PDA

View Full Version : Frankenstein

wolf_Q
03-07-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm supposed to have an idea of an art project related to the subject of "Frankenstein" for some exhibit that's coming to the school. Ugh. I've never read the book nor seen any of the movies...well, except Frankenweenie, if that counts. ;)

Any ideas?

One question I had...I've heard about a scene with a windmill that is in the movie, is that in the book also?

aly
03-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Maybe this book summary will help - http://cliffnotes.com/hotbooks/frankenstein_2.html

I read the book and saw the movie, but that was many moons ago!

wolf_Q
03-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Thanks Aly, anyone else?

Karen
03-07-2004, 07:47 PM
Read the book years ago, don't specifically remember a windmill, but that doesn't mean it's not there. I think any "creating something new out of old pieces" would count as "on theme." Particularly anything 3-d, but even a collagraph might count. Giving discards new life ... sans lightning.

For those who've never been to art school:

In a collagraph, the plate is built up and manipulated by the artist, using a collage-like process which combines materials as diverse as cardboard, fabric, gesso, glue, string, sand, carborundum grit, and found objects. The artist can also draw lines into the gesso before it hardens. As a result, the plate may print as both relief and intaglio. Collagraph prints are usually pulled on a press.

micki76
03-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
I'm supposed to have an idea of an art project related to the subject of "Frankenstein" for some exhibit that's coming to the school. Ugh. I've never read the book nor seen any of the movies...well, except Frankenweenie, if that counts. ;)

I can't offer any help, but I wanted to say I love Frankenweenie. :D :p

Crikit
03-07-2004, 08:30 PM
You could always take pics of the pets from pet talk and make a Franken pet...You know something like Tama's ears, Nebo's eyes stuff like that.

Not much help am I :D ;)