PDA

View Full Version : Evil cursed playground!

Tonya
03-06-2004, 02:15 PM
November 15, 2001 (I remember the date because I just resolved the mEDical bills this year :rolleyes: )...Mike, Jaden, and I rode our bikes to the park. Mike, being the kid he is crashed his bike and broke it. So, he decided to start walking back home, and Jaden and I would catch up later. Well, the playground has this thing with two platforms and a bar that glides between them. The kids hang on the bar and glide across. Jaden fell off of it. When I ran over to him, he went into convulsions. I started screaming bloody murder. A seizure is such a horrible thing to have to watch, it really freaked me out. Anyways, after he came to, I figured it'd be just as fast to carry him home then try to hitch a ride. I swear to gosh, that walk home was the longest walk of my life. It's only 1/2 as mile, but felt like hours. (BTW, he had catscans and tests, they think it was a one time thing.)

So...today, I woke up at 6am and decided I wanted to go play tennis. So, (after some convincing that it wasn't to early), Mike, Jaden, the dogs, and I drove to that park. We played tennis for a while, and then Mike wanted to go home. I told him to go ahead and drive home. Jaden, the dogs, and I would walk home later.

So...we go to the playground. I was jogging and doing sprints around while Jaden played. He called for my help because the evil glider thingy had slid out to the middle away from the platforms. So, I jogged over there and slid it to him. I started telling him "The last time you played on this, you wound up in the hospital. You were three years old." He said "Well, can I play on it now?" I replied "Oh, yeah. You are much bigger now. It's not dangerous."

Then I turned around and begun a sprint. BAM! I hit something. Everything went black and I hit the ground. What felt like 10 seconds later, but I really don't know, I woke up to Roxy barking and licking me. I have a huge knot on my forehead, chipped teeth (not to bad), a sore neck, and sore knees. I hurt my knees because when I passed out, I landed on my back with my knees bent under me.

So, once again. It was the longest freaking walk home. I was so nauseated and dizzy all the way home. I'm still seeing stars and it happened at 7:30 this morning. It's 12:20 now.

Oh, btw. It was the monkey bars that I sprinted into. :rolleyes:

Tonya
03-06-2004, 02:21 PM
BTW! I just remembered this is the second time in my life this has happened.

When I was 15, I was running in my friend's backyard. Her dog was chasing me. I ran into her clothesline. It hit me just below the nose and knocked me on the ground. I had this dorky line cut across my face just below my nose. lmao.

G.P.girl
03-06-2004, 02:26 PM
oh i'm sorry! you just have the best of luck huh?:p i hope you get better soon:)

popcornbird
03-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Oh my! You poor thing!

I've had my fair share with evil monkey bars as a child. They used to be my FAVORITE things. Anyway, one day at the park, I was playing in a playground and decided to climb the monkey bars (which were VERY high mind you). I was about 6 years old. I got to the very top, and decided to hang upsidedown on the top bar. Stupid idea.............I slipped, and fell RIGHT on the bar below. I had never been in such pain in my LIFE! I was 6 years old, but this is a pain that I will never forget. Just thinking about it makes me hurt in the spot that I fell all over again. I remember being all BLUE where I fell, and it hurt so bad. My mom rushed me to the hospital of course. Never again did I go near the monkey bars. Never ever ever. I think that is the loudest I ever cried in my life! OUCH!!!

BTW, I've always loved that gliding bar thing you're talking about. Guess its because I never fell off of it. :o

joycenalex
03-06-2004, 03:56 PM
tonya, sweetie, stay the heck away from that playground, it hates you and your family. hugs and an ice pack for you, joyce

CountryWolf07
03-06-2004, 04:44 PM
LOL I am so sorry Tonya.. but I am laughing.. I just had this mental picture.. Actually, that happened to me once.. I once tripped myself on the sidewalk and sprained my wrist.. how? I don't know HOW that happened.. I kept trying to figure it out! I couldn't just see how it was possible to trip myself on a sidewalk and land ON my back..

Tonya
03-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Tonight, we are throwing my brother a 21st birthday party. I was just on the phone with my 19 year old brother telling him what happened. He goes "Tonya, please don't tell my friends about that. And at the very least say you were running from thieves or you were drunk or something. Please don't tell my friends that you were sober and knocked yourself out on the monkey bars."

lmao.

Corinna
03-06-2004, 05:01 PM
I see 2 solutions stay away from the park or don't let mike go home without you.
I too fell from monky bars they had just blacktopped under it (to reduce the mud for the janitor) I had a goose egg on my forehead(still a scare today)They didn't call y mom and made me ride the bus home (2hourdrive) Boy I had never seen my mom mad before or heard her swear but I did that day..

trayi52
03-06-2004, 05:42 PM
God Tonya, that sounds like something I seen in a movie! If not it would make a great movie. How to knock yourself out in one easy step, sprint into a monkey bar!;)

On the serious side, better watch yourself. Dern girl, you could of got a concussion!

Willie

RICHARD
03-06-2004, 05:48 PM
my all time favorite 'knock yer arse out' story involves my brother.

He was running past the chained up dog and wham! catches his foot and splits his head open.....

He comes back from the hospital and goes over to the dog....

"See what you did to me?" He turns to walk away from the dog,
catches his foot on the chain and split the other side of his head
open.

Twice in one day.....

When life gives you lemons...............roll over and adjust your pillow.......you aren't going outside today.....

Tonya,

Jogging isn't a contact sport.

And this isn't bad luck anymore, it's the twilight zone.

trayi52
03-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Yeah, Richard if she keeps this up we're going to have to put that girl in the movies!;)

Cincy'sMom
03-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by joycenalex
tonya, sweetie, stay the heck away from that playground, it hates you and your family. hugs and an ice pack for you, joyce

I have to agree..stay away, far, far, away!!

Every year we do a haunted house to raise money for our trip to Florida. I am a "back uide" which means I follow behind the group to make sure noone gets lost and run lights switches etc. One night some of our actors from another room were talking and goofing around, messing up the room the customers were in. I went around the wall, turned on my flashlight and said "Shut up!" ... I flicked off the light, turned , and walked smack into the wall! I had a bruise on my nose for a week :rolleyes:

*LabLoverKEB*
03-06-2004, 09:58 PM
OMG! You poor thing! And your poor son! I am soooo sorry! i hope you feel and get better real soon! I know how you feel, I get hit in the head at least once a day. lamo!:D Feel better soon!

Foam
03-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Good job, Tonya. :p
I hope you feel better soon! That sounds like it really hurt. :\

Tonya
03-07-2004, 08:53 AM
Update: It's 7am the next day and my head is still pounding. :o I'd like to blame it on my brother's birthday party, but I only had 3 beers in about 9 hours. So, it's my geeky head injury.

ramanth
03-08-2004, 08:11 AM
:eek: Tonya, did you see the doctor at all? You might have a mild concusion. :(

My sister was doing that stunt on the playground where you run in between the kids on the swings. Well she wasn't fast enough and was shoved head first into the metal pole. Knocked herself out for a few minutes and had a concussion. :(

Owie.

Hope you feel better soon.