PDA

View Full Version : Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away..

RICHARD
03-09-2004, 12:24 PM
If you could use some exotic booze
there's a bar in far Bombay....

---------------------------------------------

Drunk takes plane for a spin

A drunken man reeling from a four-day booze spree allegedly stole a plane and took it for a spin, despite having never flown one before.

Louis Paul Kadlecek, 21, broke into four hangars at an airport in Houston, America, before stealing two planes and crashing one into power lines.

According to Skynews police said he used pilot's manuals to taxi two planes around the airport in Angleton before taking off in one.

But about one mile later the two-seater Cessna crashed into 100,000-volt electricity lines and cut off power to a large area.

Police papers quote Kadlecek as telling officers he saw a bright light and screamed, "Oh, ****."

Deputy Sheriff Charles Wagner said Kadlecek knew the airport's layout having performed community service there for a prior arrest.

When asked by police where he intended to go, the wannabe pilot reportedly replied: "I don't know. Mexico, maybe."

Several people saw the plane plunge 100ft but one, convinced the pilot was dead, drove off to a golf game.

Kadlecek managed to walk away from the crash unhurt and walk three miles back to his home before being picked up by police.

He was charged with theft and if convicted could face 20 years in jail.

-----------------------------------------------------------

First,
Flying for Dummies, First Edition.

Two,
Community service at an airport... what happened to picking up trash on the freeway??

Three,
Bombay is NOWHERE near Mexico..

Four,
Should I be a hero or miss my tee time??? Hero, tee time...Hero, tee time..........GOLF!!!!!

Five.
Old pilot adage.....A good landing is any landing you can walk away from........three miles.....to your house.......

:eek:

ramanth
03-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Four,
Should I be a hero or miss my tee time??? Hero, tee time...Hero, tee time..........GOLF!!!!! [/B]
LMAO!!! I can't believe that person....

Glad no one was hurt.

Fox-Gal
03-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Golfers are like post men, nothing stops them from their rounds.

Good tee times are hard to come by.

According to Skynews police said he used pilot's manuals to taxi two planes around the airport

If only the DVD manuals where that good, I could get my clock from flashing. :D

trayi52
03-10-2004, 02:19 PM
LMAO!! How funny and a miracle he WALKED away!! Nothing like a good 'lot of drinking before flying'.;)

That was sooo funny!

Willie

Twisterdog
03-11-2004, 09:28 PM
Moron.

Lucky he didn't crash the plane into a grade school, or a church, or someone's bedroom.

I don't find drunken idiots funny, especially when they do something like this, that can hurt or kill other people.

If he would have died, he could have won a Darwin Award ... for removing his defective DNA from the gene pool.

DJFyrewolf36
03-18-2004, 12:49 PM
How does a drunk walk into an airport and steal a plane? HOW?!?Not only one but TWO planes?!
I feel sooooo safe...:rolleyes:
Remind me to check the next time Im on a plane to make sure the pilot isn't a drunk guy trying to take a plane for a joy ride...
On second thought, I'll just drive...