PDA

View Full Version : #6!!!!

trinity
03-10-2004, 07:41 AM
I should probably put this under the rescue category but I am just so happy!!! My husband and I have been feeding a few stray kittens for about 6 months now. We have been planning on bringin them in if we could get close enough to catch them...well, we caught one Monday night. We got home from work and the little one was "playing" with a mole in our neighbors yard. I took some food out to the porch and as soon as he heard it hit the bowl, the mole was saved and he came for dinner. Hubby played and gave attention for a bit and I went back in the house. A few minutes later came a frantic pounding on the side door, I opened it to see hubby with his arms full of one unhappy kitten. Oh the sounds coming out of that little body! SO he spent Monday night in our basement with food and a warmer than outside place to sleep...and all sorts of places to hide....I called and made an appointment to get him tested for Feline Aids and Leukemia yesterday at 2....the tests are negative! Yahoo! So we will pick him up tomorrow after work (they were keeping him to (as my husband says) break him. He will spend a few days in the "nursery" also known as the spare room, before we start the process of introducing him to the rest of the crew. As far as they can tell us at the vet, he is about 7 months old, green eyed tabby cat. We named him Hunter...seemed appropriate after what he was doing with the mole...Had to share! I am so excited! I think we have hit our limit though....

moosmom
03-10-2004, 07:50 AM
Trinity,

Great job!!! I'm glad you're having him neutered and checked out by a vet before exposing your cats. You can't be too careful.

As I'm sure everyone else will say...PICTURES PLEASE!!!!

Congratulations on your new addition!

*ABYCAT* Alice
03-10-2004, 08:08 AM
I get so happy every time I hear about people taking care of stray cats! You sure did a great job and PICS, PLEASE!

We found our Tess when she was six months and she a lovely little kittie in love with "dad". She's always next to him, like here when they fell asleep on the coach the other night. :rolleyes:

http://www.abycat.com/galleri/t_svmh.jpg

http://www.abycat.com/pettalk/mannetess2.jpg

Good luck with your new sweetie!:)

K & L
03-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Oh how exciting! We need pictures!!!:D

trinity
03-10-2004, 08:24 AM
I'll put pictures up as soon as I can...hubby got me a digital camera for Christmas so it has become much easier to do now....

catmandu
03-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Trinity , that is so woderful , that you had it in your Hearts , to give that Poor Kitten , a Furr Ever Home , and know that your Genorosity , will be repayed a thousand times over. Found Cats Salute You , TRINITY! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !

catcrazylady
03-10-2004, 09:22 AM
Ii'M SO EXCITED!!! A new kitty and rescued at that!! It just doesn't get any better than that!!
Can't wait for pictures and more stories:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

rkidsrcats
03-10-2004, 09:36 AM
Way to go Trinity & Hubby! "Hunter" sounds like a little treasure. Great teamwork snagging him - he'll come around to the pampered life in no time!
We have 5, but I've been wondering if 6 isn't our limit too...or 7 or 8????
Congrats on a great rescue!

The Tribe

Steffi N
03-10-2004, 09:59 AM
WELCOME HUNTER
:) :)

PayItForward
03-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Congratulation on adopting Hunter :D

kimlovescats
03-10-2004, 04:09 PM
Oh Yippee... another rescued baby ... can't wait to meet Hunter!:)

Laura's Babies
03-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Congrats to the kitty for being SAVED and finding a good home.

Our park mananger told me yesterday that someone dumped 2 kittens at his house while I was gone to work on the boat or he would have brought them to me. (he knows mine are inside babies, loved and vet treated for any minor thing.) He said these kitties had no noses, all mashed in like someone had hit then in the face with a brick and smashed their noses into their face and they were so long haired and simply beauitful and he don't like cats! Since I was gone, he called a rescue in Baton Rouge and they told him they didn't come this far out and didn't have room anyway, to call the SPCA and he told them, they were far to pretty to do that and told them how these kitties looked. Once he described them, they sent someone to get them before he found someone else to take them! Someone threw away 2 peek faced persians!!!...Grrrrr! and I was gone!!!