PDA

View Full Version : pippin back fromt he vet

tikeyas_mom
03-08-2004, 06:17 PM
i took pippin to the vet because i found a lump on his skin, it moves with his skin and isnt attached to any bone or muscule. I just got back from the vet, he said that pippin is perfect weight for an adult rat and he has never seen a rodent in such good shape in his tme there. :D:D

He said that if the cyst gets bigger, then he will remove it for 50$, he said that he doesnt think it will get bigger though. and Nither do I, but he is calling me later this week to see if it has grown.

Pippin weighs 1 lb :D
Merry weighs a few grams less.

green_chameleon_girl
03-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Great News:D I hope Pippin's cyst soesnt grow!!:)

trayi52
03-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Thats great news Jynnelle! I'm glad you took Pippin to the vet. At least it made you feel better knowing that he is okay.

Willie

wolfsoul
03-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Aww, who's your vet? He sounds nice. :)

LOL My rats weigh sooo much less than your's! :eek: A pound is 454 grams, and Icarus is only 283 grams, and Frisco is only 375. LOL I didn't think yours were that much heavier.

Put a warm compress on his cyst everyday. That's what I did with Icarus's. After about a month, it finally opened up. It was yucky lol.

tikeyas_mom
03-10-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Aww, who's your vet? He sounds nice. :)

LOL My rats weigh sooo much less than your's! :eek: A pound is 454 grams, and Icarus is only 283 grams, and Frisco is only 375. LOL I didn't think yours were that much heavier.

Put a warm compress on his cyst everyday. That's what I did with Icarus's. After about a month, it finally opened up. It was yucky lol.

it doesnt have a scab or black head on the cyst. there is no point on putting a compress on his skin because it isnt going to break. I am just going to leave it. it is just a fattie deposite, it isnt full of puss or blood.

wolfie
03-10-2004, 08:47 AM
That's good that he's okay! ^_^

wolfsoul
03-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
it doesnt have a scab or black head on the cyst. there is no point on putting a compress on his skin because it isnt going to break. I am just going to leave it. it is just a fattie deposite, it isnt full of puss or blood.
Icarus's didn't have a scab or blackhead either. It was perfectly round with the skin tight around it. The skin was probably thin though, that's why it must have opened up when it softened.