PDA

View Full Version : what cursor program do you use?????

Truffles
03-09-2004, 02:05 PM
hey i was just wondering what program you use to make your cusor on your mouse less boring :p

i used to use comet cursor then i came opon this neat program called cursor mainia it has eveything and itss free it has a better varity of cusors and much much more check it out

Cursor Mania (http://www.cursormania.com/?partner=ZCxdm313)

marylyn

Kfamr
03-09-2004, 02:09 PM
We just have a normal cursor.

The different ones annoy me. :o

PepperRSM
03-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Yeah, the different ones annoy me too.
If you do get different ones, becareful where you get them from, some places like that have a lot of spyware if you download their stuff.

aly
03-09-2004, 03:40 PM
I prefer the plain, ol' boring one!

dukedogsmom
03-09-2004, 04:38 PM
Yep, comet cursor is loaded with spyware. Dont know about this other place. I got mine from www.anicursor.de

Truffles
03-09-2004, 07:05 PM
how do you find out if a site has spyware or not?????????:rolleyes:

marylyn:confused:

Fox-Gal
03-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Truffles
how do you find out if a site has spyware or not?????????:rolleyes:

marylyn:confused:

Go here and download Ad-aware ad-aware (http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button)

It's a free download. When I first got it I was suprised what it found on my putter that had spyware. Hotbar was the worse.

Also if you like changing the look of you window you should check out this place. You have to download the software but it's great you can change every thing on you putter, the whole browser look, icons and your cursor. My whole browser has a 3D look to it.
WinCustomize (http://www.wincustomize.com/)

CatDad
03-09-2004, 09:05 PM
You cannot really tell if a site is installing spyware unless they have a pop up that asks you to install something. If that happens it is a pretty good chance that they are installing spyware, I would say 90 to 95 percent of the time. A good rule odf thumb is to never click yes when you are asked to install something. Now having said that they are times when you have to let a site install something, but always make sure.

Ad-aware is a good program for detecting spyware and the base program is free. There are a few others like spybot that are also pretty good and free.

There are some programs that you can get on your computer called malware that do things like actually change your homepage that ad-aware will not take care of. Just to give you a little warning.

I hope this helps.

PJ's Mom
03-09-2004, 10:15 PM
I use Cursor XP. (No spyware.) :)

ILoveReptiles
03-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by CatDad
You cannot really tell if a site is installing spyware unless they have a pop up that asks you to install something. If that happens it is a pretty good chance that they are installing spyware, I would say 90 to 95 percent of the time. A good rule odf thumb is to never click yes when you are asked to install something. Now having said that they are times when you have to let a site install something, but always make sure.

Ad-aware is a good program for detecting spyware and the base program is free. There are a few others like spybot that are also pretty good and free.

There are some programs that you can get on your computer called malware that do things like actually change your homepage that ad-aware will not take care of. Just to give you a little warning.

I hope this helps.

In relation to this - there are even sites out there which will install the spyware ANYWAY, even if you click NO.

I've encountered a few but Ad-Aware caught them and erased the garbage they installed to my system.

Truffles
03-10-2004, 01:41 PM
hey ,

thank you so much for that link i down loaded that adware and its wonderful it scans fast and it got rid of tons of programs i couldn't get rid of like hotbar and paltalk those are stuburn programs.the best part is the cusor mania has no spy ware i never knew how great this program was now i know LOL.it made my pc faster too,thanks again

marylyn

ps.i accidently made a new thread thinking i was replying LOL:p i deleted it though.thank goodness for that feature:)