PDA

View Full Version : I leave work owning 8 cats...

moosmom
03-07-2004, 06:47 PM
I got out of work and stopped by my sister-in-law's new house. My 2 nephews were there. As I was in the bathroom changing my clothes, my older nephew says (sounding VERY serious) "Aunt Donna, I need to talk to you when you come out."

Okay, so I thought I was in trouble. Tim starts with "First of all, you're NOT keeping it."

Then he tells me how him, his younger brother and a friend were in the park playing when this kitten (about 10 months old) kept following them and meowing.

Tim told me they put a towel underneath a hollow standing ashtray, with some food and water so the cat would have SOME kind of shelter. The temperature is dropping and it's supposed to get VERY cold tonight.

I put my shoes on and walked over to the park and there was this sweet little female brown tiger tabby with a white bib, white paws and gold eyes. VERY thin. Someone OBVIOUSLY dumped her off in the park.

That was it for me. I scooped up this little cat, wrapped a towel around her and put her in my car. She's now in my spare bedroom with all the comforts of home, while my brood hovers around the door wondering WHO the hell is in there NOW!!! :confused: :confused:

I told my SIL I'd contact the shelter tomorrow morning (yeah right).

Her ears are clean and she shows no signs of fleas. I'm still going to stop by the vet and get some Advantage and Drontil. Once I can come up with enough money, I'll take her in for a full physical.

Without further adieu...I introduce you to Hannah Mae :rolleyes: Yeah, okay, I'm STILL in the single digits!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid106/p0194d1c83d3e8a183146dfda85a61119/f9699452.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid106/pf4650706b62295e28698ab92fbc97007/f969945d.jpg

Laura's Babies
03-07-2004, 06:53 PM
She reminds me of Amy! That look on her face is Amy! You won't be sorry you took her in and I love her name...Keep us posted on her.

RedHedd
03-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Oh my! If that second pic isn't the look of pure and utter contentment, I don't know what is. Congrats on your new addition!

catnapper
03-07-2004, 08:10 PM
hmmm, it looks like someone's going to have to make a new siggy to add another photo and name;)

She's an absolute doll baby and your nephews knew exactly who to turn to.

moosmom
03-07-2004, 08:50 PM
She's such a sweet little girl. I went in a little while ago to see if she had eaten anything. She loves the canned food. The minute I picked her up she started purring. I clipped her nails till she started growling and hissing. I'll go in again before I go to bed.

In my heart I KNOW I need to find her a home. I'll give her a while to adjust and just see what happens.

catcrazylady
03-07-2004, 10:21 PM
She is without a doubt...ADORABLE!!! So your just gonna let her settle in and see what happens huh? Well, we all know what USUALLY happens when we try that!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif She sure is a cutie and I'm so glad she is comfortable, warm, and well fed. How sad to think of her being alone in the park all night! I'm glad you brought her home. I'll thank you for her!! You have a very kind and loving heart and so does your nephew!! He at least tried to do something. If you decide to keep her or find her a good home at least she's not alone anymore.

btw-You OWN how many cats or how many cats OWN you?!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

shais_mom
03-07-2004, 10:33 PM
AAWW Donna!
Good for you!!!
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers while she adjusts and you decide what to do.
:)

micki76
03-07-2004, 10:37 PM
She is beautiful! Such a sweet, pretty face. Looks like another kitty is happy to have found her home. :)

NoahsMommy
03-07-2004, 10:39 PM
She's precious!!!

What a sweetie for taking her in...whatever happens, enjoy her. :)

jazzcat
03-07-2004, 11:46 PM
She's adorable and I like her name.

I think it's wonderful you took her in like that. I hope everything goes well and I look forward to progress reports.

trayi52
03-08-2004, 12:31 AM
She is just beautiful, how lucky to find her! I want her!

One of these days, I am going to have bunches of cats! I have thought about just sneaking them in when my husband wasn't looking, and then just say " What that cat has been here for months!", and see if that would work!

Willie

IttyBittyKitty
03-08-2004, 01:34 AM
Your kindness and her sad story bring tears to my eyes ... poor little darlin' ... be sure to give her plenty of hugs and keep us updated!!

Barbara
03-08-2004, 02:53 AM
Welcome Hannah Mae, you look like a cute princess.

I wish you all the best- a wonderful home either with Donna or another purrson and lots of love:D

jenluckenbach
03-08-2004, 05:13 AM
Whether you keep her or rehome her, she is lucky to have you. :D

Randi
03-08-2004, 06:51 AM
What a sweet girl she is! :) I'm glad your nephew knew who to tell. ;) It's good to know she's warm and safe now with you. :) :) Thanks!!

Please keep us updated.

sirrahbed
03-08-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by trayi52

One of these days, I am going to have bunches of cats! I have thought about just sneaking them in when my husband wasn't looking, and then just say " What that cat has been here for months!", and see if that would work!

Willie
Hey Willie! I am thinking along the same lines....the skin kids are now gone. We were going to get *A* cat when the geriatrics were gone. Then they were two...then came Dylan.. (we have a four bedroom home). Only three cats? I don't think so. I have been dropping comments here and there. If I tried the above statement -:p hubby would roll his eyes at me and I would get away with it:rolleyes: :D

PS Hannah Mae (love that name!!) sure looks like she feels at home. Blessings to you for giving her a warm and cozy room and I know she is now happy wherever her permanent home will be!! ...I am curious. The title of your thread says 8 cats but there are 9 in your sig block. I am confused:o which is not unusual!!

Vio&Juni
03-08-2004, 07:33 AM
She's so cute and sweet! Welcome Hannah Mae!

catmandu
03-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Now that is a Heart Warming Story , that that little Orphan wil,l have a Furr Ever Home , and never be Cold , Or Hungry , or sad again. and I would do the same thing , without thinking twice. And may The Lord bless and Keep you. Now you ahve your Own Baseball Team! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW FRom The Found Cats and FEEDER!

catlover4ever
03-08-2004, 09:19 AM
I love her name....she is just beautiful. She reminds me of a lighter version of my Tigger. In her second picture she looks so very content.

Logan
03-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Your nephews are trained well, Donna! You should be very proud!!!! :)

Thank you for taking in yet one more. :)

Cinder & Smoke
03-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by moosmom

... Tim starts with "First of all, you're NOT keeping it."

Tim told me they put a towel underneath a hollow standing ashtray,
with some food and water
so the cat would have SOME kind of shelter.

Hey Donna ~
You sure you didn't Break Up a *plan* by the Nephews?

Almost sounds like THEY had visions of Miz Hanna
moving into THEIR House.

Any chance of her finding Permanent Lodging in SIL's "new" house??

Corinna
03-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Donna don't you know it's bad luck to have an odd number of cats? It might work!! I agree I think you spoiled the kids plan. Hello Hannah Mae

kimlovescats
03-08-2004, 11:05 AM
How could you resist her, she's beautiful!!! Look at those big PINK ears!!! Congratulations Hannah Mae on your new home!!!:D

moosmom
03-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Hey Donna ~
You sure you didn't Break Up a *plan* by the Nephews?

Almost sounds like THEY had visions of Miz Hanna
moving into THEIR House.

Any chance of her finding Permanent Lodging in SIL's "new" house??

Not a chance. Tim is allergic to cats. My SIL has a dog and isn't a "cat person".

I've spent 3 hours calling rescue organizations. I left messages and am waiting to hear back.

My SIL offered to take her to the Dearborn Animal Shelter saying she found Hannah in Dearborn. But...because the NEEDLE HAPPY 8itch is there, I'm not taking the chance of her playing God with Hannah's life.

I've placed an ad in the lost & found part of the Detroit News. I'm also going to put up posters with her picture and my phone number near the park where she was found. I'm not sure she's a stray. She could've just wandered from her home.

Once I know for sure that she isn't someone's pet, then I'll decide.

Right now I can't afford another cat. I'm having a hard enough time as it is feeding my own cats. Not only that, but I'd have to take her to the vet and have her spayed. Money I don't have!!

I'll let you know what happens.

shais_mom
03-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed

PS Hannah Mae (love that name!!) sure looks like she feels at home. Blessings to you for giving her a warm and cozy room and I know she is now happy wherever her permanent home will be!! ...I am curious. The title of your thread says 8 cats but there are 9 in your sig block. I am confused:o which is not unusual!!

Donna has rehomed Sydney, the tortie girl in the left upper corner.

And she doesn't know it but if I ever go to her house, I am sneaking Shorty out in my purse!!!! ;) B/c I love calicoes and I love munchkins!!! :D

rg_girlca
03-08-2004, 12:33 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid106/pf4650706b62295e28698ab92fbc97007/f969945d.jpg
OMG, she is sooooo adorable. Her face reminds me so much of Chipper's with those sleepy eyes.
Kim, I was also going to mention her BIG pink ears.
Ohhhhh, if only I lived closer.
What an angel you are Donna for rescuing this precious little baby and yes, I also agree that you have a great nephew there.
Putting a blanket with food and water for her. How priceless is that.
Good luck with her.

PayItForward
03-08-2004, 12:34 PM
The kitty magnet strikes again. :D

ramanth
03-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Oh Donna!!! She's BEAUTIFUL! :D

Steffi N
03-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Donna, thank you and to your nephews for helping this sweet kitty. Please keep us posted on her.

K & L
03-08-2004, 03:48 PM
She looks precious! Good for you!

moosmom
03-08-2004, 07:51 PM
If only I attracted men like I do cats...*sigh*

slick
03-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
If only I attracted men like I do cats...*sigh*
:D :D :D :D Maybe you should re-word that WELCOME sign on your door......

Hannah Mae is one lucky kitty to have you as a Mommy. I just love her eyeliner!

Cincy'sMom
03-08-2004, 08:51 PM
What a little sweetie!!! Whatever you decide Donna, you are wonderful for giving her a warm, loving place to stay :)

mugsy
03-09-2004, 08:54 AM
She's beautiful!! You're still behind us!!

sirrahbed
03-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
Donna has rehomed Sydney, the tortie girl in the left upper corner.

And she doesn't know it but if I ever go to her house, I am sneaking Shorty out in my purse!!!! ;) B/c I love calicoes and I love munchkins!!! :D

Thanks shais_mom! I was wondering about that still. Hope you have a big purse and Shorty will be quiet. :p Oh and you are from Ohio??? Fairborn here:D

moosmom
03-09-2004, 06:26 PM
I put a little sign on my pocket today at work. One of the girls I work with read it and asked about Hannah Mae. She then went to the phone and called her husband.

Hannah Mae is going to her furrrever home on Friday!!! That is AFTER she pays a visit to the vet! She will have a brother and sister to keep her company.

Dorothy (my friend) asked me if I expected visitation rights. I told her "No, that's not necessary. I would just like updates on her."

luckies4me
03-09-2004, 07:14 PM
She is so precious. Her ears are very pink too! I am glad you have found her a home, just make sure she isn't someone else's before rehoming her. ;) You might just get a call from someone. I really adore her. Her face reminds me of my Nala kitty I used to have. :)

luckies4me
03-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Oh, have you checked her to see if she has been spayed? If you feel along her abdomen you should feel internal stitches which would mean she is spayed. ;)

moosmom
03-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Cass,

Nope, she's not spayed. I checked her up and down. My friend Dorothy (the one who's adopting her) is taking her straight to the vet on Friday for a complete check up. She'll be spayed shortly thereafter.

rg_girlca
03-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Oh that is such great news. I'm glad you will be getting updates on her so you can also fill us in, right?
She is such a sweetheart and I hope she enjoys her new brother and sister.
Thank you Donna for saving this precious kitty.

jenluckenbach
03-09-2004, 08:04 PM
How wonderful for Hanna Mae! :)

shais_mom
03-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Thanks shais_mom! I was wondering about that still. Hope you have a big purse and Shorty will be quiet. :p Oh and you are from Ohio??? Fairborn here:D
Upper Sandusky here! :)
Ya know, just ask Donna and All Creatures Great and Small we LOVE LOVE LOVE cat people at our doggie park meetings in Findlay OH!
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43381

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-10-2004, 03:36 AM
What a happy ending! Hanna Mae is such a lucky girl! I love her pink ears! Such a cutie-pie!

Steffi N
03-10-2004, 09:50 AM
I am happy that Hannah Mae will have a forever home. It would be really nice if Dorothy could join Pet Talk. :)

ramanth
03-10-2004, 12:05 PM
So happy to hear that Hannah Mae has a furever home. :)

Great work Donna!!

PayItForward
03-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Great news finding sweet Hannah Mae a furever home :D

krazyaboutkatz
03-11-2004, 12:23 AM
Hannah Mae sure is gorgeous and I'm glad to hear that she now has a loving forever home.:D

RobiLee
03-11-2004, 06:32 AM
Oh, Donna, Hannah Mae is soooo cute! I love her white bib. She is one lucky kitty!

Robin :)

moosmom
03-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Hannah Mae went to her furrever home today!!

Dorothy and I met up this morning at 9:30 a.m. First stop was the vet. She tested negative for everything, but had a bad case of earmites.

She's now completely vaccinated (the vet determined her to be about 9 months old), happy and purring in her new home!

Another happy ending. God, I LOOOOOOOOOOVE happy endings!!

:D:D:D:D

Cincy'sMom
03-12-2004, 08:23 PM
Yeah for Hannah, you and her new family!!!

Sirrahbed, I was just in Fariborn a few weeks ago. We have a friend at Wrght State and went to see him in a musical at WSU.
You should come up to Findlay sometime...it's only about 1 1/2-1 3/4 hr drive from Fairborn, and we have a blast :)

carole
03-13-2004, 03:51 AM
Great news Donna, although Hannah Mae's visit was short and sweet, it is wonderful she is no longer cold and hungry in the park, bless your nephews, and you as well for taking care of her and finding her a new home, filled with love and kindness, another happy content furbaby, that is what I LOVE to hear, YAHOO!! THREE CHEERS FOR DONNA.:)

smokey the elder
03-13-2004, 07:46 AM
What a great story! Hannah Mae is so lucky. You have great nephews, who will make loving husbands and fathers someday. There is hope for the youngsters, yet! ;)