PDA

View Full Version : Wooohooo!

Russian Blue
03-10-2004, 02:06 PM
Today I am officially employed full time!!

I accepted a job offer and start work on Monday. I had two interviews this past week and beat out 50 other applicants who originally applied for the job! Wooohooooo! :D

For the past while I have been either unemployed, underemployed, or have taken short piddly little contracts to keep the bills paid. The stress at times was unbearable and that's why I lurked more than posted here at PT.

Plus, to top things off, we had a sewage backup which flooded our basement this past weekend. Thank god the insurance will cover most things. The contractors are still trying to dry out the basement and there are 20 fans and dehumidifiers whirling away in my basement as I type this. Nakita is not impressed! ;)

Here's a pic of the basement:

http://img29.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Water_Level.jpg

This is a pic of my favourite stone art piece that sucked up the contaminated water. We don't think we can salvage it.

http://img29.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Water_Damage_-_Stone_Carving.jpg

Now that I'm working full time, I won't have much time on PT :( . But the good news is now I can buy my own digital camera and take even better pics of Nakita! :) I've been dying to have my own camera, but of course the mortgage and daily bills come first.

So please wish me luck in my new job & I'll try to keep up on all the posts here at PT when I can.

Have a great weekend!

;)

Nomilynn
03-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Congrats on the new job! I hope you really enjoy it.

Too bad about the basement though.. maybe this can be an excuse to really spruce it up though :)

Good luck with it all, and more Nakita pics when you have the chance ;)

catlover4ever
03-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Congrats, congrats, congrats..... I wish you the very best of luck in your new job. While I am sad that you will not be able to be on the site very much, I will be looking forward to seeing wonderful pictures of Nakita and to hear about your new job. --- Meg

Miss Meow
03-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Congratulations on your new job! :D

I'm sorry about your basement. It takes so long to remove the mess and the smell :(

Steffi N
03-10-2004, 03:18 PM
CONGRATULATIONS

Best of luck on the new job. Looking forward to digital pics of Nakita.

ramanth
03-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Congrats and good luck on the new job!! :D

So sorry about the basement and stone art. That piece is Beautiful! Are you sure you can't set it out in the sun and let it dry out? :(

kimlovescats
03-10-2004, 04:05 PM
What wonderful news about your new job! Sorry about the flooded basement ... but at least it didn't get into the house! ;)

catnapper
03-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Congrats! That is a great feeling! Go splurge on a few new work outfits:) You deserve it.

jazzcat
03-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Congrats on the new job.

As far as the new camera, could you even make better pictures of Nakita? All your others have been so beautiful that I will have to see to believe. Of course I think Nakita would look gorgeous on a Polariod instant camera.:D

moosmom
03-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Russian Blue,

Congratulations on the new job!!! Believe me, I KNOW exactly how you feel about being unemployed, underemployed, etc. I'm working part-time at Bed, Bath & Beyond until I can find something in my field. The job market is pretty pathetic so I'm getting as many hours as I can at Triple B.

Look forward to seeing you on PT whenever you can!!

krazyaboutkatz
03-11-2004, 12:13 AM
Congrats on your new job!!!:D I'm so sorry to hear about your flooded basement.:( Hopefully the damage won't be too bad.

Vio&Juni
03-11-2004, 09:03 AM
This is great news! I know how you must feel, I remember when I was accepted at this job (or I accepted it :) ), I felt so relieved that finally I don't have to look for work for a while :)

I am sorry about your basement. We had a flooding the evening I brought Pichu home - so, we were trying to clean as quick as we could, keep Juni away from the bathroom and make her shut up and wash and snuggle Pichu :) That was a crazy evening, but from that day flooding doesn't have the same associations as before for me :).

Russian Blue
03-11-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
Congrats and good luck on the new job!! :D

So sorry about the basement and stone art. That piece is Beautiful! Are you sure you can't set it out in the sun and let it dry out? :(

The stone art was the only thing in the basement that I was worried about! I loved that piece. From my initial research, it seems that it will be really hard to get the water line out of the stone. And, even if the line is able to be faded, that whole end will be another colour since it would be hard to match. You can't really see from the picture, but the overall stone is a faded sage green colour.

Thanks everyone for passing on good luck at the job vibes! I hope I do well at my new job!

;)

catmandu
03-11-2004, 09:17 AM
That is Wonderful news about the New Job. As any Job Searcher knows , it is a hard thing to have to Job Search , as you have todeal , with rejection , and in some cases rudeness! And Nakita is so proud of YOU, as I am sure are all Pet Talkers. Found CAts MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW For You , and Nakita!