PDA

View Full Version : Fun question: If you could ...

Miss Meow
03-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Visit any period throughout time, which era would you choose and why?

I think I'd choose the Pride and Prejudice era. Dress like a lady, no getting up early for work, pen letters, design quilts and gossip idly all day - the opposite of my current life!

Karen
03-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Important question before I decide ... would I get to visit but leave behind my myopia, asthma and allergies, or do those parts of me travel with me?

This would have a major influence on my choices ...

Miss Meow
03-08-2004, 11:04 PM
It will be like Thursday's, where you can be however you like :)

Nomilynn
03-08-2004, 11:06 PM
I would visit the Victorian Era. It has always fascinated me, and I studied it in University. I would love to meet Charles Dickens, Christina Rosetti, and lots of others!

I would also love to see the 70s. :p Total opposite ends of the spectrum, I know, but it would be fun!

countrycowgirl
03-08-2004, 11:10 PM
I WOULD LOVE TO GO BACK TO THE COWBOY DAYS!!!! :p BUT I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A PROPER LADY I WOULD HAVE BEEN RIDING, ROPING, AND, OUTLAWCATCHING ALONG WITH THE BOYS ..... BUT I WOULD BE ONE OF THOSE BEAUTIFUL WOMEN THAT CAN DO EVERYTHING AND CHOOSES TO DO EVERYTHING THAT A CAN CAN DO ......

OR I WOULD HAVE LOVED T HAVE GONE BACK TO THE MID IVIL TIMES IHAVE ALWAS BEEN FASINATED BY THAT TIME ERA AND IF LORD OF THE RINGS HAD REALLY EXCISTED I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE LIVED THEN I WOULD HAVE BEEN A SINDARIAN ELF

:D :D :D :D :D

gini
03-09-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Visit any period throughout time, which era would you choose and why?

I think I'd choose the Pride and Prejudice era. Dress like a lady, no getting up early for work, pen letters, design quilts and gossip idly all day - the opposite of my current life!

I assume you mean you would be included in a family with money.:D

But, yes, Nicole, I would be there with you and I would always be inviting you over for afternoon tea and then scheming with you over the next party -

Not have to get up early - have a maid come in your room and help you dress and DO YOUR HAIR! Then go out doors to spend some time picking some flowers for the bouquets sitting around the house. And BLUSH when any men callers showed up - and weep together when the ones you cared for ignored you?

But of course, women had absolutely no rights then - especially over money. It would be very important that we found "men of means" - and make our parents proud.

No allergies would be allowed - but lots of silliness and giggling would have to take place.

My imagination is just going wild - I am off to design a few new dresses............I will look for something pretty for you too.

Colin Firth just might be dropping by anytime now.........is he coming for you or is it me???:D :D

(notice the color I have chosen for my reply - so fitting:) )

Barbara
03-09-2004, 03:08 AM
In any other period I would prefer to be a man (a woman only if I came from a very rich family- and even then you might have been traded like a cow). I would go for the Italian Renaissance. In Siena maybe.

Tonya
03-09-2004, 07:11 AM
I'd want to go back to the 50's. It seemed like a fun, innocent time. And there was enough technology to get me by. :)

catnapper
03-09-2004, 07:20 AM
I've always been fascinated with the Civil War era. I've done lots of reading on daily life then and it sounds fascinating... but (same as everyone else) I want to be from one of the wealthy families - not quite Scarlett but doin a-ok for ourselves;) The only thing that doesn't sound all too thrilling are girdles, and perhaps having to actually prepare a meal... no pre-packaged ready-to-microwave food.

But I liked the time because women were femine and strong.

But after a little time of living then, can I come back home? I really do like my creature comforts here. Seriously, how long could I survive without PT?

G.P.girl
03-09-2004, 08:48 AM
i would be a hott skinney hippy with a bunch of tye dye stuff and horses:D

ramanth
03-09-2004, 09:00 AM
The Rennesaince era for me!! :D

PJ's Mom
03-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
The Rennesaince era for me!! :D

Me too, although there are several periods of time in which I'd like to visit, as long as I get to come back here. :D

RICHARD
03-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Visit any period throughout time

I wouldn't be able to participate.....

;)

Edwina's Secretary
03-09-2004, 11:27 AM
When I was a little girl I would play this game in my mind that I would go through this door and get to go back in time....

As a history buff this is very tough. I'm going to pick the 20's, 30's and 40's.

lizbud
03-09-2004, 11:49 AM
2kitties,

If I could, I'd love to visit the future in say maybe 100 years
from now. WOW.:eek:

I've seen the 70's, heck I've even seen the 50s. They were
o.k. & exciting in their own way, but it's the furture I am curious
about. :)

Miss Meow
03-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by gini
I assume you mean you would be included in a family with money.:D

...Colin Firth just might be dropping by anytime now.........is he coming for you or is it me???:D :D

(notice the color I have chosen for my reply - so fitting:) )

Yes, definitely lots of money. As I said, the opposite of my current life! :D

Colin Firth can roam the moors with both of us :)

I'd also like to go 500 years ahead of time to see what happened while I was gone.

catland
03-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Excellent question -

Humans are kind of been there/done that, so I'd like to see the age of the dinosaurs, or witness the coming together of he north and south american continents or see Mauna Loa poke through the ocean.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a saber-toothed cat (from a distance) or other extinct animals.

Desert Arabian
03-09-2004, 03:00 PM
It's a tie between pioneer era and the Cival War era...love those two time periods, they are so interesting to me.

I also think it would be neat to be an indian before they were pushed out of their land from Eurpoeans.

gini
03-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Oh, I would like to go into the 'RIGHT NOW' and play with Sammy!

Amber
03-09-2004, 03:09 PM
The Old Pioneer Days!:D

Desert Arabian
03-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by gini
Oh, I would like to go into the 'RIGHT NOW' and play with Sammy!

You mean MY Sammy!?

Why, come on over! Heck, Kater is coming over sometime, I'd be more than happy to have another PTer visit!! :D

Sammy would love it too, more shoelaces to play with and fingers to bite! :p

wolfsoul
03-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Medeival era! :D

BitsyNaceyDog
03-10-2004, 07:52 AM
I would love to go to the "little house on the Prairie" time. I would be a farm wife. In "real life" that's what my husband and I both want. I want to be a housewife and stay at home mom. That's what we are working towards in the next few years, before we have kids.