PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone understand what I mean?

Aspen and Misty
03-05-2004, 07:12 PM
We went to the shelter 2 weeks ago and this really ugly (sorry :o ) dog stuck out to me. I swear it was like he was saying "pick me, pick me!" I got him out of his cage and OMG IS HE SWEET! He wouldn't leave my side, he stuck by me, didn't pull on the leash and if he walked even 2 steps ahead of me he would turn around and look at me. His coat is mostly black with some brown on him. His coat is fluffy around his neck, like a shelties, then as it goes down his back it gets thinner and thinner and then you get to his hinny it is about as short as a lab's coat! It's sooo cute. Well, anyway, as we had him out I sat on the ground and he climbed on my lap and kissed me and kissed me. I swear when you looked into his eyes you could see his whole soul. He is kind loving, gets along with kids, other dogs, and cats. Well, I hadn't been able to get him off my mind. I was dreaming about him, talking about him and thinking about him all the time. We went back to visit him today and I swear I almost cried, it was like I had lost Nova and was being re-united with her. I got him out and he instantly went past the otehr 2 people and straight to me and jumped on me and cried and cried. It was like he missed me to. I looked into his eyes and almost melted! It was love! We conected right there and then. I looked at him and though he has to be the most beautiful dog I have ever seen. When I got on the floor with him he calmed down and sat on my lap and kissed me and kissed me some more! I swear, he was ment for me.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Really connect with a dog and know that that dog is for you?

Ash :(

aly
03-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Unfortunately, it happens to me way too often since I'm in shelters every day. Its really hard and I haven't found a way to avoid it yet.

:(

Kfamr
03-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Everytime I visit the shelter.
I've never thought of any of them as ugly though.:p

I'm going tomorrow, my dad promised. :)

lute
03-05-2004, 09:21 PM
oh yeah!i went to the shelter today and a big black lab mix with blue eyes. she was beautiful! she just put her head up against the cage like"pet me........please" i hate going there and getting atached to a dog then having to turn around and leave.

DogLover9501
03-05-2004, 10:10 PM
I never get to visit shelters :(

Aspen and Misty
03-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

I've never thought of any of them as ugly though.:p

You would have to see him to understand.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, Aly, I can only imagien how hard that must be!

Ash

Tonya
03-05-2004, 11:01 PM
I totally understand. And I know what you mean. My mom's dog, Skeeter is ugly. My brother and I were just talking about this. He's a cocker spaniel daschund mix. He has a deformity called parrots mouth where he has a severe underbite. -So bad that he has to drink out of a special bowl. Otherwise, he can't breath because his nose gets stuck in the water. And he's got a strange shaped body that makes him look like a fat table. But, he's so funny looking that he's beautiful. He caught our eyes at the pound because of his looks. It's hard to explain, but I know what you mean. Like Jeff and I like to say "Skeeter, you are so ugly...but not in a bad way. You're good ugly."

I think I find connections with every animal I meet. They're all my soulmates. lol.

Tonya
03-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Hehe, thought of a better description...

It's a dog who's looks make you say "Awww, bless their heart..." then you see them. lol

Corinna
03-06-2004, 12:31 AM
I can't go the shelters unless I have a purpose Like getting some one. I have a terrible time. TOoo sensitve. I get depressed and cry for days after. I'm not allowed by my family to go.