PDA

View Full Version : I vacumned Dusty...

Tonya
03-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Dusty sheds so bad this time of year that it's unbelievable. I brush him about 30 minutes a day and I get about 2 grocery bags worth of hair. Yet it looks like I didn't even touch him. It's not warm enough to shave him yet.

So, yesterday, I brought the shop vac outside. Mike thought I was a nut and that Dusty would have nothing to do with it. Dusty loved it! It worked so well. No itchy face and fur floating around for me! When I turned the vacumn off, he started nudging the nozzle with his nose because he wanted more.

So now, my question is...Can you buy an attachment for your vacumn that has a good brush on the end? If so where can I find them? If not, where can I get a patent? :p

G.P.girl
03-07-2004, 01:36 PM
lol i vaccumed Cadbury once. i was vacuming the floor and he just wouldn't move out of the way, in fact he started lunging at it trying to bite it, so i took the tube thing out and put the brushy thing on the end ( i think it's for getting cobwebs downand for doing corners) and i starte dto vacum him and he started chattering his teeth and licking the vacum. it was so cute:D

micki76
03-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Aneko likes to be vacuumed too. :) She just stands there and hunches her back. She hardly sheds, and I found out once when cleaning up after grooming her. Every time I vacuum the house she follows me around, so I always take a minute and vacuum her too.

Chris J
03-07-2004, 06:19 PM
All this from a little Corgi named Holly :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pc94f5ed114dc6a7979f300db357188f3/fbd47b7f.jpg

Lissa
03-07-2004, 07:56 PM
My cat at my parents house won't let my mom vacum without his turn first. He'll lay in front of it till he gets vacumed. He prefers the crevis (sp?) tool.

micki76
03-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Chris J
All this from a little Corgi named Holly :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pc94f5ed114dc6a7979f300db357188f3/fbd47b7f.jpg

LOL, At first I thought that was a pile of poo that had turned white! :o

FizzGiggs_Mommy
03-08-2004, 08:41 AM
My Mother use to "Sweep the Kitty" She would brush them with the broom it was so funny to watch. The cats would love it up.

Blustang24
03-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Honey runs away from any vacuum. she is literally terrified of them and always has been since the day we got her. :(

BitsyNaceyDog
03-08-2004, 03:53 PM
What a good idea, I never would have thought to vacuum the dog. I first had to laugh at the idea. I'm glad it worked so well, and I'm glad Dusty liked it.

Dog1,Cats2
03-08-2004, 07:41 PM
I'm amazed! Both my cats and my dog think the vacuum is the worst monster in the world - they run and hide as soon as we bring it out of the closet! There's NO WAY they'd stand still and allow themselves to be vacuumed - they won't even stay in the same room!!!

lovemyshiba
03-08-2004, 08:05 PM
Lol!!

I vaccuummed Kito today--he loved it!! He's not too fond of the vaccuum, but I thought I would try it and see what he did--he was in heaven--begging for more when I was done!!!!

Karen
03-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Dog1,Cats2
I'm amazed! Both my cats and my dog think the vacuum is the worst monster in the world - they run and hide as soon as we bring it out of the closet! There's NO WAY they'd stand still and allow themselves to be vacuumed - they won't even stay in the same room!!!

Miss Hoppy agrees with your cats and dog - vacuum cleaners have been known to eat small brown bunnies, and it's just best to get as far away from them as possible.

My dad's dog - on the other end of the size spectrum, she's a St. Bernard, also dislikes the vacuum cleaner, and sulks and goes to the other floor of the house when he starts it up - if he's upstairs, she'll head down, and vice versa!

anna_66
03-08-2004, 09:16 PM
We decided to go for it and get a Dyson, so far it seems to be the best vacumn we ever got!

So, I decided to try it on Angus and guess what???
He loved it!!! He just laid there and closed his eyes, he didn't even try to run and he's always been pretty scared of the vacumn. You just wouldn't believe all the hair I sucked off of him:p

DogLover9501
03-08-2004, 09:21 PM
lol Angus is precious!

Maybe I should get Jasper used to a vacuum :p as theyre constant shedders, he's already afraid of the vacuum if I walk towards him lol