PDA

View Full Version : The Passion of the Thursday #45..

RICHARD
03-10-2004, 02:24 PM
Hello to everyone....

Shall we begin?

I just want to say that the "Bob" threads were possibly some of the most uplifting and sad posts
that I have ever read here on PT.....

I want to say Thanks to Pay It Forward and Pays For It....they reaffirmed my belief in mankind...

Of course,
I still have problems with politicians....

It's been bloody warm here in Lost Angeles.....so beautiful and hot...the nights are exceptionally clear.........

So with the impending spring, I thought that a nice 'spring drink' was in order

Peach Slingshot

Equal parts of; Peach Schnapps, Gin & Sour mix, Dash of Grenadine

Shake with ice, Strain into a Pony or Shot glass.

Belly up folks......It's Thursday!

slick
03-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Hi people. Well, I'm on 2 weeks vacation now so I can cyber-drink all I want (hic..)
Sure, I've got housework to do, soaps to watch, laundry to clean, cupboards to scrub out.....but what the heck.....I can do all that next week :D :D A DOTD please. The weather here has been absolutely beautiful and today we are at a bomby 14 degrees (I think that about 58 deg Far.) Springtime indeed.

Max went to the groomers yesterday and came back shaved all over save his back, face and front legs. I've taken pictures which I'll post later. I now call him my "buff butt". Shame on me for not combing him as much as I should :o

A prayer and toast for all the sick and rescued pets and to those who choose to change their lives by taking them in. I applaud you all.

trayi52
03-10-2004, 02:36 PM
I have been waiting all day for the bar to open! Thank God it's open.

I want to try the DOTD, sounds really good! I will try not to go flying though.;)

Give Mario a beer.

Willie

robinh
03-10-2004, 02:44 PM
Thank you for opening the bar! I've been waiting too. Please a DOTD!

Work tomorrow and then off till Wednesday - YEAH!!!! Sister is flying in to spend a few days. It's warm in California and she elects to come to Iowa in March - silly girl! Oh well, can't wait to see her.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-10-2004, 03:01 PM
I'd like a cold cherry root beer, please.

So far, I've managed to stay on my feet and not fall again! I never tried the wd-40. It was on a high shelf. I didn't think I should risk climbing on anything and falling again.

I'll keep it in mind though. I stopped by the bakery this morning. Any one for some donuts? There's all kinds!!!

Mario, do you like donuts?
:D

trayi52
03-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Mario love donunts! OMG, he will eat as many as he can get! Just fill those little hands up, and run somewhere where he thinks nobody and take them form him!

Give me one of those donuts before Mario gets a smell that they are here!

Have you been falling! I do know that feeling, I am a very clumsy person, its a pure miracle that I have only broke one bone in my life! Be careful!!

Willie

dukedogsmom
03-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Yippee! Been waiting for this. I'm off tomorrow but have to work the weekend :( So, that drink sound just wonderful. Sort of like a fuzzy navel. It's really nice here today. Not too hot and a good breeze blowing. I dread the impending heat that's coming. I'm going to enjoy this weather while it lasts!

RICHARD
03-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by slick

A prayer and toast for all the sick and rescued pets and to those who choose to change their lives by taking them in. I applaud you all.

DONE!

Tray,

DOTD, and a Beer!

I don't mind the donut crumbs on the floor but people may be playing pool....so.....

DONE!

Robin...
No one ever said Californians were smart;)

DONE!

Moff...
Cherry Root beer!!
P.s. If you need help fighting gravity, let me know!!
DONE!

MMMMMMM....Donuts!!

----------------------

Garage Sale April 1st

Please bring your items to sell on April 1st

Next week we will be cleaning out the L&F...
please wear your old clothes.:eek: :cool: :D :p :confused:

Miss Meow
03-10-2004, 03:40 PM
Oooh, yum, fling me a Peach Slingshot! :)

Autumn is starting her march southwards. The trees are starting to lose their leaves, the cats are sleeping more than ever, and I'm braying for my winter doona!

Yes, a toast to all sick and departed pets :(

2kitties
03-10-2004, 03:49 PM
In the past two weeks I have:

added a bathroom to my home, retiled the floor, ordered a new car, sold the car I have, rented a car to drive in the meantime, interviewed for a new job, accepted a new job, am planning to give notice tomorrow at old job.

I really need a drink.

RICHARD
03-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
In the past two weeks I have:

added a bathroom to my home, retiled the floor, ordered a new car, sold the car I have, rented a car to drive in the meantime, interviewed for a new job, accepted a new job, am planning to give notice tomorrow at old job.

I really need a drink.

You forgot to solve world famine and send a manned expedition to mars....

A double.....DONE!!

MM,

LOLOLOL,

With our warm weather trend Edward is just lazing around sleeping all day lone....

I think it more metabolic that weather related..;)

Bray for a winter doona and mangora????

:confused:

Peach slingshot-slung!!!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Mario love donunts! OMG, he will eat as many as he can get! Just fill those little hands up, and run somewhere where he thinks nobody and take them form him!

Give me one of those donuts before Mario gets a smell that they are here!

Have you been falling! I do know that feeling, I am a very clumsy person, its a pure miracle that I have only broke one bone in my life! Be careful!!

Willie Why I should trip and fall over my tread mill that hasn't been moved in years, is beyond me! But I managed!

If Mario snarfs down all the donuts on that plate, there are two big boxes in the back.

No donut eating around the pool table! I don't want anyone holding a big stick mad at me!:D

slick
03-10-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Garage Sale April 1st

Please bring your items to sell on April 1st

Next week we will be cleaning out the L&F...
please wear your old clothes.:eek: :cool: :D :p :confused:
:eek: :eek: Oh my gosh, I'll provide the leather gloves and the dust masks.

On the day of the sale, we can move some of the tables to the sidewalk outside the bar and display the items there. We need people to categorize and price the items. No junk please. How can you tell I've organized one of these before????

Yes Richard, I know the difference between a van and a truck. I was just testing you ;) ;) :D :D :eek:

Hello to Willie, MOFF, Robin, MM and 2K. I've emailed Gini and Laurie.

2K: No Bob Vila to help you??

RICHARD
03-10-2004, 04:08 PM
MOFF,
How are the boys??

Could I make a pot 'o catnip tea for them???

gini
03-10-2004, 04:12 PM
A drink on me for 2kitties - I am exhausted just reading her post.

Peach? Hmmm - not too crazy about Peach drinks........

Do you know how to make Mango Margaritas? I would like one of those, please.

Mario can have my donut - thanks for bringing them though MOFF.

I have lost a lot of things in this bar......do you suppose the stuff really is in the L&F?

If someone will drag the stuff out - I will help with pricing and tagging. We had better put up some signs though and let people know there is a big sale coming up.

Slick, sit down - skip the cleaning this week - just enjoy the loafing and have a drink with me.

Laurie? Where did she go?

(My niece is about to lose her beloved pit bull who is only three years old - to cancer - stage 3. My niece is not prepared at all for this loss. Prayers for her and all who have recently lost their dear pets - it is so difficult.)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-10-2004, 04:13 PM
MOFF,
How are the boys??

Could I make a pot 'o catnip tea for them??? They'd love that!
They are doing great. Chester and Luke are their usually ornery selves. Leonardo hasn't had an allergy attack in over 3 weeks, and Grandma has discovered she likes sleeping on my bed. She's finally coming out of her shell! She has even taken to giving a cat nip mouse a whack!!YIPEEEE!!!!:D

2kitties
03-10-2004, 04:17 PM
I can see Johanna up there. ..... Come on in missy, pull up a chair and pop a post.

RICHARD
03-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by gini

Do you know how to make Mango Margaritas? I would like one of those, please.

Gini,

What's next, are you gonna sucker punch me like the hockey player the other night??

do I know how to make mango margaritas????? Sheesh.....

DONE!!!

MOFF,

GOOD NEWS!!
DONE!!

gini
03-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Gini,

What's next, are you gonna sucker punch me like the hockey player the other night??

Wow, there must be a rush into Thursdays - computer wouldn't let me into Pet Talk to respond.

Richard, no, I am not into "bloody" drinks - no slang intended.

He broke his neck - and they call this SPORT?

(I was only testing you about the mango margarita - want you to be all ready for July).

slick
03-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Well, I wasn't going to bring this up, since it was one of our boys that did the dasterdly deed. Who says Vancouver ain't tough....don't get me started on this one. I'm not a sports fan, but I quickly became one when I saw the news.

Years ago I used to say that I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out. :eek:

Gini: I'm sorry about your neice's PB. Please post something in dog health so we can get those PT prayers happening.

Now, please sir, may I have another DOTD so I can get back to my vacumming????

trayi52
03-10-2004, 04:41 PM
I'm looking forward to the garage sale! I wonder what is in there, just can't wait to find out!

2kitties, sounds like you have been sooooo busy. You do need a break.. but the new car sounds wonderful!

Hi slick, gini and Val, hope you are all doing great today!

And hi to anybody else I missed. gini I am sorry to hear about your neice's dog.

I will be happy to start hearing some good news though!

Willie

dukedogsmom
03-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Prayers for the pit bull. Poor thing. And, I've got a ton of stuff that I need to get rid of! I'll load up my truck. If anyone needs me to haul their stuff, just let me know.

RICHARD
03-10-2004, 05:01 PM

(I was only testing you about the mango margarita - want you to be all ready for July).

lolololol..

DONE!

slick,

I can see you pushing the vac with one hand and sipping with the other.......cats!! lift your feet!

At least wait until the guy is looking at ya!!

DDM,

Thank you and don't you love the price of cyber gas????

Drink?

dukedogsmom
03-10-2004, 05:06 PM
DDM,

Thank you and don't you love the price of cyber gas????

Drink?
Ha ha! Sure do! It's a heck of a lot cheaper. I'll have a big shot of Hot Darn. I censored it for here. It's so good! Like drinking a fireball.

Miss Meow
03-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Wow, 2kitties, sounds like you need a double! Congratulations on your new job :)

Gini, I'm so sorry about your niece's dog. Coincidentally, yesterday's Dr Phil was about a child who couldn't come to terms with her dog passing. The mother and girl were flying somewhere, and when they were in the clouds the girl asked if they were flying through heaven because they could stop the plane and get the dog back. I was crying like mad.

The advice was to not get another pet quickly so the child could experience the full emotions of the loss, and to have some sort of ceremony or memorial service so there is an event that marks the end of the life and provides some sort of closure.

I'll be thinking of your niece {{{hugs}}}

Corinna
03-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Hey We are really going in there again?
I had a great interveiw yesterday I should know by friday if i got the job. If not I go back to the park on April 5th.
I have been cleaning up out side as much as I can , the snow is finally melting 50 the last 3 days WHAOOOOOO. so tired from all the fresh air. need a diet lime coke please. so glad so many off of work to play with this week.

RICHARD
03-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Ha ha! Sure do! It's a heck of a lot cheaper. I'll have a big shot of Hot Darn. I censored it for here. It's so good! Like drinking a fireball.

lolol,

DONE!!

No open flame with 50 feet..

Thanks!

Corrina,

You can sit back and laugh at us!

DIet lime coke..DONE!

slick
03-10-2004, 05:21 PM
slick,

I can see you pushing the vac with one hand and sipping with the other.......cats!! lift your feet!

and don't ask what I'm wearing :eek: :eek:

I read an article a few years ago and the result of a survey showed that 30% of women do housework nikked :eek: :eek:

Hi Corinna: Good luck on the job interview. Snow melting??? Don't mean to brag but my balcony door has been open all day and the sun is streaming in.....;)

Hi DDD.

MM: Darn I missed that one. I was watching Y&R.

dukedogsmom
03-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Hey Slick, what happened on Y & R today? I'm at work :(

slick
03-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Well I'm watching it now, but I haven't seen it for about 3 months so I'm confused.

Danny and Cricket are together again...what's up with that?
Sharon is going bonkers because she keeps seeing the ghost of that guy she killed.....
Nikki has found out more details of "that night" and is yelling at Sharon for telling Michael
Grace has returned on the scene....I gather because she ran into Sharon on the night of the killing
Brittney's has one side of her face all scarred up - don't know why - and her parents are trying to get her a job at the bank
Danny won't let Phyllis see Daniel when he's in town and Phyllis is throwing a fit.....what else is new

More to come on

As the Stomach Turns.......

I can just see Richard now rolling his eyes :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RICHARD
03-10-2004, 05:51 PM

I can just see Richard now rolling his eyes :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You'd think I have a fricking web cam pointed at me....:rolleyes:

trayi52
03-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Give me another DOTD, and another beer for Mario!

Uhhhh, what is Y & R Slick, Val? I'm lost! Find me please!!:confused:

Willie

slick
03-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Uhhhh, what is Y & R Slick, Val? I'm lost! Find me please!!:confused:Willie
The Young & the Restless.....

it's what you watch before you get

Old & Useless :D :D

trayi52
03-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Before your old and useless? I wonder when they will have that show on? The Old an Useless!

Its been a while since I watched any of the soaps..a lonng time.
Thanks for telling me, now I can quit scratching my head and wondering!

Willie

lbaker
03-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Can I just sit in the corner with Mario? I've had a weird time here lately and want to "lurk" because I don't have much to contribute. Just wrote something but deleted it because. Heavens to Betsy gimme a drink!!! "Help me I think I'm falling...."
j.m.

Just read the thing about "Old And Restless" Do any of you remember that Jerry Garcia's first band was called "Old & In The Way"??? Ever feel that way?

trayi52
03-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Mario go sit with Laurie, she needs you. You need anything else Laurie?

Willie

lbaker
03-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Yes Willie, thank you for asking but I think Mario has it covered ;) What a fine lot of people you are, thanks Mario... mmmmm He is a sweet little boy when you grab the beer out of his hands and he rolls his eyes at you ;)

slick
03-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Hi Laurie. How did the "lateral" move go???? Are you having fun yet??

dukedogsmom
03-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Old and Useless..........LMAO!! Ok, Brittney was singing/stripping at Marcino's. Bobby Marcino is one hunk of man, let me tell you. Anyway, she got electrocuted by something in the stripper pole. Ok, now that I'm typing this stuff, I can't believe I watch it! A guy at work(yes, he got me hooked on this) thinks that the guy might not be dead and is going to start messing with Sharon. Who knows? I think it's funny because she needs to get what she deserves.
Now, how's everyone else doing?

Rottieluver45
03-10-2004, 08:00 PM
I hate to burst your bubbles but it`s not thursday-or is it? I`m so confused!!!! :o

trayi52
03-10-2004, 08:07 PM
I'll have another DOTD, and another beer for Mario. Just keep them coming!

Well its Thursdays for some. And well I love Thursdays, no matter what day it comes on!! ;)

halliecat
03-11-2004, 08:52 AM
I'm going to a job fair so no "adult beverages" yet!:( So have a BM waitimg for me when I get back!

MOFF maybe a doughnut would be nice:)

In the meantime it is sunny and should be a warm day:) :) :)

P.S. Slick, Brittney was electrocuted....no rolling of eyes everyone else!

slick
03-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thirsty!!!!!

Brittney electrocuted?????? On purpose, or what??? It really is true about soaps....you can skip a few months and catch up in two epidsodes.:D :D

Nice to have you here Hallicat. I'm going into the back to put on a pot of coffee. I'll line the booze on the bar if you want to "add something special" to your mug.:)

Has anyone seen Johanna or Julie??? Hope they are OK.

Corinna
03-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Good morning all !! I'll have a diet soda. I may have to leave this great place today for a while. At least it won't be as horriable as I first thought.
Tuesday late afternoon a friend of mine had a house fire lost the house and barn. I was so afraid for the animals. YOu see she is a animal rescuer and runs a therapy program for kids. Critters for kids. She matches kids and critters acouple hours a week the kids come to her farm. I just was sick thinking they may have been hyrt or worse. But today's paper only the small house dog was killed. The found the macarw in a tree near by.
I had sold her several of my chins so I was really worried.
The fire inspectors think that a chunk of creasole from cleaning the chimney landed in the attic and caused the fire.
Another freind and I may be going up to help clean up and move them to the 2nd friends rental house .
They of course put all $$ in to the program and did not have insurance. We are trying to find a small trailer for them. The communitty they are in has been helping out a lot since they have been a big help to them. Not only did they run a rescue but a small private food bank (lost it too) . Big hearts that are very sad to day. But glad it wasn't as bad as it could be.
If any one has ever been to www.critters for kids.com or . org I can't renember for sure . this is the folks. Please keep them in your thoughts.

slick
03-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Oh Corinna, that sounds awful. I'm so sorry for the family and the animals and the clients. I guess it will be awhile before they get their feet back on the ground again and it's so nice to hear that the community is pitching in. It's amazing how tragedy can bring people together. Bless you for helping them. Please tell them they are in my thoughts.

Corinna
03-11-2004, 10:36 AM
Thanks as I was sending the post our local radio station did a plea for help for them . Another food bank in the area (for vetrains) is having a fund raiser this weekend and they are going to have a barrel just for them . The biggest thing Lee said she needs is animal feed it was all in the barn. Her big heart she ran out of the house without shoes. Never even asked for any . The paper made mention of it so I'm sure she'll get some soon (if not already) .
This area is very good about this kind of thing in the last 3 months we have had 4 house fires that totalled homes.
The red cross only does so much but all the communities go above and beyond . So the others hold what they can't use and take to the next ones in need.
I love living here it's hard both $$ and weather wise but even if you don't agree with some one , when in need that goes out the door.
We had the same over whelming help during my hubbys cancer troubles and we had only been here 2 months.

gini
03-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Good morning everyone....

Corinna, your post made me so sad - for the animals, for your friends and the children who enjoyed everything.

Is it possible to post a link/or address on how we could help out?

Sometimes so much good comes out of something bad - I hope this will be the case.

Laurie, hope you are having a better day.
Slick, clean those cupboards next week and enjoy your time off.

To drink? Nothing right now, thanks.

Mario, come on over here to Auntie Gini and let me give you a tickle!

slick
03-11-2004, 11:03 AM
I hate to say it but Mario REALLY needs a bath.......

any volunteers????:eek:

trayi52
03-11-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm afraid slick, it will take quite a few volunteers for that. Unless we give him a couple of beers or that drink that was the DOTD last Thursday. He really mellowed out on that one.

So any suggestions?

While we think this over, I think I just need a cup of coffee and just put a splash of something that will make me mellow out.;)

Willie

gini
03-11-2004, 11:13 AM
I hate to say it but Mario REALLY needs a bath.......

eek:

NOW you tell me.........and here he sits on my lap ripe as a banana!!

Logan
03-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Happy Thursday, friends! :)

Richard, I think I would enjoy trying your DOTD. Sounds very interesting! :)

Gini, I am so sad for your niece. :( And Corinna, what horrible news, but how wonderful that your community is coming together for them. I do hope that they will be able to get their program started again. What a blessing for the children and the animals!

Laurie, chin up, girlie! I hope things will start looking up for you soon! :) Roger Cockati+el is helping me type....thought I'd leave a few of his "marks" in here!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Logan

Corinna
03-11-2004, 11:30 AM
Gini thanks for the thought , I will try and get an ad
dress for you guys and Ill start a thread just for it. I went to her web site and it is for sale (doman name) so , I dont know if they get mail at the home address or have a post office box. It is way out inthe country.
I didn't mean to bring every one down. I was just so emotinal about it ,I needed to share both the bad and the good.
Still waiting to hear if I'm going out to help yet. The state fire marshal has not yet been there to confirm the cause so we can't do any thing yet.

Mario needs a bath? My nose must be plug I don't smell any thing !:)

catland
03-11-2004, 11:49 AM
Good morning (afternoon, evening?) everyone. Sorry it took me so long to get here - I've been kind of overwhelmed here at work while I assimilate new tasks. But there's always time for Thursdays!.

I thought at first that I was going to have to change offices, which would have been a major disapointment because I have my desk strategically located so that no one can walk by my office and see that I'm on PT. ;) But I'm staying put.

Corrina - I hope everyone is ok - things like that can sure make the rest of our troubles seem minor.

You guys had me going there when you said that Britney was electocuted since the only Britney I know of is Spears.:eek:

thought for the day - If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that Acme stuff, why didn't he just buy dinner?

I have some of those little trees that you hang in cars - maybe we can just put some of those on Mario.

trayi52
03-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Ummmm, I don't know, think he might just smell like a very rank, smelly tree?:confused:

I still say lets give him lots to drink and then give him a bath!

Here Mario, take a couple of beers, hehehe.;) We do have plans for you young man!!

RICHARD
03-11-2004, 12:29 PM
beers for Mario....
towels for everyone else..

Catland,
LOL, I am moving crap out of my offices and anm worried about my monitor placement.....
;)

Wile E. Coyote....
That would take the fun out of chasing the Roadrunner, no?

Corrina,

Prayers for your friends...
I just got word that a friend's father passed away... Hopefully we can get thru all the bad news lately....seems like there is a little cloud around the planet lately...

Logan,

DOTD....DONE!

Peaches are a happy fruit......they remind me of spring warm days and vacation! Can I give Roger some sunflower seeds?

Welcome Hallie...

Rottie,

We start early for the Aussie contingent....Thursday visits them early so we start around 12 noon Pacific Time!

Corinna
03-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Thanks Richard sorry to hear of your sorrow today as well prayers to you and all.
Gini thanks for the idea I have posted a thread rescuse farm fire. in General. It has the address for the bank this will be just for the animals. The local Cenex that they use all the time has also set up a jar for them there. The only place being a butt ids medicare, dr wrote new perscibtions for Lee and they don't want to pay for it (How do we know it burned up?) Duh I'll send you the paper and the stories!!!!!:( :( :( Stupid Government. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
03-11-2004, 12:46 PM
NOW you tell me.........and here he sits on my lap ripe as a banana!! :D :D Oh, MY! Gini, I got such a laugh out of picturing that, my sides hurt! Thanks, I needed that!

So Mario is putting on airs, huh? I thought the tears in my eyes were from the onions Richard is chopping!

Richard, do you have any of the guacamole flavored Doritos? I love those things. I would like some with a cherry limeade, please.

The cats thank you for the cat nip tea and would like a refill too!:D

slick
03-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by catland
I thought at first that I was going to have to change offices, which would have been a major disapointment because I have my desk strategically located so that no one can walk by my office and see that I'm on PT. ;) But I'm staying put.
:D :D You guys are a scream. This past week when we moved back to our renovated building I got a new office, and unfortunately, because of the size, I don't have much of a choice for "monitor placement" so anyone walking by can see what I see! Fortunately I found a way around it; raise up the chair and sit really tall in front of the monitor and use those airplane ears to listen for footsteps :D :D

So Mario, I guess it's you and me against the bath water. Come on little guy, let's get you cleaned up.

If I'm not back in an hour you can send out a search party.

trayi52
03-11-2004, 01:10 PM
Slick, I'm ready to get wet too, I got the towls so lets give the boy his bath!

So here we go! Get ready for some big time splashing!

RICHARD
03-11-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
:D :D

So Mario is putting on airs, huh? I thought the tears in my eyes were from the onions Richard is chopping!

Putting on airs or putting them out????
Cherry Limeade and guacamole Doritos, catnip tea.

DONE!!

Close the door, Slick!

lbaker
03-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Same, same with the office moves and carefully placed monitors. I now have a window but the way it was set up my back was toward the door and I could look at the monitor and the outside. Looking outside is nice but I had to get tech svc to move the computer over to the side and tilt it so I more or less am sitting sideways. I told them it was a flash back to my earlier, criminal life and I could NOT sit with my back to the door - EVER. hehehe, they didn't say a word and moved me where I wanted. A DOTD if I may please, it may help with a needed attitude adjustment. Would Mario (or Slick) like a soaky toy to play with while bathing? Here's a rubber ducky I found in an old box in the L&F. When did we have rubber duckies here? I must have really been snockered THAT Thursday :p

slick
03-11-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
When did we have rubber duckies here? I must have really been snockered THAT Thursday :p
What happens in the pub, stays in the pub :D
Earlier criminal life :D :D :D

I've left Mario playing in the tub while I sneak in here for a drink. He's actually quite good as long as you keep the beer handy for him to reach. A DOTD please, and thank you.

catland
03-11-2004, 01:19 PM
Rubber Duckie you're the one
You make bath time lots of fun
Rubber Duckie I'm awfully fond of you

lb - my desk is at a 90 degree angle to my door. The window is on the other side. That way my left eye gets to see sunshine and my right eye is on the alert for people who actually want to come into my office to talk to me.

You wouldn't believe all the people here who have a window office and then place their desks so that their back is to the window. On top of it, they then will have their blinds down and closed - I think they are all crazy. I find it very theraputic to be able to look out a window.

RICHARD
03-11-2004, 01:22 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2003-07-31-edit_x.htm

:eek:

slick
03-11-2004, 01:23 PM
I have a co-worker who has strategically placed a mirror on top of her monitor to check for looky-loos :D

Oh Richard, those poor little rubber duckies!!!! What a rescue operation that would be. I can just see them now, bouncing up and down the waves, in the cold stormy weather, quacking for help. :(

trayi52
03-11-2004, 01:30 PM
They illustrate the indestructible nature of seagoing trash, even in the form of harmless looking rubber duckies

This struck me as very funny! Indestructible Rubber Duckies??:eek: Good thing thats what you're letting Mario play with!!

lbaker
03-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Don't know if it's the drink or the conversation but I definately received a well needed attitude adjustment. I mean, how can you have a bad attitude when discussing rubber duckie's :D at Dick's Place :D on Thursday yet :D :D awwwww, look at Mario blowing soap bubbles * or are they bubbly beer belches * :eek:

robinh
03-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Kind sir, I could use another DOTD!

I just want to say thank you to all the regulars and non-regulars at the CyberBar Thursday Club! You brighten my late Wednesdays and Thursdays immeasurably. The lighthearted silliness makes me laugh out loud. Even when I'm having a bad day I can come here, have a drink and unwind.

I have to give Max a bath tonight so I'll pass on helping with Mario.

slick
03-11-2004, 02:05 PM
awwwww, look at Mario blowing soap bubbles * or are they bubbly beer belches * :eek:
Psssst.....

neither, he had a bean burrito for breakfast :eek: :eek:

Better go and dry him off. Back later.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-11-2004, 02:08 PM
BEWARE, if you see bubbles rising in Mario's bath water and he's sitting there with a big grin on his face!
I imagine that would even sink a rubber duckie!:D

RICHARD
03-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Don't know if it's the drink or the conversation but I definately received a well needed attitude adjustment. I mean, how can you have a bad attitude when discussing rubber duckie's :D at Dick's Place :D on Thursday yet :D :D awwwww, look at Mario blowing soap bubbles * or are they bubbly beer belches * :eek:

That's why we are here.

Tray,
He can keep the duck...

Robin,

LOL, cheaper than therapy???:D

DOTD.....DONE!

Slick and MOFF..

LOLOLOLOLOL....Just put the baby powder on him and I'll clean the tub....

gini
03-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Ah, great minds all think alike, I was just about to post that those bubbles ARE NOT coming from Mario's mouth.............so Laurie is he still cute?

Slick - wow, don't close the door - no one will ever be able to go into the bathroom for days!

Rubber Duckies. Reminds me of a story of clients of mine that were to attend a weekend long financial planning meeting at a hotel on the beach in Santa Monica. When they arrived and went to check in - they had arrived very late and their room had been given away. They caused such a stink (no pun intended Mario) that they gave them a suite. The bathroom had rubber duckies in it. The wife brought one of them to the financial planning meeting.

I got a call from the financial planner on Monday - he was not amused!!

Seriously, don't they have rubber ducky races somewhere in the U.S.? We could do that too - so there's no stream close by - drag out the hose..........

sorry about the peaches Richard, I love peaches - just not all mushed up in drinks.

Laurie - a criminal record? I knew I had known you from a past life!!!

catland
03-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Mario - you smell soooo much better now. On behalf of everyone here Slick, we thank you.

We had Rubber Duckie races a while back, don't know if we still do. Its a fund raiser - every duck has a number and the ducks cost $5 each. they are all dumped off a bridge in the Willamette river and float downstream to a "finish" line. There's pretty cool prizes for the winning ducks.:)

halliecat
03-11-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm baaack now! I'll have a BM and make it double please!!!!!

RICHARD
03-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by halliecat
I'm baaack now! I'll have a BM and make it double please!!!!!

lol, Hallie I am sorry and I know it's not nice for a man to ask a woman her age, but.......

Have I carded you yet???:eek:

I trust you are "of age".....sooooooooo

One double BM......Done!!!!

Catland,

Just don't do that to Mario..

Gini,
I am working of a Mango Margarita recipe for you!!

Has anyone seen T&P's mom???

slick
03-11-2004, 03:52 PM
I'll vouch for Halliecat Richard. Just put it on my bar tab.

Yes, Mario does smell alot better. There's nothing worse than a stinky furbaby :eek:

Richard, if that promise to clean out the tub was for real, it's waiting for you. Better wear rubber gloves and a mask. It's not very pretty in there.

North Vancouver has an annual Duckie Race every year to raise money for different charities. I've never seen it but if you can imagine a couple of thousand rubber duckies all floating down a narrow river, it's bound to bring a smile. I heard that some people even dress up their duckies before setting them afloat.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Has anyone seen T&P's mom???

Funny you should ask - I was just on my way. ;)

I have to rant and can I please please PLEASE win the lottery so I can quit my job? please?

First of all I need a good strong...hmmm....Hurricane please?

Ok now for the rant. I've basically just been told I'm a second class citizen. I'm lucky enough to have a profit sharing account here at work through Wachovia. Well I just discovered yesterday that all of our accounts for Wachovia for work are "fee free" except for mine. I ranted to my boss a little bit about it and he said he'd ask our "guy" about it when he talked to him today. So my boss just called and said the reason every other account is "fee free" is because he has X amount of dollars there, and the reason I have fees is because my account isn't worth that much. And don't get me wrong, it's not like my account is worth a few hundred dollars. It's what I would consider a substantial amount - but evidently it's just not enough for Mr. Ionlydealwithpeoplewithalotofmoney! And this comes on top of basically being blown off by the guy when I called a few weeks ago to ask for some advice on how I should switch my portfolio around. If I could have, I would have taken all my money out right then and there, and now he relegates me to a second class citizen. My boss said that the guy said that when I get to my bosses level, then I'll have no fees either. I told my boss that when I get to that level I won't be with this guy anymore. I so wish I could move my money to somebody who would appreciate it instead of looking down on me because I don't have as much as some of his other clients. God I am so aggrivated! I sat here all day being the dutiful employee - only peeking at PT now and then - and then I get slapped in the face with this! Well, guess who's not doing anymore work today and might just call in sick tomorrow!!! There aren't enough :mad: :mad: 's for me to express how aggrivated I am.

So, the first Hurricane is finished, can I please have another one? Although I better not have too many because I might do something rash and just quit or something......:mad:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the "guy" is a friend of my boss's, so my boss could have persuaded him to do my account fee free too if he had wanted to bad enough. My boss is starting to get a little arrogant these days too. He never used to be that way, but I've noticed in the last couple of years that he has lorded the "I've got more money than you" thing over me a few times, and that is unacceptable in my book. In my book it doesn't mean a thing to me how much money you have, it's the person you are inside that matters, and I'm starting to feel a little....shall we say....looked down upon lately. Anybody need a good office manager out there?

And one more Hurricane and I think I'll be able to put this behind me and enjoy the rest of the day. :mad: ;) :D

Miss Meow
03-11-2004, 04:40 PM
T&P's Mom, ask your boss

Are you rich or do you just have money?

-----------------------

What do monkeys smell like?

Another peachy smeachy thingy please :)

slick
03-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Hi Debbie: I was wondering where you were.

That's the thing about PT and Thursdays. You can come here with any mood you want and we'll welcome you and listen. Nothing like a couple of good drinks to go along with the good company to set you back on track.

I know just what you mean about the "looked down upon" syndrome. You should meet my brother :rolleyes:

Enclosed please find $100 in lottery tickets :) Good luck.

RICHARD
03-11-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Funny you should ask - I was just on my way. ;)

I have to rant and can I please please PLEASE win the lottery so I can quit my job? please?

First of all I need a good strong...hmmm....Hurricane please?

Hurricane, on it's way.......Done!

I had a similar kind of rant about my new boss.....he's one of those 'super tekkies'
(gonna slam the nerds and geeks, bear with me....)
He has 'ALL his computers set up in his house, his PS2 and I am gonna get an Xbox because PS2 isn't a challenge anymore....' Like am I supposed to be impressed that he does data base management, plays video games, earns more than me but can't change the oil in his car???

LOL, I have yet to meet an under 35 IT'er that can
scratch his arse without having to write a program , beta test it and snivel that he could do better than Bill Gates....AH's can tell you about Pentium chips and Operating Systems but do not have a glimmer or notion of where the electricity comes from to run the machines....love technologies, but I can't stand the Gen x,y and z puppies coming up thru the ranks..

He then told me that everyone he has trained has eventually taken over his job....But "they could never take over MY job because I know more than they do!" I looked at him and said, "I wouldn't want your job. When I go home I don't want to see a computer." Don't treat me like an idiot because I can't write a DB2 report or install a firewall...

I'm gonna die sunburned and doing something fun outdoors..

Not pasty-skinned on my couch, from a gunshot wound because another nerd is pissed because he lost at Dungeons and Dragons.

Luddites! Unplug!!

T&P,
Ask If you can get someone else to manage your account....and when asked why, tell them you feel like Mr Money, because he's friends with the boss, may have a conflict of interest...

P.s. My boss is younger than me and colors his hair...........Sissy........

catland
03-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Like am I supposed to be impressed that he does data base management, plays video games, earns more than me but can't change the oil in his car???

and how many of the well off got their college educations from the sweat of the brow of their working class parents.:eek:

Fortunately, I'm married to someone who knows plumbing, electrical, drywall....

but he doesn't know how to fold clothes or put them away.:p :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-11-2004, 05:12 PM
P.s. My boss is younger than me and colors his hair...........Sissy........

:D :D My boss is only 3 years older than me and he's loosing his hair - na, na! ;) :D

And, using your example, I might be impressed with his data basing and game playing and such, if he was duly impressed with what I do for a living. But treat me like an idiot and you're going to get the same in return. There are a lot of my boss's "friends" that treat me this way and I guess I've sort of gotten used to it and just wrote them off, so after I stopped and thought about it I'm not sure why I let this one bother me. I hope he chokes on the $40.00 fee that he's charging. Yes, Mr. Megabucks can't even waive a measly $40.00 ANNUAL fee. And for me, it's not the $40.00, it's the principal of the thing that galls me. That guy's probably worth a couple million and he can't even waive a measly $40.00 fee. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna die sunburned and doing something fun outdoors..
Me too! And I might not be a millionaire, but I'll be happy and more importantly, I'll be a good person and not look down on those who have less than I do!

Thanks for the lotto tickets, Slick! I'm not greedy so if I win anything off them I'll be sure and share with the Thursday gang. :D

Miss Meow, I used to think he was rich, but I'm beginning to wonder......:(

Ok, one more Hurricane for the road. I'm wasting my life sitting in traffic so I get a good paycheck. I think I need a good dose of Jimmy Buffet and Margaritaville to set me straight as to what's important in this life.....

"WASTING AWAY AGAIN IN MARGARITAVILLE. SEARCHING FOR MY LOST SHAKER AND SALT...." ;) :D

Thanks for listening to me rant guys. The Hurricane's have done their duty and I'm feeling much better now. :D I'll check in again when I get home.

RICHARD
03-11-2004, 05:33 PM

Fortunately, I'm married to someone who knows plumbing, electrical, drywall....

but he doesn't know how to fold clothes or put them away.:p :D

LOL,

Your hubby is a bigger man than I am....I HATE plumbing.....

But, I can fold a mean t-shirt...

T&P
You car pool with a Shaker????

It is the principal.....that's why they can't see around it....they have no principals....

DONE!!

MM,

Peachy smeachy...ON THE WAY!!!!

DONE...

Aren't we a fine group?

and BTW......

What do monkeys smell like???

Hell!!!

(just kidding, Mario.....)

That was my one of my dad's lines......
If he'd walk into an offensive smell he'd wrinkle his nose, shake his head and say, "Smell like Hell..." with his accent, it was really funny!

So whenever I hear someone ask, What does _________ smell like? I laugh and answer, 'Smell like Hell.....' Thanks for the laugh....

gini
03-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Mango Margarita Recipe

1 1/4 cups of cubed Mango
6 oz. Tequila
6 oz. Sour Mix
2 oz. Triple Sec
ice
Into your blender, pour in the liquids, then the cubed mango. Blend for 10-15 seconds. Now add the ice and blend for another 30+ seconds. For extra kicks, add a piece of payaya.

T & P - so glad that you could feel you could rant all you want with us at Thursdays. I do feel for you.

Look at it this way...........

1. My boss is a real "b _ _ _ _ _"
2. She insists on perfection.
3. She insists on meeting deadlines.
4. She insists I be on time (and I never am)
5. I hate it when you go to ask her for vacation time.
6. Forget getting a raise - she is tighter than a tick with $$
7. I asked for health insurance and she said sure, but I had to
pay for it.
8. She expects me to work overtime for nothing extra.
9. She always brings her three cats to work with her and they
sit on my desk!
10 And she expects me to clean the office from time to time.

(I am self-employed/work alone)

slick
03-11-2004, 06:33 PM
Say a prayer for SAS. She lost Winter today. Check out Pet Memorial. :(

catland
03-11-2004, 06:54 PM
oh Slick - that's so sad for SAS. Thanks for letting us know.:(

trayi52
03-11-2004, 07:17 PM
I am really sorry to hear that, she sure was a cute little bunny, she looked like a little stuffed toy she was so cute.

Dern I need a drink, give me what TP is drinking, if it works for her, it just has to work for me, and make it a double!

Give our little stinky ;) Mario a beer too.

slick
03-11-2004, 07:21 PM
I know our hearts are heavy now with another PT loss, but here's a little something to lighten the mood.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Have you ever wondered what happened to Cinderella?
Cinderella is now 75 years old. After a fulfilling life with the now dead Prince, she happily sits upon her rocking chair, watching the world go by from her front porch, with a cat named Bob for companionship.
One sunny afternoon, out of no where, appeared the Fairy Godmother. Cinderella said "Fairy Godmother, what are you doing here after all these years?" The Fairy godmother replied, "Cinderella, you have lived an exemplary life since I last saw you. Is there anything for which your heart still yearns?"

Cinderella was taken aback, overjoyed, and after some thoughtful consideration, and almost under her breath she uttered her first wish: "I wish I were wealthy beyond comprehension." Instantly, her rocking chair was turned into solid gold. Cinderella was stunned. Bob, her old faithful cat, jumped off her lap and scampered to the edge
of the porch, quivering with fear.

Cinderella said, "Oh thank you, Fairy Godmother." The Fairy Godmother replied "It is the least I can do. What does your heart want for your second wish?" Cinderella looked down at her frail body, and said: "I wish I were young and full of the beauty of youth again". At once, her wish became reality, and her beautiful youthful visage returned. Cinderella felt stirrings inside her that had been dormant for years. A long-forgotten vigor and vitality began to course through her.

Then the Fairy Godmother again spoke, "You have one more wish, what shall you have?" Cinderella looks over to the frightened cat in the corner and says, "I wish for you to transform Bob, my old cat, into a kind and handsome young man." Magically, Bob suddenly underwent so fundamental a change in his biological make-up that, when complete he stood before her, a man so beautiful the likes of which neither she nor the world had ever seen.

The Fairy Godmother again spoke, "Congratulations, Cinderella. Enjoy your new life." And, with a blazing shock of bright blue electricity, she was gone. For a few eerie moments, Bob and Cinderella looked into each others eyes.

Cinderella sat, breathless, gazing at the most stunningly perfect man she had ever seen. Then Bob walked over to Cinderella, who sat transfixed in her rocking chair, and held her close in his young muscular arms. He leaned in close, blowing her golden hair with his warm breath as he whispered:

Bet you're sorry you neutered me now".

trayi52
03-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Slick, you know I thought about that when I had Stubby neutered. Now what if when I am old and gray the same thing happened? Should I have Stubby neutered or not?:confused: Almost decided to keep him intact, then thought Ahh what the heck, when that times comes he will probably already have ran off with some cat beauty. So what the heck, I'll just have them whacked. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-11-2004, 07:52 PM
I was just laughing to myself at Gini's "boss" when I went to the next post and heard about Winter. I'm so sad! She was such a cutie pie. I'm off to the thread to find out more. :(

Corinna
03-11-2004, 07:56 PM
well we didn't get any where on a trailer yet but have a couple places left to check. I'll take a diet coke.
I didn't get the job at the hardware store so I'll be back up at west glacier this summer . I really hadn't planed on even getting a interveiw at the hardware store. 2 postions open and 4 applicants The manger said he really had a hard time choosing between all of us. He will keep me in mind if one of these doesn't work out. Since I had a job already , he wanted to try out the 2 he chose. Ok by me I'll make more per hour and its full time. versus part time.
I like my job in the park so it worked out ok.

Heres a toast to Winter and sas !
Got my pet swap box today, Merlin and the rabbit went nuts. Cats and Lady thought being out side in SUNSHINE was more important.

gini
03-12-2004, 12:21 AM
I am so so sorry to hear about SAS losing Winter. What an adorable bunny she was.

Maybe we should think about having a Memorial wall at Thursdays and we could periodically stop and all drink a toast to the beloved furkids romping around at the Rainbow Bridge.

For now, I raise my glass to Winter - a precious baby taken away too soon.

RICHARD
03-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Corrina, diet coke.

DONE.

T&P and Tray,

Hurricanes, DONE..

Mario,

Beer, DONE!

And also a moment to remember Winter and all the people in Spain......

catland
03-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Good morning everyone -

Yes Richard - a moment of silence for the people killed or injured in Spain and for thier loved ones who have to deal with the aftermath.

Slick - great story - its good to have some levity in these serious times.

Well, its cleanup time at the bar - Richard, have you scrubbed ou the tub after Mario's bath? Mario - you smell so sweet now - was that lavender soap that Slick used?

Think I'll make a pitcher of BMs. Anyone care to join me?

slick
03-12-2004, 12:15 PM
Think I'll make a pitcher of BMs. Anyone care to join me?
Hi Catland: sure I'll join you. I've done about as much housecleaning as I can take this week so I'm ready to parteeee.

Actually I used some Tea-Tree soap on Mario; I'm told it repels fleas.

My prayers going out to the people of Spain.

trayi52
03-12-2004, 12:23 PM
I'll join you catland, I need something this morning.

If Richard hasn't cleaned the tub, I'll go clean it. Mario does smell nice don't he? Thanks for giving him a much needed bath slick.

That was really bad news in Spain, when is this all going to end?

And then theres poor little Winter too.

A moment of silence is in order...

RICHARD
03-12-2004, 12:25 PM

If Richard hasn't cleaned the tub, I'll go clean it. Mario does smell nice don't he? Thanks for giving him a much needed bath slick.

IT'S DONE.....

NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG.... :rolleyes:

Come on Catland.......

let's rock!

lbaker
03-12-2004, 12:31 PM
* nudge nudge * is there room for me to belly-up to the bar with you guys? BM sounds perfect. May saner minds than those responsible in Spain prevail on this fragile earth with the coming spring & summer.

Speaking of fleas by the way, I found out (after all these years and all the dogs & cats I've had :rolleyes: ) that brewer's yeast sprinkled on some dog or cat food works like magic to control fleas AND mosquitos. Works for humans too. It evidently creates a smell that fleas & mosquitos can't stand but that's not noticed by humans (or presumedly dogs or cats). Really, it works.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-12-2004, 12:37 PM

Speaking of fleas by the way, I found out (after all these years and all the dogs & cats I've had :rolleyes: ) that brewer's yeast sprinkled on some dog or cat food works like magic to control fleas AND mosquitos. Works for humans too. It evidently creates a smell that fleas & mosquitos can't stand but that's not noticed by humans (or presumedly dogs or cats). Really, it works. I've heard a drop or two of garlic jucie added to water, does the same thing. None of my animals would drink water with that in it though!

Oooooo, Mario, you do smell nice! Did you get into Richard's cologne?

Could I get some nachos? and a cherry limeade?:D

lbaker
03-12-2004, 12:44 PM
My dogs would eat garlic if I mixed it up with enough butter :p

RICHARD
03-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

Oooooo, Mario, you do smell nice! Did you get into Richard's cologne?

Could I get some nachos? and a cherry limeade?:D

That's not my cologne..........have you been cheating Mario?

Nachos and Cherry Limeade...Done.

Laurie.

BM for you.....brewer's yeast????

LOL,
one day I'll tell you about my yeast infection!!!:eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-12-2004, 01:05 PM
No, I didn't call in sick today because I remembered one of the Union auditors was scheduled to be here. So she's finally gone, but now the boss is on his way in, and he's in the dog house as far as I'm concerned, so hopefully he'll only stay a short while and then leave me be. :rolleyes:

Moment of silence for all the people in Spain.

BM please? :D

And Richard, I don't know, will hearing about your yeast infection be more than we need to know? :eek:

RICHARD
03-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

And Richard, I don't know, will hearing about your yeast infection be more than we need to know? :eek:

I don't know.....I was sick and decided to take some "cillin"
pills that my mom had on hand...(I was out of work and thought my insurance had lapsed....) The 'cillin' killed all the stuff in my system and I ended up with a raging yeast infection........I'll leave the details out.....:D.......man alive........it was terrible.

BM for you!!!

DONE!

Corinna
03-12-2004, 01:22 PM
well yet another reason that Richard is so sensitive to us women! \
I'll have an reg.diet coke , moment for Spain.
What is with the world ?

lbaker
03-12-2004, 01:22 PM
T-M-I :eek: :eek: ;) :D

slick
03-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Ok Richard, that's WAYYYY TOO MUCH INFORMATION than I need today :eek: :eek:

BTW since daytime TV sucks, I've just finished making a batch of low-calorie doggie biscuits and they are in the oven baking. Can you smell them?????

Next week, it's Peanut butter, cheese and beef flavoured bickies. At work they all tease me because I call them SLICKIE'S BICKIE'S.:D

RICHARD
03-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Ok Richard, that's WAYYYY TOO MUCH INFORMATION than I need today :eek: :eek:

And to think I was patronizing you all the week we did 'hot flashes'...

I hate you all!

wait a second,

Corinna,
Diet Coke.....DONE!

O.k., NOW I hate you all.....;)

Corinna
03-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Now now Honney(pats richards hand) we all go thru these little mood swings.

Omg what am I doing??

slick
03-12-2004, 01:43 PM
It's OK Corinna, we all slip from time to time.....

Richard: did you know that middle-aged men to through something called Andropause???? check it out....

http://www.andropause.com/

No wonder you are so senstive to our needs ;)

lbaker
03-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Poor Richard is having a hissy-fit and Slick is making low-cal dog bisquits and she has two cats? um, what was in those DOTD after all :confused: ;)

gini
03-12-2004, 01:56 PM
I'd chime in, but I think you gals are doing just fine ragging (no pun intended) on Richard without me.

trayi52
03-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Ump! I think my husband has been going through that since the day we got married! He likes to embarass me in front of my friends by yelling at me about stupid things like I am some kind of kid. I think I'll slip my old man a hormone pill!;)

Give me more to drink! Lots to drink! and make it a double!!

slick
03-12-2004, 02:10 PM
I'd chime in, but I think you gals are doing just fine ragging (no pun intended) on Richard without me.
Richard, you know we tease you because we love you......

It's like you are in elementary school all over again.......

RICHARD
03-12-2004, 02:21 PM

It's like you are in elementary school all over again.......

And you all are like the big sisters that I look up to.....

lololololol.

Here's a good one....My boss walks into give me the new report to catch the errors on the data I am putting into the machines.....

He makes the report identify personnel as primary and secondary.......1=primary, 0=secondary......

I tell him that I have to brush up on my binary codes, as a joke....(It's a basic computer code... 1=on, 0=off.........)

He looks at me and says, "that shouldn't be too hard...."

no smile or laugh......:rolleyes:

Captain,
That was highly illogical....sheesh!

2kitties
03-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Well, they kicked my dreamweaver off Survivor last night. My fantasy of being the middle of a Colby/Boston Rob sammich ended when they snuffed his torch.
I'll need a bloody mary please.

RICHARD
03-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
My fantasy of being the middle of a Colby/Boston Rob sammich ended when they snuffed his torch.
I'll need a bloody mary please.

Hopefully it's a low carb sammich.....lololol

DONE!....the BM, NOT the sammich....;)

Corinna
03-12-2004, 04:23 PM
ok I need a hot buttered rum. I have been putting 3 address books in to 1 a small one to have in my purse. Who in the h**l keeps 3 different address books. I need to get back to work . Com on April5th. I'll miss you all unless I have Thursdays off again this year. :p

slick
03-12-2004, 04:43 PM
Well, I'm on my second batch of bickies, this time Veggie ones with peas & carrots. Oh, the dogs are going to love me :)
Corinna: my brother was trying to talk me into getting a Palm Pilot for all my addresses.......I looked at his and it looked like a 747 cockpit.......

I can put a server together but can't figure out to get to the address book from the main menu......:rolleyes:

Gee, I sound like someone of the "IT" people that work in Richard's office.........

trayi52
03-12-2004, 04:53 PM
How about a good old homemade biscuit? Anyone?? I am making them myself....

RICHARD
03-12-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
ok I need a hot buttered rum. I have been putting 3 address books in to 1 a small one to have in my purse. Who in the h**l keeps 3 different address books. I need to get back to work . Com on April5th. I'll miss you all unless I have Thursdays off again this year. :p

Hot buttered rum.....

DONE!

slick,
You have a sense of humor....the boss was just in here to ask about cataract surgeries.....since they are done across the street I told him that "I didn't SEE alot of them...."

no reaction:rolleyes:

Tray,

Aww, serve me up a couple...:D

trayi52
03-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Now where did that hockey stick go??;)

slick
03-12-2004, 05:50 PM
slick, You have a sense of humor....the boss was just in here to ask about cataract surgeries.....since they are done across the street I told him that "I didn't SEE alot of them...."
no reaction:rolleyes:
:D :D :D If it were me I would have said "No, but I'll keep and eye for it..."

G.P.girl
03-12-2004, 05:59 PM
ok i'm making a first attempt to use imagestation and i didn't want to make a new thread or anything. if this works there should be a picture of my best friend cramming a Big Mac
*fingers crossed* :p

EDIT: GRRRRRRR....:rolleyes:

Edit again: ok...one more time... HELP!!! PLEASE!:o

catland
03-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Its almost quitting time - yippee!! You guys sure have been having a lot of fun here today.

Slick - I often talk people through wierdnesses with MS Office or Word or Excel but the other day I had to send a fax and I needed help. :p

Then one day I wanted to reset the postage meter to the correct date. Turns out ours is so old that you have to open it up and MANUALLY turn the gears.:eek:

Have a great weekend everyone - I predict that the garden shops are going to be mobbed in my neck of the woods tomorrow - spring is here and people are itching to get out in the yard. - and not because of any fleas off of Mario.

lbaker
03-13-2004, 07:14 AM
Throw a little brewers yeast in Marios beer and we don't have to worry about fleas ;) Techie stuff? I live on PetTalk and still can't post pictures, nor can I figure out how to do both color text and large text at the same time ... can you spell TROGLODYTE? LUDDITE? I'm helpless so don't make fun of me. I make a mean crabcake though :p

momoffuzzyfaces
03-13-2004, 11:59 AM
I just noticed trayi52 has passed the 3000 posts. I started a thread for her. If she all ready had one, I missed it or forgot about it. (Senior moment?)
ANYWAY CONGRATULATIONS!

Remind me to buy you and Mario a drink! (couldn't be rude and leave him out)!;) :D

trayi52
03-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Thank you, you know we owe it all to Mario! And we will take a beer for our Mario, and I think I take a Hot Buttered Rum.

Mario the sweet, sweet boy!! Don't we all just love him?

Willie:)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-13-2004, 12:15 PM

Mario the sweet, sweet boy!! Don't we all just love him?

Willie:) Yes, we do! He sure knows how to liven up a party!

Beer for him and hot buttered rum for you.
To quote our bar keep:
DONE!:D

RICHARD
03-13-2004, 01:22 PM
thanks MOFF,

You rock!

Thank you Mario!!

and finally..

Laurie,

who needs tech when you can have crab cakes?:D

slick
03-13-2004, 01:30 PM