PDA

View Full Version : Tis the season....

G.P.girl
03-07-2004, 01:48 PM
It's girl scout cookie season!!!! yay! i love girl scout cookies! i haven't had them since i was a girl scout when i was 5! (they don't have girl scouts in hungary) this girl was selling them at my school the other night when all the parents were there. i think we bought more than 10 boxes! my favorite kind is 'thin mint' and 'Tagalongs' it's a chocolate covered cookie with creamy peanut butter stuff filled inside it. what's your favorite kind?

Amber
03-07-2004, 02:02 PM
the mint kinds! yummm:D

Kfamr
03-07-2004, 02:03 PM
They're OK, but my mom always hides them for herself. :rolleyes:

Karen
03-07-2004, 02:12 PM
I've always liked the mint-chocolate ones, but I also like the shortbread ones with a hot cup of tea, and the Animal Treasures, of course - which I first ordered just because of the name!

Dogz
03-07-2004, 02:15 PM
No, I would not kill for them.

But, yes, I like Girl Scout cookies.:)

aly
03-07-2004, 02:55 PM
I LOOOOOOVE THEM!

My favorite kinds are Peanut Butter Patties, Thin Mints, and Caramel Delites!

They have a new one called a Pinata, but it doesn't seem like it'd be one of my favorites because I don't like fruit stuff in my cookies. Here is what is looks like: http://www.girlscoutcookiesabc.com/atc/pinatas.asp

Dogz
03-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by aly
I LOOOOOOVE THEM!

My favorite kinds are Peanut Butter Patties, Thin Mints, and Caramel Delites!

They have a new one called a Pinata, but it doesn't seem like it'd be one of my favorites because I don't like fruit stuff in my cookies. Here is what is looks like: http://www.girlscoutcookiesabc.com/atc/pinatas.asp

Mmmmm, I like Thin Mints and Caramel Delites.:)

I saw the Pinata one, but like you, I don't think I would like the fruit flavor in a cookie.:)

Kfamr
03-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Ohh.. the Fruity one looks good!

I think i'd like it.

micki76
03-07-2004, 04:27 PM
I like Do-Si-Dos. :) I think they're called Peanut Butter Sandwiches now.

isis
03-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
They're OK, but my mom always hides them for herself. :rolleyes:

Kinda like my mom.:p

I love them. Thin Mints are my favorite.:D

isis
03-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Carmel Delites are also one of my favorites.:)

Cookiebaker
03-07-2004, 06:57 PM
Mmmmm Thin mints!! They are best straight from the freezer on a hot summer day with a glass of COLD milk! Mmmmmm! ;)

GoldenRetrLuver
03-07-2004, 07:03 PM
BLECK! :p I'm sick of Girl Scout cookies...my sister is in Girl Scouts, and my parents bought about 10 boxes. The Samoas, Tagalongs, the lemon ones, and the others....just ask if you want any. ;)

Vermontcat
03-07-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
Mmmmm Thin mints!! They are best straight from the freezer on a hot summer day with a glass of COLD milk! Mmmmmm! ;)
Cookiebaker, I have some with your name on them! Did you get my PM?
:)

Cookiebaker
03-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
Cookiebaker, I have some with your name on them! Did you get my PM?
:)

:o Yup, and I just wrote back right now. So sorry it took so long!!! :p

neko1
03-08-2004, 06:10 AM
Love the tagalongs....yumm

G.P.girl
03-08-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
the lemon ones,

are those ones good? my mom bought some, but she hid them for herself becasue they are the reduced fat kind:rolleyes:

catnapper
03-08-2004, 08:50 AM
I'm a simple girl.... I love the shortbread!

We got a box of the carmel delights last week and it was empty as soon as the box was ripped open..... I live with a pack of piggies:D

Edwina's Secretary
03-08-2004, 09:00 AM
I haven't bought Girl Scout cookies since they stopped having the sandwich cookies. My sister and I would buy them and trade. I would get all of her chocolate and she would get all of my vanilla!
:D :D :D

gini
03-08-2004, 10:08 AM
"Why, yes dear, I would love to buy some of your Girl Scout cookies. I will order the peanut butter sandwich cookies. I can freeze them can't I?"

LIAR, LIAR, pants on fire...........those cookies never even saw the freezor.....were no where near the freezor......I just flat out lied to that little girl and what is worse I didn't share them with anyone.

CathyBogart
03-08-2004, 10:34 AM
We always buy a ton of girl scout cookies. :D I like them, but I wouldn't be devastated if we decided not to. :)

Blustang24
03-08-2004, 11:16 AM
I like the Do-Si-dos. They are still called that here, but for other places they are the peanut butter sandwich onces. I'm confused on the Caramel Delights, because they have always called them samoas here. :) weird. But anyways, I like them too, as well as the thin mints. :)

Cincy'sMom
03-08-2004, 12:18 PM
I admit, I am another girl scout cookie adict :)

I have found that in this area there are two different bakers. The group in Toledo and Findlay use Little Brownie Bakers, whereas the groups in Tiffin use abc bakers. The abc cookies are much much...they are bigger, and the chocolate on the tastes less waxy. Don't get me wrong....I'll eat any of them, but I am much too serious about my cookies!!!

sirrahbed
03-08-2004, 12:35 PM
No I would not kill but you better get out of my way!! I sold them back in the early 60's as a Brownie, again in the early 90's as a Daisy and Brownie "Cookie" mom - now I just eat them:D I love them all but guess my favorite is the Samoa - (same as Caramel Delight???) Then of course I HAVE to get some thin mints just because...and some Trefoils because hubby loves them...and Chocolate covered Peanut Butter because my daughter loves them (never mind that she lives in Japan - I can always FREEZE them - NOT) OH and there is a NEW one?? I must try that one too! The girls are supposed to be at WalMart and Kroger this weekend. Our neighborhhod is mostly retired and so far - no girls knocking at the door!:rolleyes:

sirrahbed
03-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by gini
"Why, yes dear, I would love to buy some of your Girl Scout cookies. I will order the peanut butter sandwich cookies. I can freeze them can't I?"

LIAR, LIAR, pants on fire...........those cookies never even saw the freezor.....were no where near the freezor......I just flat out lied to that little girl and what is worse I didn't share them with anyone.

:D :D :D well, there are not very many in the box...and they ARE best fresh!!:D :D :D