka_nugget
03-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by aly

I have my 256mb card, 16mb card, and loads of batteries set! ;) You can expect LOTS of pictures.

I'm not sure what time we should set it at but since we're meeting in front of my house, you guys could pick a time. Anytime works for us since Jynnelle, Jordan and I will be at my house. :D

slick
03-21-2004, 07:30 PM
When I spoke with Jordan yesterday I told her that you can call me because **ahem** I'm up at 7:30am every morning and I don't think you want me calling on you then. Since you guys sleep in I'm thinking about 11am but you think it over the let me know.

Keep your fingers crossed that we have weather like we had today.:)

wolfsoul
03-21-2004, 08:16 PM
When I spoke with Jordan yesterday I told her that you can call me because **ahem** I'm up at 7:30am every morning and I don't think you want me calling on you then. Since you guys sleep in I'm thinking about 11am but you think it over the let me know.

Don't worry, I'll be up early! I'll be too excited to sleep in! ;) Ashley will have to set her alarm for like 8:00 or something. That would give us some time to get ready. :D

binka_nugget
03-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Don't worry, I'll be up early! I'll be too excited to sleep in! ;) Ashley will have to set her alarm for like 8:00 or something. That would give us some time to get ready. :D

8:00? Are you MAD, woman? *chuckles*

wolfsoul
03-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Yes I AM! :D *eye twitches*

slick
03-21-2004, 09:49 PM
8:00? Are you MAD, woman? *chuckles*
**looking from side to side**
We're ALL mad...........
MMMMWWWAAAAAAA!!!!

tikeyas_mom
03-21-2004, 09:57 PM
i havent been able to get on the past 2 days much because my brothers are computer hoggs. but now that i have seen this thread i thought i would reply. My mom is going to be calling Ashleys mom and slick. I am not 100% sure why haha.. but o well. she will probably call tomorrow, we have to buy a phone card.. blech.
but i dont know what I can bring.. my mom hates baking as do I. hahaha. so i will just umm........ buy a sub for my self ahahah and share it with Tikeya.. :o

slick
03-21-2004, 10:03 PM
Don't worry Jynnelle, there will be plenty of food to share. Please tell your Mom that I'm working and will NOT be home until 7:30pm every night. If she does decide to call during the day, please warn her that I have a very weird outgoing message on my answering machine and she does have the right number. Better yet, tell her to call me at work. Jordan has the number.

GoldenRetrLuver
03-21-2004, 10:07 PM
I wish I could go, lol. But I don't think my parents will want to drive to a different country. ;) We were planning on going to Canada this summer though, if all goes well. Have fun you guys! I expect TONS of pictures! :D

slick
03-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
We were planning on going to Canada this summer though, if all goes well.
What part of Canada???? Let me know when and maybe we can meet up if you come to British Columbia.

GoldenRetrLuver
03-21-2004, 10:48 PM
What part of Canada???? Let me know when and maybe we can meet up if you come to British Columbia.

Ottawa, or in Ontario. It's far from you guys, so I don't know how that will work out. :p We were planning on staying 1-2 weeks in a cabin my family owns on a lake.

wolfsoul
03-21-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Ottawa, or in Ontario.
*cough* Ottawa IS in Ontario.. :p

Jynnelle, why not just bring a couple bags of chips or something?

Does anyone have a CD player they could bring? I have one, but it either needs to be plugged in or have batteries, and I don't have any batteries lol.

binka_nugget
03-21-2004, 11:18 PM
Does anyone have a CD player they could bring? I have one, but it either needs to be plugged in or have batteries, and I don't have any batteries lol.

I have my discman and mp3 player that I could plug speakers into but I don't have any speakers LOL.

Ohhh I'm getting so excited! Tiff said she couldn't make it so it'll only be 6 people but I found out that one of our newbies to PT (PangosMum) lives in Downtown Vancouver so I invited her. I'm not sure if she's coming but it sounded like she really wanted to so hopefully, it'll be 7 of us.

GoldenRetrLuver
03-22-2004, 08:28 AM
*cough* Ottawa IS in Ontario.. :p

LOL, I know it is....that's why I put *or* in it also. :p

Nomilynn
03-22-2004, 11:25 PM
OMG 8am??? EEP - Nate and I will be at the Metallica concert the night before so we'll be pooped!!! 11am sounds ok though.

Just please don't forget to call us to let us know any final plans, as we won't be able to check PT for most of Friday. Vickie - do you still have Nathan's cell number?

This will be lots of fun - we'll have a whole bunch of memory cards and new batteries for the camera too, so it will be great :)

slick
03-23-2004, 12:22 AM
Vickie - do you still have Nathan's cell number?
Yes, I've still got it, but don't worry I think I'm going to make an executive decision and say we meet at Ashley's place at 11am. Can you still bring a green salad??? If not, I can do it.

wolfsoul
03-23-2004, 12:25 AM
OMG 8am??? EEP - Nate and I will be at the Metallica concert the night before so we'll be pooped!!! 11am sounds ok though.

Not 8am for the meeting lol, 8am for the girls and I to get up! :p Well, atleast me to get up hehe.

binka_nugget
03-23-2004, 12:33 AM
Well, atleast me to get up hehe.

Darn right! I'll pack up the night before and enjoy my sleep until 10! ;)

wolfsoul
03-23-2004, 12:45 AM
Darn right! I'll pack up the night before and enjoy my sleep until 10! ;)
Fine! I'll be all ready by the time you wake up! Maybe I'll ''accidentally'' unplug the alarm clock...what a shame it would be when everyone gets there and you guys are still in your pajamas......;)

Nomilynn
03-23-2004, 02:29 AM
Yes, I've still got it, but don't worry I think I'm going to make an executive decision and say we meet at Ashley's place at 11am. Can you still bring a green salad??? If not, I can do it.

Yup! It will either be a salad, or cut up veggies. It depends on how much time I have :)

tikeyas_mom
03-23-2004, 04:12 PM
i am bringing an apple pie... lol..wow i am so creative arnt I.. ;)

wolfsoul
03-23-2004, 06:13 PM
I'm packing my bags tonight! :D Whoo hoo, I'm so excited!

My aunt might go to the park to spy on us. :rolleyes: She's paranoid lol. She thinks Ashley's in an Asian gang lmao. :rolleyes: :p

I'm dying my hair tonight or tomorrow...probably tomorrow...I wanted to get it done professionally but apparently I'm poor haha.

tikeyas_mom
03-23-2004, 06:49 PM
are you really packing your bags tonight hahaha. awsome

binka_nugget
03-23-2004, 08:30 PM
I'm packing my bags tonight! :D Whoo hoo, I'm so excited!

My aunt might go to the park to spy on us. :rolleyes: She's paranoid lol. She thinks Ashley's in an Asian gang lmao. :rolleyes: :p

I'm dying my hair tonight or tomorrow...probably tomorrow...I wanted to get it done professionally but apparently I'm poor haha.

LOL! DARN! How'd she know that I'm in an asian gang.. Shoot! LOL!

I'm gonna start cleaning my room today haha.

slick
03-23-2004, 09:37 PM
Jynnelle and Jordan, don't forget you are coming down to the "WET" coast so make sure you bring something appropriate for the rain.....LOL

wolfsoul
03-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Oh yeah...rain...LOL. Darnit. Has it been sunny there lately?

slick
03-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Oh yeah...rain...LOL. Darnit. Has it been sunny there lately?
It was last week, but this week it's going to be cloudy the whole time.

wolfsoul
03-23-2004, 09:59 PM
It was last week, but this week it's going to be cloudy the whole time.
*groans* aww man lol. Next meeting is over here! :p

tikeyas_mom
03-24-2004, 01:56 PM
yes i agree, the next meeting is over here... no complaining.. Kelowna is a beautiful place you ppls would love it.

wolfsoul
03-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah, Kelowna is awesome. :D I love living here.

I made the brownies, but I can't make the capp. bars because we don't have any brown sugar. :(

binka_nugget
03-24-2004, 06:08 PM
eek. Make sure you pack lots of warm clothes. Weather in Vancouver is so unpredictable. Today, it was fine then rained for a couple minutes, got extremely sunny then rained later on during the day then cleared up again.

tikeyas_mom
03-24-2004, 11:12 PM
eek. Make sure you pack lots of warm clothes. Weather in Vancouver is so unpredictable. Today, it was fine then rained for a couple minutes, got extremely sunny then rained later on during the day then cleared up again.

*thinks to self* O' I only have tonz of beach babe clothing and NO warm clothes... haha j/k ;)... It has been warm here. but I think I can dig up some sweaters, since I live in them :p.

binka_nugget
03-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
*thinks to self* O' I only have tonz of beach babe clothing and NO warm clothes... haha j/k ;)... It has been warm here. but I think I can dig up some sweaters, since I live in them :p.

If you can't dig up some sweaters, I'd be happy to lend you one of my own creations. What you do is, you hold a Sheltie for a couple seconds and instantly, you'll have an all natural Shetland Shedder er..no..sheepdog coat! It's water resistant and all!

Haha, sorry if that seemed odd. I'm in a really weird witty mood right now.

wolfsoul
03-24-2004, 11:28 PM
I'm bringing my jacket. :D I'm excited lol. I packed my bags. I already made the brownies -- my mom is convinced that they'll go bad before Saturday, but I don't believe her. What do you think? By the way, if Ashley and Jynnelle and I eat them before the meeting,.........yeah, there's no good way to finish that sentence. :o

slick
03-24-2004, 11:31 PM
my mom is convinced that they'll go bad before Saturday, but I don't believe her. What do you think?
Put them in the freezer and bring them out on Friday just before you head down. They will thaw on the trip and when you get to Ashley's place you can put them in the fridge. No problem.

Besides the jacket, bring some boots. You never now, the park could be muddy.

wolfsoul
03-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Ahhh good idea. :D

*chokes* boots? Heh, I am bootless. LOL it never rains here. But I'm uncomfortable in boots anyways. I'll just wear my runners. ;)

binka_nugget
03-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Trust me, I'll have no problem eating bad brownies. No problem at all.;) Hahahaha..

wolfsoul
03-25-2004, 12:33 PM
Jynnelle just emailed me. :( She doesn't think that we can go to Van anymore because Merry got hurt. :( :( :( :( :( :(

tikeyas_mom
03-25-2004, 04:16 PM
Jynnelle just emailed me. :( She doesn't think that we can go to Van anymore because Merry got hurt. :( :( :( :( :( :(

I am not sure, i might leave Merry with a lady in Kelowna for that couple days, she has had rats before and loves them, she will care for Merry while I am away, I mether off petratscanada. Her name is Cath. Merry has a broken leg, and will have to have vet treatment which will be expensive, xrays and meds, and probably surgery. My mom said she will pay for it all when we get back from Vancouver. so dont cry jordan. it will be ok.

slick
03-25-2004, 04:42 PM
Oh poor Merry :( Don't sweat it. Pets come first. Just leave us a message here if you decide to stay home.

wolfsoul
03-26-2004, 01:31 AM
We got everything worked out and we're back on track. :)

My bags are packed and I'm ready to head out tomorrow. :D 3 bags..yikes.

binka_nugget
03-26-2004, 01:34 AM
Oh my gosh! I'm so excited!!! Do you know if Tikeya and Oscar do well when meeting other dogs? Especially, dominant dogs like Kaedyn? I don't know if he's still going to be dominant with other dogs but he may be. I'll keep him on leash when they first meet I guess. Kai will have no problems with them though..EE I can't wait!!

wolfsoul
03-26-2004, 12:25 PM
I don't think Jynnelle is bringing Oscar anymore because Kaedyn's dominance with male dogs...The last I heard her mom didn't want her to bring Oscar. I think he's fine with male dogs, but might have a problem with another one pushing him around? Tikeya can have a problem with dominant females, but generally she's fine.

slick
03-26-2004, 02:01 PM
Please, please drive carefully you guys and I'll see you tomorrow.:)

binka_nugget
03-27-2004, 12:03 AM
Hi, this is Jordan, too lazy to sign out haha. Your humid weather has ruined by hair lmao. Oh well. :o It's all poofy and frizzy now. Wee. Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow! :D

slick
03-27-2004, 12:08 AM
Hi Jordan, thanks for checking in. I've been checking this thread every half hour.

Weather tomorrow calls for showers in the morning but partial clearing in the afternoon. What more can I say about the WET coast.:D

Is Jynnelle there with you??

binka_nugget
03-27-2004, 12:25 AM
It's Ashley here now.

Yep, Jynnelle and Tikeya are here as well. We've been taking loads of pics so I'll probably post a few of them later.

slick
03-27-2004, 12:35 AM
Cool!!! As planned, I'll be there at 11am tomorrow morning.

Be awake and dressed.....:D :p

aly
03-27-2004, 01:49 AM
Where are those pics??? :)

wolfsoul
03-27-2004, 02:06 AM
We have like a billion pics lol. Ashley's camera is cool wee. We're having fun. It's past midnight, and we're not going to bed any time soon, so we'll be super tired tomorrow haha.

Nomilynn
03-27-2004, 04:28 AM
Ok.. it's 2:30am. We JUST got home from the Metallica concert and are ready to head to bed. I don't know that we'll be able to make it by 11am.. we are REALLY going to try, but we might be a tad late. At the latest we will be there by 11:30am, so please don't leave without us!!!!

Vickie has Nate's cell number so call us if we need to know anything.

G'night, see you later! ;)

slick
03-27-2004, 10:20 AM
Should we make it Noon then????

tikeyas_mom
03-27-2004, 11:58 AM
yeah that sounds good. noon... i cant wait :P

slick
03-27-2004, 12:25 PM
OK. I've just left a message on Nate's cell phone to meet up at Noon. I've got all the food and doggie treats packed in my cooler and ready to go. Weather looks like it's clearing up a bit. :)

Nomilynn
03-27-2004, 12:31 PM
ARGH why did you make this decistion after Nathan and I set the alarm and rushed like mad to be ready!!!! :p

I guess see you at noon, then :p

wolfsoul
03-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Haha, well, I went to bed at 4 am and woke up at 8 LOL. Everybody else fell asleep before the movie ended and actually slept until quarter after nine lol. I just lay there, awake. :p

We watched American Wedding hehe. And we went to Petcetera and the Superstore and Subway. Ahhh awesome.

I'm sooooo glad the weather is clearing up. Let's not make my hair any worse than it already is!

slick
03-27-2004, 12:54 PM
ARGH why did you make this decistion after Nathan and I set the alarm and rushed like mad to be ready!!!! :p

I guess see you at noon, then :p

So sorry Naomi. :( When I called Nate's cell phone, I thought maybe you guys were still sleeping so I didn't give it a second thought. I was just trying to be considerate since all of you were up late.

wolfsoul
03-27-2004, 01:01 PM
It's ok! I'm sure Naomi has no problems with it. :) I know we don't! Ashley slept in till 11 anyways and Jynnelle is still laying in bed haha. I think I'm the only semi-ready one. :o

Nomilynn
03-28-2004, 12:43 AM
Aw please don't feel bad I really wasn't upset :) I was just teasing :)

I had LOTS of fun! I'll try to get Nate to post some pics asap.

Stay FRESH, girls ;) ;) ;)

binka_nugget
03-28-2004, 02:37 AM
LOLOL!!! lmao!!:D

wolfsoul
03-28-2004, 10:44 PM
Ahahahaha fresh....:D Everyone's probably like "huh?"

Anywhooos, I'm back home! We made it down to Kelowna in three and a half hours. Great timing considering it took 5 and a half to get there. I left my purse in a restaurant hahaha. But Vickie is my hero, she is getting it back for me lol. :p

We had a BLAST! It was so much fun getting to know everyone, and we laughed ALOT at Ashley's place. LOL my stomach was killing me from laughing. We took tons of pics, but we can't post hardly any of them on PT because they look so terrible lol. They are mostly of Jynnelle and I being total lunatics. Ash, send some of the more okay ones of myself to me, and I'll pick which ones can be posted LOL.

Vickie bought us stuff, haha 'twas wicked awesome. She got me five bandanas and two fribees, and then I bought a couple things for future gift swaps. Great prices at Petsmart! They had doggy sweaters on for 3 dollars! I would have bought one if they all didn't look so girly...I don't know the sex of catahoula I'm getting, and I don't want to take chances when it could be a boy. We also went to like four other pet places. AHHH we had so much fun!

Next meeting is in Kelowna, I'm making a thread! Everyone has to come over here!