PDA

View Full Version : Blankets for shelters?

Laura's Babies
03-05-2004, 08:14 AM
Anyone still doing the blankets for shelters? How many of you have made them and donated them? Update me please!

I mailed mine to CCL's shelter before I went to work and I got the nicest letter from the shelter thanking me for them (in my mail when I got back). I plan to make some more, anyone else still doing them? I hope we can keep it going!

catnapper
03-05-2004, 08:38 AM
I just finished a second one last night. I am not a good machine sewer. They are pretty pathetic looking, but Pouncer approves of the comfy-quotient, so they can't be all bad:D

I have made two blankets and broken quite a few needles in the process.:rolleyes: I'll be dropping them off to Jen's One By One Rescue this weekend. All of these wonderful rescues being helped by PTers! Its amazing!:)

Laura's Babies
03-05-2004, 11:29 AM
They don't care one hoot how they look as long as they are comfy... They don't even care if it is the ugliest fabric you ever saw.. Just as long as it is comfy!! Proof of that is all the fabric I have with cat hair all over it. All that is a "people" thing, not a "cat" thing! So, do not get discouraged. It is the kitties who will judge them, not humans!

jazzcat
03-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Hi, glad to see you are back!

I've made and donated 35 blankets to the rescue group where Jazz and Scout were adopted. I've also made a couple of round beds like you showed a picture of and told how to make. My dog has claimed one and Scout has claimed the other. I plan to make a few more like that for the shelter plus more blankets.

Here's the round bed Scout claimed. It was fun to make.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid106/paa89bbc1e80915d5c91c8aedb8587013/f96f64f9.jpg