PDA

View Full Version : Bad news about the pit bull/mix... RANT.

molucass
03-07-2004, 11:17 PM
My friend called me earlier and said that she wanted the dog back because one of her family members wanted her. I said "Well, theres no need to find her a different home, because I want to keep her!", and she said "Well, we are on our way to pick her up, they want her, so we are giving her to them.." I was sooooooo mad! I said "You shouldn't have asked me to keep her here and say that I could keep her if I wanted to if you were going to try finding a home for her yourself! You know that I wanted to keep her, but then you do that to me anyway!!"

I had already went out and bought her a large dog crate, a dog bed, some treats, a big bone, a collar and a leash, and some other stuff.

Plus, to top off my bad day, I call the people that had the male pit bull puppy and tell them that I would like to come get him, and they said "Ohh, we already sold him!" I even gave them a deposit to hold him for me, and they sold him!!! And I said, "Well then you need to give me back my money, because that's not right.." and they said "sorry, the deposit is non-refundable", and hung up on me!!

:mad:

trayi52
03-07-2004, 11:56 PM
What a truly awful day! That really sucked! I can't believe they wouldn't give you your money back! Doesn't sound like very good people do they? They must just want the money and that is all!

Sorry for you bad day, I really hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Willie

aly
03-08-2004, 12:30 AM
:eek: :( :( :mad: :(

THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE!!!!!

I am so sorry that you couldn't keep the pitty girl and I'm very sorry you can't get your boy either!

You live near Houston right? I work with 2 shelters and have a lot of rescue contacts here in Austin if you need help. I could help you find another rescue Pit.

wolfie
03-08-2004, 07:02 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry about your bad day!!! :( Maybe tomorrow will be a better day! :)

And I agree with trayi52, those breeders must have just wanted money. :( I hope that you find another pit though. ^_^

Karen
03-08-2004, 07:20 AM
Contact the Better Business Bureau about the people who took your deposit yet sold the pup anyway. That's unethical, and may be illegal.

Tonya
03-08-2004, 07:49 AM
Awwww, I am so sorry! I would be so mad! That's to bad.

FizzGiggs_Mommy
03-08-2004, 08:30 AM
The same thing happened to me about two yeras ago. I put a deposit on a Male Boxer Pup. The breeder got a offer on the same pup for $100.00 more then I was going to pay and they sold it:( They were not going to return my deposit so the very next day I contacted a lawyer. The lawyer contacted them and told them I was sewing them for my deposit back and that day They showed up at my home with my deposit:D Needless to say I never did business with them again.

Do you have any recipts or paperwork that says anything like "deposits non refundable if puppy is not picked up by ............" if so they broke there contract with you by selling the puppy and your deposit should be returned. If I were you I would defanatly contact a lawyer!

clara4457
03-08-2004, 08:48 AM
I'm sorry you had such a rough day, but Aly is right - the shelters are full of puppies looking for a good home, and if you want a pit mix - that is the best place to get one.

This time of year our shelter usually has two or three litters at different ages available for adoption.

wolfsoul
03-08-2004, 10:19 AM
That's illegal! Man, I'd be mad too! I say that you demand your money back one more time, and if they say no, take it to court! They stole your money! :mad: Urrrrgh.

K9soul
03-08-2004, 10:36 AM
I would think that them holding your deposit would be illegal too, but unless you have a contract in writing (that they would hold the puppy due to your deposit), I don't think it would hold up in a court of law. Without a written contract, you're essentially giving them your money, and trusting them to do what they say.

This situation is very sad, and I'd be very angry and upset as well. Perhaps you could find "the one" though, at a shelter or rescue :)

Good luck, and I'm truly sorry for what those rude and inconsiderate people did.

DogLover9501
03-08-2004, 10:44 AM
I also think thats illegal(sp), Jasper's breeder told me right away that the deposit was non refunadable BUT only if we paid the deposit then decided not to get him, but we could not wait and wait, he had to come to us when he was old enough or she could sell him to someone else, as we could have kept him there for months:p just because we have a deposit on him, which isnt fair to her.

EssTer
03-08-2004, 12:58 PM
ohh, I'm really sorry to hear that bad news...:(

molucass
03-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Yes, I did sign something saying that they would sell the dog by a certain date, but that date is not for 2 1/2 weeks from now.

My uncle is police officer, so we paid a little visit to their house today... I had a copy of the paper I signed, and he showed it to them, and demanded that they give me my money back NOW or they would be sued.... SO, I got my money back!

And, I found a much better breeder that has 2 week old puppies, and we may end up getting one of them. I am going to be going to a few shelters tommorow to see if I can find another pittie that pulls at my heartstrings, but if not, we are going to go with the breeder...

I'm glad that I got my money back though...