PDA

View Full Version : Ruby (40th) Wedding Anniversary - gift ideas???

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-07-2004, 08:23 AM
It's my Mum and Dad's 40th Wedding Anniversary early next month. I want to get them something REALLY special.

I am looking for some ideas. My budget is a bit tight as I am not working, so I can't really afford more than $250 to $300.

I can either buy something online and get it shipped to me, then send it to them when my hubby is there on business (so he can deliver it to them), or arrange for a store in South Africa to wrap and deliver the gift to them, and pay by credit card.

I has thought of getting them a nice piece of Swarovski crystal, as they already have a few pieces (I give them 1 each anniversary).

I though either something with RED in it (for the RUBY anniversary) or a set of the Champagne Flutes with crystals in the stem.

Any other suggestions?

These are the Champagne Flutes:

http://i3.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/6e/aa/6e_1_b.JPG

This is the vase of Red Roses:
http://i2.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/3d/2f/15_1.JPG

These are the "Lovebirds" which are also nice:

http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/gi/giftshop123/sw_babylovebirds.jpg

PLEASE HELP - I really want to give them something nice, but I havent got a lot to spend, so any suggestions / ideas would be welcome!

Tonya
03-07-2004, 09:24 AM
How about framing a beautiful picture of them from their dating days? Or a gift certificate to a nice restaurant?

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Those are great ideas - I often put together photo albums or frame pictures for presents for family. The Meal Voucher is also a good idea, but it might be a bit depressing for them to be sitting having a meal on their own (when we are all so far away from them). Also they have a really beautiful house, so I'd like to get them something they can put in their display cabinet.

robinh
03-07-2004, 11:47 AM
I think any of the things you have picked out are lovely. If I had to choose, it would be between the lovebirds and the roses. To me, they both portray a beautiful sentiment.

popcornbird
03-07-2004, 12:27 PM
I love the vase of red roses!! I think it would make a perfect gift! The lovebirds are cute too.

gini
03-07-2004, 12:57 PM
I think that I prefer the roses as well. Not only does it tie in the Ruby theme for their 40th - but they are really lovely.

I like the lovebirds - but there are four of them on the branch.

Really, ANYTHING, that you might send them, they will love because it is from YOU.

Tonya
03-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
Those are great ideas - I often put together photo albums or frame pictures for presents for family. The Meal Voucher is also a good idea, but it might be a bit depressing for them to be sitting having a meal on their own (when we are all so far away from them). Also they have a really beautiful house, so I'd like to get them something they can put in their display cabinet.

That's true. I know it's hard on my mom in law that she lives so far away. I like the vase of roses the most out of the gifts that you showed. We occasionally put together a care package for my mom in law that lives back east. We send her a video tape of us doing just normal everyday things, some framed pictures, drawings from Jaden, and a few little gifts.