PDA

View Full Version : my four inside babies went to the shelter yesterday .... :(

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-05-2004, 04:50 AM
Yesterday was soooo hard for me...:( .

As much as I know that the kittens are now starting on their road to a long happy life in a forever home.. it broke my heart in a million pieces to drive away without them knowing i will never see their little faces again!!:(

The place I took them is called Rescue Cats.. they are a no kill shelter who DO screen the applicants who want to adopt.. I found them on petfinder and their website is www.rescuecats.org they really seem like the most perfect place and I know that they are going to treat them kitties so good.. but it felt like I was dropping my own kids off.

Last night I cried and cried because I had to clean the bathroom where they were living.. and it hurts to think about it now..

(i never imagined it would be this hard to give them up)... I guess cause I've worked soooooo hard to earn their trust.. and i love them soooo much..

and i still have two more in the garage that i have yet to catch and tame.. so i will have to go through this even again.. when they are ready to be placed..

but throught all the pain.. there is an overwhelming joy knowing that Macy found my house out of all the houses on my street and now her and her babies will never have to live on the street again..:)

on the way to the shelter i kept praying and asking God to not let ANYONE adopt them kittens unless they are JUST LIKE ME! ;) :p so I know they will be taken care of FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.. and when I got to the shelter.. they were playing christian music on their radio.. .. so I believe the Lord was letting me know that He is going to take care of them...

Well..... I hate to think my adventures with the Scooter bugs is about to be over... but I am sooo glad they are getting a chance at a wonderful life!

thanks to everyone here for your support and WONDERFUL advice!! I love all you guys and I would have never ever known how to get through all this without you!!!

Kirsten
03-05-2004, 04:54 AM
Oh, that must have been so hard!!!! :( Don't know if I could ever foster kittens and then give them up when they're old enough! ;)

Hopefully they'll all find a good permanent place.

Kirsten

catcrazylady
03-05-2004, 05:43 AM
I know how hard that must have been! It is a lot of FUN work getting ferals to learn to trust. It's very rewarding and how can you not fall madly in love with such adorable babies? You did a wonderful thing and because of you they have a happy life to look forward to. Macy surely would have had more and more kittens had you not intervened. You have done what I consider one of the hardest things. You loved and then let go so they could move on.
I believe that your prayers will be answered and they will find wonderful homes!
You did such a wonderful job with the scooter bugs! Bless you for giving them such a wonderful start in life.

jenluckenbach
03-05-2004, 05:48 AM
I'd like to say CONGRATULATIONS on a successful fostering! This is what we do. We give cats/kittens a chance that they would not have had under different circumstances. We give them ALL our love and teach them that not all humans are bad. And then we say good bye. We cry. We vow that it is too hard to do ever again. And then we do it again.
Thank you for helping those kittens and thank you for sharing them with us.
:)

sirrahbed
03-05-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
.. and when I got to the shelter.. they were playing christian music on their radio.. .. so I believe the Lord was letting me know that He is going to take care of them...

No such thing as coincidence

Your message was so sad and happy at the same time - made me cry. I cannot do the things I read about here - fostering like you, Kim, TNR like Lisa..or shelter work like CCL. But I surely admire what you do. Blessings!~Debbie

Laura's Babies
03-05-2004, 06:50 AM
Hope you are off to a great life in new homes!!

I just couldn't do it, love then like that, then have to part with then time after time! People like you will surley have a special place in heaven for the great work you do here.

moosmom
03-05-2004, 07:38 AM
Sara,

Like sirrahbed said, there IS no such thing as coincidence. That was God's way to telling you he's watching over them.

Fostering is very difficult. No matter how long you've been doing it, it's still hard to see them go, only HOPING that they will find wonderful furrrever homes. Rescue organizations such as Rescue Cats will take the time and love to make sure your babies will be happy and healthy for a long time to come.

Great job!!! Give yourself a pat on the back and welcome to the elite club known as Rescue!! Elite because it takes a special kind of person to be able to rescue them, socialize them, love them and then have to let them go.

((((hugs)))))

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-05-2004, 09:00 AM
I admire you so much - for everything you have done for those kittens, and also for having the strength to love them, and then let them go.

You have given them a precious gift - a wonderful start in life. Now it is time for them to find their furever homes.

catmandu
03-05-2004, 09:03 AM
That is so hard , to give them up. I did that once with a little Black Cat , that I had , and I always wonder , to this day , where Jet is , and whether she got a good home. And the sad thing was I didnt want more than six Cats.Now there are13, and Jet would have fit right in, I hope that your Kitties and Jet , got a good Furrever Home.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Sad....but happy at the same time. :( :D

I checked out their website and they look like a wonderful shelter and I'm sure the babies will all find wonderful homes.

Now on to the other two.....and what about Macy? Will the shelter take her too?

You've done a great job with these kittens and I'm so glad Macy knew to bring them to you. She knew you would take the best care of them and she wouldn't have to worry.

I can't imagine giving them up, but knowing they will be getting good homes is some consolation.

{{{hugs}}} to you for working so hard and helping Macy and her adorable babies. :)

Steffi N
03-05-2004, 09:50 AM
Thank you for giving the scooter bugs a loving start and caring enough to find a shelter that will work hard to find them good homes. We all have loved following these babies and will miss them. Good luck with the kittens still in the garage, I know you will care for them as much as you did the first scooter bugs.
{{HUGS}} for you.

Prairie Purrs
03-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I'd like to say CONGRATULATIONS on a successful fostering!

I'll echo that! I'm sure those babies will have loving homes in no time--if I didn't have a houseful, I'd have considered a road trip to adopt sweet little Lady Fuzz (I adore fluffy lap cats). :)

PayItForward
03-05-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Bless you, for being such a great foster mum.

I hope all kits and Macy get furever homes very soon.

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-05-2004, 02:17 PM

Yes the lady said to just email her when ever the other kittens were ready to be placed.. and she said she will take Macy too..

I really really hope someone with a special heart takes Macy ... she is the sweetest BEST MOMMY KAT in the world... and she really deserves a break in life to be spoiled to pieces in a warm FOREVER home!!!

I am home from work and miss my four inside babies so much... I thought about them all day.. I wonder what they are doing now?? They are probably charming the mess out of everyone they meet!! {BIG SIGH}

Do you guys think it would be right if I called that lady (her name is Marinette) in a few days to check on them.... or is that too crazy???

ANYWAY... I will probably take some pics of T and J tonight... I have been camera neglecting them for a while now...:eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
Do you guys think it would be right if I called that lady (her name is Marinette) in a few days to check on them.... or is that too crazy???

I think that would be a wonderful idea! That way you get to be updated on them, and Marinette knows that their foster mommy really cares about them and their well being. She seems nice enough if she's willing to take the other two kittens and Macy too, so I would just go ahead and call in a few days. Might not want to call every hour on the hour ;) but I think it would be fine in a few days.

Do they update their website quite often? You could always check their progress on there too, but I know sometimes they aren't updated as quickly as you might want the information.

I'm so happy she said she'd take the other two along with Macy. I'm sure they'll all end up in wonderful homes. They are all adorable kitties - including Macy. :)

lv4dogs
03-05-2004, 03:53 PM
what a combination of feelings, happy yet sad. It is hard I have fostered many animals in my life and there is no feeling to describe how it feels when you have to let them go. You did a GREAT job!! I am proud of you!

Meko was supposed to be a rescue kitty that I was going to find a home for once she became old enough & friendly enough, but she worked at an extra extra soecial place in my heart. I just cant part w/ her.I have had many many many people that would absolutely love to have her, but she is much harder to part w/ than the others, she is here w/ me for a reason!

IttyBittyKitty
03-05-2004, 11:32 PM
But you've done a wonderful thing for those adorable little mites, and they will remember you forever. Without you, they would have all had difficult, loveless lives. No matter what happens to them all from now on, they have known what it is like to be loved!

Best of luck in your new homes, kitties!

shais_mom
03-06-2004, 12:07 AM
Good for you Sara!!!
You did a GOOD THING!!
Keeping you in my thoughts!

Corinna
03-06-2004, 12:16 AM
Will miss the scooter bug updates, but glad they will get forever homes.

kimlovescats
03-06-2004, 12:23 AM
GOD most definitely speaks to us, and the fact that the Christian music was playing was His truth revealed!!! I notice things like this as well, and it always puts such a sense of renewed Faith in my heart! Thanks so much for sharing, and you did a wonderful thing for these babies! God is smiling for sure!!! :D

smokey the elder
03-06-2004, 07:32 AM
Congratulations on a successful fostering. It's rewarding and heartbreaking at the same time. I'm getting geared up for my 4th kitten season.