PDA

View Full Version : Trevor...the Furbaby without a home.

catcrazylady
03-05-2004, 08:33 PM
This is Trevor who lived in a cage at the shelter where I volunteer. Trevor was a beautiful cat. He would get so excited when you came into the room. He would rub and rub against the cage and stand straight up wanting you to come to him. When you went to pet him he would run away. He had become so accustomed to people grabbing him and giving him medicine that he didn't trust anymore. I would sit in front of his cage and talk to him with a gentle tone and try to get him to understand that I only wanted to love him. The problem, you see is that Trevor was deaf and he couldn't understand. We were making progress because the last time I saw him he didn't run like before. He backed away but for the first time he sniffed my hand and seemed to be learning that I was not there to medicate him. I was very happy and thought that maybe soon we could have a snuggle session.
Two days later Trevor was found dead in his cage. Trevor was mainly medicated off and on as a precaution. He could have gone to the store to be adopted but he had to learn to trust first. No one knows why Trevor died because he seemed so healthy. His body was examined but no reason could be found.
I want to leave this memorial behind for the sad and homeless Trevor. I only knew Trevor for a few weeks but his beautiful blue eyes touched my heart and his need for love, but so afraid, touched my soul. I wish I could have given Trevor more but there wasn't time. I know he is in good company now with Butterscotch, Bob, and so many other wonderful kitties. Even though our time together was short I do miss him. That corner of the room isn't nearly as bright.
This is all I can do for Trevor now. Let this be a rememberance for a beautiful furry soul that had no one to love him or call his own. God Speed Trevor and I hope to see you again some day.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid106/p44719a91723dbe6b60a5f6a1cab893b4/f96e9735.jpg

jazzcat
03-05-2004, 08:43 PM
What a sweet memorial for a lonely soul.

Rest in peace beautiful Trevor. May you now hear the sound of your owner calling you home.

After this week, I've learned to keep a box of tissues by my computer.:(

2kitties
03-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Aw Trevor, sounds like you went home in search of the peace you weren't able to find here. I hope you are resting now, enjoying some sunshine and purring happily.

slick
03-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
After this week, I've learned to keep a box of tissues by my computer.:(
I'm such a sap that I keep a box of kleenex in every room of my apartment and at work.:(
Trevor, I know what it's like to be lonely and not trust anyone. Please understand that not all humans are bad and I'm glad you at least got to know someone before you decided to cross over the bridge. I don't know why you wanted to leave, but I guess you heard a calling that you couldn't resist. Perhaps you spotted a trusting human up there that would give you a good home. RIP Trevor. We love you.

shais_mom
03-06-2004, 12:47 AM
Godspeed sweet Trevor.
Thank you for loving him.

kimlovescats
03-06-2004, 12:47 AM
:( Oh wow, Lisa ... this story really breaks my heart. I wonder what happened to him.... oh well, it's not our place to wonder ... I am sure God was ready to call him away!

Thank you for the beautiful tribute to this precious creature. Thank you soooooooo much for showing him your special love, Lisa.... I know he was moved by you for sure!!!

(((HUGS)))

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-06-2004, 01:25 AM
What a special tribute for a special cat. Trevor was such a gorgeous boy - what a shame that he didn't have a furever home - but at least he passed away in the shelter, and not out in the street.

I assume that Trevor was born deaf - it is a common problem with blue-eyed white cats. I can also (sort of) understand why it would be difficult to home him - from my experiences with Connor I can tell you that a deaf cat brings a whole load of difficulties and challenges, and is MUCH harder than coping with a hearing cat.

Trevor - have fun at the Rainbow Bridge - where you can now hear all the other animals. And keep a special eye on my Connor - he needs a guardian angel to watch over him as he also goes through life not being able to hear!

davidpizzica
03-06-2004, 02:47 AM
What a beautiful boy he was and a lovely tribute. He has no worries about medicine and is being looked after by Thai & Freddie. rest in peace, Trevor!

PayItForward
03-06-2004, 04:49 AM
Rest in peace Trevor :( :( :(

Here is a a copy of the Rainbow Bridge Story for those cats who are alone in this earth life (http://www.piftails.com/Solo_rainbowbridge.html) (bottom of the page)

jenluckenbach
03-06-2004, 05:42 AM
Now that I am bawling my eyes out :( ...........

What a lovely tribute to Trevor.

And I never read that version of the rainbow bridge. It is a real tear jerker.

{{{HUGS}}} to you, LIsa and come to think of it...........to everyone who has or has lost a pet.

smokey the elder
03-06-2004, 07:22 AM
That's the one I was trying to think of. When I heard about all the kitties who went to the RB this week, I had a half-remembered idea about them needing to go for people who had died in wars and stuff.

Poor Trevor. One of those people is waiting for him, and he is no longer deaf.

Craftlady
03-06-2004, 07:46 AM
May he rest in peace.

moosmom
03-06-2004, 07:51 AM
Lisa,

Your beautiful touching memorial to Trevor brought me to tears this morning, even before my first cup of coffee!!

I am so sorry to hear about sweet Trevor. I am speechless!

Rest in peace sweet boy. You were loved by many, both near and far. May you hear the birds sing and see the sun shine at the Rainbow Bridge.

Kirsten
03-06-2004, 10:26 AM
What a sad story! Poor Trevor!!! At least you have found a friend here on Earth before you left this world!

R.I.P., sweet boy!

Kirsten

catcrazylady
03-06-2004, 11:49 AM
I know that this memeorial is more for me than poor Trevor. He is at peace now but it really helps me to see that he will at least be remembered here. At least a few tears will be shed for him. It just doesn't seem right to leave this world and have no one care. I know there are many but at least for Trevor I can do something in his memory.
Thanks to all who responded because now I have the peace of heart that he is grieved for.

Karen
03-06-2004, 12:02 PM
I am sure Trevor found someone at the Rainbow Bridge, perhaps a littlle girl who always wanted a kitty of her very own, but wasn't allowed to in her brief life. ztrevor, sweet blue-eyed buy, rest in peace, may you find love at last.

ChrisH
03-06-2004, 01:08 PM
That is a beautiful tribute to a beautiful boy.

Rest in Peace Sweet Trevor.

rg_girlca
03-06-2004, 06:40 PM
Gosh I don't think i've cried so much as I have done this past week.:(
What a kind thing you did CCL for precious Trevor. Such a beautiful tribute. Thank you for doing this for him, as I think only a PT'er would have done.

Rest in Peace beautiful Trevor and have fun on Rainbow Bridge.
You will never been alone anymore.

trayi52
03-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Poor little Trevor, how sad. This has been such a sad few weeks for Pet Talk! I just cry when I hear stories like this.

That was a wonderful tribute to darling Trevor.

Willie

AvaJoy
03-06-2004, 07:21 PM
The time you spent with Trevor was probably more than anyone ever gave to him, and he was so grateful. He just didn't know how to thank you. What a sad time for so many of our Pettalk kitties. Rest in peace, handsome Trevor. And know that you were and are loved by all of us, dear boy.

Laura's Babies
03-06-2004, 07:37 PM
can you see my tears from up there? I mourn the worlds loss for such a beauty. I hope I find you when it is my time and I will take you "Home" with me forever! God Bless You Trevor...

rosethecopycat
03-06-2004, 11:57 PM
May you find a kinder, more gentle world awaiting you.

Godspeed to the bridge, Trevor.

Killearn Kitties
03-08-2004, 06:35 AM
What a sad story.
Rest in peace handsome Trevor.

Steffi N
03-08-2004, 09:16 PM
(With tears in my eyes) Rest in peace, sweet Trevor.

ramanth
03-09-2004, 09:39 AM
RIP beautiful blue eyes. :(

Randi
03-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Trevor, you were a beautiful boy! I hope you had a lot of love earlier in your life.

Rest in Peace, sweet boy! I will light a candle for you. :)

Barbara
03-10-2004, 04:14 AM
I am crying too, for Trevor, and for all the cats and humans who have to leave this world lonely.

catmandu
03-16-2004, 08:59 AM
That is a sad thing for poor Trevor , to pass on , as a Stray ,not as the Beloved Companion cat , that he deserved to be. But on the Rainbow Bridge , the Lord evens things out , and the Homeless have homes , the Hungry food , and the Lonely , lots of Guardians to play with , and be petted by.RIP TRevor, our Friend.

QueenScoopalot
04-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Poor lovely Trevor. :( Now I'm crying again...for Willy, for Trevor, for all the ones lost too soon.:( What a beautiful picture of Trevor, and a lovely tribute. Jan