PDA

View Full Version : Darling Scout, we will miss you

Logan
03-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Many of you older members will remember me talking about my "sister", Scout (she was my parent's Lab mix). She passed away this morning, with her head on my dad's arm at the vet's office. She apparently suffered a stroke last night during the night. We knew her health was declining due to many issues, but we weren't ready for her to leave. But in the last few days, she has been unable to stand without assistance, and could hardly use her back legs. :( The decision was made this morning to let her go peacefully, so she wouldn't have to suffer anymore.

Scout was about 13 years old, I think. She was a beautiful, loving girl. I know that she has lots of friends waiting to greet her at the RB. I will miss her so much, as will my entire family. :(

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2d729b3127cce906995a0ea010000001610

wolfie
03-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Oh, I'm very sorry! :( She was a beautiful girl. RIP Scout. :(

slick
03-05-2004, 09:38 AM
So sorry to hear about Scout.:( RIP little one for now you are running and playing happily at the RB.

Cataholic
03-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Logan,
I am sorry to hear of Scout's passing. May she find Binx, quickly, and be happily guided around the RB.
RIP, Scout.

Pam
03-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Logan, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers today. Scout was precious. Thank you for posting the picture although it did cause the tears to start. ((((Hugs)))) to you all!

Logan
03-05-2004, 10:28 AM
I looked back to find this thread that I started a long time ago entitled "Triplets", as Scout, our Murphy and K9 Karen's Cody looked so much alike. Two of those precious "triplets" are now at the Rainbow Bridge. :( Murphy, thankfully, is still with us. :)

Triplets (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14594&highlight=Triplets)

robinh
03-05-2004, 11:06 AM
To your parents and to your family please accept my condolences. Such a sad time for you all.

Makes me think of my Peach and brings tears to my eyes.

RIP Scout.:(

dukedogsmom
03-05-2004, 11:47 AM
I'm so sorry about Scout. That's the same thing that happened to my Siamese cat and I had to take her to the vet because the parents were out of town. It's a very hard thing to do but it's our last act of love. Scout will have lots of buddies. Pooh-Ling(the cat) Nibbles(bunny) Beauty, Kammisar and Shoney for the dogs.

Glacier
03-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Godspeed pretty girl. Say hi to Hoodoo for me.

My Peanuts
03-05-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm very sorry. :( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. RIP Scout.

tatsxxx11
03-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Oh Logan. My heart broke into a million pieces when I read your email. You know, from the first day you intoduced me to Scout I fell in love with with this beautiful senior girl. I'm so glad your Dad and Chip were with her as she passed. I know my Jing, Karen's Cody, Binx, Smokey, Tizzie, Hoodoo and all of our RB babies are welcoming her with happy woofs and wagging tails. Thank you so much for posting her beautiful picture; and the beautiful photo of the triplets. Love to you friend. Please tell your Mom and Dad and Chip, I'm thinking of them all. What a sad day:( {{{HUGS}}}Sandra

Karen
03-05-2004, 01:46 PM
I am sure Scout has been greeted by many wagging tails and happy faces at the Rainbow Bridge. What a sweet face, and a lovely girl. Sweet Scout of all kind hearts, we'll miss you.

ramanth
03-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Logan, I'm so sorry for you and your familys loss. :( :(

Scout was a beautiful girl.

Play free Scout!

Rachel
03-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
I'm so glad your Dad and Chip were with her as she passed. I know my Jing, Karen's Cody, Binx, Smokey, Tizzie, Hoodoo and all of our RB babies are welcoming her with happy woofs and wagging tails.

Sandra, as always, you are able to reflect what so many of us feel. Logan, we are thinking of you and your brother and parents today. We will light a special candle tonight in honor of the new member at the Rainbow Bridge. Although the poem doesn't mention it, I know there are some special people who are waiting at the Bridge too, just to keep the pets company for a while. I think our Cinder and Smoke's Gram is one of them as is our veterinarian, Dr. B., who went far too soon a year and a half ago. Also a beautiful dog groomer named Kim. Scout will not be lacking for attention or companionship.

lizbud
03-05-2004, 04:46 PM
Logan,

I'm so very sorry that Scout has passed on over RB.:( She
was a beautiful soul & was much loved and treasured. May she
rest in peace. It is so very hard to lose them even though we
know it's the best, and final act of kindness we can give.

R.I.P Scout. :(

gini
03-05-2004, 05:01 PM
Dear Logan,

My heart is heavy for you as you describe the loss of Scout.

These partings, even though temporary, are so very hard to accept.

Please extend my sympathy to your father and brother and I extend it to you as well.

I feel by now that we must have our very own huge meadow at the Rainbow Bridge and down the hill is a lovely stream for the pups to play in when it is too warm. There are no fences, but everyone knows that it is called Dear Friends of Pet Talkers.

Sudilar
03-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Logan, when I saw the picture of sweet Scout, my eyes got misty. How heartbroken you and your family must be. She was a beautiful dog. My sincere condolences got out to you and your family. The picture of the Triplets brought on more tears. My heart goes out to you!

jazzcat
03-05-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm so sorry.

Rest in peace sweet Scout.

Phred
03-05-2004, 10:19 PM
:(

* Scout * ~

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2d729b3127cce906995a0ea010000001610

Rest in Eternal Peace, Dear Scout.

Logan ~

Big {{{Hugs}}} to You and ALL of your Family.

But - wow! 13 Years of Wonderful :) Memories!
Please tell us a few Scout Tails when you feel up to it.

/s/ :( Phred

Cincy'sMom
03-05-2004, 10:22 PM
RIP Dear Scout.

Logan, your family is our thoughts.

K9karen
03-05-2004, 11:20 PM
:( :( :(
Logan, you know how often we spoke about the triplets.
Seeing it again, just brought down the flood gates.
I force myself to be happy and lucky for 11 1/2 years but it's always way too soon. I know your family and Mr Darcy are devastated losing their special girl.

We always said that Cody and Scout should meet someday.
Now they have. I know Cody's in love and will take good care of his girlfriend.

KYS
03-06-2004, 05:50 AM
I am sorry to hear of Scout's passing. :(

HUGS!!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-06-2004, 09:18 AM
Logan, I am so sorry to hear about Scout. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Hugs.

trayi52
03-06-2004, 09:26 AM
Logan, I am so sorry to hear about Scout. We know that he is at the bridge with all of our loved ones. It is always so hard on the one left behind. Their absence is felt so deeply inside of us.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

ChrisH
03-06-2004, 09:57 AM
Oh, Logan, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of beautiful Scout. I know that it hurts so much to let a furry member of our family go, even when it is is the best and loving thing. {{Hugs}} You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rest in Peace Dear Scout.

shais_mom
03-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Logan I am so sorry for the loss. Please know your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

anna_66
03-09-2004, 03:29 PM
:( I'm so sorry to hear of Scout's passing. It must have been so hard for your parents (and you too).
Please give them my condolences.

R.I.P. Scout

oodlesofpoodles
03-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Logan,

I am truly sorry for you and your family's loss. Scout looked like a cuddly bear. You will always have her memories in your heart and mind. Again I am truly sorry for your loss.

Cissie, (oodles of poodles and 2 goldens)