PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to be your cat for one day?

Kirsten
03-07-2004, 03:24 PM
LOL, I know, it's not possible, but if it was, would you like to be your cat for a while?

Personally I think it would be a very interesting experience and finally give us the answers to many questions, like

How does the world look through the eyes of a cat? Do they really see no red colors?
How does it feel when they're high from cat nip?
Do they really have the same emotions as humans (since their limbic systems are very alike)?
Do they dream? Are they thinking?

LOL, guess I'm just too curious, but I would love to know what it's like being a cat! :cool:

Kirsten

catnapper
03-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Yes! I always wondered what was the fascination with certain things like flushing toilets or that fly in the upper corner of the ceiling. I also wonder is a catnap is really as wonderful as they make it look.

I also wonder if the "terrible" things we do (such as trim nails) are really that bad. I mean, when I get a manicure/pedicure I'm in heaven.. why wouldn't a cat be too? I'd like to find out why!:)

sirrahbed
03-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Interesting thought! YES, I think I would like to be a cat for a day - one of MY cats anyway:D I want plenty of neck and backrubs, lots of naps, snacks that I asume I will love because I am a cat and just to see and think what they think:D

nibblets
03-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Absolutely! I would be thrilled to have such a life of leisure and affection.

Laura's Babies
03-07-2004, 08:48 PM
I would like to know just how much they understand of what we say..........and excatly at what point do they realize they are at the VETS!

Barbara
03-08-2004, 02:57 AM
I would like to be my cat for a lifetime. I use to say I want to be re-born as my husband's cat:D :D :D

cubby31682
03-08-2004, 06:59 AM
I would love to be my cat for one day.

If we know what they think then that would help all of us understand what we would need to do to help them in other ways.

catcrazylady
03-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Yes! I would love to be one my kitties for a day or even a week!
To be waited on hand and foot, cleaned up after, loved and snuggled when I wanted, lounge around in the sun, eat and nap like nobodies business, AND GET PRAISED FOR BASICALLY BEING A LAZY BUMB!! I get all this because I'm cute and have fur? I'll take it any day of the week!!:D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

catmandu
03-08-2004, 09:00 AM
That would be educational , as you could see things from thier perspective , and see what things that you could do , to make thier lives a little better!What an interesting Question!

Kirsten
03-08-2004, 09:05 AM
I really often envy my cats for the lives they are living... I don't think they have much to worry about, and they're always so relaxed, especially Lily. :)

Kirsten

Twink
03-08-2004, 03:07 PM
There's one cat trait that I would pick up permanently, if I could. I would love to be able to purr!! Don't you ever just feel like purring? It's the most content sound in the world. There are times that I would like to be able to let the world know that I am just. that. happy.

pitbullmommy
03-08-2004, 03:15 PM
i thought i was the only one that wondered what they are thinking when you are peting them or when you are talking and they are just staring at you i really would like to know what they are thinking dreaming and seeing.
so the answer to your question is yes.

Fox-Gal
03-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Yes, let me be a cat for one day. How nice it would be to get me belly and head rubbed, sleeping almost all of the day. What a nice day that would be.

Then also, maybe I can figure out why they do some of the odd things they do. Like why would you choice toilet water over fresh water in the bowl? and why after 50 times of the dog nipping at you, do you still go back for more? :confused: And the pool....why do you keep going over there, when you know you hate water and always fall in at the first sound that scares you!!!:rolleyes:

slick
03-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Hmmmm, let's see now.....

I get up at 7am, my human feeds me and scoops my poop, after my human goes to work I go back to sleep until about 6pm, my human comes home from work and feeds me and scoops my poop, she rubs my belly and chin then we all go back to bed at 11pm and sleep until 7am, then do it all over again.

WHO WOULDN'T WANT A LIFE LIKE THAT?????

Kirsten
03-09-2004, 03:13 PM
LOL; I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one with this wish...

BTW, the only thing I don't envy cats for are - hairballs!!! :eek:

Kirsten

Killearn Kitties
03-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Yes! I would love to be one my kitties for a day or even a week!
To be waited on hand and foot, cleaned up after, loved and snuggled when I wanted, lounge around in the sun, eat and nap like nobodies business, AND GET PRAISED FOR BASICALLY BEING A LAZY BUMB!! I get all this because I'm cute and have fur? I'll take it any day of the week!!:D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif ABSOLUTELY!! This is just how I feel. To have my cats' life would be absolutely wonderful.

Right now, when I am just hating my job (which takes up TOO MUCH of my time), then YES!! I would love to doze beside the radiator or on the humans' bed; have a little breakfast; take a little sun of a morning, chase a few insects, chase a few birds (though not too seriously!); have some lunch; have a nap in the sun; have some dinner; play with stick and other assorted cat toys; sleep beside the radiator or on the humans' bed ...

Well, why would anyone shun this life??!