PDA

View Full Version : What In The World!!!! Where Are My Posts???????

petlover
03-06-2004, 06:22 PM
Oh my goodness.... I left for one day and came back and my posts were in the 800's!:mad: I used to be over a thousand. Like 1,080 or something close. Shannon said that she lost like 200 posts too. Can anyone tell me what is going on? And has this happened to anyone else?

bluekat
03-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Check out the Party Thread...

Originally posted by Dogz
It was my thread.

I didn't mean to make anyone mad. Sorry.

I just thought that since there were so many posts in there (over 800 if you don't remember) that I would delete it, it must have been taking up a lot of room.

A lot of the posts had only one of two words in them.

Sorry if I pissed you off.

wolfsoul
03-06-2004, 06:28 PM
I wondered where some of my posts went to lol.

petlover
03-06-2004, 08:00 PM
Gosh...:( Oh well I guess. They are just posts right? I don't really care about them, it just makes me mad that they are gone. Oh well, who cares...

petlover
03-06-2004, 08:05 PM
So, if a thread gets deleted then all of your posts that you posted in there get taken from you? Dang.. that is harsh.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-06-2004, 08:19 PM
I don't think it's happened to me too much... but you can get back to pillarhood easy! Good luck. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-06-2004, 08:20 PM
I just realized I lost like 20 too... darn.

Kfamr
03-06-2004, 08:21 PM
I don't see what the big deal is when someone deletes a thread.

Willie, if you're the creator of the thread, and you delete your posts, the thread gets deleted.

trayi52
03-06-2004, 08:22 PM
I deleted my post because I don't want to hurt anybodys feelings.

Willie

trayi52
03-06-2004, 08:44 PM
I so don't want to hurt anybodys feelings, I just can't do that. I have to apoligize to Dogz if I hurt her feelings, she is just too good a person to treat that way.

Willie

wolf_Q
03-06-2004, 08:48 PM
And everyone got mad at me when I said those threads were all about boosting post numbers...:rolleyes:

petlover
03-06-2004, 08:49 PM
yes Dogz... I hope I didn't hurt your feelings either. Willie is right, you are too good of a person to be treated that way...:) Truths?

petlover
03-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
And everyone got mad at me when I said those threads were all about boosting post numbers...:rolleyes:

I didn't get mad at you. I understand why you said that. I didn't mind. I wasn't going to make a big fuss over it, and it didn't really bother me.:)

trayi52
03-06-2004, 08:55 PM
OMG, I hope I didn't hurt your feelings too, wolf_Q! Did I? If I did I am sorry, Okay?

Willie

Dogz
03-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Thanks everyone. I am just sorry about making your posts come down.

I know that you can get back up there, Jan!

And remember, its quality not quanity!:D

petlover
03-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Thanks everyone. I am just sorry about making your posts come down.

I know that you can get back up there, Jan!

And remember, its quality not quanity!:D

Hehe.. don't be sorry! We'll live, they are just posts right?:p THEY ARE WORTH NOTHING:D :p :p hehe

bluekat
03-06-2004, 09:05 PM
I hope nobody thought that I got mad at them too, because I didn't. And if I hurt anyone's feelings, I'm sorry:)

G.P.girl
03-06-2004, 09:14 PM
hey think of it this way-- now you can have two "pillar threads"! won't that be fun??yeah!!

trayi52
03-06-2004, 09:18 PM
Hey that is a good thing! I never thought of that!! hehehe!

Willie

countrycowgirl
03-06-2004, 09:42 PM
I am sorry if I offended anyone I apoligize and if I offended you let me know ... cause I am really sorry:( :(

Moose
03-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by petlover
Gosh...:( Oh well I guess. They are just posts right? I don't really care about them, it just makes me mad that they are gone. Oh well, who cares...

Yes...they are just posts. It's just a number...I don't see why people start such a big fuss about things like this. :confused:

Moose
03-06-2004, 11:59 PM
I just noticed this and it kind of drives me crazy...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by petlover
HEY GUYS!! WHAT'S THE HOLD UP??? I DON"T SEE,HEAR,NOR SMELL NO PARTY!!! I NEED TO GET TO 1,000 POSTS!! WE NEED TO GET THIS PARTAY STARTED!!

Originally posted by Tweety_Pie
JAN AND I WANT TO GET TO 1000 TONIGHT! but something stopping us....I KNOW WHAT IT IS... A DEAD PARTY!

20 more posts and I'm a pillar! YAHOO!

IM SOOOO CLOSE TO 1000!!! YEA IM SO EXCITED!

post post post

And it just keeps going and going and going like that. It's just disappointing that some people care more about their post count than post quality. :(:(

I'm sorry...but what importance was there in the last quote? "post post post" Yeah...sounds really important. :rolleyes:

countrycowgirl
03-07-2004, 01:10 AM
You have a point in one since Moose. but I think that it is totally wrong to single out people and bring them to the spot light to make them feel bad that is wrong. I agree there was no point in the post but you don't have to single someone out and make them feel bad to get your point across

Kfamr
03-07-2004, 02:21 AM
I agree Brooke.

And what I really don't understand, is why this thread was posted, if no one cares about post count, or it 'doesn't matter.
No offense, but if you didn't care aobut post count, then a thread wouldn't have been made.

wolf_Q
03-07-2004, 02:30 AM
YEP. If post count doesn't matter and is worth nothing, then why start a thread?

When will people understand QUALITY vs QUANTITY! :rolleyes:

It honestly annoys the $*&@ out of me when 99% of certain people's posts are absolutely pointless. Ugh.

Of course this is just my small little worthless opinion, take it as you will.

Moose
03-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by countrycowgirl
You have a point in one since Moose. but I think that it is totally wrong to single out people and bring them to the spot light to make them feel bad that is wrong. I agree there was no point in the post but you don't have to single someone out and make them feel bad to get your point across

I hate to be the bringer of bad news countrycowgirl, but I'm not bringing people to spotlight like it's any big surprise. Everyone knows who were the main posters in that thread, and all they have to do is look in the post itself. There's really no difference if I post their names here or post the link to the thread...it's the same diff.

countrycowgirl
03-07-2004, 11:21 AM
I didn't say that what the point you were making was wrong. because it wasn't I agree with what you are saying.But my point is that if everyone knew who the main posters were and it wouldn't have made a diff. then why go ahead and take the time to post who was the main posters. I don't want to start a fight or anything and get you mad at me and if I offended you I am very sorry because that was not my intition that the farthest thing from my mind and I am sorry if I offened you.

trayi52
03-07-2004, 11:22 AM
The main thing girls, is try to be nice. If you don't want to read a thread that seems senseless to you, then don't read or suscribe to it. It may not be important to you, but maybe important for them.

This thread was over yesterday, and has gotten old too. Just try to be nice. It is pointless to hurt feelings.

Willie

Moose
03-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by trayi52
The main thing girls, is try to be nice. If you don't want to read a thread that seems senseless to you, then don't read or suscribe to it. It may not be important to you, but maybe important for them.

This thread was over yesterday, and has gotten old too. Just try to be nice. It is pointless to hurt feelings.

Willie

And I fully agree Willie...but it doesn't bother me that the thread is "senseless"...what bothers me is that people used that thread with the intent with boosting their post count with posts like "post post post" or "I want my count to get to 1000 now so keep posting everyone"...etc. Also, it irritates me when people say one thing and obviously do another. I have nothing against petlover or anyone else that was involved with that thread...but don't start a thread asking where all those pointless posts went and why your post count went down and then say that you don't really care [when you obviously do], but you'd just like to know where they went. :rolleyes:

It's just disappointing...that's all. :(

G.P.girl
03-07-2004, 11:41 AM
she didn't start a thread asking where her pointless posts went! anyone would want to know where thier posts went if all of a sudden they lost 200 odd posts. i notice you didn't jump all down everybody's throat when the last thread about posts going down.

i think we should leave it to karen and paul to decide which posts or thread need to be deletedd. and i think peopleshould worry about thier own posts and leave everybody else alone if you don't have anything nice to say...JMO

green_chameleon_girl
03-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Im sure no harm was ment. It wasent exactly a bad idea to delete some posts because it would save some room for a more important thread. Honestly I dont mind losing some posts because thats not what counts. Sure, its fun to reach pillarhood but its more fun talking about your animals and to other people;) :D

*im done my big corny speech now*;):D

trayi52
03-07-2004, 11:46 AM
Well Brooke when somebody sees their post go down, they just want to know what happen is all. I DON'T care about how many I have, don't even know. I would have to look.

Thats why I say this has got pretty pointless right now. You have to remember the ages of these girls, and try to understand their feelings too. Whats important to us as adults, may not be to them and vice versa. Understand? I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings here, none of you. I think you are all very sweet girls.

Just try to be more understanding to these young girls. Drop the subject and go on and have fun here at Pet Talk. If you feel the need to keep discussing it, then do it in pms and nobody gets their feelings hurt. I hate to see anybody with their feeling hurt.

Willie

Tweety_Pie
03-07-2004, 11:52 AM
:o :o im so embarrassed:o :o

I never really thought of it that way... lol i can feel my face going red... Im so sorry if i bugged any of you. Brooke I am sorry! And everyone I am sorry! I guess it was kind of exciting and it was fun...but now that I look at it that way I feel bad. I can't beleive my stupidness...and your right... ITS JUST A NUMBER!

G.P.girl
03-07-2004, 11:57 AM
You have to remember the ages of these girls,

yup...i'm just a young 'un:D

bluekat
03-07-2004, 12:14 PM
I understand what you're all trying to say here, and I agree with you Brooker. I don't care about my post count either, but I'll have to admit, when I first joined PT I saw a lot of people had thousands of posts. I wanted to hurry and be up there too, because it seemed like they were more known...if you understand what I mean;) lol...
But now I know it doesn't matter. I don't really know what my post count is either.:p

petlover
03-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Guys, I hate starting threads that start fights, or hurt peoples feelings... AND it's usually just over a LITTLE thing. I usually don't even say anything rude. I try to be nice. All that I said was " They are just pointless posts right?" and everything went bad... gosh. I can only be nice for so long. And keep in my temper. I have been trying very hard lately. I agree with you CountryCowgirl, Brooke shouldn't have brought those people out in the open to show to people. That kind of angered me. And Shannon, I agree with you too... however, Brooke, if it was that noticeable that we were posting constantly to get to pillarhood, then you shouldn't have to tell people. They would know. And I notice that someone usually has a problem with everyone of my posts ( no names please) but I try to make nice posts.. and they always end up like this! Just ignore threads like this if you can't be nice about it. And not start something. That is the last thing that Karen and Paul needs is another fight about something as POINTLESS AS POSTS!!! :mad: :mad: I hate it when pointless things are fought over.

Willie, I agree with you too. We should just drop the whole thing before there is flamewar at PT. Why can't we just be like our precious pets? Why can't we get along like they do????

G.P.girl
03-07-2004, 01:51 PM
i agree *sits in corner until calms down*...:p ;)

EDIT: BTW i love your sig Jan, and i love all your posts too:D

Dogz
03-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
i notice you didn't jump all down everybody's throat when the last thread about posts going down.

i think we should leave it to karen and paul to decide which posts or thread need to be deletedd. and i think peopleshould worry about thier own posts and leave everybody else alone if you don't have anything nice to say...JMO

First, you need to remember how many posts were lost. A LOT. It's not like I deleted every single one of my posts- I just deleted one thread. Like it was called- it was nonsense. And if post count doesn't matter, why are you getting mad?:confused:

It's not like I didn't loose posts either, and I don't see any complaints from me about loosing posts.

Brooke, you made very good points by quoting some people's posts.

Here's a post.

Moose
03-07-2004, 03:44 PM
First, you need to remember how many posts were lost. A LOT. It's not like I deleted every single one of my posts- I just deleted one thread. Like it was called- it was nonsense. And if post count doesn't matter, why are you getting mad?:confused:

It's not like I didn't loose posts either, and I don't see any complaints from me about loosing posts.

Brooke, you made very good points by quoting some people's posts.

Here's a post.

Well said Em. :)

...and thanks. ;):p:D

micki76
03-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Moose
And I fully agree Willie...but it doesn't bother me that the thread is "senseless"...what bothers me is that people used that thread with the intent with boosting their post count with posts like "post post post" or "I want my count to get to 1000 now so keep posting everyone"...etc. Also, it irritates me when people say one thing and obviously do another. I have nothing against petlover or anyone else that was involved with that thread...but don't start a thread asking where all those pointless posts went and why your post count went down and then say that you don't really care [when you obviously do], but you'd just like to know where they went. :rolleyes:

It's just disappointing...that's all. :(

Why do you care? If post counts don't matter to you then why should it matter if they matter to someone else?:confused: And why are you obviously bothered that people post 'senseless' posts that boosts their count?

Seems like they're equally important to you in some way.

trayi52
03-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Well said Micki!

Kfamr
03-07-2004, 04:08 PM
The thing I don't understand is that it was said that they're pointless, and the post count doesn't matter -- We know what happened and how they disappeared, so... now, why does it matter?

Stop the bickering and get back to posting, raise you post count if you wish. :p

trayi52
03-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Very well said Kay! Thats what I say leave this thread and go have fun with pet talk. This bickering is getting rediculus. Lets go look at Simba and Nala, something that is worth looking at and reading! Threre are some really great pictures of the twosome, why waste time here. I am going to go look at Simba and our gotcha day girl Nala!!

Willie

petlover
03-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
The thing I don't understand is that it was said that they're pointless, and the post count doesn't matter -- We know what happened and how they disappeared, so... now, why does it matter?

Stop the bickering and get back to posting, raise you post count if you wish. :p

Well said Kay.:)

petlover
03-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Very well said Kay! Thats what I say leave this thread and go have fun with pet talk. This bickering is getting rediculus. Lets go look at Simba and Nala, something that is worth looking at and reading! Threre are some really great pictures of the twosome, why waste time here. I am going to go look at Simba and our gotcha day girl Nala!!

Willie

That was very well said too Willie!:D I am going to go look at Simba, Nala, and everyone's pets now.:D

bluekat
03-07-2004, 04:18 PM
I know...I agree, just stop arguing over this. Its not really a big deal.

petlover
03-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
i agree *sits in corner until calms down*...:p ;)

EDIT: BTW i love your sig Jan, and i love all your posts too:D

Thamks Shannon, I am really glad that you like my sig.. hehe:D and my posts too:D :D

shais_mom
03-07-2004, 05:15 PM
And remember, its quality not quanity!:D [/B]
if this were true then all you would have to do is make posts
counting all the way too 1000.

and that is all I am gonna say, I am not trying to start anything up again or fight. JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION

wolfsoul
03-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
if this were true then all you would have to do is make posts
counting all the way too 1000.

I'm confused lol. She said quality. If you just made posts 1,2,3, than the quality wouldn't be very good. That'd be taking the quantity side of the picture, if you ask me. :confused: :o

I agree with Micki. :)

Tweety_Pie
03-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

Very well said Kay! I agree... lets just forget about this thread and get back to HAPPY POSTING :)

Moose
03-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Whatever...I was just making a point that was long overdue. :rolleyes:

Do whatever floats your boat...I just think it's a little shady. But whatever, I'm done with this thread.........

petlover
03-07-2004, 06:32 PM
I think every body is done. And now I am:)

shais_mom
03-07-2004, 10:17 PM
I knew there was a reason I shouldn't have posted besides putting my foot in my big ol mouth. You know when you look at something and THINK you know what it says? But it doesn't.
That is what I did.
I dutifully and wholeheartedly apologize for getting into it!!!
I should know better then to think. :rolleyes:

trayi52
03-07-2004, 10:26 PM
shais_mom, get your foot out of your mouth, thats my job! You trying to take my job away from me??? I am so good at it I usually end up putting both feet in! So thats my job!! LOL!;)

Willie

micki76
03-07-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
I knew there was a reason I shouldn't have posted besides putting my foot in my big ol mouth. You know when you look at something and THINK you know what it says? But it doesn't.
That is what I did.
I dutifully and wholeheartedly apologize for getting into it!!!
I should know better then to think. :rolleyes:

GAWD!! I hate it when I do that, Staci! :o Makes me so mad at myself, but then I try to remember that we're only human. Plus, I usually blame it on working too much and the fact that I'm exhausted. ;)