PDA

View Full Version : Now This Is Something We Can ALL Get Riled About!

2kitties
03-05-2004, 09:12 PM
This would really cramp my style. Just another reason I think Bill Gates is probably the devil. This could really cramp my style! To paraphrase, he wants you to have to buy a stamp for every single email you send. Just like regular mail, only less expensive of course.
Did I meantion I use MACINTOSH!!!?
Gates Proposes stamps for Email (http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/03/05/spam.charge.ap/index.html)

guster girl
03-05-2004, 09:27 PM
wow.

Rottieluver45
03-05-2004, 10:57 PM
LOL!! I hope it never happens. If it does...I`ll...I`ll--boycott e-mail!!!!! :eek:

IttyBittyKitty
03-05-2004, 11:38 PM
...he thinks to himself, "I only have 100 billion dollars. How to make more money without looking like greedy so-and-so. Think, Gatesy, think! Aha! Now I got it ..."

CountryWolf07
03-05-2004, 11:51 PM
:rolleyes:

Bill Gates.. another crazy man with a lot of $.. ugh..

CathyBogart
03-06-2004, 02:21 AM
Riiiiiight...It'll never work. :)

carole
03-06-2004, 03:29 AM
Good Grief what next, yep the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, I hope it is only a rumour and never happens, as that will indeed cramp my style.

moosmom
03-06-2004, 07:54 AM
Greedy #@$%&^*.

Bill Gates.. another crazy man with a lot of $.. ugh..

AND alot of time on his hands!!! Jerk! :mad: :mad:

RICHARD
03-08-2004, 06:00 PM
what does an E-stamp taste like??

catland
03-08-2004, 06:44 PM
yeah - next we'll be paying for television. and, and, radio. AARRGGHHHHHH

koxka
03-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
what does and E-stamp taste like??

Probably virtual ! :rolleyes:

joycenalex
03-09-2004, 06:27 AM
through my internet service provider. i do not think i should have to pay again to be protected from spammers. put them out of business instead of bothering me. bill gates, fix it from the crooks end, don't misuse me.

Logan
03-09-2004, 08:22 AM
I don't know that they can ever make this happen, but from what I understand the proposal would give you a certain number of "freebies", then you would pay 1 cent per email. It is not pointed at "us", the consumer, it is pointed at those huge mass mailers who flood our inboxes constantly.

Hate to pour water all over this and have a different opinion, but I would be glad to pay 1 cent to stop getting all the crap in my email!! :)

ramanth
03-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Me on the other side of the coin. I run a Play By Email Club and this would hurt my members, most of which are young and I can see their parents forcing them to quit so they could save money.

I also do a lot of emailing in my rescue groups and for me, those pennies would add up. I'm no millionaire like Gates.

I REALLY hope it doesn't happen.

G.P.girl
03-09-2004, 08:57 AM
i don't want that to happen! i really don't mind the spam, it all goes in to my bulk folder and i delete it. that all there is to it. and who would be getting all these pennies? little billy? sure....thats convientient (sp?)

BitsyNaceyDog
03-10-2004, 08:07 AM
Did I meantion I use MACINTOSH!!!?

Me too, for many reasons.

yeah - next we'll be paying for television. and, and, radio. AARRGGHHHHHH

We do- cable (well, I don't. We don't watch enough TV to get cable) And as for radio, there is satellite radio that you pay for, but I don't know anyone who has it.

ILoveReptiles
03-10-2004, 08:21 AM
Oh please. As if he doesn't already make enough money.

Someone really needs to knock this guy down a few pegs. He's out of control now.:mad:

G.P.girl
03-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Well....you know poor Billy might not get the "richest man in the world" title if we don't pay for the emails....and we can't have that now can we? of course not. so see really it'squite logical that there is no other way to do this....:rolleyes:

*end sarcasm*:p

minkyboodle
03-10-2004, 08:50 AM
The only way I can see this kinda working at all would be for certain servers.

Like if you had a very important email you wanted to send to someone and it needed to stay secure and stuff, I can see paying that just to make sure it doesn't get lost or misdirected.

But there isn't any way to charge people for email unless it is just off certain servers. How are they going to be able to know how many emails are getting sent off of my email server from home? Now that would be invasion of privacy....

lv4dogs
03-12-2004, 03:11 PM
whats up with that? I mean we already pay for internet use (which is overpriced too), but paying to email too is outrageous. Ever notice how all the rich people want more money out of us poor folks!