PDA

View Full Version : I haven't been on for awhile...Want to say HELLO and I feel like chatting

RobiLee
03-10-2004, 08:17 AM
HELLO!

I haven't been around much lately. I'm sure I've got lots to catch up on and tons of pictures to look at. I hope I haven't missed too much.

I've been pretty busy lately and haven't had much time to get on the computer. The store I work at decided they needed to cut back and basically got rid of some long time full timers with benefits. One of them being my office buddy and friend who has worked there for 25 years! Now that she is gone I have picked up some more hours, which I guess is good for me but I hate that its because she is gone now. She is doing really well though and is just enjoying her unemployment right now.

I've also been busy working out at Curves. I really like it! I've been at it for a little over a month now and I've lost lots of inches and just in the last few weeks I've dropped 7 pounds. This is without even really dieting! This is just from the exercise alone. I can only imagine what I could do if I could get my eating under control. That part needs alot of work! I have alot of weight to lose and I don't know if that will ever happen but I do know that I will keep working out because it makes me feel good and is such a great mind and stress reliever. Which is just what the doctor ordered! Don't get me wrong though, there are days when I just do not feel like dragging my butt to the gym but when I do I always feel better and am so glad that I did! I have been going 5 days a week now. I guess you could say I'm quite proud of myself..hehehe.

The family is doing well and Katie is her usual adorable self...lol. She is my big baby!! I was at the dentist yesterday and the girl who cleans my teeth knows me a bit by now and I hadn't seen her for awhile because I was sick and the cancer meds and radiation made it hurt too much to have my teeth cleaned (isn't that weird)...anyhoo....she asks me if I'm all better and what I'm up to now and of course I just happen to have a few pics of Katie in my purse and I pull those out..hehehe. She loved them and said keep those out for the dr. to see. When the dr. came in to check me out I showed her the pics and she went nuts and was saying what a huge dog lover she was and actually kissed Katies pictures it was so funny. Then when she was through looking at my teeth she had me go to her office so I could see her dogs. She has an adorable little beagle and a cute litte eskimo mix. They were the cutest pictures all done in a fall theme. Needless to say, I think she is the best dentist...lol.

I took a bunch of pics of Katie the other day when we were out on a big walk. I will probably post them later in dog general.

Well, that is a little bit of what I have been doing. I just felt like chatting a bit. I would love to hear from the rest of you and hear what you have been doing lately and how you are? C'mon let me hear from everyone!!!!

Have a great day everyone....Robin :)

wolfie
03-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Hi! Welcome back! ^_^

My life is boring. :p Lets see... I'm on vacation this week. And that's about it. Didn't do much. :) Oh, actually I went snowboarding last weekend! It was a late b-day present from my dad. It was really fun, but we were all really sore the next day!

G.P.girl
03-10-2004, 09:04 AM
i was wondering were you went:) i'm glad you're back
doesn't exersize make you feel good? i love sports. of course my mom won't let me go to the gym, so i just have to sign up for track (which should be alot of fun anyway)
me thinks i've lost wieght too, but i'm one of those people who can lose wieght really fast, and put it back on just as fast. i've actually been doing these exersizes that are

micki76
03-10-2004, 09:51 AM
Hi Robin! Glad to hear all is well with you! :D

I've been considering trying Curves. Mind if I ask you some questions? Are they classes or do you go like a regular gym and do your own thing? If you do your own thing, is there some guidance from a trainer or anything? How long do you work out? Is that all it is, a work out? No special diet?

I can't do diets because of a surgical complication that left me with abdominal adheasions, so I have to eat a low fiber, virtually vegetable free diet or risk a bowel obstruction. Needless to say I'm fatter than I've ever been and totally out of shape. I've got to lose some weight or I risk diabetes. :(

Thanks! Any info is appreciated! :)

Logan
03-10-2004, 10:55 AM
Welcome back, Robin! Glad that you are feeling good, but I am so sorry about the changes at your work. :( I know that your friend sure sounds as if she has a wonderful attitude. I'm glad she's enjoying her "vacation".

The Curves news is wonderful! Good for you!!! I may have to check it out as I have been hearing so many good things about it.

Logan

PS. Can't wait to see those new pictures of Katie!!!! :)

anna_66
03-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Hi Robin, glad to see you finally had some time to stop in and say howdy:D

It really sounds as if this Curves is a great place. Kudos to you!!

Not much going on in our part of Ohio, unless you count that I'm finally after 15 years getting a new washer & dryer!! We figured since it takes 2 hours to dry one load, we were way overdue;)
The kiddies are all doing fine and the girls & I are looking forward to going to Findlay next month. We sure hope you and Katie will be there:D

ramanth
03-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Great to hear from you Robin! :D

trayi52
03-10-2004, 12:31 PM
Robin, it is really good to hear from you. I have been wondering where you went to.

The curves thing sound really good, I would also like to hear more about it. So give us some info here!

Not much happening here with me, just the same old, same old! Hey we did finally get a pretty good snow here! It melted off in about 3 or 4 days, but it was nice while it lasted. Something we don't see much of around here is snow, I guess we are to close to the Alabama State line, I don't know.

I am glad you are feeling better, try to at least check in and say Boo! LOL!

Willie

RobiLee
03-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Yay! I'm so glad to hear from you all.

Hey, Wolfie, Happy Belated Bday! Snowboarding sounds fun but I just know that if I were to try it I would probably break a leg or something...hehehe

Hi there, GP girl...yes exercise makes me feel real good. You get on that track team and that should keep you real fit. I wish I would have done sports in school, but I was to shy and embarrassed about everything back then.

Hi, Anna....Oh how I know those washer and dryer woes! I think we went through 2 hand me down sets before we finally were able to buy us a brand new set. I can still remember being all excited when I got them. All pretty and shiney and brand spanking new! Have you got a set picked out yet? If not I highly recommend Kenmore from Sears. Thats what my mom's old set was that we used forever and it was super old and then when I got my new pair that is what I went with and I love it! The Findlay date is marked on my calendar and me and Katie can't wait to see you and the girls and everyone else. I don't think Alden is going to be able to make it. He has to work. Thats ok though. Katie and I will just make it a girl's day out....lol. Looking forward to it!

Logan, I will try to get those Katie pics up just as soon as I get them downloaded.

Micki and Willie....I love Curves! I do think it is rather pricey, but right now it is something that I really need to do for myself. I had to pay $111 just to sign up. That is the sign up fee and the first month in advance. Then I went ahead and signed on for a year and $29 a month is automatically taken out of my checking. You don't have to do that, I think you can just pay month to month. For me it was just easier to do that way and it is also more of an incentive to make me get my butt in there since it is already paid for. I can honestly tell you that I liked it right when I walked in the door for the first time just to check it out and to see if I was going to sign on. I was nervous about going but when I got there the first thing I noticed was that it was all women of different ages and sizes and I realized that I would fit right in. They were chatting some and giggling all while they were working out. It looked fun! All of the equipment is set in a circle and everyone is doing the same thing. The equipment rotates from a weight machine to a cushy wooden block thing to walk in place or run in place or do jumping jack or whatever kind of aerobic activity that you want. You are only at each station for 30 seconds then you move on to the next. There is a recording that tells youwhen to change stations along with workout music. It is a 30 min. workout, so it is quick and easy. You don't have to do the whole 30 min. Just do what you can do. Or, you can do more if you are in better shape. They say 30 min. is all you need though. I think at my curves that if you go around the circle twice that is 30 min. I have been going around 3 times now and today I felt so good and pumped up that I went around 5 times :eek: I was pushing it though, but it just felt so good that I didn't want to quit. There are people there to help you out at any time and to show you how to use the different weight equipment. The first day I went I had a trainer go around with me the whole time to show me how to do everything. No, you do not have to follow a diet. They do offer diet help and they have 2 diet plans to follow. One is the low carb thing and the other is counting calories. I haven't tried either one of them...YET! Like I said I am not doing very well in that department. I am getting better at cutting back at what I eat but I do not eat healthy at all. I hope I have made some sense here. If you have any more questions just ask away! You can pm me also.

Well, I'm gonna get off here for awhile. Everyone give all of your furkids a great big hug from me!!!!!

Robin :)

Nomilynn
03-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Great to read such a postive post - this all sounds like great news :)

I went to Curves and I just loved it, but the gym in my little town had ridiculous hours and I decided to cancel my membership. They were never open in the evenings, which is when I like to do any kind of working out. But I agree, it's a great atmosphere and really fun, and no muscled up babes to make anyone feel insecure!! ;)

Glad to hear you are doing great! :)

Miss Meow
03-10-2004, 02:50 PM
Hello!

It's great to hear that you're doing so well :)

Curves sounds great. It's amazing how enjoyable the gym can be when you ignore what everyone else is doing and focus on your own workout :) It's really good 'me' time. I train here at the Navy base and it's almost embarrassing how good the gym is, and it's free! Like you, my eating isn't as cough good as it could be but it will come in time.

The cats and stinkerhounds are well. Buffy and Schnaggles were desexed last Friday and are healing well :) Somehow it's doubled Schnaggles's energy levels, hmmm, I was hoping for the opposite effect!

That's about it for now, so hope you can drop in again soon! :)

dukedogsmom
03-10-2004, 03:40 PM
I've missed you! I was wondering where you've been. Was going to do a "where are you?" thread when I saw this. We need Katie pics asap! I know she's growing fast. I'm thinking about joining Curves, as well. Didn't know it was that expensive to start, though. Glad to hear from you. Sounds like they did your friend/coworker very dirty. Sorry to hear that. Hope you'll get to come back more often now. Oh, I did Duke's ST Patrick day pics a while back. Here's the thread.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44347&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

RobiLee
03-10-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
Great to read such a postive post - this all sounds like great news :)

I went to Curves and I just loved it, but the gym in my little town had ridiculous hours and I decided to cancel my membership. They were never open in the evenings, which is when I like to do any kind of working out. But I agree, it's a great atmosphere and really fun, and no muscled up babes to make anyone feel insecure!! ;)

Glad to hear you are doing great! :)

Hmmm, this is true of our Curves also. They do have funny hours. What I really don't like is that they close for lunch. So every day from 1:30pm-2:30pm they are closed. I think this is silly and I know I've heard of others saying the same thing. They close at 8 pm which works for me but I know there are people who do like to work out later. On Saturday they are only open til 12 and then they will usually have some kind of extra class after that. Like right now they are doing belly dancing, which looks pretty cool. Sunday they are closed. I have to make sure I get my workouts in Monday - Friday.

RobiLee
03-10-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I've missed you! I was wondering where you've been. Was going to do a "where are you?" thread when I saw this. We need Katie pics asap! I know she's growing fast. I'm thinking about joining Curves, as well. Didn't know it was that expensive to start, though. Glad to hear from you. Sounds like they did your friend/coworker very dirty. Sorry to hear that. Hope you'll get to come back more often now. Oh, I did Duke's ST Patrick day pics a while back. Here's the thread.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44347&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Hi Val,

Good to hear from you too. I'm heading over to your thread right now. I love you sig picture. Duke is so handsome!

RobiLee
03-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Hello!

It's great to hear that you're doing so well :)

Curves sounds great. It's amazing how enjoyable the gym can be when you ignore what everyone else is doing and focus on your own workout :) It's really good 'me' time. I train here at the Navy base and it's almost embarrassing how good the gym is, and it's free! Like you, my eating isn't as cough good as it could be but it will come in time.

The cats and stinkerhounds are well. Buffy and Schnaggles were desexed last Friday and are healing well :) Somehow it's doubled Schnaggles's energy levels, hmmm, I was hoping for the opposite effect!

That's about it for now, so hope you can drop in again soon! :)

Hey there! Glad to hear that the furkids are doing well. Ahhh, I'm so glad to hear that Buffy and Schnaggles are recovering nicely. Give those cuties a kiss from me!

G.P.girl
03-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
i was wondering were you went:) i'm glad you're back
doesn't exersize make you feel good? i love sports. of course my mom won't let me go to the gym, so i just have to sign up for track (which should be alot of fun anyway)
me thinks i've lost weight too, but i'm one of those people who can lose wieght really fast, and put it back on just as fast. i've actually been doing these exersizes that are

oh sorry, i couldn't finish it becuase i realized that i was about to miss my bus.:o

anyway i was doing these exersizes that are fun, i got them out of Cosmo and they give you nice abs. cause i have to be in shape for track. i get to start PE in school again next week. i love having pe in school because it's like taking a break from all my other boring classes and actually going outside and running around:)

jenfer
03-10-2004, 06:04 PM
Great to hear from you again! I am glad that you are doing great and so is Katie.
I have a Curve very close by my place and I am tempted to join. I needed exercise bad. I had been doing Taebo for a few months (love it), but then got bored. And I have also go to the gym for another couple month and stopped.:o I need very strong motivation and supervision and encouragement.:o :o :o

Freckles
03-10-2004, 06:40 PM
I've been going to Curves for six weeks. Not much change yet, but exercises are getting easier.

The manager at my location in Gresham said, for a few days, they are waving the signup fee. Just pay the $29. That might be an option to check out.

RobiLee
03-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
I've been going to Curves for six weeks. Not much change yet, but exercises are getting easier.

The manager at my location in Gresham said, for a few days, they are waving the signup fee. Just pay the $29. That might be an option to check out.

Yes, I think this month at our Curves if you bring in a bag of groceries for needy families you can sign up without the original signing fee.

micki76
03-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
Yes, I think this month at our Curves if you bring in a bag of groceries for needy families you can sign up without the original signing fee.

Same here. I called them about fees & stuff today. You can also get a free trial week to see if you like it before you sign up. My boss may go with me. LOL, neither of us wants to go alone. :rolleyes:

shais_mom
03-11-2004, 12:48 AM
Welcome back Robin!!!
Can't wait to see you in April! I bet you look Great!! You are so beautiful anyway, I bet this makes you feel GREAT!
Nothing much here. Work is busy. :)
Go figger. Keegan has been itching up a storm allergies or a dermatitis or something :( so we are trying to get her skin and coat in shape and she gained 2 pounds :( she had lost 5. :( So we are trying!!!
Kylie Kitty's hair is growing back. ( see Cat General Nekkid Kylie) :)
she is soooo soft!!!
Keegan hasn't had any more horses poop on her head!!! he he!! :D:D

See you Next Month!

moosmom
03-11-2004, 08:59 AM
Hey RobiLee!!!

Glad you popped in to say hi! I'm glad all is well with you. I hope you'll make it to Findlay Park. Me, Mike and Mugsy have a REAL surprize for everyone!

I wish I had the money to go to Curves. I've heard lots of great things about it. Keep up the good work!

RobiLee
03-12-2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by micki76
Same here. I called them about fees & stuff today. You can also get a free trial week to see if you like it before you sign up. My boss may go with me. LOL, neither of us wants to go alone. :rolleyes:

Micki, are you going to do it? I think you should go for it! Especially if you can have a free trial week. Just give it a try. If your boss doesn't go you can still do it. I go by myself and trust me if I can go there all by myself so can you. You will meet all kinds of new people and seems like I always wind up chatting with someone.

RobiLee
03-12-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
Welcome back Robin!!!
Can't wait to see you in April! I bet you look Great!! You are so beautiful anyway, I bet this makes you feel GREAT!
Nothing much here. Work is busy. :)
Go figger. Keegan has been itching up a storm allergies or a dermatitis or something :( so we are trying to get her skin and coat in shape and she gained 2 pounds :( she had lost 5. :( So we are trying!!!
Kylie Kitty's hair is growing back. ( see Cat General Nekkid Kylie) :)
she is soooo soft!!!
Keegan hasn't had any more horses poop on her head!!! he he!! :D:D

See you Next Month!

Hi there! Can't wait to see you too! Its getting closer and will be here before we know it. Thanks for the " beautiful" comment, you big liar!! ;) I love it anyway..hehehe. I don't think there is any difference in look wise but I do feel GREAT! Poor Keegan, I hope the skin problem heals up soon for her. Give her a big hug from me. Way to go, Keegan! No more horse poop on your head....hehehe...I'm proud of ya girl! Make sure you keep it that way! I went and checked out "Nekkid Kylie". What happened? Why did she have to be shaved? She does look like a lion though. Still adorable and cute. I'm sorry but she looks so sad in those pics of her all wet. She doesn't look too happy there...lol. You have to fill me in on what happened.

shais_mom
03-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Your welcome for the compliments Robin even tho they are TRUE!! :)
Kylie has some spots on her back where she is too round to clean her self and has some left over flea dirt right next to her skin. You can see the darker patches in some of the first pics. The vet thinks it is just b/c she can't clean herself, b/c she has had several baths since she had fleas.
So while she went under for her dental cleaning they shaved her!!!
It is growing back nicely, so soft like velvet!
:)