PDA

View Full Version : This makes me so sick...

Kfamr
03-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Some people.. :mad:
Picture (http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd28b3127cceba44b070dc6b0000001610)

GoldenRetrLuver
03-09-2004, 09:27 PM
:(
Some people are so close-minded.

ILoveReptiles
03-09-2004, 09:29 PM
:mad: Ugh. I agree.

They are ignorant and closed minded.

Have you ever noticed that some people, when you look in their eyes, you see nothing - it's like staring at a cow.

I mean NOTHING. Not even so much as a spark of intelligence.

Soledad
03-09-2004, 09:45 PM
What's worse is when these psychos picket funerals of gays and lesbians.

:mad:

minkyboodle
03-09-2004, 09:57 PM
I think my biggest problem with this is that being gay doesn't hurt anyone. Two people of the same gender being married doesn't really affect anyone else in any negative way.

If it isn't hurting anyone to let it happen they why stop it??

Hurts more people to be against gay marriage than it would to just allow it and let people be who they are.

ILoveReptiles
03-09-2004, 10:01 PM
They try to stop it because they cannot stand not being in control of someone else, and a minority group is a perfect target for their hatred and bigotry.

Ahh the world is so full of small minds.

Uabassoon
03-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Wow, they must be really bored. I feel sorry for people like that because they obviously have nothing better to do with their lives. I have encountered several people like before holding their pickets signs and yelling stupid chants. What's sad is that I've seen it so many times it doesn't even phase me anymore.

Corinna
03-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Not to start a fight but every one is entitled to his own opinion. Under the free spech amendment.
I'm not trying to side with it ,I just haven't formed an opinion on the subject yet.

dukedogsmom
03-10-2004, 07:51 AM
What a nut case.

moosmom
03-10-2004, 07:53 AM
Not to start a fight but every one is entitled to his own opinion. Under the free spech amendment.

Exactly! Unfortunately SOME people just don't get it. Like MinkyBoodle said, it's not hurting anybody!

G.P.girl
03-10-2004, 08:44 AM
oh geez:rolleyes:

clara4457
03-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
I'm not trying to side with it ,I just haven't formed an opinion on the subject yet.

You are absolutely correct - every one is entitled to their opinion and everyone has the right to express that opinion. I am totally for the right to choose - your mate, your lifestyle, what you do with your body, etc. But the day we stop allowing people to express their opinions - we will go back in time to an era that subjugates certain people, and that is not a place I want to be.

I feel bad that gays and lesbians have to fight so hard for their rights and are subjected to this kind of opinion - but they also have the right to march and protest the narrow mindedness themselves. JMHO

gini
03-10-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by ILoveReptiles

Have you ever noticed that some people, when you look in their eyes, you see nothing - it's like staring at a cow.

I mean NOTHING. Not even so much as a spark of intelligence.

Oh Oh Oh, I had trouble with this..........:D I love cows!
Try staring at one a little longer...........you will find peace!:)

Denyce
03-10-2004, 10:17 AM
I find that people like this are filled with fear, self-loathing and anger. I feel they are pitiful, pathetic people whose lives are wasted. They deserve our sympathy because they have no real joy, happiness or serenity in their lives. How twisted they must be to put together a truck like that and ride around in it just to hurt other people's feelings and make their "opinions" known to all. So very sad..:(

CathyBogart
03-10-2004, 10:33 AM
There's a piece of work just waiting to be egged. ;) Yeah, that person's got a right to free speech, but some things done at the expense of others I find hard to tolerate.

You hit the nail on the head Denyce. Most of these are people so unhappy with themselves and their lives that they feel the need to bring others down as well.

Logan
03-10-2004, 11:02 AM
I guess it comes down to freedom of speech for all. People express their feelings in many different ways. Some have marches, some decorate vehicles like this one, some stand on street corners waving signs as passing cars, some scream and harass those who don't feel the same way, some constantly write petitions and letters to their congressional representatives or the President, some write flaming editorials in magazines and newspapers, and some, like us, speak our minds through writing on boards like this where we are allowed to state our opinion, regardless of what it is, and then there are those who choose to stay out of the fray (that would be me :o ). Thank goodness that in the US and many other countries, we are allowed to speak our minds and if we so choose, to demostrate our feelings in a public forum.

Just because what you see "makes you sick" doesn't mean that the people who are expressing it are wrong. They're just expressing an opinion much different than yours.

micki76
03-10-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I guess it comes down to freedom of speech for all. People express their feelings in many different ways. Some have marches, some decorate vehicles like this one, some stand on street corners waving signs as passing cars, some scream and harass those who don't feel the same way, some constantly write petitions and letters to their congressional representatives or the President, some write flaming editorials in magazines and newspapers, and some, like us, speak our minds through writing on boards like this where we are allowed to state our opinion, regardless of what it is, and then there are those who choose to stay out of the fray (that would be me :o ). Thank goodness that in the US and many other countries, we are allowed to speak our minds and if we so choose, to demostrate our feelings in a public forum.

Just because what you see "makes you sick" doesn't mean that the people who are expressing it are wrong. They're just expressing an opinion much different than yours.

We said, Logan. :)

Freedom for all.

RICHARD
03-10-2004, 01:19 PM
It also makes me sick...

The truck color is all wrong.
The front end needs some body work too!

Also there is too much of the basic colors used...the red and white clash with the black color scheme at the back.

I would have gone for a softer pastel color scheme and
the use of a different font for the lettering...

Straight people have no sense of color......;)

----------------------------------------

worse yet.....

How would you like to LIVE next to that???????

"Honey, come look at this.......I think our property value just dropped....."

slick
03-10-2004, 02:45 PM
OK, I just have to jump in here. This type of thing does not offend me at all. There is a similar van like this that runs around my neighbourhood with a big sign on the front saying "Praise Jesus". As far as I'm concerned they are only expressing their opinion. True, I wouldn't want to live next door to it, but it would make me smile seeing it roll down Main Street.

Now, before you jump down my back, what would really get my goat is if "said van" did indeed protest at funerals of gays and lesbians. It shows great disrespect for the deceased and the friends and family.

Yes, Gini, I love cows too.

And that's all I got to say about that.

trayi52
03-10-2004, 02:59 PM
I agree with Slick and gini, I love cows! And everybody has a right to speak and have their own opinion! That is what America is all about!

Willie

Besides when I was a kid, we had cows, and the calves were so adorable, look into those big eyes with the beautiful long eyelashes for awhile and see if they don't steal your heart away.

2kitties
03-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Well, I agree they have a right to it. And I am all for Freedom of speech.
But, it makes me angry that anyone would presume they are able to be so very hurtful to people. What do they think is going to happen? A gay person will see their white trash car and think "oh man, I'd better get straight so I can have a life like those people" ? Give me a break. It's just cruel and judgemental and I hate that any person feels they have a right to be that way toward another human being.

Yes, they have a right to do this, thanks to our free country. But in my mind, they need a good ass kicking for being just plain mean. Didn't their mothers teach them any manners? Or maybe God came over their car radio and asked them to fill in for him this week as judge, jury and executioner. These people are no better than KKK in my book.

RICHARD
03-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by slick

Now, before you jump down my back, what would really get my goat is if "said van" did indeed protest at funerals of gays and lesbians. It shows great disrespect for the deceased and the friends and family.

psssttt....

Slick, it's a truck....an older Toyota....

Actually, you could say it's a....
A 'queer' van for the straight man...

One thing that I have noticed about all the 'social problems' we have here in the US....
The most 'vocal-est' people are the people who have either guilt, are closet _________, or have had some kind of traumatic happening in their lives concerning the subject at hand.

The guy driving that vehicle has a huge chip on his shoulder and is probably a closet homosexual.
I relate these guy to the Jim Baker type of men...
they call down the fire and brimstone on all the sinners, but conviniently refuse to take out a mirror and look at who they are..Then they find that a protest at a funeral is quite Christian....those are the worst kind of zealots out there...hypocrites!

And to answer the question about my previous post about color coordination......

no. I have no sense of color.

:confused:

RICHARD
03-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
Or maybe God came over their car radio and asked them to fill in for him this week as judge, jury and exocutioner. These people are no better than KKK in my book.

Well the preacher kept right on saying that all I had to do was send
Ten dollars to the church of the sacred bleeding heart of Jesus
Located somewhere in Los Angeles, California
And next week they'd say my prayer on the radio
And all my dreams would come true

-The girl with faraway eyes, The rolling stones;)

My Peanuts
03-10-2004, 03:20 PM
These are the same type of people that would have voted against women and African Americans right to suffrage. Ridiculous! :mad:

Kfamr
03-10-2004, 03:51 PM
I NEVER said that it made everyone else sick. I NEVER said that he wasn't able to express his own opinion. I NEVER said he was wrong for expressing his opinion.

I think it's sick that he, or she(can't quite see the driver) took their time and effort to make such things and put it on their vehicle. I'd be sickened if it said something else either - such as against god, Against a certain race and so on.

What if I had a strong opinion against heterosexual marriages. Would you all agree with me 'fancying' my vehicle to say ''Shame on America, No woman + man marriages.'' It'd probably make you sick. Just as this person has made me sick. Would you find it humorous and giggle. Probably not.

I don't understand what some people's issues are. :rolleyes:

RICHARD
03-10-2004, 05:06 PM
http://www.webpagebydesign.com/moviestar/myartcars.php

This guy used to park his cars up the street from work......very interesting.....

I noticed that the truck/van does have a CA plate and a reference to the CA legislature/assembly bill numbers on the side......

I apologize on behalf of all Cah lee fuh nee uns
to everyone that was even remotely offended ...and to those who were remotely amused.........you see this all the time out here so you learn to roll your eyes and laugh out loud.:cool:

dukedogsmom
03-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Richard, those cars are horrid! I just don't understand people. Who would want to be seen in something like that?

RedHedd
03-10-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
.........you see this all the time out here so you learn to roll your eyes and laugh out loud.:cool: Yup, sure do. :p

RICHARD
03-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Richard, those cars are horrid! I just don't understand people. Who would want to be seen in something like that?

You EXPECT ME TO KNOW??? ;)

I just bring you the news....I let others write, edit and produce it.:)

trayi52
03-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Take the stupid signs off, and I might be tempted to drive it! But without the signs pleeease!

Willie

My Peanuts
03-11-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I NEVER said that it made everyone else sick. I NEVER said that he wasn't able to express his own opinion. I NEVER said he was wrong for expressing his opinion.

I think it's sick that he, or she(can't quite see the driver) took their time and effort to make such things and put it on their vehicle. I'd be sickened if it said something else either - such as against god, Against a certain race and so on.

What if I had a strong opinion against heterosexual marriages. Would you all agree with me 'fancying' my vehicle to say ''Shame on America, No woman + man marriages.'' It'd probably make you sick. Just as this person has made me sick. Would you find it humorous and giggle. Probably not.

I don't understand what some people's issues are. :rolleyes:

I know it's hard to do, but try not to let it bother you. It is that same backward thinking that would have kept this country the same way it was at the beginning. I bet slave owners didn't want to give up their slaves and probably protested. History repeats itself and change is inevitable. So just sit back and let the idiots say whatever they want. You may not agree with what they say (and neither do I), but it is a peaceful way to say it. You and I know who will have the last laugh after all this controversy is over!

trayi52
03-11-2004, 01:53 PM
I agree, sometime it just takes time to get people to understand that change is going to happen. I am just hoping this country will progress and let people have the freedom to be with who they want to be. They just as well to, it will happen. There is always going to be ignorance in areas like this, as well as stubborness. I hate it too. So many predgudices out there, it is unreal. I hope one of these days this country will get passed these.

But I will still take the truck WITHOUT the signs, I am desparate, I need something to drive!

Willie

RICHARD
03-11-2004, 04:16 PM
William J. "Pete" Knight is a state senator from California. Knight also was a test pilot who also flew in the VN war. He fought for the country, the people and the freedoms we enjoy..

As an elected official he has openly opposed the marriage of gay men......

I wonder why???

http://www.abtechno.com/news/octhtm/peteknight.htm

My Peanuts
03-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
William J. "Pete" Knight is a state senator from California. Knight also was a test pilot who also flew in the VN war. He fought for the country, the people and the freedoms we enjoy..

As an elected official he has openly opposed the marriage of gay men......

I wonder why???

http://www.abtechno.com/news/octhtm/peteknight.htm

My brother is gay. My brother "came out" when he was 15 years old, so 13 years ago. When my dad found out his only son was gay he took it in stride. My dad is a Harley-Davidson driving, tough guy that grew up in a bad neighborhood in Chicago( to give you some background) I can't tell you how proud I am of my dad. He accepted what my brother is, and he even recognizes that it wasn't a conscious choice. My dad and brother have a great relationship, and it isn't rare for my dad to ask about my brother’s dates. Too bad more people aren't as accepting as my dad is. Do we really want someone that turns their back on family to make decisions for us!?!?

green_chameleon_girl
03-11-2004, 07:13 PM
aww! that picture is upsetting! Imagine someone who has choosen to become gay, walking happily up the street and then they see that truck! Aww that would be so sad!:( I agree that everyone should be able to have their own opinion on what they want to do but they shouldent treat people horribly if they different (not in a bad way)

trayi52
03-11-2004, 07:38 PM
Heather I don't think anybody should be treated wrongly for any reason. Sometime this old world just stinks. Why do people have to do things that they know is going to hurt other people is just beyond me.

My daughter says her best friend is gay and says she just thinks he is the greatest. She always got his opinion on who she dated. Now she is engaged and Tom was the one who told her that Sam was hot, as she calls it. She says she loves going shopping with Tom, and he is just the best friend she ever had. She makes him give her advice on how to dress too. I think it is wonderful that Lindsey feels this way. I don't want my daughter to have a predjudice bone in her body for anybody.

Why should people try to impose these horrible ugly feelings to other people? That is not a nice thing to pass on to your children, friends and family. Why would you want to give somebody you love the gift of hate? Hate is such a bad feeling to carry inside of you.

I think everybody has a right to love who they want to love!

green_chameleon_girl
03-11-2004, 07:48 PM
I think everybody has a right to love who they want to love!

WELL SAID:D

*LabLoverKEB*
03-12-2004, 01:01 PM
:( :rolleyes: :mad:

guster girl
03-14-2004, 06:32 PM
I'm all for freedom of speech. I don't agree with what the driver is advertising on his truck. But, he has the right to do it as much as two men have the right to walk down the street holding hands and sharing a kiss, even though that is just as disgusting to some people as the truck signs are to me. But, it would be disrespectful for either side to voice their opinions in certain situations, such as funerals, etc. And, someone mentioned earlier about what if someone who chose to be gay saw that truck. I just had to comment, that, as far as I know, science has proven or is proving that it is not a conscience decision. And, my quote rings truest in situations like these.

ziron
03-17-2004, 07:43 AM
Just think of the kinda person who made this...then laugh becaue they are sad sad people. Think of the time,(maybe)money,material and work put into this. Although I am all for free speech I only want free speech that actually helps progress the human race not bring it back. If I ever did see a truck/car like this I would leave a little note telling them my great views of them which wouldn't be so great. Marrige in my own view should be private,law has no place being their.

lbaker
03-17-2004, 07:57 AM
So some people oppose same-sex marriage. So are these people for sex OUTSIDE of marriage :rolleyes:

G.P.girl
03-17-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
So some people oppose same-sex marriage. So are these people for sex OUTSIDE of marriage :rolleyes:
i don't quite get that:confused:

lbaker
03-17-2004, 09:14 AM
Just a feeble attempt at a joke about narrow-minded, hypocritical people....

CathyBogart
03-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Well, since 78% of the US population has sex before marriage I'd say there's a good chance. :)

IttyBittyKitty
03-17-2004, 06:12 PM
...it would make him cry!

I agree that everyone has the right to express their opinion, but I believe that this religious bigots take it too far! I think that some of the things that they say and do should be treated as hate crimes, just as if they were targeting African Americans or other races!

I really cannot stand bigotry like this. Gay men and women are the most wonderful men and women you'd ever meet in a day's walk. How often do gay men become serial killers? Hmm? And how often do rednecks and religious nuts become serial killers? Or terrorists???!!

RICHARD
03-17-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty
And how often do rednecks and religious nuts become serial killers? Or terrorists???!!

I was just reading about EIGHT YEAR OLD boys being given packages and told to deliver them to a certain area in a town.....

When they reach their destination the package, which is a bundle of explosives, is detonated remotely thru a radio signal....

A few days ago an eight year old kid was stopped by the Israeli Defense Forces-carrying such a package.

All in the name of religion.................:rolleyes:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by minkyboodle
I think my biggest problem with this is that being gay doesn't hurt anyone. Two people of the same gender being married doesn't really affect anyone else in any negative way.

If it isn't hurting anyone to let it happen they why stop it??

Hurts more people to be against gay marriage than it would to just allow it and let people be who they are.

I cannot agree with you more. That is an excellent point, it isn't hurting anyone... why can't people be who they want to be with out being picked on? It's like being the kid that was bullied on the playground. WHY WHY WHY? It almost makes me want to CRY at the way these people are being treated. IMO, homosexuals are normal people. *just wants to SCREAM*

I really cannot stand bigotry like this. Gay men and women are the most wonderful men and women you'd ever meet in a day's walk. How often do gay men become serial killers? Hmm? And how often do rednecks and religious nuts become serial killers? Or terrorists???!!

I know. :(