PDA

View Full Version : Possible sister for my boys?

catnapper
03-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Yup, we might be adding a girlie to our tribe.:)

This is a huge might, and a lot of factors have to happen first, but my sister-in-law might be staying with us for a year or so... her husband is over in Egypt and she's lonely in her home, so she might close it up and bring the animals with her to stay with us until her husband comes home next year. She'll have to find a job and get some things squared away, but.... we might be getting a girlie cat (and girlie dog) to stay with us for a year.

I've met the dog (she's a super sweet dog) but never met the cat. My SIL says she's "neurotic" since she hides and never comes out. All I heard was that I get another cat in my home!:D

So lets hear PT prayers that my SIL finds a fabulous job and comes home while her hubby is working in Egypt. I adore my SIL and would love to have her company for a year!

Laura's Babies
03-05-2004, 10:48 PM
Wishes coming your way for your sister-in-law! My daughter calls her cat "neurotic" too, but when I keep her, I find her to be very sweet and affectionate. Maybe that kitty will react different in different surroundings and you can help them be less neurotic.. I define my daughter as a "live wire" and that is what her cat reacts to, but over here, I am quiet and laid back so her cat is too.. her kitty might change under your roof.

kimlovescats
03-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Good luck, sounds like a great plan to me!!!;)

Kirsten
03-06-2004, 07:22 AM
Oh, I'm so excited for you! :)

And I'm sure Allen and Pouncer will cheer the "neurotic" girl up in no time! :D

Good luck,
Kirsten

catmandu
03-06-2004, 09:21 AM
The Found Cats are excited for you , as wll and hope that Sil , comes to live with you , and the Doggie , as well , and that everyone gets along!

jazzcat
03-06-2004, 11:38 AM
I hope it works out.

catcrazylady
03-06-2004, 11:43 AM
We would love to have pictures of the "Nuerotic" kitty!! Pouncer and Allen would probably enjoy a kitties femine touch.........slap.......swat!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif I hope it works out for you and we would love the stories and pictures!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

kitten645
03-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Best wishes to you and yours...you never know how things will work out. I think some boy interaction will teach her to hold her ground and be a bit braver. Nuertic is in the eye of the beholder. My boys are technically in that they "jump" (read tear out) at the slightest noise...usually leaving mum with some deep track wounds. I keep telling them nothing can or ever has hurt you in this home...what's the big deal?? oy...you'd think the'd been beatin their whole lives!! Change of life might be just the ticket for the kitty.
Claudia