PDA

View Full Version : Non-verbal communication!

gini
03-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Rascal and I - well, we are thicker than thieves anyway - but I had no idea he could just jump into my mind this way.

It has been happening a lot lately - he wants something and he just sits and stares at me.

He did it again this morning. He sat behind me and just stared. I am on this computer, but "something" made me turn around and look at him. Usually the words "feed me", or "pet me" or "let me outside" come to my mind.

And of course, I get up immediately to do his bidding.

Barbara
03-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Hehehe. Soon it will happen that you wake up in the middle of the night (or walk in sleep) because you are controlled by the thought: Rascal needs breakfast.

He won't even need to jump on your stomach anymore (these are tthe methods around here :() to make sure you understand:D

RedHedd
03-10-2004, 10:58 AM
Yup - my two do this. Mitzi is the expert at sitting and staring at me while I'm on the 'puter and "something" makes me look down and see her looking up at me worshipfully. I LOVE that look; it always results in a little kitty love session. They've got us well trained! ;)

ramanth
03-10-2004, 12:29 PM
You might think me crazy Gini, but I believe in empathy.

My friend is a little more empathic than I and when she comes over she says Kia's thoughts are like... "LOVE ME! LOVE ME! PET ME! PET ME!" LOL!

Plus, I believe over time we build a bond with our pets. :)

Miss Meow
03-10-2004, 03:08 PM
Ah ha, he has achieved the ultimate mind control! :D

Edwina's Secretary
03-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Edwina does the staring thing....sometimes she follows me around and just sits and stares.....gets kind of spooky sometimes...but ALWAYS gets my attention.

slick
03-10-2004, 04:13 PM
I don't so much get stared at, but poked and meowed at. I try to no feed the kitties until about 7pm so when His Highnee Max gets up from his exhausting day-long nap at 5pm, he make several trips to where I am and pokes me in the leg as if to say......

excuuuuuzzze me.........I'm hungry over here

He starts howling if I don't respond within an hour :D :D

Speckles on the other hand will come over to me on the puter and gently touch my leg with her paw and stare at me at the same time.

Laura's Babies
03-10-2004, 04:21 PM
I read somewhere years ago that you could communicate with your cat this way and they could with you... I have tried it and thought I never got results.... could they have been ignoring me? I believe you and I think it must be true... I did read that! You stare at them and think your thoughts and they could pick them up.

Nomilynn
03-11-2004, 01:49 AM
Bassett and I can communicate like this. I can tell by her body language if the food dishes are empty (they free feed). Then when I ask her, "Oh I guess you need food?" she meows and runs to the food bin as if to say "Well duh, about time you noticed"

She's too special :D

catcrazylady
03-11-2004, 07:40 AM
Whenever any of my cats look at me I usually know what they want or what they are about to do. I think they can do the same with me. I guess when you live with each other for long periods of time you pick up all of their certain looks and postures. Staring usually means stop what your doing right now and pay attention!!
:D :D :D :D

sirrahbed
03-11-2004, 09:05 AM
oh YES. There are stares, little nods, gestures, etc. I think I can usually tell just what it is they want. Now when Miss Emily plops down on her back at my feet and stares up at me, it does not take too much to figure out it means "rub belly NOW slave!" Usually, Dylan is telling me he simply wants company while he eats!! Silly kitty!
Sometimes I wake up to Eliot inches from my face, staring all wide eyed. This one still startles me and I am not sure what it means. Hubby says he does this often if I sleep in or if I have a migraine. Just checking to see if I am breathing??? He just runs off when I look at him:rolleyes:

catmandu
03-11-2004, 09:26 AM
My Cats and I exchange eye blinks , head bumps and Kitty Kissies , all the TIME!